Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

Leveled and geared dooku become a threat. Double crit of 3.5k damage is nothing to scoff at.

Truth. But leveled and geared Dooku is even worse to attack first unless you can stun him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Zotix posted:

I just see Sidious usefulness phasing out. He doesn't deal enough damage and his heal block is okay, but I think kylo kind of does it better and I'd trade more damage for the heal block.

Are you really getting more damage though?

Speed seems like the most important stat in the game since it allows you to go first and attack more often. At max levels, Sid gets his fourth attack when Kylo gets his third and that difference only grows as the fight goes on. I think Kylo's one of the better designed characters in the game but I can't imagine a scenario where he'd do better than Sid.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Any time you attack him he's likely to counter attack and put a debuff on you. I've had a skilled up kylo throw more healing debuffs around than Sid.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Speaking of Sid/Kylo, Sid's turn meter gain just saved my rear end in Arena. My Luke got bursted down 1st round after 3 Phasma assists in a row (including 2 from Daka who luckily whiffed both times) and a Sid and Kylo AoE took everyone down to yellow. Sid/Lumi took out Daka, Sid's meter proced and debuffed enemy Lumi who tried to heal herself right away instead of attacking (and would have acted before Sid and likely taken someone out) and let me regain the upper hand and snipe #4. :hellyeah:

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

I was rank 1 yesterday with Daka. My server is filled with big whales too. Also last week when I missed my arena grind one day I didn't fall below rank 20 with her. At 7* she has like 12k life her survivability is great now.

Edit: that being said I'm thinking of changing some things up a bit for a day or two and go for a harder hitting team to see how well it works. I want to throw QGJ in, as well as Aayla, then my choices are Phasma, Sidious, Poe, Poggle, Daka. What do you guys think?

I'm not saying she's useless. She's good. But she can be pretty much ignored in arena, at least when I'm on offense, because she does so little damage. Even if she stuns someone, all that does eat up one of your turns (the stun) for one of my turns (the stunned victim), so there's no real gain. And if the stun misses, you lose out on the exchange because I'm running someone like IG88 instead, who will go bonkers with damage. Her low damage is especially problematic if you run multiple low damage characters, like Poggle and Poe.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Completely anecdotal evidence: Just fought a Daka Geno Sid Lumi Poe team and managed to stun Poe before his taunt with my Daka and slam him down so he wasn't a problem.

Then their Daka revived Poe, Lumi went next and healed him back up, then he taunted and it all swiftly went to poo poo. Killed everyone else with only Lumi and Kylo Ren alive and Daka brought back Geno Soldier when her cooldown was up, and then next turn double stunned my Lumi/Kylo.

Still made it in the end, but gently caress she is annoying as hell to fight when the RNG hates you (all of the time)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

I'm not saying she's useless. She's good. But she can be pretty much ignored in arena, at least when I'm on offense, because she does so little damage. Even if she stuns someone, all that does eat up one of your turns (the stun) for one of my turns (the stunned victim), so there's no real gain. And if the stun misses, you lose out on the exchange because I'm running someone like IG88 instead, who will go bonkers with damage. Her low damage is especially problematic if you run multiple low damage characters, like Poggle and Poe.

If she's decently leveled up she has a chance to stun 2 dudes with a single attack, she also passively resurrects dead teammates and actively resurrects them with her heal.

I always kill her immediately.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I missed being able to do my arena's earlier because of work, so I was knocking them out just now and since the rewards for today passed I was just doing them on auto. Holy loving poo poo the AI is loving retarded. I really don't know if there's a team comp out there that can win consistently against equal characters. My characters we just attacking poo poo completely at random, no focusing AT ALL. Every single attack was at a different person. The one thing that stood out, is how ineffective Sidious really is. When you are talking max gear levels, his healing debuff lands MAYBE 50% of the time, and that's very generous. Other than that, he's absolutely worthless. Completely deadweight. His damage has to be one of the lowest for an attacker. He's definitely getting dropped as soon as I can gear up QGJ.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just unlocked Daka, I'm still in the middle of staring Phasma and Sid, I've finally fallen in love with Geonosian Soldier. I don't know if these developers are the type to have "balance" patches that destroy whatever is favorable in the meta, letting flavor of the months rule. Because I have no clue who to be working for then or even if I should abandon my current guys.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I need about 5 million credits to promote Sid and Lumi and Luke to 7* and get Qui Gon to level 65

