Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Tiggum posted:

What is with all these people recommending flat caps? Those are the quintessential old man hat.

Goddammit, Tiggum, stop making me agree with you.

quote:

Reading a lot into some unremarkable photos there.
Poop dood put into words the vibe I've gotten from bigglesSWE's posts and pics.

Not to mention that he's posting from his gramma's house.

Since this will piss off Tiggum:

Biggles looks like his clothes smell like a combination of sour clothes left in the washer overnight before being dried, clove cigarettes, spilled vape juice, totino's pizza rolls and ranch, and stale tooth plaque.

He looks like he has tried getting into a restaurant under the name Declan MacManus by showing them a copy of My Aim Is True and saying he'd been sick recently.

When he farts, he ducks his head under his long coat and inhales deeply.

He looks like the kind of guy who has his own personal theory of the secret political system in the show Lazytown, knows the name of all of the VAs in both My Little Pony and the actors in Doctor Who, and rants about the Big Bang Theory being a nerd minstrel show, yet secretly watches every episode.

He looks like he knows every step to 'properly' prepare absinthe for drinking, and brings a bottle and all the implements in a wood box to every party he goes to.

(Not saying he does any of those things, but he looks like the kind of guy who would)

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 09:11 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

cyberia posted:

Tbh, the hat doesn't look terrible but it also doesn't look good. The unevenly rolled-up but still baggy jeans gently caress up the outfit way, way more than the hat.

Right, it's the kind of hat you can like, get away with wearing when it's like snowing and you're outdoors or stuff like that, but for god's sake, keep it strictly utilitarian. The pants however will NEVER go with that sort of look. There's nothing wrong with jeans, but they sure aren't the look that coat gloves and scarf combo are trying for.

Also agreed to keep the beard and shave the neck.

And that's my fashion minute for the month used up.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Well it's nice to know that I behave nothing like my looks would suggest.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

kizudarake posted:

Goddammit, Tiggum, stop making me agree with you.

Poop dood put into words the vibe I've gotten from bigglesSWE's posts and pics.

Not to mention that he's posting from his gramma's house.

Since this will piss off Tiggum:

Biggles looks like his clothes smell like a combination of sour clothes left in the washer overnight before being dried, clove cigarettes, spilled vape juice, totino's pizza rolls and ranch, and stale tooth plaque.

He looks like he has tried getting into a restaurant under the name Declan MacManus by showing them a copy of My Aim Is True and saying he'd been sick recently.

When he farts, he ducks his head under his long coat and inhales deeply.

He looks like the kind of guy who has his own personal theory of the secret political system in the show Lazytown, knows the name of all of the VAs in both My Little Pony and the actors in Doctor Who, and rants about the Big Bang Theory being a nerd minstrel show, yet secretly watches every episode.

He looks like he knows every step to 'properly' prepare absinthe for drinking, and brings a bottle and all the implements in a wood box to every party he goes to.

(Not saying he does any of those things, but he looks like the kind of guy who would)

That's a sick roast bro :hf: laffo

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BigglesSWE posted:

Here's the deciding vote! With or without hat! Call in now!

As someone who started going bald at 18, I know it's hard to accept but trust me, shaving your hair off and just owning the fact you're balding is a great thing... Growing it out more isn't the answer.

Turf the hat away, go buy a beanie/toque/whatever the gently caress you wanna call it and along with the haircut you'll look a lot better.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Shut the gently caress up about hats. You all look like poo poo.

Something stupid I heard recently

"I don't take any of those chemical antibiotics. Just natural ones like honey and milk "

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
hey just wanted to swing by and say the hat looks stupid but good try

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Biggles that bathroom tile is kinda neat. so you got that going

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

88h88 posted:

As someone who started going bald at 18, I know it's hard to accept but trust me, shaving your hair off and just owning the fact you're balding is a great thing... Growing it out more isn't the answer.

Turf the hat away, go buy a beanie/toque/whatever the gently caress you wanna call it and along with the haircut you'll look a lot better.

