Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hillary is going to beat herself. The emails, the shrill voice, the disgusting bathroom breaks....

Trump is going to spend the general election taking measurements of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue to get a jumpstart on permits to knock it down and build Trump Fortress of Luxury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Up, up the long delirious burning polls
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,
where never Jeb!, or even Romney, flew;
and, while with brilliant, Wharton mind I've trod
the high luxurious sanctity of space,
put out my hand and fired the face of God.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 18, 2016

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
https://twitter.com/AndrewKirell/status/692756845665128448

Every response to a poll matters, people. Take them properly.

Don't just mumble-

"Gilmore, I suppose..."

*hangs up sheepishly*

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lmao Anne Franks stepsister called Trump a Hitler now? Jesus

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That's a pretty good endorsement to bag

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This is exactly why he can't pivot to the left in the general

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Venom Snake posted:

Has anyone yet actually found any evidence to support this "Trump beats Hillary" meme because so far Trump has demonstrated he's only effective against people who have no qualifications. He's against two first term senators, a lovely governor with a dead base, Scott Walker-lite, and a fat rear end from Jersey.

Basically Sanders or Hillary would eat him alive in the general.

Yes, I agree, Trump clearly will get crushed by anyone with any real government experience, not including:

3 Term Governor of Texas
2 Term Governors of Wisconsin, Ohio, New Jersey, New York, Arkansas and Louisana
2 Term Governor of Florida from one of the most powerful political families in the United States.
Freshman senators from Kentucky, Texas, Florida and former 2 term Senator from Pennsylvania.

because those don't count.

If the current MO of democrats is to underestimate him for the general, then we all deserve 8 glorious years of President Donald J. Trump.

Anyway, if we have 2 people out of the kids table, and Trump bailing out of the big peoples debate, wouldn't it make more sense for Fox to just merge them all onto the main stage at this point?

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/lPSCb94.jpg :nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TheTatteredKing posted:

Yeah grabbing the two most hopeless no hopers isn't impressive.

Didn't they both win the Iowa caucus in '08 (Huck) and '12 (Santorum)? Not a horrible strategy. Most of the people who voted for them, unlike those who voted for Jeb!, are still alive.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Venom Snake posted:

Has anyone yet actually found any evidence to support this "Trump beats Hillary" meme because so far Trump has demonstrated he's only effective against people who have no qualifications. He's against two first term senators, a lovely governor with a dead base, Scott Walker-lite, and a fat rear end from Jersey.

H2H polling but apparently these don't count (yet)

Hillary isn't really that qualified in terms of elections though, she's been an appointee or married into the position her entire life except when she carpetbagged into New York and the Democrats cleared the field for her

Losing a colossal lead against Obama in 2008, and she seems to be in the midst of repeating that yet again with Bernie 2016 if the poll trend lines are any indicator (yes obviously we won't know for sure for another few weeks)

I think it's a lot closer than the popular consensus says it would be

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I think trump is going to do really well with women voters when his authority is challenged by Hillary, he's deffo not gonna blow up and say anything hilariously offensive

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Zelder posted:

I think trump is going to do really well with women voters when his authority is challenged by Hillary, he's deffo not gonna blow up and say anything hilariously offensive

Exactly, like when Hillary called him sexist and he couldn't respond to it and Hillary continued attacking him on that over the next few weeks

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zelder posted:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Touching stuff. The full editorial is here.

http://www.newsweek.com/holocaust-memorial-day-anne-frank-refugee-crisis-donald-trump-420312

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

#hillarymen

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

(Donald Trump voice) Get em out

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

William Bear posted:

Meanwhile, Gilmore grabs the mike and starts ranting about the car tax.

LOL.

None of them take this seriously enough to care whether it's an endorsement for Trump. HTH

Venom Snake posted:

All the Donald has to do is get the audience to continue with this suspension of disbelief that he's had to his advantage since he announced. And hire a few actors behind the scenes. If anybody took any of this seriously, his paying actors to cheer him on would have disqualified him from anybody's serious consideration a long time ago. Nobody cares anymore and all the candidates are just on a long hiatus from their boring day jobs. They don't give a poo poo about America or they would have owned up and gotten back to work doing something useful weeks or months ago.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zelder posted:

Man, when his authority is challenged by anyone. It is a shame Biden is probably out because Biden would basically just look at Trump and start laughing and Trump would turn into a red yam and his polls would crater.

I am sure Diamond Joe will be glad to give advice or opinions to Hillary or Bernie, though.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Nastier Nate posted:

Yes, I agree, Trump clearly will get crushed by anyone with any real government experience, not including:

3 Term Governor of Texas
2 Term Governors of Wisconsin, Ohio, New Jersey, New York, Arkansas and Louisana
2 Term Governor of Florida from one of the most powerful political families in the United States.
Freshman senators from Kentucky, Texas, Florida and former 2 term Senator from Pennsylvania.

because those don't count.

If the current MO of democrats is to underestimate him for the general, then we all deserve 8 glorious years of President Donald J. Trump

Okay I'm talking about people running serious (non-scam) campaigns attempting to actually win. Ted Cruz is a egotist freshman who is hated by everyone on planet earth, Rubio is a 1st term who won't even show up for work, Jeb's base is dead and he was a poo poo nobody liked as governor and he has no friends, Carson has brain damage, Christie is a fat rear end who spends half his state budget on hamburgers, ect. None of these people is worth a bucket of warm piss and it's why people keep begging for Romney or someone else with half a record to run.