:negative:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Just spent a cool mill on getting sid to 7 stars. Then levelled to 65. I'm so poor ;[

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Just fought a full rank 60 FO team with Phasma lead and :wtc:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 28, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

This 45xTraining droid deal just opened up a sucking void in my credit bank :ohdear:

Todays fun GW matchup: lvl 65 tricked out Kylo Ren that hit me for more than 10 000 damage with his special <50% health skill :gonk:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Letting AI Ren use his boosted special is a mistake. Either stun/ability block him, burst him down, or hit him to 60% and refocus after his turn.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Hard to either stun, ability block or burst him down when he's overleveled compared to you, resists all that poo poo and got more than enough HP to tank most bursts outside of a Leia/FOTP set-up.

Still got him, but it was a pain (because of course he came with a full team of 6-7 star lvl 65s).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I met a Kylo Ren just like that one you are describing today and the only way to deal with him was to target him first and get lucky crits from Luke and Resistance Pilot, twoshotting him. Any other strategy I tried lead to losing characters.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Zotix posted:

So I missed being able to do my arena's earlier because of work, so I was knocking them out just now and since the rewards for today passed I was just doing them on auto. Holy loving poo poo the AI is loving retarded. I really don't know if there's a team comp out there that can win consistently against equal characters. My characters we just attacking poo poo completely at random, no focusing AT ALL. Every single attack was at a different person. The one thing that stood out, is how ineffective Sidious really is. When you are talking max gear levels, his healing debuff lands MAYBE 50% of the time, and that's very generous. Other than that, he's absolutely worthless. Completely deadweight. His damage has to be one of the lowest for an attacker. He's definitely getting dropped as soon as I can gear up QGJ.

Arena has that bug where the targeting reticle jumps around for no reason, so maybe that was it?

As for Sid, I'm conflicted. His healing debuff is so good when it activates because it lets me focus down a toon without it getting healed up. Sid also get turns very often compared to other guys, and is healed when other toons die, so every time he takes damage in place of another toon its a good thing, because he's about to heal it anyway. On the other hand, whenever I see him on an arena team he's the first guy I focus down for the same reasons(unless Old Daka is there too, if she is, she is the first to go), and he dies very quickly.

Mine's 6* gear 7, and he does very reasonable damage, esp since he gets turns so quickly. Maybe yours is lower level/gear?

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Also re:Old Daka, she's a massive MASSIVE threat. At lvl 59 most of the Dakas I see in arena appear to be underleveled and die quickly, but I had this one match yesterday where she soaked up all I threw at her until their Chewie taunted and then she started stunning the poo poo out of my team while their Sid was hitting my guys with healing immunity and everyone else piling on. Lost that round with 4 of their team still standing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My sid is 67 7* g8 4p

2.5k damage is weak at that point when some characters are doing 4.5k non crit non buffed.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 28, 2016

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

How are people getting dudes to 7 stars? Doesn't that require 7*50 = 350 or 7*80=560 shards, at a miserably low drop rate? Isn't this game only 6 weeks old, I just don't see how you could amass that many pieces, especially for multiple characters.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

How are people getting dudes to 7 stars? Doesn't that require 7*50 = 350 or 7*80=560 shards, at a miserably low drop rate? Isn't this game only 6 weeks old, I just don't see how you could amass that many pieces, especially for multiple characters.

6 to 7 requires 100 shards.

I only got Lumi as 7, but I could have Sid too if I hadn't plowed poo poo into Asajj. GW gets you 15 shards/Day, Arena 10 shards/day. Do the math.
Cantina can get you ~5/day of any grindable in there + 5-10 for the cantina shipments (requires plowing some crystals though).

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It's 330 shards total to 7 stars for all characters. I thought weaker (cheaper) characters would upgrade faster, too, when I started, but you just unlock them further along the star progression.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

I just got to the point in my progress where I unlocked dooku, Sid, ig, and luminara within a day of each other, with daka just five shards away. Holy poo poo did this game go from tedious to much more fun. Now to repeat to star them up..l must be a glutton for punishment, but i can't put this down. For anyone that just might be picking it up, stay until at least gw since that's when the game really opens up for resources and fun.

So once I level everyone up properly I'm thinking a Luke dooku Sid lum daka team as those will be my strongest characters at the moment. Other than that I have the bare basics, I'll probably gently caress around with the lineup more because even though I read lots of different team compositions here I gotta actually play it out to feel how synergies go. Is there any particular character I should go for now that I've got the minimum foundation of a team going? I'm not entirely sure which direction I should take my team at the moment.

