Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I did technically go round the chip shop in my pyjamas one time, and i wore my greatcoat on top of them for extra sex offender points.

E: this is my history fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
velour trackies do kinda look like pyjamas so I can see why ignorant people might think they're lazy and in what they wore to bed

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Random Integer posted:

It absolutely isn't but in my experience its much more common in IT circles than in society at large. Most people I've encountered who work in IT haven't been particularly political any which way but those who have, have tended to skew heavily towards the Libertarian. Just my experience but I don't seem to be alone in that.

It's definitely a profession that attracts them, but they rarely go anywhere because they don't realize that good people skills are needed to get yourself promoted, not just technical prowess. All the money is in management and no one is going to put them in that position if they're impossible to work with. Being good at code really isn't a big deal. It's not hard.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

crispix posted:

You do realise that people in many working class areas change into their good jammies to go to the shops and that? Your contempt for my people and our ways concerns me.

I'm working class. I know how to get dressed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JFairfax posted:

velour trackies do kinda look like pyjamas so I can see why ignorant people might think they're lazy and in what they wore to bed

I have also techncially gone out in what I wore to bed because sometimes I sleep in my clothes.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

I'm working class. I know how to get dressed.

let's see your fit then

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

OwlFancier posted:

I have also techncially gone out in what I wore to bed because sometimes I sleep in my clothes.

this is very bad for your skin.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

when you say sleep in your clothes do you mean 'pass out in drunken stupor' ?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

this is very bad for your skin.

I get round it by not wearing any clothes the rest of the time if I can help it.

JFairfax posted:

when you say sleep in your clothes do you mean 'pass out in drunken stupor' ?

I wish I could say yes.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I've been to the shops in my jammies, what kind of upper-middle-class twat hasn't?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Mister Adequate posted:

I've been to the shops in my jammies, what kind of upper-middle-class twat hasn't?

Scruffy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

It would be in this case.

Among cunts.

Edit: which, to be fair, is a demographic that Corbyn suffers with.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

Those of us who sleep naked?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

what is your typical dress sense mr flaps?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mister Adequate posted:

I don't own any and what I wear in bed most of the time would get me arrested if I went down the shops like that.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I once went to Aldi in my pajamas and bought beer with my JSA. If they sold it, I would have bought some tobacco too.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

JFairfax posted:

what is your typical dress sense mr flaps?

Not pyjamas.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

Not pyjamas.

this is typical, just like your stance on the labour party leader; you tell us what you won't stand for, but not what you do stand for

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

JFairfax posted:

this is typical, just like your stance on the labour party leader; you tell us what you won't stand for, but not what you do stand for

Any clothing would be preferable to nightwear.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I took my bins out in my pyjamas once and I felt embarrassed but I didn't have time to get changed the bin men were on their way.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Flaps must be a real downer at parties.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

ookiimarukochan posted:

Those of us who sleep naked?

I sleep relatively naked but wear pyjamas in the time between wearing official going outside clothes and not being in bed. They're basically pink fluffy loungewear.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I hope pissflaps has a onesie with his Av's head as the hood

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dead Goon posted:

I once went to Aldi in my pajamas and bought beer with my JSA. If they sold it, I would have bought some tobacco too.

I feel this a sensible approach to coping with being on JSA.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

The insufferably posh rahs of St Andrews could be seen frequenting the Tesco's in town in their pyjamas and dressing gowns buying wine and crisps. The working class denizens near me can be seen in the Tesco extra in their pyjamas buying frozen dinners. Guess who gets tutted at and who gets called eccentric?

e: also the correct term is 'jim jams' where do you people get off?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

J_RBG posted:

The insufferably posh rahs of St Andrews could be seen frequenting the Tesco's in town in their pyjamas and dressing gowns buying wine and crisps. The working class denizens near me can be seen in the Tesco extra in their pyjamas buying frozen dinners. Guess who gets tutted at and who gets called eccentric?

you shouldn't tut at people it's rude

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

J_RBG posted:

I don't know how to put "Jar-mahhs" to print.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
My uncle got married in his pyjamas.

Technically it was more like a djellaba type thing, but if you're the sort of person who writes angry articles in the Telegraph about what other parents are wearing on their school run then it probably counts as pyjamas.

Also I just found out that these are a thing, so now everybody can be happy, or outraged, or whatever.
http://legendarysuitjamas.com/

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

JFairfax posted:

you shouldn't tut at people it's rude

I don't do it, I don't care about people wearing pyjamas in public. Etiquette is frightfully bourgeois.

