Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Part of that is because it's impractical to use it as a trap when they can hear it through walls/around corners, it's got a bright light on it, dies in one bullet from any gun, and dies to Thatcher nades.

[EDIT] Unless you get Terrorist Hunt C4, where you just coat entire loving hallways with it so you just can't go that way without taking a ton of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Just requiring it to be on a surface for a second or so before arming would be enough. No more air detonations and no more long range instakills

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

In fairness, the explosion range is pretty bad and it's not nearly as instantaneous as you make it out to be. It also has the bad habit of getting stuck to weird things, and relatively short throwing range.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah. It should have a ~5s arming time or whatever and lose the beep. That would turn it from being essentially a grenade into being a much better trap, and also make IQ slightly better.

Keep the beep, but just tone it down make the area you can hear it from a bit better, or maybe even crank up how quiet it is behind corners and poo poo. Then again, I've used it a few times where i've heard a team stacking up, thrown it in the direction i think they are, and listened as they all loving scattered like roaches.

I think gaga has a clip of me where sledge breached the ceiling dropdown to us, so i looked up and tossed a c4 straight up, detonating it in his face, gaga please upload/include that clip in your next edit :)

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Keket posted:

Keep the beep, but just tone it down make the area you can hear it from a bit better, or maybe even crank up how quiet it is behind corners and poo poo. Then again, I've used it a few times where i've heard a team stacking up, thrown it in the direction i think they are, and listened as they all loving scattered like roaches.

I think gaga has a clip of me where sledge breached the ceiling dropdown to us, so i looked up and tossed a c4 straight up, detonating it in his face, gaga please upload/include that clip in your next edit :)

ugh i have 51 clips to go through and chop together and i'm too lazy to tonight, but i found the one you're talking about.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Am I missing something here with the map preferences because when I turn off Oregon in my preference the game thinks that it means I want to play in only Oregon games literally 9 games in a row.

e: the game finally put me in a different map for my tenth game, on the one other map I deselected in preferences

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Blitz being able to instantly get ADS accuracy when pressing RMB is the most broken, frustrating thing in the game currently holy poo poo. Last match tilted me off the planet.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

yeah that is something I hope they adjust soon. It's kind of dumb how hip fire could be removed from the game and there would be no change at all to the way it's played. (except shields)

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Lol, servers at capacity. Guess The Division beta borrowed some of sieges servers. Yet another reason its a lovely game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

pandaK posted:

Am I missing something here with the map preferences because when I turn off Oregon in my preference the game thinks that it means I want to play in only Oregon games literally 9 games in a row.

e: the game finally put me in a different map for my tenth game, on the one other map I deselected in preferences

IIRC it's just weighting - it will try to put you in a game that isn't Oregon if one is available, but if not it will still give you Oregon, and if you stay in the same lobby, that won't prevent the game from switching to Oregon.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Luckiest knife ever:
https://streamable.com/ogwn

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Learned something new today that should ALWAYS (with caution) be used.

:bang: If you break down a castle wall, the frame of it still remains, so if you place a barricade under a broken down Castle wall, you CANNOT vault over it. :bang:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Paradigmata posted:

Learned something new today that should ALWAYS (with caution) be used.

:bang: If you break down a castle wall, the frame of it still remains, so if you place a barricade under a broken down Castle wall, you CANNOT vault over it. :bang:

The "Castle Glitch". Useful for completely cock blocking a directional assault. Especially because you have no real way of knowing you can't vault over it until you get there, so you get free kills out of it when there's unexpected behavior. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Great Beer posted:

If I'm fairly certain whoever is about to throw a nitro cell is alone I'll just charge them instead of trying to dodge the bomb. Much more reliable than hoping the net code is showing me where the nitro actually is.

Nitro is bullshit though. It's basically a better grenade but defenders get them.

PSA: The nitro can be 'carried' by a player model for several feet if it strikes them directly. I know because I killed a hostage with a nitro I threw around a corner into another room. :smith:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Man how hilarious it'd be if the Nitro Cell worked like it did in T-Hunt, or at the very least if you could set up as many as they end up doing in some maps/the situations. IQ's main gimmick would actually be really useful.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

5 man GSG-9 Recruit defense works pretty well, everyone gets 416s or MP7s, Nitro, and 3 Barbed Wire.

We basically filled the basement of the bank with wire.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lemon Curdistan posted:

IIRC it's just weighting - it will try to put you in a game that isn't Oregon if one is available, but if not it will still give you Oregon, and if you stay in the same lobby, that won't prevent the game from switching to Oregon.

Yeah I knew it's just supposed to be weighted, but to random into 9 Oregon games in a row is kind of excessive, don't you think?

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
Does anyone know where to download high resolution images of the maps? I want to print them out. I tried ubisofts tactical board but I'm unable to download the images.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

TheHouseofM posted:

Does anyone know where to download high resolution images of the maps? I want to print them out. I tried ubisofts tactical board but I'm unable to download the images.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3uwz86/floorbyfloor_layout_of_10_maps/

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
My first experience with this game has been awesome. People online have been nice, terrorist hunt is a blast ( heh ), and despite being utter poo poo at multiplayer, i didnt get ragged on or anything.

