Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Sitting on the toilet reading the SC thread, ran out of thread before I ran out of poops from my bhole

Caught_up_with_thread.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Wait we need catte pics! Here is my little demon going in to chew on a dollar store USB cord!

Ever worried Russian Blue. Are Russian Blue's always this perma tense?

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 29, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

All right goons. You need a platinum account to read this message says you all know the deal. We've spent the last couple of years joining all the orgs (that matter) involved in star citizen. Some of you are more involved in their activities than others. Doesn't matter. Start You need a platinum account to read this message.

Don't do enough to get kicked out if you can help it. Just sow the seeds of discontent and/or help them grow.

Star Citizen is failing, let's have fun tearing these tryhard orgs apart.

Goonspeed.

:patriot:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvsuQw1_ovM&t=1264s

:gary::gary::yarg:

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

WebDog posted:

I can easily see how Mo-cap can cause endless nightmares as the CryEngine documentation pretty much paints it as a dark art, especially in the cleanup phase where they warn you, repeatedly, that hours of work will be lost if something goes wrong.

I am surprised how even the Cryengine documentation has an unbiased view on SC devlopment:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Raskolnikov posted:

Wait we need catte pics! Here is my little demon going in to chew on a dollar store USB cord!

Your catte is lovely. Alas I have but internet cattes to share:

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

holy gently caress those guys are deluded

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I wondered about this too.

Presumably they won't be able to afford to drag the likes of Oldman, Serkis, Anderson, Hamill etc back into the studio to do more scenes so I guess as SQ42 plays out it will be populated by increasingly generic Sandi-calibre unknown ex-CSI Miami actors. I'm half expecting to see Michael Biehn pop up.

WebDog posted:

Mo-crap
Mo-cap isn't new to games - but it's still used sparingly as it's tough to manage. Most games only really use it under controlled circumstances, like a cutscene over player driven animation, as it presents more variables than you really would want and requires a tight ship to use effectively.

:words:

How difficult would it be to do a mix of mocap and, say, Source's face posing system? In other words, you use the performance capture to build a library of emotes and syllables (with a couple of different emotions represented) and then “just” feed the system the script, letting it create the animation rather than rely on constant re-shoots whenever you want to add something new.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Eonwe posted:

im sure many are incredibly angry and projecting those feelings onto Derek

Absolutely this, it's the most sustained piece of projection I've seen on the internet, which seems to promote this kind of brokenness.

The helpless hatred that lead to the replies in this thread, there's some funny gifs in it, but this is my favourite part:

Star Citizen: your funny is downvoted.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This catte spent at least 15 minutes just staring at that wall.

Blagh Whiskas Project

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

One single-use Store Credit Buyback per ATV

quote:

[–]blue_paperclipFreelancer 16 points 12 hours ago

They have to be doing this deliberately. I cannot see them not being party to all this deliberate misleading of what the buyback clearly should have been: store credit only and not giftable.
Their excuse in the first pass was 'Turbulent misunderstood what we wanted so they put cash only buybacks'. Like really? That's a huge mix-up that possibly cannot be realistic. There are status updates, design decisions. Someone somewhere would have caught onto this.
And now this token system while keeping cash buybacks. I cannot see any other reason.

quote:

[–]ripptide111 3 points 9 hours ago

I'm more amazed at how many people actually accepted the "Turbulent did it" line. Seriously, does anyone actually think that Turbulent could have developed the system, tested it and then activate it on the CIG website without it being reviewed by anyone in the CIG headshed? If it was actually a problem from CIG's point of view it could have been de-activated for changes long ago. It's working exactly as they want it to.

Citizens up in arms, today is a good week for CIG :allears:

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

ewe2 posted:

Absolutely this, it's the most sustained piece of projection I've seen on the internet, which seems to promote this kind of brokenness.

The helpless hatred that lead to the replies in this thread, there's some funny gifs in it, but this is my favourite part:

those poor bastards.. they really don't know what to do or how to react

:shepspends::newfap::cry::derp::cry::newfap::shepspends:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I think, after CIG goes under, someone will get their hands on the books and discover that Sandi is innocent of all wrongdoings. She was just acting HR manager.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Tippis posted:

How difficult would it be to do a mix of mocap and, say, Source's face posing system? In other words, you use the performance capture to build a library of emotes and syllables (with a couple of different emotions represented) and then “just” feed the system the script, letting it create the animation rather than rely on constant re-shoots whenever you want to add something new.

Honestly, I still find this thing pretty loving amazing in the sense that it's able to do what it does with just a lovely webcam.
https://facerig.com/

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

spacetoaster posted:

All right goons. You need a platinum account to read this message says you all know the deal. We've spent the last couple of years joining all the orgs (that matter) involved in star citizen. Some of you are more involved in their activities than others. Doesn't matter. Start You need a platinum account to read this message.

Don't do enough to get kicked out if you can help it. Just sow the seeds of discontent and/or help them grow.

Star Citizen is failing, let's have fun tearing these tryhard orgs apart.

Goonspeed.

