Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Notahippie posted:

Does anybody know what the official carrying capacity of the UCM drop carriers is? For fun (I'm a big ol' nerd) I've been trying to figure out what the basic structure and doctrine of the UCM military is. I assume that the doctrine will be based around a unit of maneuver that fits on one dropship, but I don't know if that's a battalion or a brigade or what. I figure if you assume that each condor carries a platoon of troops, you can estimate the unit based on the number of condors in a typical ship, with the other dropships giving you some input about the associated support units.

IIRC they built a 10mm scale strike carrier, which carried something like 200 condors. It's possible Dropfleet's book will have more information on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Notahippie posted:

Does anybody know what the official carrying capacity of the UCM drop carriers is? For fun (I'm a big ol' nerd) I've been trying to figure out what the basic structure and doctrine of the UCM military is. I assume that the doctrine will be based around a unit of maneuver that fits on one dropship, but I don't know if that's a battalion or a brigade or what. I figure if you assume that each condor carries a platoon of troops, you can estimate the unit based on the number of condors in a typical ship, with the other dropships giving you some input about the associated support units.

Strike Carriers are quite giant...

If you look at the numbers it looks like something like 100 bays for the dropships. Even if you assume one per bay that's a ton.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Notahippie posted:

Try looking up The Avenger, the massive show model Hawk made for their convention stand. It is a Dropzone scale troop ship and Hawk have said how many Condors are on it. Maybe check Beasts of War's DzC hub and go back about a year?

That list looks pretty solid to me Flipswitch. The Seraphim isn't about killing mans in houses though, it is about killing the houses that the mans are in. The Bunkerbuster bomb's demo-D6 means that you can be multiplying the damage done to buildings by up to x6 so its a potential 12DP off a building per hit. You would then get 12 falling masonry rolls which can put the hurt on infantry. Mostly though you want to just collapse the building around them.

Edit - I see I missed posts about The Avenger. So yeah, that beast.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I believe I've heard someone from Hawk saying the Avenger has 68 dropships. The display stand itself actually has a breakdown of the crew and support craft aboard (there are Archangels and Seraphim in an upper hangar that isn't obvious in these photos). If you're lucky, someone might have a photo of the front panel.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

Useful Information

Looks like you're going down, boy !

Also, light on the AAA

(I'm playing in the same escalation as FlipSwitch, and therefore won't be posting my list here :P )

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

^^^ pussy, 1v1 me bro

Ugleb posted:

That list looks pretty solid to me Flipswitch. The Seraphim isn't about killing mans in houses though, it is about killing the houses that the mans are in. The Bunkerbuster bomb's demo-D6 means that you can be multiplying the damage done to buildings by up to x6 so its a potential 12DP off a building per hit. You would then get 12 falling masonry rolls which can put the hurt on infantry. Mostly though you want to just collapse the building around them.
That seems pretty beastly, I'm still trying to grokk how the building combat stuff works as I've only just seen it in motion. The idea of a bunker buster bomber flying overhead is also, really, really cool. I really dig the FM mechanic from a flavour POV compared to usual fliers hovering around in other wargames.

I'm definitely gonna give that list a spin as is, I built the last of it today. Do people usually mix up the Wolverines or go for a squad of one type?

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Loxbourne posted:

I believe I've heard someone from Hawk saying the Avenger has 68 dropships. The display stand itself actually has a breakdown of the crew and support craft aboard (there are Archangels and Seraphim in an upper hangar that isn't obvious in these photos). If you're lucky, someone might have a photo of the front panel.

That would suggest that each Avenger could carry about a battalion, using modern US Army designations. I'm assuming a 2:1 ratio of mechanized infantry to armor, and a 1:10 command vehicle ratio. That would put the combat arms personnel on the dropships at about 700, which would be a battalion size. There's probably a second wave of maintenance and logistics troops that would either stay aboard the ship or be dropped later depending on the operation.