I concur. First time is the hardest.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

88h88 posted:

Yep, I went all scorched earth on my head as a pre-emptive strike against nature in my mid 20s. I've been cue-ball bald for almost 20 years.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Surprising no one, you look better without the hat. And yeah get jeans in the right inseam. And jeans and overcoat and scarf clash with each other

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dr_Amazing posted:

I concur. First time is the hardest.

Agreed. First time I was like "oh god this is awful" but now I can't see my hair any other way.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've got thick, Sterling Archer-esque hair and no family history of baldness. Goodbye!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Biggles pls post a pic of your cat wearing your hat tia

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He actually looks fine, hth.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

88h88 posted:

When does one determine that it's time? :ohdear:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Iron Crowned posted:

Are you growing or styling your hair a particular way to make it look like you're not balding? It isn't working, no one's fooled. It's time.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
On the plus side, having a shaved head feels great. I tried shaving my head for kicks when I was teaching English to monks as a volunteer while studying abroad in India, and it felt wonderful to just run my fingers across my fuzzy scalp. It's basically a go-to hand massager on your head!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

On the plus side, having a shaved head feels great. I tried shaving my head for kicks when I was teaching English to monks as a volunteer while studying abroad in India, and it felt wonderful to just run my fingers across my fuzzy scalp. It's basically a go-to hand massager on your head!

But that's what neglecting to shave is for!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Jastiger posted:

Thank you for that sir. Kind words are always appreciated.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Slime posted:

But that's what neglecting to shave is for!

I know you're being flippant, but neckbeards really do feel gross. It has that prickly new beard hair feel without the benefits of growing a proper beard. The shaved head feeling is definitely superior.
:goonsay:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Well the entire last three pages belong right in this thread.

Congratulations hatman on giving a flying gently caress about what people on the internet care about. Pro tip, no one in real life gives one poo poo about a person wearing hats or not.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Iron Crowned posted:

Tiggum posted:

Are you growing or styling your hair a particular way to make it look like you're not balding? It isn't working, no one's fooled. It's time.

If you're brushing your hair forward of the point it exits on your scalp then that's the time. Own it, shave that wispy mess off.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Nutsngum posted:

Well the entire last three pages belong right in this thread.

Congratulations hatman on giving a flying gently caress about what people on the internet care about. Pro tip, no one in real life gives one poo poo about a person wearing hats or not.

It was all part of the plan...

No, I'm serious guys. I played you all! For real!

:smuggo:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Working as a cook, I hear plenty. One day we were running Graduation numbers, which is about 1200 people between noon and 8 pm. One of the menu items was asiago ravioli in a gorgonzola sauce.

Waiter: Can you do the ravioli without cheese?
Exec. Chef: What? No. It's in it and on it. It's cheese no matter what you want.
Waiter: okay.
*Front of House Manager comes back while we're getting pounded*
FoH: Hey, <waiter> wants to know if you can do the ravioli without cheese.
Chef: No, it's in it and on it, there's no way.
*Ticket comes in for ravioli without cheese. Chef call the FoH manager over.*
Chef: Send him home right now.

Kid missed out on the occasion where our servers could get close to $1000 in one night.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"I don't like that my taxpayermoney goes to this specific thing so therefor I don't wanna pay taxes at all!"

I hear, or read this in several variations almost daily.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Post your fedora, Jastiger.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dragonwagon posted:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't wear a fedora. I'm just saying he doesn't look terrible. Its his style so what. He obviously takes time to put together the ensemble rather than putting on a tshirt and sweatpants and throwing on a hat.

Not MY style, but I've seen that kind of getup go horribly wrong and he doesn't do it terribly.

So he looks fine. Stop hatin'.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Plan Z posted:

Working as a cook, I hear plenty. One day we were running Graduation numbers, which is about 1200 people between noon and 8 pm. One of the menu items was asiago ravioli in a gorgonzola sauce.

