Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Took that Rosalina. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

please step on me rosalina

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They put out some Animal Crossing emotes as well, and there are static stickers for Splatoon and (maybe) Zelda.

(I ripped the JP versions because I assumed there wouldn't be an EN set but there totally is: https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/5194/en)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nate RFB posted:

For some reason this cracked me the most. Koopa's all :stare:

Help Im Alive posted:

please step on me rosalina

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja you made them too big! Don't worry, I fixed it :v:. And tweaked a few to loop.

These are loving awesome.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They put out some Animal Crossing emotes as well, and there are static stickers for Splatoon and (maybe) Zelda.

(I ripped the JP versions because I assumed there wouldn't be an EN set but there totally is: https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/5194/en)

Ugh, fine, I'll do these too I suppose :rolleyes:. I'm only doing the text-free ones in case someone can grab the english versions though.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
LINE has the best loving stickers. See also their Street Fighter II collection.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Atlas Hugged posted:

Isn't FFTA the bad one?

Neither of them are bad. The sequel is better, but the first one is still well worth your time.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

FFTA2 is the bad one

Some hosed up opinions around here! :stare:

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Did they really push star fox back to April? Those motherfuckers...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe. March, April, what's the difference. Maybe they are being respectful of the lord Jesus Christ resurrection in late March and letting that rock be moved from the cave first.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

If Nintendo let the rock move from the cave Nintendo fans would complain it's not the same as when the rock was in front of the cave, and all the third party Jesuses would go to other consoles with better hardware...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Med School posted:

If Nintendo let the rock move from the cave Nintendo fans would complain it's not the same as when the rock was in front of the cave, and all the third party Jesuses would go to other consoles with better hardware...

To be fair that is basically how half the various religious schisms started.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well you have Man of Bronze, you have The Jerusalem Kid, you have the Cyborg Jesus, and you have The Last Son of God. Which one is the real Jesus?

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

greatn posted:

Well you have Man of Bronze, you have The Jerusalem Kid, you have the Cyborg Jesus, and you have The Last Son of God. Which one is the real Jesus?

Just have to wait out these Jesus console wars to see who comes out on top. And then there's PC Jesus, but that's a whole different thing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

FFTA2 is the bad one

FFTA is the one where you ruin everyone's lives for literally no reason.

tons of people hated FFTA 1+2 because it wasn't the medieval dickjerk that FFT was plus gave you "laws" for every battle. I really liked all the mechanics, though. Love doing missions and non-story quests for cool items, Laws didn't bother me too much and felt like more of a strategy changer. IMO all the Squeenix Tactics games are great and it's a real huge shame they never thought to keep doing more on VIta or 3DS. I'd rather have another Tactics game instead of Bravely Set All Encounters To 0 And Grind Bosses Forever, Part Deux.

Sidenote: Emily Rogers, who has been reporting on several NX games rumored in production like a new Paper Mario, also has insinuated Namco-Bandai is doing a Smash Bros related thing for NX launch among other things. No word on if it is a new thing though I'd guess it might be some GOTY version, who knows.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 28, 2016

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Laws were important, because without them, you'd be able to blaze through the game just rerunning your optimal strategy and keeping the same 5-8 character party throughout the game unless otherwise forced for bullshit story reasons a la Tactics Ogre

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She said the Paper Mario was for WiiU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Sidenote: Emily Rogers, who has been reporting on several NX games rumored in production like a new Paper Mario, also has insinuated Namco-Bandai is doing a Smash Bros related thing for NX launch among other things. No word on if it is a new thing though I'd guess it might be some GOTY version, who knows.

That was actually Serkan Toto, Emily Rogers was just retweeting him

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/692755598497046528

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/692758073123823617

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

A direct port seems too little for SSB NX, but a new entry from scratch seems too much to have ready for launch. I'm guessing it'll still be Smash 4, but with a bunch of additional content. Especially likely if Sakurai's moving on, since that kind of update is probably the type of work they can do most confidently without his direct oversight.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

MinibarMatchman posted:

tons of people hated FFTA 1+2 because it wasn't the medieval dickjerk that FFT was plus gave you "laws" for every battle. I really liked all the mechanics, though. Love doing missions and non-story quests for cool items, Laws didn't bother me too much and felt like more of a strategy changer. IMO all the Squeenix Tactics games are great and it's a real huge shame they never thought to keep doing more on VIta or 3DS. I'd rather have another Tactics game instead of Bravely Set All Encounters To 0 And Grind Bosses Forever, Part Deux.