That suggests that each legion has a shitload of Avengers on hand. If each one has a million people plus attached armored corps then they'll need a fleet of around 1,000 Avengers per legion. The admin and logistics burden for each legion is going to be fierce.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
There are also larger Troopships (based on the cruiser model) that hold more troops than an Avenger does. I'm not entirely sure how much more, but let's do some back-of-the-envelope math.

Avenger model is 62mm. San Fancisco Class Troopship is 107mm.

Divide 107^3 by 62^3 and you get 5.14, so the Troopship will likely carry 5-10x as many troops. It probably has a higher ratio of infantry to armor, if you can believe its designation.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I'm making the assumption that what Dropfleet calls a troopship is actually referring to a ship that deploys all ground forces. That is typically shorthand used in sci-fi and would make sense as Dropzone is all about combined arms.

Thinking about it, I don't think there are any heavy or light dropships on the Avenger, just condors. Hmm.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

hawk forum posted:

UCM - 9
Scourge - 11
PHR - 9
Shaltari - 5
Resistance - 15
Unknown - 1

Here's the Invasion attendance for the weekend - I can't help but think I picked the wrong army with Shaltari! Then again, they do seem to have had some changes recently as I brought the 1500pt starter, which turned out to be about 1800 after the nerfs.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Incy posted:

Here's the Invasion attendance for the weekend - I can't help but think I picked the wrong army with Shaltari! Then again, they do seem to have had some changes recently as I brought the 1500pt starter, which turned out to be about 1800 after the nerfs.

You should be fine, those are really showing popularity - the Shaltari got a well deserved nerf, but it may have been a bit to far - although its hard to tell, as a lot of the biug boys moved away from Shaltari as they felt they were winning becuase of the race, not their skill.

My stats from Invasion have the following W/L/D percentages

pre:
	        Win	Draw	Lose
PHR	        47.50%	18.75%	33.75%
Resistance	44.62%	15.38%	40.00%
Scourge	        48.89%	8.89%	42.22%
Shaltari	45.00%	15.00%	40.00%
UCM	        38.67%	10.67%	50.67%
Dammit! Don't post before I'm done!

This is data from 305 games across a massive skill level difference. As you can see, everyone is pretty well balanced. The UCM suffer a little, but they may just be being used my more newbie commanders due to their presence in the starter set - on the other hand the Scourge winn the most games, but are all or nothing and draw the fewest.

Science geek that I am, I'm looking forward to adding another 250+ games to this spreadsheet and seeing how the numbers change.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 27, 2016

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

You should be fine, those are really showing popularity - the Shaltari got a well deserved nerf, but it may have been a bit to far - although its hard to tell, as a lot of the biug boys moved away from Shaltari as they felt they were winning becuase of the race, not their skill.

My stats from Invasion have the following W/L/D percentages

pre:
	        Win	Draw	Lose
PHR	        47.50%	18.75%	33.75%
Resistance	44.62%	15.38%	40.00%
Scourge	        48.89%	8.89%	42.22%
Shaltari	45.00%	15.00%	40.00%
UCM	        38.67%	10.67%	50.67%
Dammit! Don't post before I'm done!

This is data from 305 games across a massive skill level difference. As you can see, everyone is pretty well balanced. The UCM suffer a little, but they may just be being used my more newbie commanders due to their presence in the starter set - on the other hand the Scourge winn the most games, but are all or nothing and draw the fewest.

Science geek that I am, I'm looking forward to adding another 250+ games to this spreadsheet and seeing how the numbers change.

Makes sense when you think about it - Scourge are fragile enough to be a bit all-or-nothing, whereas the toughness of most PHR vehicles means that it's hard to completely overwhelm a decent player. Plus, cheaper Medusas at the time? Or rather, Valkyries and Medusas having just been released which meant that 'fast' PHR got its first outing.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Oh yeah, the Meta go so shaken up, I know I had no plans to deal with double medusa lists - in fact, I drew one game, won two and lost hard to the same list - 2 medusa, 2 Valkyres, 2 phobos and four Helios. I was running a air heavy UCM and this was kyrptonite to me.

