Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You take three tanks, and you paint a 1, 2, and 4 on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Props to the feds for properly dealing with possibly the most boring act of terrorism to ever occur in the history of the universe. You all deserve a raise.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Epic High Five posted:

Drunk Kentucky guy who terrorized the thiefs stream for like an hour and a half, calling in over and over with weird questions and for spell checking. He was hilarious and we all loved him and the magic he spoke that meant that the person who could see it was him calling and choose whether to put him live or not would be helpless to refuse

He was like the town drunk from Blazing Saddles

The best/ironic part of John Spartan was that in his later calls after the trollbeast host kept parroting she had it on good authority from her SECRET SOURCE that the FBI shot the guy 32 times while he had his hands up saying "I'm unarmed and I surrender" or some bullshit like that he kept pressing her how she knew that was true and she refused to answer. I think her reply was "you'll have to research and find out otherwise" :smug: or something like that.

Shockingly he was the shining beacon of critical thinking in the shitfest even while completely hammered and probably on his 2nd bottle of Jack.

I would love to have that guy to come here and post a thread (even though he's probably 55+ and can't use a touchtone phone) because he sounded like a :tinfoil: type but still had some reasoning skills.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Its got to be strange waking up with a campfire hangover contemplating prison or death. lol

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Raku posted:

I hope they have another couple of days left in 'em. Here's what I do if I'm the feds.

Morning 1: A tank has appeared several hundred yards away from the fire. It doesn't move all day, impossible to tell if it's even manned.

Morning 2: The tank has closed just enough distance for it to be noticably closer

Morning 3: Even closer still

Morning 4: Two tanks

Uncle Otto's Tank.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

slidebite posted:

The best/ironic part of John Spartan was that in his later calls after the trollbeast host kept parroting she had it on good authority from her SECRET SOURCE that the FBI shot the guy 32 times while he had his hands up saying "I'm unarmed and I surrender" or some bullshit like that he kept pressing her how she knew that was true and she refused to answer. I think her reply was "you'll have to research and find out otherwise" :smug: or something like that.

Shockingly he was the shining beacon of critical thinking in the shitfest even while completely hammered and probably on his 2nd bottle of Jack.

I would love to have that guy to come here and post a thread (even though he's probably 55+ and can't use a touchtone phone) because he sounded like a :tinfoil: type but still had some reasoning skills.

he jumped in and the first 5 minutes of the chat were "loool this guy is a drunk hick"

then he started making perfect sense and we all kinda went :stare:

e- I like to think he's an alcoholic liberal arts professor that spends his evenings roaming the internet and trolling right wingers, like some bespectacled superhero

Seizure Meat has issued a correction as of 16:17 on Jan 28, 2016

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
So, is there anything going on today? How many are left?

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Google news said 5

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Mad Monk posted:

So, is there anything going on today? How many are left?

It's almost like the martyrs they think they are is not gonna happen.

Post-stoned and hangover militia want to fight I bet

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Shamlessly stealing this link from the DnD thread. Worth a view if you want to see a pathetic domestic terrorist scream in a confused tone "WHY AM I UNDER ARREST!!??"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8KeeIW5eMM

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

VikingSkull posted:

he jumped in and the first 5 minutes of the chat were "loool this guy is a drunk hick"

then he started making perfect sense and we all kinda went :stare:

e- I like to think he's an alcoholic liberal arts professor that spends his evenings roaming the internet and trolling right wingers, like some bespectacled superhero

he's probably the opposite of most people. When he's sober he's completely rambling and mad like the occupiers but when he's drunk he's reasonable and sensible and basically a normal human being. Alcohol treats his schizophrenia and no one knows why.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Robo Reagan posted:

You take three tanks, and you paint a 1, 2, and 4 on them

What's great is that the government did something very much like this with real tanks in WW2. not a joke

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

InterFaced posted:

Shamlessly stealing this link from the DnD thread. Worth a view if you want to see a pathetic domestic terrorist scream in a confused tone "WHY AM I UNDER ARREST!!??"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8KeeIW5eMM

I want to buy that cameraman a beer. Regardless of his political beliefs, that is exactly how a journalist should behave in a tense environment regarding law enforcement.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The camera man is even more pathetic.

I'm glad they've realized there isn't some giant army of "patriots" coming to save them. Maybe they'll realize that nobody likes them.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Alright guys I've avoided this shitshow till it came down to the end. Where we at right now?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

fyodor posted:

Alright guys I've avoided this shitshow till it came down to the end. Where we at right now?

5 idiots left in

https://youtu.be/S7KRZQXdDac

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm glad they've realized there isn't some giant army of "patriots" coming to save them. Maybe they'll realize that nobody likes them.

Any 'giant army' that might come to help will also be full of the same kind of opportunistic cowards. Aside from maybe 5% that are true believer death wishers like Tarp Ghost, obviously.

Like I really adore that these idiots are filming and live streaming it to the internet so we can watch them turn from heroes in their own minds to sheepishly giving up because they're out of snacks. Technology is their own worst enemy.

I genuinely can't wait to see how they spin going from 'you'll never take me alive' to 'can I please go home? :qq: in the coming weeks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fyodor posted:

8 people arrested a couple of nights ago. Police have blockaded roads going in and out of the refuge. Have given the people in there the opportunity to leave peacefully. All but 5 now have. Three more were arrested when they left last night. Remaining 5 say they're staying and want to die for the cause.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
god I hope Hogs Fatman is one of the ones left behind

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Thanks guys this is fun now!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

The X-man cometh posted:

That's ok to them because only III% took up arms in the American Revolution and succeeded. Nevermind all those other failed rebellions

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

red19fire posted:

Any 'giant army' that might come to help will also be full of the same kind of opportunistic cowards. Aside from maybe 5% that are true believer death wishers like Tarp Ghost, obviously.