You need a platinum account to read this message

^this is awesome^

Like, he's one of the most visible backers out there and over $10k deep

Will be awesome to see him try to justify this to his lovely community

Also wulge weighs in: You need a platinum account to read this message

:wtchris:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Rudager posted:

Honestly, I still find this thing pretty loving amazing in the sense that it's able to do what it does with just a lovely webcam.

i can't stand that goddamned fox or almost any of the other models they have but the technology would be really cool if it wasn't hitched up to creepy-looking poo poo

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

Ever worried Russian Blue. Are Russian Blue's always this perma tense?

Yes. In their defence though, they are hard bastards. My old cat Max :rip: beat up a fox and brought home a loving seagull for presentation once.
Hard bastards.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

^this is awesome^

jesus.. is that even legal?

e: actually paaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppp bigger paaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

bumbles fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 29, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

trucutru posted:

The natives are getting restless

Are you a smug?

I'm very much a smug when catching up with the fart shitizen thread

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cats are dumb.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

^this is awesome^

Holy poo poo. Every time I think things are winding down into another lull, I see poo poo like this. Unbelievable.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Romes128 posted:

Cats are dumb.

Grand Admiral spotted.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
If you didn't know how awesome a smug is, this is a smug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSOr8fKItbE

PS

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

AugmentedVision posted:

Grand Admiral spotted.

More like rear admiral

Na mean?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Rudager posted:

Yeah, the tech is obviously out there — the question is just how much you can replicate the actor's appearance and not have it look really weird. I'd imagine that the whole problem of having different skeletal setups between the actor and the digital model would be hugely amplified for something as complex (or at least something we're as adept to read) as a face. And facerig still requires some visual input so the question is if it could be done — and if there would be any value to — by simply feeding it text marked up with the occasional /emote code or have it go by audio. Anything that doesn't require you to haul in the actor for a full-on capture session.

bumbles posted:

jesus.. is that even legal?

Only in Tennessee.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ewe2 posted:

I love winding up the shitizens on the subreddit. It's impossible to talk to them rationally, so I just shitpost and take the piss all the time. :)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Romes128 posted:

Cats are dumb.

:pgabz: but dere so cuuuuuutteee :pgabz:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Ledenko posted:

Of course it's nonsense, but how can cro have his movie without mocap? As it stands, SC is full of capably made art assets that only work well as static objects because *someone* won't compromise.

Oh, I know how:

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

:pgabz: but dere so cuuuuuutteee :pgabz:

That's a good catte

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
The most mind blowing thing to me at the moment is the posters I see on Reddit declaring that they've just now bought in. I get the whole sunk cost fallacy thing with existing backers who are already in this too deep, but what the gently caress is anyone new thinking to willingly dive now?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Romes128 posted:

Cats are dumb.

cats are the holy cows of the internet, shut up

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Breaking news! :siren: :siren: You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message admitted to hospital with a bottle in his anus, this has been poorly kept under wraps but You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message and it's all on medical records, she brought him in and the doctors noticed the residue on her coat and a Budweiser cap she was holding. :siren: :siren:

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 29, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

KM Scorchio posted:

The most mind blowing thing to me at the moment is the posters I see on Reddit declaring that they've just now bought in. I get the whole sunk cost fallacy thing with existing backers who are already in this too deep, but what the gently caress is anyone new thinking to willingly dive now?

They did finally release Star Marine after all

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also this: You need a Platinum Account to view this message

Please don't reddit this - the statute of limitations has run out after all, and it's not really a big deal

Just putting it here for reference :pgabz:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

KM Scorchio posted:

the shitshow isn't all that visible from the outside yet. The backers and a lot of the "gaming media" are still hyping this pile of garbage and they probably will until the exact second CIG folds.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

So since Elite Dangerous has planets now, people already found alien structures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4m3ntWpyas

And it's pretty loving spooky imho. The sounds and all :ohdear:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It's hard to keep track, but the latest word on Squadron 42 is it's going to be released in episodes, right? If that's the case, have they filmed all of the footage for Crobber's epic cutscenes at once?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

KM Scorchio posted:

50% of people are of dumber than the median, and the median is probably scarily low…

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

It's hard to keep track, but the latest word on Squadron 42 is it's going to be released in episodes, right? If that's the case, have they filmed all of the footage for Crobber's epic cutscenes at once?

well they've said they have 10 hours of lovely mocap thus far

so they need to film another 5 to get to 15 hours of "gameplay" for ep 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

SeldomSeen posted:

He's super chill. Before I picked him up, I made him a bed out of an old t-shirt and a shoe box. My wife was offended by this and insisted on buying him a stuffed fleece bed. He refuses to get in the fleece bed and is sleeping in the shoebox.

:3: :3:

Not to go all Pet Island "YOU ARE DOING CATTE WRONG!!!!11111 :argh:" on you, but you should move your cattes water away from his food. Your catte will be much happier

http://www.vetprofessionals.com/catprofessional/downloads/Tips%20for%20encouraging%20your%20cat%20to%20drink.pdf

• Locked thread