I was soooo happy when I faced what was basically the same list twice.

Scourge should do well again, the Raider/screamer combo, if used right, can give them the edge in infantry combat. if Mike runs his UCM again though, it will be murder - That list with 4 Falcons, a Phoenix and two Archangels was literal murder.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
The phoenix does seem very good, particularly when combined with the drones for saturation of air targets. I wish more of my AA had arrived in time.

The key thing I'm finding with Shaltari is that gates are very, very expensive. I wanted to take a lot of them because they are really fragile and teleporting looks very tactically interesting, but then I don't really have anything to transport about. Hopefully I'll settle on balance soon.

Phaelog
Jun 27, 2009

Notahippie posted:

Here's a link to the video of the Avenger (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1IxT8VSDSs). Dave mentions some numbers and they later zoom in on the cutaway display with some detailed information. There's more there than what I'm going to list (and some numbers I may be futzing due to resolution) but this ship is stacked:

100 Condors
6 Albatrosses
12 Raven-As
18 Raven-Bs
6 Falcons

99 Sabres
60 Rapiers
12 Gladii
8 Scimitars
9 Katanas
9 Fireblades
64 Bears
5 Kodiaks
3 Ferrums
1 Chromia class Orbital Relay Base (anyone heard of this thing before?)
36 Wolverines

6 Seraphims
Something I couldn't see (probably at least Archangels)

1000 Legionaries
30 Praetorians

Didn't see the Phoenix. I guess it's either carried on the San Francisco class or it's not part of a default loadout for a New Orleans.

Edit: I can't have both of my posts in this thread start with "To add".

Phaelog fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jan 27, 2016

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Ugleb posted:

I'm making the assumption that what Dropfleet calls a troopship is actually referring to a ship that deploys all ground forces. That is typically shorthand used in sci-fi and would make sense as Dropzone is all about combined arms.

Thinking about it, I don't think there are any heavy or light dropships on the Avenger, just condors. Hmm.

They mentioned in some video somewhere (Beasts of war mabye?) that the strike carriers carry more elite troops (probably higher armor groups in this case) while the San Francisco's carry more massed rank and file.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Pash posted:

They mentioned in some video somewhere (Beasts of war mabye?) that the strike carriers carry more elite troops (probably higher armor groups in this case) while the San Francisco's carry more massed rank and file.

I've always assumed that dropzone was featuring the more unique parts of a battlefield rather than the main fighting. Recon missions, extractions and other specialized missions.

The implied short timescale of a game says both sides are trying to get the job done before the masses turn up and turn the whole city into ruins. Which is why all the buildings are intact at the start of the game.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Pash posted:

Was this in the three part playthrough of DFC on Beasts of War? I think the UCM strike carriers had elite troops while the scourge mothership had regular ones, and the UCM troop ship was brought up briefly.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Incy posted:

Was this in the three part playthrough of DFC on Beasts of War? I think the UCM strike carriers had elite troops while the scourge mothership had regular ones, and the UCM troop ship was brought up briefly.

Ya I think thats where its from. I think the idea, as suggested by Grey Hunter, is that the Strike Carriers drop in the elite troops first and they do recon and stuff (as played out in dropzone) and then the San Fansico's deliver the main army.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

a 6mm massed battle game.....

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Grey Hunter posted:

a 6mm massed battle game.....

You are obsessed with tiny man's.

But hey I'm grappling with a 28mm hospital taking up half my dining table right now so I can't argue too much I guess.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Ugleb posted:

You are obsessed with tiny man's.

But hey I'm grappling with a 28mm hospital taking up half my dining table right now so I can't argue too much I guess.

Gods own scale. Gods own scale.