Like I really adore that these idiots are filming and live streaming it to the internet so we can watch them turn from heroes in their own minds to sheepishly giving up because they're out of snacks. Technology is their own worst enemy.

I genuinely can't wait to see how they spin going from 'you'll never take me alive' to 'can I please go home? :qq: in the coming weeks.

They're already flip flopping :qq: drop the chargers and we will leave :qq:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ha ha

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/28/464673761/fbi-is-negotiating-with-militants-still-inside-oregon-wildlife-refuge

quote:

The arrest of Bundy and the killing of LaVoy Finicum during Tuesday's arrest operation set off "chaos" inside the refuge, according to a video that was released by militants early Thursday. Like other videos, it features Fry, who set up the group's website.

"It was absolute chaos," Fry says in the video. "People were just grabbing their things ... and just fleeing, driving in their cars and zooming out. A lot of people left even their guns, lots of guns and stuff behind. I mean, that's how crazy it is."

After saying that women and children were among those who left, Fry goes on to say that despite receiving word that law enforcement agencies are willing to let people go without being charged, questions remain.

"Obviously, a lot of people are scared of being labeled terrorists — or domestic terrorists," Fry says. "So a lot of people chose to stay and just kind of see what happens."

Speaking over a video that shows a campfire in the driveway of the refuge, Fry then says, "Right now, the situation is that, out of five people left here, four of us are allowed to leave, and one of them has to — he's charged with a felony, he has a felony warrant."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
lol we're afraid of being labeled domestic terrorists for our acts of domestic terror

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I had my doubts about anything meaningful happening to these guys because of the Bundy ranch thing two years ago. I'm pleasantly surprised. They look like idiots and the only person who died so far basically committed suicide. Now someone get down to Nevada and shake our tax dollars out of that racist grampa Bundy already. gently caress that guy too.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol we're afraid of being labeled domestic terrorists for our acts of domestic terror

"We didn't mean any harm! We just wanted to actively harm birdwatchers, government development, and water management, as well as terrorize and abuse the nearby town! We didn't know you could be white and a terrorist!"

After how much bullshit they've pulled, it's so cathartic to see these fucks get treated fairly under the law. I'd given up hope that karma would ever visit the Bundy ranch.

Neurolimal has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Jan 28, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

like holy poo poo these guys actually thought if they got a bunch of guns and took over a treehouse in the woods the federal government would admit they were wrong and disband and that nothing bad would happen to them

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well so far they haven't done big charges against the people they arrested, just a Title 18.

The Title 18 law does carry a 6 year prison sentence in addition to being a felony type crime.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

The Dark Project posted:

Edit: That image was posted to AR15.com. I went there expecting them all to be all "Yeeehaw, show those government fascists what freedom from tyranny looks like!" Instead, most of the posters there are just laughing at the occupiers, calling them Ewoks, and not giving a poo poo if they get shot in the face or not. Oh and a few sadbrains who are all like "stoppit guys this is serious! this is are freedoms!", which just encourages the others to laugh even harder.
This is the greatest.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Shockingly Ammo Land (a website that exists!?!) is trying to paint tarp as a marytr.

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/01/hands-up-just-shoot/

I hope they release video so we can all see a manchild try to call the feds bluff. Comments are great. Its literally another Waco, the Fed did it again just the same. Its big gubment. Also hilariously its the poorly trained and jumpy Feds fault, not the zero training prefectly calm protesters fault.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/296892228/Criminal-complaint-against-Ammon-Bundy-and-other-armed-protesters

Here's the 32 page complaint.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The Obama administration once again being remarkably restrained and fair to right-wingers who will then proceed to cry that this is the biggest injustice to ever injust.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

Shockingly Ammo Land (a website that exists!?!) is trying to paint tarp as a marytr.

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/01/hands-up-just-shoot/

I hope they release video so we can all see a manchild try to call the feds bluff. Comments are great. Its literally another Waco, the Fed did it again just the same. Its big gubment. Also hilariously its the poorly trained and jumpy Feds fault, not the zero training prefectly calm protesters fault.

https://themarshallreport.wordpress...-on-the-ground/

Can't wait until the video is released

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ikanreed posted:

The Obama administration once again being remarkably restrained and fair to right-wingers who will then proceed to cry that this is the biggest injustice to ever injust.

yeah you would think they would realize being treated with baby gloves over an act of domestic terror might make them consider just maybe they are not actually in an anti-freedom new world order

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I hope they're extra mad that the FBI special agent and the magistrate judge are both women.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

only one dead thats kinda boring

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I still want to know why they think the feds shot Finicum hundreds of times when he surrendered and then just peacefully arrested everyone else

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I still want to know why they think the feds shot Finicum hundreds of times when he surrendered and then just peacefully arrested everyone else

literally all I know about the guy is that he wore a blue tarp and got shot for trying to attack the FBI

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It's actually hysterical to imagine hundreds of rounds being pumped into that guy like he's James Caan in the Godfather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Raku posted:

I hope they have another couple of days left in 'em. Here's what I do if I'm the feds.

Morning 1: A tank has appeared several hundred yards away from the fire. It doesn't move all day, impossible to tell if it's even manned.

Morning 2: The tank has closed just enough distance for it to be noticably closer

Morning 3: Even closer still

Morning 4: Two tanks

If they buzzed them occasionally with a Blackhawk, and visibly orbited a drone over head several hours per day, they would probably drive them clinically insane with anxiety and sleep deprivation.