Yep, and FFTA2 gives you the fun job mechanics without the bullshit Law system, so I don't know what planet you're on where it's the bad one. It did nerf thieves really hard and the non-Viera magic-using classes, though, which is a big bummer. Worth it for a protagonist who's not The Actual Villain, in my opinion.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo's been going hard on Japan's LINE social app lately - here are all the SMB emotes they put up recently:

these are amazing but what kind of monster makes non-looping gifs

Neddy Seagoon posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja you made them too big! Don't worry, I fixed it :v:. And tweaked a few to loop.

you're amazing

Not a Children posted:

Laws were important, because without them, you'd be able to blaze through the game just rerunning your optimal strategy and keeping the same 5-8 character party throughout the game unless otherwise forced for bullshit story reasons a la Tactics Ogre

i really like the law system but dmg2: monster was some bullshit

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I figure it'll be a "complete" version with all the DLC characters plus all the stages etc. from the 3DS version

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

Yep, and FFTA2 gives you the fun job mechanics without the bullshit Law system, so I don't know what planet you're on where it's the bad one. It did nerf thieves really hard and the non-Viera magic-using classes, though, which is a big bummer. Worth it for a protagonist who's not The Actual Villain, in my opinion.

Yeah it kind of sucked that white mage and others had some spells removed but it's a great game. I'd love to get that too on VC but I'm not counting on it.

greatn posted:

She said the Paper Mario was for WiiU

Whoops, my mistake.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I could definitely see them consolidating all the stages/DLC from both current versions, but I think there would need to be be some new content as well to really sell people on it.

Like, is it even possible to have a trailer for Smash Bros without a character reveal in it? Science just doesn't know.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Give Smash Run a home console version

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Supercar Gautier posted:

A direct port seems too little for SSB NX, but a new entry from scratch seems too much to have ready for launch. I'm guessing it'll still be Smash 4, but with a bunch of additional content. Especially likely if Sakurai's moving on, since that kind of update is probably the type of work they can do most confidently without his direct oversight.

It also wouldn't exactly be unprecedented either, HAL banged out SSBM in a rather short period of time to hit the Gamecube's launch window.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I would buy a full-priced expansion of Smash 4 that was just a fully fleshed-out version of Smash Run. Just give me 5ish maps and an acheivement grid and I'll be happy

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Is it just me or does Rosalina look really smug. Like Luigi finally got the courage to ask her out and she be all "pfft peasant".

I finished Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Jesus Christ the last boss was a pain in the rear end. I never learned the timing for the few Bros. attacks that I did have and I only had three for Mario and four for Luigi so the whole fight took something like 45 minutes. I checked a youtube channel and there's apparently tricks that make "Advance" versions of those moves which I didn't even know existed taking out that same last boss in 10.

I don't know if I should feel terrible for having taken nearly an hour to beat this thing or accomplished that without knowing the deeper mechanics of the game was able to brute force my way through.

I'm okay with Star Fox being pushed back some. I have such a backlog I don't mind paring that down a bit before tackling Star Fox at launch. It feels like the type of game you enjoy as soon as it comes out before the twists and gameplay mechanics are spoiled too much by people being overly critical.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
combining the 3ds and wii u content, and having an adventure or new type of classic mode would do it for me

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Just give me smash WiiU with a silly nintendo allstar fanfic story mode.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
A release could just be a snowy mountain and the sound of a person struggling to climb it. Camera pans from the side of the mountain to one of Smash4's stages then it pans around

ICE CLIMBERS CLIMBING BACK INTO BATTLE

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Maybe the NX will be powerful enough to handle 8P Ice Climbers.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Houle posted:

I finished Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Jesus Christ the last boss was a pain in the rear end. I never learned the timing for the few Bros. attacks that I did have and I only had three for Mario and four for Luigi so the whole fight took something like 45 minutes. I checked a youtube channel and there's apparently tricks that make "Advance" versions of those moves which I didn't even know existed taking out that same last boss in 10.

I don't know if I should feel terrible for having taken nearly an hour to beat this thing or accomplished that without knowing the deeper mechanics of the game was able to brute force my way through.

Cackletta's spirit can very well gently caress up anyone's day, so I'd say take pride in just beating her.

Advanced moves are a mechanic that never showed up again after SSS that just mix up Bros. Attacks and how they work after you use the base versions enough. Anyway, if you're interested in playing more M&L, do yourself a favor and ignore Partners in Time, which is on the eShop for DS VC. Partners in Time is bad and generic, so either wait for Bowser's Inside Story to hit the eShop or hunt down a DS copy of it if you want to play more of the series. BIS is one of the best games in the M&L series for good reason.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Smug Isabelle is the best poo poo ever

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

FPzero posted:

The NX will allow for 16 man Smash with 32 Ice Climbers at once. Unfortunately, the only stages that will support this are 75m and Pac Land.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i'm quitting imessage and using line exclusively

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

FPzero posted:

Just as the Wii was two Gamecubes duct taped together, and the Wii U was two Wii duct taped together, the NX will be two Wii Us duct taped together, enabling 16 player Ice Climbers

I got beaten to the joke :(

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

The NX will allow for 16 man Smash with 32 Ice Climbers at once. Unfortunately, the only stages that will support this are 75m and Pac Land.

What's the downside

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

majormonotone posted:

What's the downside

Ice Climbers come back, making chaingrabbing the bane of everyone's existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think it's very safe to assume it's a "complete" edition, but hoping for expanded or new modes makes sense.

That said, if it's announced with a short cinematic of Popo and Nana climbing a mountain and then panning out to another seven pairs of them with something like "NX Handles the Cold!" then that'd be the hypest thing.

• Locked thread