28mm for skirmishes/sports
15mm for company level games
10mm for Dropzone
6mm if you actually want it to look like a battle.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Phaelog posted:

Here's a link to the video of the Avenger (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1IxT8VSDSs). Dave mentions some numbers and they later zoom in on the cutaway display with some detailed information. There's more there than what I'm going to list (and some numbers I may be futzing due to resolution) but this ship is stacked:

100 Condors
6 Albatrosses
12 Raven-As
18 Raven-Bs
6 Falcons

99 Sabres
60 Rapiers
12 Gladii
8 Scimitars
9 Katanas
9 Fireblades
64 Bears
5 Kodiaks
3 Ferrums
1 Chromia class Orbital Relay Base (anyone heard of this thing before?)
36 Wolverines

6 Seraphims
Something I couldn't see (probably at least Archangels)

1000 Legionaries
30 Praetorians

Didn't see the Phoenix. I guess it's either carried on the San Francisco class or it's not part of a default loadout for a New Orleans.

Edit: I can't have both of my posts in this thread start with "To add".

Based on that, here's a rough TOE for a Avenger-carried battalion. One possibility is that this is for one type of armor-heavy division, and the San Franciscos carry more infantry-heavy loadouts. This TOE is a little weird, but it fits with the numbers above.

Battalion
HQ company
HQ platoon
1x Kodiak
3x Praetorian teams
1x Raven-A
3x Armored company
CO platoon
3 Sabres
3 Katanas
5x Armored platoons
6x Sabres
1x Light armored platoon
6x Katanas
4 Mechanized infantry companies
HQ platoon
1x Kodiak
6x Rifle platoons
6x rifle squads
2x Bears
1xSupport platoon
2x Mortar squads
2x Flak squads
4x Bears
1x Forward support company
HQ platoon
1x Ferrum
3x Fireblades
2 Gladius platoons
6x Gladii
2 Scimitar platoons
4x Scimitars
1x Fireblade platoon
6x Fireblades
2x Ferrum platoons
1x Ferrum
2x Falcon platoons
3x Falcons
1x Air defense company
HQ platoon
6x Rapiers
9x Air defense platoons
6x Rapiers
1x Reconaissance company
HQ platoon
6x Wolverines
5x Reconaissance platoons
6x Wolverines
1x Logistics and maintenance company

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Cool, stick that on the official forums!

EDIT: Now that I remember it, alongside the San Francisco cruiser class there's also been mentions here and there of truly massive UCM "heavy barges" that come in when local space is secure and carry vast amounts of troops. These might be where the Avengers dock to load up, since I doubt they've got much endurance with all that stuff on board.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Loxbourne posted:

Cool, stick that on the official forums!

EDIT: Now that I remember it, alongside the San Francisco cruiser class there's also been mentions here and there of truly massive UCM "heavy barges" that come in when local space is secure and carry vast amounts of troops. These might be where the Avengers dock to load up, since I doubt they've got much endurance with all that stuff on board.

That would make sense if such a thing existed seeing as the New Orleans's Class Strike Cruisers and San Franciso's are part of the contingent that tries to get troops on the ground while the space combat is still going on.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yo dudes got a bit of a question on experimental units. Are these legal for tournament or league play? Someone is asking me as im TOing for an escalation league and I'm assuming these are not legal for tournament play.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Yo dudes got a bit of a question on experimental units. Are these legal for tournament or league play? Someone is asking me as im TOing for an escalation league and I'm assuming these are not legal for tournament play.

All experimental units are legal - the only units that are not are the famous commanders.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cheers dude!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Skipping out on Invasion as still haven't managed to get a game in... and my PHR are still in the process of getting some paint. Some progress though (crossposted from the Oath thread);

Colour scheme is still a bit of a pain due to the need for repeated tidying along the panel lines, but use of thinner/flow release for shading has sped things up a bit. That and copious use of weathering liquids to grunge them up somewhat.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Some invasion pics have turned up on the Hawk forums;

http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8024

Looks funky - PHR getting more artillery, plus an 'Angelos A2' which looks like a Nanomachine hub, and the 'Njord Assault dropship', which is some kind of horrendously-up-gunned Poseidon. Oh, and a 'Menchit A2' which I can't make out very well, and a flamethrower-armed Jetskimmer. Really like that Njord though.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

LazyAngel posted:

Colour scheme is still a bit of a pain due to the need for repeated tidying along the panel lines, but use of thinner/flow release for shading has sped things up a bit. That and copious use of weathering liquids to grunge them up somewhat.