I hope that everyone in this thread only deigns to 'tut up' as it were

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
If you don't wear a suit and a tie to buy milk you are worse than scum.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

So this arrived today, adding to what now appears to be the other half's collection of 'nice Labour leaders who poll poorly' mugs:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Google almost paid more buying chicken for its staff in their canteens then it did in tax in Britain. This country is orbiting the loving toilet while osbournes pasty white rear end hangs over it waiting to dump his next turgid load of bullshit onto what is rapidly becoming a sinking ship. Honestly considering moving back to New Zealand if the tories win the next election because I'd rather be proud of the country I live in then be ashamed of it.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Drone_Fragger posted:

Honestly considering moving back to New Zealand if the tories win the next election because I'd rather be proud of the country I live in then be ashamed of it.
Counterpoint: John Key.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Technically it was more like a djellaba type thing, but if you're the sort of person who writes angry articles in the Telegraph about what other parents are wearing on their school run then it probably counts as pyjamas.

Pyjamas are (originally) a loose, lightweight trouser with a drawstring - worn by both men and women in India, predominantly among Muslims* - adopted here as lounging wear in the 18th cent. and only becoming nightwear in the late 19th cent. A djellaba type garment would be closer to a nightshirt.

*I'm sure there is no racism at all along with the classism in these current condemnations, no sir.

Guavanaut posted:

Also I just found out that these are a thing, so now everybody can be happy, or outraged, or whatever.
Hanging is too good for them.

e:spelling..

Unrelated: I hope you have all signed this timely petition: https://www.change.org/p/support-lemmy-tribute-name-newly-discovered-heavy-metal-lemmium

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 28, 2016

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

I think that's a fake website tie-in for How I Met Your Mother. Check out the 'about us' - http://legendarysuitjamas.com/pages/about-us

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Drone_Fragger posted:

Google almost paid more buying chicken for its staff in their canteens then it did in tax in Britain. This country is orbiting the loving toilet while osbournes pasty white rear end hangs over it waiting to dump his next turgid load of bullshit onto what is rapidly becoming a sinking ship. Honestly considering moving back to New Zealand if the tories win the next election because I'd rather be proud of the country I live in then be ashamed of it.

You won't though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

I think that's a fake website tie-in for How I Met Your Mother. Check out the 'about us' - http://legendarysuitjamas.com/pages/about-us
Aw, I was looking forward to outrageously bad clothing. I never watched HIMYM.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Patrick McLoughlin: Secretary of State for Transport. Here he is turning up to meet people affected by the floods.

Unfortunately the people taking the photo are the people affected by the floods, who as you can see are on the other side of the collapsed bridge.

Jess Phillips: She will knife Corbyn in the front, not the back. Occasionally pitched as a potential Leader to replace Corbyn (Even the Sun had a go at this), but it's never going to happen.

Angus Robertson: Says good things. May be a man created by the collective wishes of UKMT but sadly for the wrong party.

Yasmin Alibhai-brown: Ugandan Immigrant!??! Lefitie Muslim Feminist !?!?!?! If Angus Robertson was UKMT's wet dream, this lady is Reddit's feverish nightmare.

Moray MacLennan: I have no idea, but considering he is a chief executive of an advertising Agency, I think he's filling in the role of "Utter bastard" that Question Time must have when they can't get anyone from UKIP.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Saatchi was the advertising company that did lots of adverts for the Tories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Fans posted:

Patrick McLoughlin: Secretary of State for Transport. Here he is turning up to meet people affected by the floods.

Unfortunately the people taking the photo are the people affected by the floods, who as you can see are on the other side of the collapsed bridge.

Jess Phillips: She will knife Corbyn in the front, not the back. Occasionally pitched as a potential Leader to replace Corbyn (Even the Sun had a go at this), but it's never going to happen.

Angus Robertson: Says good things. May be a man created by the collective wishes of UKMT but sadly for the wrong party.

Yasmin Alibhai-brown: Ugandan Immigrant!??! Lefitie Muslim Feminist !?!?!?! If Angus Robertson was UKMT's wet dream, this lady is Reddit's feverish nightmare.

Moray MacLennan: I have no idea, but considering he is a chief executive of an advertising Agency, I think he's filling in the role of "Utter bastard" that Question Time must have when they can't get anyone from UKIP.

You just know that the BBC will consider that this panel fulfils their 'balance' criteria after last week's shower of poo poo.

• Locked thread