Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Metalshark posted:

How long does it take to do Chapter 10 and what are the rewards? Oh, and is it at all interesting and/or fun?

Not long, 15 spirit and 1 more point to your favorite three basics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Metalshark posted:

How long does it take to do Chapter 10 and what are the rewards? Oh, and is it at all interesting and/or fun?

The cutscenes are AMAZING. The move from YouTube to vimeo hosting has really upped the video quality too.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Gibbering Madness posted:

The cutscenes are AMAZING. The move from YouTube to vimeo hosting has really upped the video quality too.

:psyduck: I noticed the youtube overlay went away, but didn't realize it's because they shifted services instead of, you know, just putting them back in the game. If they encoded it right (lol) those videos could not possibly be a large enough expenditure to justify the "we want to decrease the initial download" schtick they were claiming. I don't even.... wait I easily have enough hours in this game that I totally do understand. :gaz:

Looking forward to it!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wow fellow goon Nim998 has channeled his inner Lozareth and become the new champion of DR Strange:

3:43 ttk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tepSHOmSkIY

His build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/33914/

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

That can't be Dr Strange because he's only using one bar.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

That can't be Dr Strange because he's only using one bar.

I use that nifty hotkey utility posted on the oforums and bind a bunch of stuff to mouse buttons.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh snap, didn't realize this update was so near.

Guess I'll have something to play around with when I get home from work.

Also new rebrand screen is pretty cool!

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Wow fellow goon Nim998 has channeled his inner Lozareth and become the new champion of DR Strange:

3:43 ttk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tepSHOmSkIY

His build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/33914/

he has a djinn. its unfair

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Differo Cathedra posted:

How's the controller support? Forgot to check it on test. I know people were somewhat ok with it other than using more than one bar or teleporting.

Also if someone has invisible woman, wouldn't it be most canon to not post a time. Asking for a friend.

I played it on TC and it's not bad. As someone who gets incredibly bad carpal tunnel playing this bullshit for 100 hrs, I felt pretty good controlling fuckers like Psylocke and Deadpool. The controls take some getting used to and you're still gonna probably use the mouse for menus (it's just fucken impossible to navigate thru items with just a stick) but it was actually pretty serviceable. Not as precise with a few skills as a mouse would be but still got the job done better than I thought.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Deakul posted:

Oh snap, didn't realize this update was so near.

Yeah it's real near.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

punchymcpunch posted:

Yeah it's real near.

True.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Lord Yellowmans Worthy Sacrifices

Cyclops - 10 (Bladeleader, stupidsexyflanders, Lozareth, ICR, davebo, derspatchel, BRUCEWAYANS, swaggerwocky, cedricthecat, Atwes, hvac, joshrabinowitz)

Please add me, Nulos, to the Cyclops list.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

Yeah it's real near.

It is ryolnir, yeah.

Very excited.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I posted on TC last night to no response, but Black Cat's Nine Lives mechanic is completely broken again right now, I'm losing 2-4 lives per death. Doesn't matter, gotta push her live!!!!

I did at least verify that it's not counting them toward raid counters, so that's, you know, something.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

at least our progression raids wont be ruined by some dumbo playing black cat

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

I posted on TC last night to no response, but Black Cat's Nine Lives mechanic is completely broken again right now, I'm losing 2-4 lives per death. Doesn't matter, gotta push her live!!!!

I did at least verify that it's not counting them toward raid counters, so that's, you know, something.

Have you tried not dying?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I think they just left off the trench.

So follow this

All characters on that graphic are playable...except for 1...

Not true, they have Emma on there.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 29, 2016

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ten minutes to patch o'clock.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm sure glad they balanced her uniques around this very awesome mechanic.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Takin' bets on how long the servers will be down.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Skippy McPants posted:

13.7 hours

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

my guess is they will be down until at least 7PM EST

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Skippy McPants posted:

Depends. If Ryolnir sees his shadow on the way to pre-brunch hotdogs then it's down for six more weeks.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

my guess is they will be down until at least 7PM EST

I'm going with 3pm est.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I think the servers will be back on time because I got a good feeling about 2016 and the former CEO of Jellystone National Park.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also I'm gonna start doing raids again. We are pretty fast at doing all of them now and axis raid is pretty easy now. And it's about to get easier with the new items that are tuned so high even Stevie Wonder can see the power.

I'll probably run some this weekend without a doubt. The quest for the Jinn lives on.

I've got a zest to play and hope to see you jokers online.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Wait what happened, why is there a new thread?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Drythe posted:

Wait what happened, why is there a new thread?
Marvel Heroes 2016

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Also I'm gonna start doing raids again. We are pretty fast at doing all of them now and axis raid is pretty easy now. And it's about to get easier with the new items that are tuned so high even Stevie Wonder can see the power.

I'll probably run some this weekend without a doubt. The quest for the Jinn lives on.

I've got a zest to play and hope to see you jokers online.
Would love to get in on Axis since I haven't run it yet.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HandsomeBen posted:

Would love to get in on Axis since I haven't run it yet.