Those PHR look great. Hang in there!

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I've liked the idea of a direct fire longbow for a while now. I'm wondering what kind of abilities the Crossbow has since this theodel definitely looks like a narrow fire arc and even with infinite range it's going to the really hard to line anything up without a last/first doubletap.

So it basically needs something that let's it fire outside the normal rules.
I could see it getting some sort of reaction fire equivalent so it could overwatch a narrow corridor.
The only other thing i can think of is lightninf reflexes or whatever the ability that lets you fire after unloading is called but that doesn't feel like a good fit thematically to me.

And good to know that when i get around to scratchbuilding falcon gunpods for my ravens i can knock out some missile pods in the same go :v:

Edit: I do like those PHR LazyAngel but i can definitely see how it could be a bit of a pain with cleanups. On the other hand it encourages you to learn and stay within the lines :v:

Bistromatic fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 30, 2016

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

The SA invasion attendees have been embroiled in gaming and socialising so a proper update is going to wait!

Quick comments:

The amount of Dropzone stuff coming out is very impressive considering that Hawk are pushing hard to get Dropfleet out.

The new Poseidon, the Njord, drops carrying capacity down to 4 walkers but gains two missile pods each with two E10 shots. So four shots total!

The Angelos A2 has a flame turret.

The Menchit A2 drops machine guns for an L-2 E10 missile weapon allowing it to tank hunt as a secondary role to burning people. The regular Menchit will never be used again!

The Helios variant is a black nanomachine attack, details in flux I think.

The Ravager variant, Corrupter, is the Razorworm launcher, so awesome.

The minder variant is something like two E6 shots per model in squads of up to 8 models. It is meant to be the Scourge counter to the Medusa and technicals.

The Desolater variant is interesting. It will have limited AT/AA of its own but is actually a buffing unit. It can buff units with plasma weapons to give them either extra range or increased energy. This could be awesome.

Then there is the other stuff. More info to come but it has been a long day! Any questions people want asked?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
The new Dropfleet images trickling out onto the internet seem to include a PHR frigate with shield panels. Is there going to be a shielding mechanic for them in-game?

EDIT: Have we seen all the Dropfleet UCM stuff so far?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I'm most interested in when the repackaged dual option blisters are going to hit. I've actually been holding off purchases because i want multiple options to magnetise instead of the current single ones.

Apart from that of course the new UCM units, especially the Crossbow and the new Seraphim. Will the Crossbow have any special firing rules like i speculated? What's the retaliators deal?

And if you want to talk about more general game design stuff i've been wondering forever why they chose the damage table instead of comparing Energy + d6 to Armor and if it's higher you do damage. Up the current armor ratings by four and you get the exact same outcomes while feeling much more intuitive IMO.

Oh, and any current plans to make APCs more attractive?

If you're really running out of stuff: Are they considering any changes to Fast Movers or FACs? Or are they happy with where they are now?

Bistromatic fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 31, 2016

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Ugleb posted:

Any questions people want asked?

Shaltari Firebug - is that flame-weapons as well ?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

It sounds like the new unit variants will be in the repacked blisters. Dave is keen to get them out and keen to refresh the packaging, bottleneck has been that Hawks graphic design duty is shared between him and Louis and neither persons main job. They are going to hire a graphic designer to solve that.

I don't think anything is happening with apc or fast movers at the moment, between this new wave of units and Dropfleet they are hard pressed.