Trump is walking all over these people because Trump appeals to the base and he's not a complete gently caress up in every sense of the word. Like come on dude even MOM is more qualified than 90+% of the GOP line up.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

mormonpartyboat posted:

Up, up the long delirious burning polls
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,
where never Jeb!, or even Romney, flew;
and, while with brilliant, Wharton mind I've trod
the high luxurious sanctity of space,
put out my hand and fired the face of God.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Brannock posted:

Exactly, like when Hillary called him sexist and he couldn't respond to it and Hillary continued attacking him on that over the next few weeks

It was odd how Hillary's poll numbers started dropping right around then, for absolutely no reason.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

PT6A posted:

It's not impressive so much as it's hilarious.

That's true. They're all such whores.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Venom Snake posted:

Okay I'm talking about people running serious (non-scam) campaigns attempting to actually win. Ted Cruz is a egotist freshman who is hated by everyone on planet earth, Rubio is a 1st term who won't even show up for work, Jeb's base is dead and he was a poo poo nobody liked as governor and he has no friends, Carson has brain damage, Christie is a fat rear end who spends half his state budget on hamburgers, ect. None of these people is worth a bucket of warm piss and it's why people keep begging for Romney or someone else with half a record to run.

Trump is walking all over these people because Trump appeals to the base and he's not a complete gently caress up in every sense of the word. Like come on dude even MOM is more qualified than 90+% of the GOP line up.

Hey man, I heard Trump said the sky is blue yesterday.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It was odd how Hillary's poll numbers started dropping right around then, for absolutely no reason.

Is this schlong gate? Can I get a link showing this?

It's hard to keep track of this mad mad primary

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Excuse me, but why aren't you acknowledging Trump's business acumen in this post? What a weird loving thing to refuse to do.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brannock posted:

Hillary isn't really that qualified in terms of elections though, she's been an appointee or married into the position her entire life except when she carpetbagged into New York and the Democrats cleared the field for her

Losing a colossal lead against Obama in 2008, and she seems to be in the midst of repeating that yet again with Bernie 2016 if the poll trend lines are any indicator (yes obviously we won't know for sure for another few weeks)

Okay I'm not talking about elections here. And even then it's been written that Obama's victory in 2008 wasn't some massive story of the ages but rather a common even of a campaign getting crashed by a bad campaign manager and failing to lock in a large amount of support which is a mistake Hillary isn't making this time. But you can't deny Hillary does actually have experience with being SoS, a very well respected lawyer (including being a public defender which is a really hard job), a senator, and being extremely well connected on the hill. The people currently running in the GOP line up (including Trump) have none of these qualifications.

Hillary's high popularity with minority demographics which hate Trump with a yooge passion is enough to completely sink Trump in the general.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Vile posted:

Hillary is going to beat herself. The emails, the shrill voice, the disgusting bathroom breaks....

Trump is going to spend the general election taking measurements of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue to get a jumpstart on permits to knock it down and build Trump Fortress of Luxury

Vile only votes for glorious leaders that never poop, like the Kims

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Will trump turn Hispanic voters into a solidly Democratic block? I dunno, possibly.

He's gonna absolutely run the board with white male voters though

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Brannock posted:

you also left out that the Republican she was up against when she originally won her senate seat was a relatively unknown last-minute replacement Giuliani (after he needed to drop out for health/personal reasons) and despite this she still got 5% less of the vote than Al Gore did

there is very little evidence to support the notion that she's good at winning elections and quite a bit of evidence to suggest that she consistently underperforms despite huge initial advantages

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zelder posted:

He's gonna absolutely run the board with white male voters who masturbate to anime though

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Venom Snake posted:

Well how about you keep screaming how these elected governors and senators HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ELECTED! Especially the ones from blue/purple states who at one point were very popular (Christie) or still are in their state (Kasich). For your sake I hope most democrats don't share your point of view because if they do, I'll be preparing for the Trumpenreich.

reminder: Romney had 1 term as governor of MA and decided not to run for re-election. He has less of a record then most of the GOP currently running.

The Nastier Nate fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 28, 2016

pantsofwar
Jul 14, 2006
Yea, becouse pants do go to war? Eh?

mlmp08 posted:

I love that Huck basically said he's showing up to Trump's event cause he has nothing better to do anyway.

Well I would if I where him. Might as well enjoy the free show and maybe get a chance to do some crowd surfing or bust out his mad skill's with his bass guitar.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

Well how about you keep screaming how these elected governors and senators HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ELECTED! Especially the ones from blue/purple states who at one point were very popular (Christie) or still are in their state (Kasich). For your sake I hope most democrats don't share your point of view because if they do, I'll be preparing for the Trumpenreich.
I believe Christie is widely loathed and these guys are largely protected by having governor elections not be the same year as presidential elections.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Best post in this thread.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can donate now

http://www.donaldtrumpforvets.com

I gave :10bux:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

There are like six active shampaigns this cycle. And I could count Rubio's if I want it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Despite our inherent love of gold and money, I don't think trump will peel off a significant amount of the black vote. I suppose it all remains to be seen though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Venom Snake posted:

The speed at which he dismantles his opponents should be very worrisome. And his political instincts which may run counter to established practices (like this debate debacle) shows you he is a deft strategist and tactician. No joke, either Clinton or Sanders SHOULD NOT take Trump lightly. These high risk moves that veer off script are potential game changers are should be very dangerous to conventional candidates.

• Locked thread