Also in arena I've just cracked top thousand at level 49 and others are around 45-50 at 10k power. Does that seem about average? I noticed a sudden difficulty spike after a point, it went from all chewie opponents to phasma/sid/luke/etc leaders quick.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Zotix posted:

My sid is 67 7* g8 4p

2.5k damage is weak at that point when some characters are doing 4.5k non crit non buffed.

Agreed. He is still very good to have for GW with his sustain and speed though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Agreed. He is still very good to have for GW with his sustain and speed though.

Until you can get other Heroes to 6-7*, he's going to be one of your all-stars.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:L posted:

Also in arena I've just cracked top thousand at level 49 and others are around 45-50 at 10k power. Does that seem about average? I noticed a sudden difficulty spike after a point, it went from all chewie opponents to phasma/sid/luke/etc leaders quick.

I'm in the top 50 most days and there are no non Phasma/Sid/Barris leaders in this rarified air, unless it's a super-whale.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Rey, QGJ, Poe, Lumi, Sid

For fucks sake, that is so mean.

My JC at ~10% after the first QGJ + assist (It was Sid, so healing debuff applied.)
Luke at 5% after the first Rey attack
Poe pushes my team back and taunts
Sidious uses his AoE and kills luke and brings JC to the brink.

Now it's my turn.
Remaining 4 attacks go into trying to bring Poe to 20%, can't heal because the only significantly damages character has a heal debuff.

Doh, his turn again!
Luminara heals Poe back to ~80%
Rey and QGJ combine to kill my Poe
Sid kills my JC
Poe shoots someone, who cares.

Now it's my turn.
JC dead
Poe dead
Luke dead
Sidious hits Poe with normal attack
Luminara hits Poe with normal attack

Doh, his turn again!
You know how this ends.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 28, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Chilichimp posted:

Rey, QGJ, Poe, Lumi, Sid

For fucks sake, that is so mean.

My JC at ~10% after the first QGJ + assist (It was Sid, so healing debuff applied.)
Luke at 5% after the first Rey attack
Poe pushes my team back and taunts
Sidious uses his AoE and kills luke and brings JC to the brink.

Now it's my turn.
Remaining 4 attacks go into trying to bring Poe to 20%, can't heal because the only significantly damages character has a heal debuff.

Doh, his turn again!
Luminara heals Poe back to ~80%
Rey and QGJ combine to kill my Poe
Sid kills my JC
Poe shoots someone, who cares.

Now it's my turn.
JC dead
Poe dead
Luke dead
Sidious hits Poe with normal attack
Luminara hits Poe with normal attack

Doh, his turn again!
You know how this ends.

Yup, your team was out-classed from the beginning, nothing you could've done. It's funny because it's a semi-whale team (Rey QGJ), but still has F2P guys like Lumi and Sid, so must be still working on the rest of his death squad. There are many aggravating abilities in this game but I don't think anything annoys me more than Rey's Leverage, where she smacks you like a mack truck and then gets Foresight so you can't hit her back. You basically need an AOE to deal with her effectively unless you're okay wasting attacks.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

If Boba fetts mandalorian resolve triggers, and he comes back after he dies you will still get 3 stars FYI.

Also the ability is hilarious, I just watched him die 4 times in a row and come back every time.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My team right now is 5* Phasma/7* Sid/7* Lumi with the remaining two slots split between 5* Daka, 6* JC, and 4* GS depending on the situation. I was working on Daka but now with QGJ available I'm working overdrive to get him.

Daka I mostly use in GW for her utility, the stuns, heal, and revive. Same goes for JC, decent damage and super short cooldown healing. GS is when I need huge DPS to burst someone down, like a Poe, Rey, FOTP, QGJ, or Daka.

With the right assist call GS can almost take out a character on his turn alone, especially if I also proc a Phasma assist. Can't wait to see how this team works with QGJ.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Just now had Poe+Poggle+Lumi+Sid+Luke in arena just, holy poo poo is that an impossible combination to beat down. That Lumi ability block move while on Poggle's offense up buff took out my 5* 7gear JC in one shot.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Present posted:

Just now had Poe+Poggle+Lumi+Sid+Luke in arena just, holy poo poo is that an impossible combination to beat down. That Lumi ability block move while on Poggle's offense up buff took out my 5* 7gear JC in one shot.