The PHR frig with Shields on it is some kind of ECM ship. As those things look just like the Erebos I'm guessing it's a similar rule like messing with targeting.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's a summary of the new Dropzone units that I found on Hawk's little forum:

Some nerd posted:

Scourge
Corruptor - Razor worm firing gunship/transport the "Projectiles" can cause damage to buildings the worms are fired at like a small boarding torpedo.
Monitor - This is a light anti tank minder. It's weapons are mainly aimed at anti scout but there may have been a mention about it being effective against medusa so it's likely got just a few shots.
Overseer - Desolator variant, Buffs the range of nearby plasma weapons and has a token attack (So not very offensive on its own) the range increase is currently suggested to be 6".

Resistance
Memhed - This is a demolition tank, it's a heavy unit with blowing up buildings in mind.
Thunder Wagon - Big Explosive missile. Suggested to use the Large blast but also only firing one missile within the squad a turn, naturally one use per vehicle.
Typhoon - Cyclone with something like the Phoenix Chain guns so more direct, powerful AT.

UCM
Crossbow - Scimitar grade laser on a static platform. Dropped in by raven like the longbow. This will be a very cheap unit because it can't move but it also will lose the Marksmans touch rule
Falcon B - Missile falcon which "May or may not be AA".
Seraphim Retaliator - All the missiles forever. It's a more anti tank focused variant.

Shaltari
Firebird - Very short range powerful weapon with a focus towards building Demo.
Leopard - Dreamsnare weapons with the shield buffer swapped out for another Anti tank weapon. Very short range think an AT knife fighter. (The Jaguar taken to the extreme in AT)
Panther - Unlimited range AA, 3 shots, energy 8 (maybe 7) ACC 3+ and -3 to hit when reaction firing. Personal thoughts are this will be a risk/reward unit. The more you expose it the better you get from it but the more vulnerable it becomes.

PHR
Thor - Barrage variant of the Taranis. Closer to standard Artillery.
Menchit A2 - swaps the 2 mini guns for 2 skyhammer missiles which can be fired without a mercury.
Njord - Sorry JD, don't know too much about this one beyond it transport 4 vehicles and gets a good number of missile shots off. No AA. I think the fine details here are being mulled over.
Aether (Helios A2) - Skimmer with the Triton - X black nano machine swarm (So IF, no blast)
Angelos A2 - Yep, it's an angelos with a flamer, roast a building, drop troops out, get stuck in.

Where appropriate, these new units mark the start of the Hawk consolidation of stock codes as new components will be added to existing kits. E.g. the Panther will be a combined Ocelot/Panther kit.

Additional news - Book 2 of the reconquest is coming along nicely and will feature a host of rules for weather and terrain effects. Think night fighting, heavy rain, low gravity, high gravity, extreme temperatures etc.
Book 3 is planned to feature upgrades for units to eat up those last few points left in a list. Hunter killer missiles, support weapons, swapping a base in one infantry unit for another and so forth.

Naturally all this is subject to change so please bear that in mind and there's probably going to be a few more bits found out today by various people but again, looks like we've got a lot to look forward to.

Dave is wanting to have these units out before Dropfleet's release with the first of which aimed for Salute.

Pretty much all of that sounds pretty good. It's nice to see that Dropzone will continue to get solid support even as they work on Dropfleet. Hopefully they won't overextend themselves.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Anyone have any images of the Dropfleet stuff? Its supposedly on some facebook page but its a close ground so I have to wait for a while to get approved...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
if you can ignore some german text, almost everything is reposted here http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/?p=162150

only thing i don't see in there is this photo of renders

that said, i think it's idiotic that the group is closed. It feels like it's solely a ploy to get people to join instead of just looking. What in there needs to be kept secret from outsiders?

Edit: did some quick measuring of the pdf templates and assuming a narrow fire arc on the Crossbow it should have a 4" wide arc at 24" range.

Bistromatic fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 1, 2016