Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Even if these assholes scurried off and disappeared there is still tens of thousands of dollars in damage/cleanup left behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I preferred the NoThiefsAllowed stream because one of the mods kept banning people for using bad language which lead to this hilarious exchange.

ftfy

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

***ButtplugHaram has entered the chat

Vax- Buttplug please change your name or be banned

***ButtplugHarahm has changed his name to DildosforPatriots

***Vax has banned DildosforPatriots

I'm glad I wasn't the only one doing this.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Even if these assholes scurried off and disappeared there is still tens of thousands of dollars in damage/cleanup left behind.

Yep, which will show perfectly, the next time anyone asks, why "the people" can't do wildlife management services, and we instead have a department of interior.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Talking Points Memo actually has a fun comments section.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dang it, dale!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I think my favorite part in all of this is when I called the hotline and got through, then promptly put the open phone in the other room while it charged.

All night long Barb would call out the area code and say "hello?" like 5 times before just going to another line.

I hung it up maybe 7 hours later.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I haven't been following this too closely but i gotta say its come across as pretty impressive how well the feds have managed to handle this so far. If they end up pursuing mostly minor (but still lovely to get hit with) felony convictions rather than going for life in jail domestic terrorism charges or w/e then i think it will be a slam dunk. These guys will ruin their lives and dissuade other people from trying without having anything dramatic enough for tea partiers to rally behind

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:
Is there a youtube synopsis of all the funny things that happened during this shitshow? I wasn't around for any of the livestreams.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm hoping they'll be sent a comprehensive invoice, then dragged backwards through the courts.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/defying-his-own-son-cliven-bundy-rallies-oregon-militants-to-fight-to-the-end/

“I’ll tell you one thing, we’re dang sure going to have to fight this battle over and over if we just give up right today,” Cliven Bundy told CNN during an interview at his Nevada ranch. “I mean, we’ve got a life lost, but that life was wasted.”

There's your new leadership

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Cliven Bundy, you old loving welfare queen. Pay your goddamned bills.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
RICO Act the motherfucker

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
A 54-year-old Oregon man allegedly planning to join the militant group occupying the Malheur Wildlife Refuge can be seen threatening to kill sheriff’s deputies in footage posted on Monday by KATU-TV.

Body camera footage shows Joseph Arthur Stetson telling a Harney County deputy, “I’m planning to go out there and protect the Bundys, be their personal guard. If anybody wants to kill them, they have to kill me first.”

The encounter on Monday was filmed at a local market after deputies responded to a report of an armed man on the premises. Stetson was reportedly carrying a pellet gun.

“What concerns me right now, as I’m talking to you, I can smell some alcohol on your breath,” the deputy tells Stetson. Stetson responds by saying that he drank some NyQuil earlier in the day, then refuses to take a field sobriety test.

“I was a colonel in the United States armed forces,” he says. “Green Beret.”

He then reaches into his pocket, only for the deputy to stop him by grabbing his arm before telling him, “You’re making me a little bit nervous right now” and motioning for a colleague to assist in handcuffing Stetson.

As he’s being handcuffed, Stetson says, “I will kill all of you. Don’t believe me? If I go to jail, when I come out, I’ll kill you.”

As the arrest continues, Stetson can be heard speaking more angrily, saying, “I’m a Green Beret colonel, you drat sons of bitches. Freaking Nazi Germany, that’s all you are. I can’t be killed anyway.”

He then yells at a nearby state trooper that he is being subjected to an “illegal arrest” and vowing not to harm state troopers, unlike the deputies.

“I am the last hope,” Stetson yells. “I am a freakin’ colonel, Green Beret. My record is sealed by Ronald Reagan.”

https://youtu.be/DyAVjIndWOE

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

theultimo posted:

A 54-year-old Oregon man allegedly planning to join the militant group occupying the Malheur Wildlife Refuge can be seen threatening to kill sheriff’s deputies in footage posted on Monday by KATU-TV.

Body camera footage shows Joseph Arthur Stetson telling a Harney County deputy, “I’m planning to go out there and protect the Bundys, be their personal guard. If anybody wants to kill them, they have to kill me first.”

The encounter on Monday was filmed at a local market after deputies responded to a report of an armed man on the premises. Stetson was reportedly carrying a pellet gun.

“What concerns me right now, as I’m talking to you, I can smell some alcohol on your breath,” the deputy tells Stetson. Stetson responds by saying that he drank some NyQuil earlier in the day, then refuses to take a field sobriety test.

“I was a colonel in the United States armed forces,” he says. “Green Beret.”

He then reaches into his pocket, only for the deputy to stop him by grabbing his arm before telling him, “You’re making me a little bit nervous right now” and motioning for a colleague to assist in handcuffing Stetson.

As he’s being handcuffed, Stetson says, “I will kill all of you. Don’t believe me? If I go to jail, when I come out, I’ll kill you.”

As the arrest continues, Stetson can be heard speaking more angrily, saying, “I’m a Green Beret colonel, you drat sons of bitches. Freaking Nazi Germany, that’s all you are. I can’t be killed anyway.”

He then yells at a nearby state trooper that he is being subjected to an “illegal arrest” and vowing not to harm state troopers, unlike the deputies.

“I am the last hope,” Stetson yells. “I am a freakin’ colonel, Green Beret. My record is sealed by Ronald Reagan.”

everything about this owns

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

Came here to post this. Big fatty starting to cry and begging the FBI to just let him leave is too delicious. Especially after how big a talker he was when he thought militias from across the country were coming to help them. Now reality has set in, and they realise that they're stuck in a place they've fouled with their poo poo and bravado, they want out as fast as possible.