Waiter: Can you do the ravioli without cheese?
Exec. Chef: What? No. It's in it and on it. It's cheese no matter what you want.
Waiter: okay.
*Front of House Manager comes back while we're getting pounded*
FoH: Hey, <waiter> wants to know if you can do the ravioli without cheese.
Chef: No, it's in it and on it, there's no way.
*Ticket comes in for ravioli without cheese. Chef call the FoH manager over.*
Chef: Send him home right now.

Kid missed out on the occasion where our servers could get close to $1000 in one night.

Food service is prime for stupid poo poo. I know a guy who worked a kitchen and got a request for "Steak with absolutely no grill marks."

We sat next to a guy at a local breakfast/brunch place who made a stink about his packed poached eggs' yolks not being pale enough. God dammit rich golden yolks are the best what the gently caress is wrong with you old man?

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Jan 28, 2016

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Dragonwagon posted:

Maybe sometime in the future.

Take this for now:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Dragonwagon posted:

Quick 'n' dirty.

Fedora suits cat.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

Food service is prime for stupid poo poo. I know a guy who worked a kitchen and got a request for "Steak with absolutely no grill marks."

We sat next to a guy at a local breakfast/brunch place who made a stink about his packed eggs' yolks not pale enough. God dammit rich golden yolks are the best what the gently caress is wrong with you old man?

-Bar manager yelling at us and passive-aggressively throwing and order around because he insists there shouldn't be any pink in a med-well while the food temperatures poster is hanging right next to him.

-"Tacos for lunch?!" *makes disgusted face with tongue sticking out* "That's dinner food!"

-"I need refills for the alumni conference breakfast"
"That event ended two hours ago, it's 1pm"
Turns out they didn't get the alumni to leave, and people who went to the lunch service said they wanted breakfast food. College alumni caterings are genuinely the worst.

-"I applied for this kitchen job because I wanted something easier than my desk job"

-Working in a bakery and having the hicks complaining we don't sell brand-name white bread.

-Everybody gets mad about the gluten thing, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the carb fad.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
Why are your gloves on inside, who did you just strangle?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

I get we joke around but for the record:

This is 100% inaccurate.
This is the best post in this whole thing.

Thank you for clarifying, I now believe those things much less than I did before you pulled the whole M'lady Doth Protest Too Much bit.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jastiger posted:

I don't wear a fedora. I'm just saying he doesn't look terrible. Its his style so what. He obviously takes time to put together the ensemble rather than putting on a tshirt and sweatpants and throwing on a hat.

Not MY style, but I've seen that kind of getup go horribly wrong and he doesn't do it terribly.

So he looks fine. Stop hatin'.

fedora bad. so what?
__________/

Rondette posted:

Quick 'n' dirty.

Fedora suits cat.

No offense, but the cat looks better in a fedora than he does :lol:. The fur at least matches color.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Jan 28, 2016

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Whoops, I meant "poached eggs," not packed eggs!

Plan Z posted:

-"Tacos for lunch?!" *makes disgusted face with tongue sticking out* "That's dinner food!"

Lmao please tell me this was an adult.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
So there's breakfast food, but also lunch and dinner food?

What is lunch food, those little cucumber sandwiches?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Some lady at the Apple Store on her phone: "I'm at the iStore...Mac Central"

At Jimmy Johns, subs 1-6 get the bread insides scooped out. Customer started yelling "I can't eat that sandwich! My religion doesn't allow me to eat sandwiches with the bread taken out!" This was end of day so his original sub got thrown out, so if his religion as anti-waste he failed miserably at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

BooLoo posted:

Why are your gloves on inside, who did you just strangle?

Reminds me of back in college when I dramatically changed my look overnight because I could. I went from longish curlyish brown hair and full beard to stubble and short spikey blonde hair. I was hanging out with some friends and then after like ten minutes with one the penny dropped and he realized it was me. The first reaction from him? "Oh man, you could have just KILLED somebody and gotten away with it!"

• Locked thread