Also sledge is essentially the Mole from Monaco, and i loving love that.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Time to gitgud goons.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-CA/competition/index.aspx

quote:

GO4R6

Starting February 7th, you will be able to participate in the weekly Go4R6 competitions for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six on Xbox One or PC in Europe of North America.
The top eight teams in the Go4R6 monthly rankings will be invited to face-off in the monthly final competition.

quote:

PRO LEAGUE

Beginning in March 2016, the top eight teams from North America and Europe on Xbox One and PC will be invited to compete in a multi-week tournament Season.

The top two placing teams from North America and Europe on Xbox One and PC will be invited to travel and compete at the Season Finals, with the victor claiming the title of Season Champions.

Win a chance to travel, meet me and punch my stupid face for working on such a broken game :toot:

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Meh, Casual is more fun

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I hope it ends up like the MechWarrior Online tournament where 80% of the teams are running aim and vision hacks.

And still don't get punished at all when caught red handed.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Zaodai posted:

I hope it ends up like the MechWarrior Online tournament where 80% of the teams are running aim and vision hacks.

And still don't get punished at all when caught red handed.

I want to hear more about this, is there an article or something?

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Weekend bonus is live and runs alongside boosters. Time to get some renown skins.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Jeebus, myself, a buddy, and a couple randos had some fun games the other day. Shennanigans included some very fast wins, a house round that my friend won by shooting two people while falling and killing himself, and jeebus winning a hostange round by throwing the hostage out of the 2nd story of the house

this game is so much better with 5 people it's incredible

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i just got this and so far the best part has been swarming the hostage with drones and baiting shotgun shells

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Jeebus, myself, a buddy, and a couple randos had some fun games the other day. Shennanigans included some very fast wins, a house round that my friend won by shooting two people while falling and killing himself, and jeebus winning a hostange round by throwing the hostage out of the 2nd story of the house

this game is so much better with 5 people it's incredible

That was a lovely couple of matches!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
What this game really needs is a small renown boost for players who have a headset plugged in.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I ran into a guy last night who was probably the biggest rear end in a top hat I've met. Round one starts and he yells "there he is!" and snipes me in the head. Claims he missed and saw a guy through the door.

OK maybe.

Then round 2 started and he shotguns me. It became clear that two of the guys with him were partied cause they wouldn't vote to kick with me.

Then they kicked me in round 3.

They didn't, however, kick my buddy who shotgunned one of them and then quit. Good luck 2v5 dinguses.

His name was like Dublin or Duglin or something. gently caress that guy.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
It seems to me like Thatcher + IQ is a pretty viable combination, and would give both characters pretty solid uses...if people actually used nitro cells and Smoke gas as area denial instead of extra grenades.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

It seems to me like Thatcher + IQ is a pretty viable combination, and would give both characters pretty solid uses...if people actually used nitro cells and Smoke gas as area denial instead of extra grenades.

The problem with them as area denial is that because of the basics of how those weapons work, they aren't really viable as anything but fancy grenades.

Nitros give away their presence by way of sound, meaning they're not viable as a proper trap because there is no surprise if they're used that way, and the sound makes them very easy to find and deal to such an extent that can't be effective area denial.

Smoke's gas works a lot better for proper area denial, but because these things work by way of alternating between deploying a gadget and activating the last deployed gadget, Smoke can't just run around and setup multiple gas bombs and then detonate them individually or all at once, and so there is no incentive to pre-emptively leave gas lying around that IQ or Thatcher could deal with, in part because it would be leaving poo poo around that is vulnerable to IQ/Thatcher.

Whether they're used as defacto grenades or not doesn't really matter, Thatcher remains a good pick and IQ remains a bad one.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

lohli posted:

Thatcher remains a good pick and IQ remains a bad one.

When will this meme end

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
IMO Thatcher should only get one EMP grenade which would buff IQ by making her help him decide where to use it. He gets three and they all have the blast radius of a goddamn nuke it's crazy.

Also IQ should be able to hack like one electronic per match, without destroying it. Then you could disable a signal jammer or whatever without the defender's knowing you're there so that you can like, stealth plant a breaching charge or something.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tried a few matches tonight, don't know if we came across hackers or just really bizarre lag but it was a mess. Also I still say that you shouldn't be able to throw nitro cells.

Pfox posted:

What this game really needs is a small renown boost for players who have a headset plugged in.

As necessary as communication is in this game, I would take a Push To Talk feature over this so I can play without hearing someone blaring music or TV or domestic drama in the background.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

There is a push to talk feature. I have mine bound to Caps Lock, though it still seems apparently spotty whether or not individual people can hear me. Not sure why. I think some people are just stupid and don't listen.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Zaodai posted:

There is a push to talk feature. I have mine bound to Control, though it still seems apparently spotty whether or not individual people can hear me. Not sure why. I think some people are just stupid and don't listen.

Should clarify that I am stupidly playing this on PS4, which is an Open Mic Party and everyone is invited.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

The Duggler posted:

When will this meme end

When IQ gets a gadget worth a poo poo :v:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

Time to gitgud goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ld4awl4r0g

Has anyone else played these jokers? My friends and I did tonight and we beat them 3-2 while they talked poo poo the entire time. They are either really really bad at the game or being intentionally bad to troll people while obviously hacking. Quoting Hard so maybe he can drop by customer service and hit a switch to ban them :v:

If I get a bug up my rear end I'll try to upload the match we had.

EDIT: Still processing, please don't make fun of our insult game, it was weak this match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F5XdC4ntzI

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

lohli posted:

When IQ gets a gadget worth a poo poo :v:

iq makes up for it by having the best guns on the attacking team.

• Locked thread