Just think, QGJ gives the same buff when he removes enemy buffs, and can call in teammates to attack at +75% damage every other turn. Your GW is about to get real loving silly.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The biggest thing that's helping me against poe teams is having a maxed 7* full gear Lumi, and a maxed 7* full gear Daka. Heal early if you don't lose someone, and heal again if you take enough damage. That will get you through most of the big cool downs. If someone is at 80% heal with Daka. This works with F2P poe teams. Against huge whales with leias and maxed FOTP you're hosed.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

The biggest thing that's helping me against poe teams is having a maxed 7* full gear Lumi, and a maxed 7* full gear Daka. Heal early if you don't lose someone, and heal again if you take enough damage. That will get you through most of the big cool downs. If someone is at 80% heal with Daka. This works with F2P poe teams. Against huge whales with leias and maxed FOTP you're hosed.

I know that feel.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

I feel like people in this thread really don't give R. Pilot enough credit. A maxed R. Pilot is almost as good as FOTP. My 5*, G8, L65 RP is critting for 5k in GW/Arena. He gets +5% crit and evade, and anytime he crits or evades, he gains 22.5% evasion (this makes him really good with Lumi or Sid as lead). His basic attack has a 55% chance to gain 20% turn meter. His ability has 50% to apply expose, and 65% to gain foresight (guaranteed evade). Basically what I'm saying is that he hits hard, and can hit a lot.

I'm at a point where I need to decide if I should keep getting stars for Poggle (I just got him to 4*), or if I should try to get RP to 7*. Since I'm not buying packs, FOTP is going to take a ridiculous amount of time to get to 7* (but I am doing his hard missions - at least the ones I have access to right now), so maxing RP seems like a pretty good idea, to later be replaced by FOTP. However, Poggle's special is so good, so, that might be better worth my time.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm sure R Pilot is good, but I had to prioritize some other characters first. Lumi was number 1, without a doubt. Then I had Phasma from the pack, so I wanted to finish her off. Now I'm working on Poggle, because Poggle. I'll probably start on R Pilot next, and then see what the patch brings in terms of any new GW shipments.

On a side note, I'm on the Aayla train now. I swapped out my 6* Dooku for her tonight(She's 6*) as well. First fight I go for the JC over Sidious, because his health was lower. Hit attack, but wasn't so sure it was really the best option, but gently caress it first GW. Their Sidious goes next, AoE attack, Aayla counters for 4.9k and stuns him, and calls in Lumi for an assist on the counter which she hits him for 2.9k. Rest in Pepperoni's Sidious. Sold.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

I'm sure R Pilot is good, but I had to prioritize some other characters first. Lumi was number 1, without a doubt. Then I had Phasma from the pack, so I wanted to finish her off. Now I'm working on Poggle, because Poggle. I'll probably start on R Pilot next, and then see what the patch brings in terms of any new GW shipments.

On a side note, I'm on the Aayla train now. I swapped out my 6* Dooku for her tonight(She's 6*) as well. First fight I go for the JC over Sidious, because his health was lower. Hit attack, but wasn't so sure it was really the best option, but gently caress it first GW. Their Sidious goes next, AoE attack, Aayla counters for 4.9k and stuns him, and calls in Lumi for an assist on the counter which she hits him for 2.9k. Rest in Pepperoni's Sidious. Sold.

She sounds fantastic, I'll go farm her...

oh, nevermind.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

She's also one of the easiest to acquire premium only characters. I'm wondering how some of the really rare premium characters are once leveled, starred, and skilled. I'm sure some of the mega whales are sitting on a wealth of knowledge.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
This game's arena system is so loving bullshit. Someone attacked me at 5:53, ending at 5:58, which left me 2 minutes to try to get my last attack in. I went from 5th to 14th place.

They really need to fix how that poo poo works.

e: I think how they should handle this kind of thing, is change how far down you can attack. For example, if you are 10th or higher, you can only attack someone that is 3 places lower than you. This means that 9th place can only attack 8th, 7th, or 6th. However, 11th through 14th can still attack 9 down. They need to change this so that you can only attack as far down as say 9th if you are above 12th, and then can only climb by 3 from there. As it is, it's just too much BS for anyone that actually gets into the top 5, especially if there's competition during your 6PM slot.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Arena and GW meta have made me go to casually logging in once a day and hitting up a few of the easier daily achievements / doing all of my cantina. Even though I have dropped to the 600s in arena from inactivity I am sitting on like 4k arena shipments.

I don't do GW anymore, or maybe a battle at most, as its extremely tedious now.

• Locked thread