No worries. We ran it last time with a guy who I don't think has ever even raided in game and we ran train on sentinels.

Felt good.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It's kinda like we are getting two new characters this patch. Hardly anybody was playing Deadpool beforehand and with his rework, he is VERY different now. If you never got the chance to play him on Test Center, you're really in for a treat.

If Cable got the best review of 2015, I think Deadpool can arguably take second place here. He has a lot of build options, two of which are verified strong for endgame (his melee and ranged both check out for DPS and are verified by the TTK guys who care about that stuff). His hybrid is also very solid, but slightly behind the previous mentioned.

Black Cat, who came out as one of the worst characters on first iteration of TC is looking much, much better. There's still some bugs and while she should have been held back a few days, she is gonna feel great to play. Her whips builds are very fresh and the animations on them are sick. I'm a huge fan of the whips kit. Two signatures as well, one of which is stupid and one that is great. While yes, there are bugs and some issues, overall, we got a solid B character here.

Controller support is nice for those who want to chill. It will take some getting used to, but like anything, you do it long enough and it'll feel natural.

New...CONTENT?!? Yes, there will be Chapter 10 FINALLY! And a new Patrol zone in Hightown to match ICP AND MM!

Crafting rework? This is a huge QoL for the game and if you have hated breaking down and creating elements and other stupid poo poo, that's gone forever. Praise Allah.

Lastly, the final thing that matters to me is lots of new gear. Many of us play this game to gear out our favorite characters and yep, we can do that with the new zones. Over a dozen new bosses will debut today and many have their own special drops with excellent rolls. There's a new Slot 4 that makes the Coat of the Skull look like babyweight. Thanks item budget!

I'm kinda excited to log in today! Stay awhile and glisten.

If you've been super inactive, Limbo should be in today too for that event. It's cool.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh and there's a guy who solo'd limbo with Deadpool and he has 5,000 omegas. Dude is ready to go.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Where does that new slot 4 drop from I think I need one

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's kinda like we are getting two new characters this patch. Hardly anybody was playing Deadpool beforehand and with his rework, he is VERY different now. If you never got the chance to play him on Test Center, you're really in for a treat.

If Cable got the best review of 2015, I think Deadpool can arguably take second place here. He has a lot of build options, two of which are verified strong for endgame (his melee and ranged both check out for DPS and are verified by the TTK guys who care about that stuff). His hybrid is also very solid, but slightly behind the previous mentioned.

Black Cat, who came out as one of the worst characters on first iteration of TC is looking much, much better. There's still some bugs and while she should have been held back a few days, she is gonna feel great to play. Her whips builds are very fresh and the animations on them are sick. I'm a huge fan of the whips kit. Two signatures as well, one of which is stupid and one that is great. While yes, there are bugs and some issues, overall, we got a solid B character here.

Controller support is nice for those who want to chill. It will take some getting used to, but like anything, you do it long enough and it'll feel natural.

New...CONTENT?!? Yes, there will be Chapter 10 FINALLY! And a new Patrol zone in Hightown to match ICP AND MM!

Crafting rework? This is a huge QoL for the game and if you have hated breaking down and creating elements and other stupid poo poo, that's gone forever. Praise Allah.

Lastly, the final thing that matters to me is lots of new gear. Many of us play this game to gear out our favorite characters and yep, we can do that with the new zones. Over a dozen new bosses will debut today and many have their own special drops with excellent rolls. There's a new Slot 4 that makes the Coat of the Skull look like babyweight. Thanks item budget!

I'm kinda excited to log in today! Stay awhile and glisten.

If you've been super inactive, Limbo should be in today too for that event. It's cool.

i cant wait for black cat to whip me

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!
Don't think anyone mentioned yet - patch is 2.9 gigs. Installing now so I'm ready* to play in a few weeks hours when the servers come back up.

*For a given value of ready.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Aphrodite posted:

Have you tried not dying?
no, because I was specifically testing nine lives, you rude jerkface :mad:

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

no, because I was specifically testing nine lives, you rude jerkface :mad:

Hey I don't remember these threads being a negative space. Please keep it positive internet friend.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Two signatures as well, one of which is stupid and one that is great.
I'm trying to imagine what someone stupid enough to use Cat Scratch Fever would look like and all I'm picturing is that one fish that looks like a sad melting blob

HandsomeBen posted:

I'm sure glad they balanced her uniques around this very awesome mechanic.
this guy gets it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Lux Aeterna posted:

Hey I don't remember these threads being a negative space. Please keep it positive internet friend.

I'm sorry, friends. You're right. No one here is a jerkface, especially Aphrodite. We all love each other and Marvel Heroes!!!!!!!!!

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Great game, great thread

Our community really is what keeps this game fun.

I'm really glad we get to share these experiences together.

Are leaderboards in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm trying to imagine what someone stupid enough to use Cat Scratch Fever would look like and all I'm picturing is that one fish that looks like a sad melting blob

You can continue using spenders during cat scratch fever because Gaz.

Edit: At least you could in one of the like 20 test versions that went up in the past two days.

• Locked thread