What dingus'. I am glad to see people running away from these dickheads as fast as possible.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

theultimo posted:

Why is old Ronnie considered such a hero to these people if he went and sealed all of their service records thereby making it look like stolen valor? I'd be pretty pissed if I was a green hatted colonel but couldn't prove it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A friend's dad claimed he had a sealed military record. Turns out he was never in, never went to Vietnam, no one knows what the gently caress he was doing for those years.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I am The Fury posted:

Why is old Ronnie considered such a hero to these people if he went and sealed all of their service records thereby making it look like stolen valor? I'd be pretty pissed if I was a green hatted colonel but couldn't prove it.

No it was sealed because he was a huge badass who did things the loving public would not understand were needed to be done to protect us from the loving ruskies man. Reagan was just protecting a true American hero from the condemnation of an unappreciative public

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Casimir Radon posted:

A friend's dad claimed he had a sealed military record. Turns out he was never in, never went to Vietnam, no one knows what the gently caress he was doing for those years.

anyone who claims they have a 'sealed military record' is absolutely 100% full of poo poo

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Casimir Radon posted:

My mom's uncle had a sealed record but that's only because he actually was working with the Green Berets in Vietnam

e- ^^^ and above, the only part that was sealed was the stuff that was actually classified

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The Dark Project posted:

Came here to post this. Big fatty starting to cry and begging the FBI to just let him leave is too delicious. Especially after how big a talker he was when he thought militias from across the country were coming to help them. Now reality has set in, and they realise that they're stuck in a place they've fouled with their poo poo and bravado, they want out as fast as possible.

What dingus'. I am glad to see people running away from these dickheads as fast as possible.

the funniest thing is that they're free to leave and the FBI's been repeating this nonstop all day. They'll be arrested but it's not like they're going to just execute anyone that comes out there surrendering. These guys are breaking down over a nonexistent threat :lol:

VikingSkull posted:

My mom's uncle had a sealed record but that's only because he actually was working with the Green Berets in Vietnam

e- ^^^ and above, the only part that was sealed was the stuff that was actually classified

Yea I assume that "sealed record" didn't mean their entire goddamn service

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
loving still? Surely the meth has to wear off soon.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I am The Fury posted:

Because if he didn't seal those records, then it would be direct evidence of terrorist actions by the United States against places like Nicaragua, San Salvador, and such, since America supported some lovely loving people like the Contras and Roberto D'Aubuisson that raped and murdered nuns, assassinated bishops, and mined commercial shipping harbors all in the name to prevent the spread of Communism in the Americas.

So, even if he was telling the truth, it would be because it's hiding that he's a really awful war criminal.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Funky See Funky Do posted:

loving still? Surely the meth has to wear off soon.

it wore off earlier and they're currently in the paranoid withdrawal phase.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah, that's how it works here as well.

Cowman posted:

the funniest thing is that they're free to leave and the FBI's been repeating this nonstop all day. They'll be arrested but it's not like they're going to just execute anyone that comes out there surrendering. These guys are breaking down over a nonexistent threat :lol:

The FBI has consistently said they'll only arrest people who have a federal warrant and even said which people those are. Out of the 8 who left yesterday, 3 were arrested and 5 were let go. The feds have even told them who the're going to arrest.

Amazing how the Last Standers went from "we're not leaving unless you meet our original demands" to "we're not leaving unless you don't arrest this last guy" in less than 24 hours. It's like negotiating with 4 year olds. Another 24 hours and they'll be begging for the feds to come in and get them because they're sick of being in time out.

But you won't fool the children of the revolution
No you won't fool the children of the revolution
No way!

Lolie has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Jan 28, 2016

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Young Freud posted:

Because if he didn't seal those records, then it would be direct evidence of terrorist actions by the United States against places like Nicaragua, San Salvador, and such, since America supported some lovely loving people like the Contras and Roberto D'Aubuisson that raped and murdered nuns, assassinated bishops, and mined commercial shipping harbors all in the name to prevent the spread of Communism in the Americas.

So, even if he was telling the truth, it would be because it's hiding that he's a really awful war criminal.

Oh that is pretty heroic. Thank you Ronald Reagan for protecting america, sorry the fake jews in the FBI tried to kill you.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I saw the term WalMartyrs for the first time today. I like it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

VikingSkull posted:

yeah they just put non specific stuff on your DD-214, but you still get a DD-214.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Jesus, does anyone just donate to terrorists?

http://www.gohomemalheur.org

Number of Days the Malheur NWR Occupied: 25 (paused)
Amount Pledged Per Day: $3158.00
Total Amount Pledged: $83,024.00
Number of pledges: 1588

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cygni posted:

yeah they just put non specific stuff on your DD-214, but you still get a DD-214.

Yeah it's pretty silly to assume being in the special forces means you would have no record of service from the government

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

This was in the related videos and god drat it's amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpkM9bDJrxA

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

Should clarify that he claimed that he asked for it to be sealed. So it was complete bullshit.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
BROKEN ARROW CALLING ON ALL MEAL TEAM SIX

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/thousands_called_to_burns_to_t.html#incart_story_package

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cygni posted:

it's actually super funny that they do it that way because it makes even the lowest of classified poo poo look like your relative was James Bond

he had told us vaguely that he was over there advising indigenous people but beyond that I have no idea, but seeing his paperwork makes him look like it's possible that he was the inspiration for Cpt. Willard

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
My 214 is out there, it has sealed info on specific classified data, but its all there for the most part. (Which since wikileaks leaked out all info its useless anyway)

I can guarantee anyone who says their record is fully sealed is full of horseshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Can't wait to see how their resolve holds up once they run out of cigarettes.