Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
instead of being a hispter, shaggy is a hipster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

good of a time as any to repost this

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
To be fair, making Shaggy a Dog Shaman is pretty drat clever.

Could have also made him a Rigger to make it kinda work.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

This is sort of cheating since it's from an official reboot.

From the same source

Looking forward to the influx of sexy Flintstones fanart, I guess.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Fred has bigger biceps than The Rock.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We'll have a gay old time.

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009
Good Christ Shaggy's chin is bigger that his forehead.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Nihilarian posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/X4UXiJL.jpg[/img][/timg]
So uh, guess Seth McFarlane didn't get to do his dream "Flinstones" reboot. This looks... better?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The properties also include a Johnny Quest series, which is redundant when Venture Bros. exists, which itself includes a serious depiction of Space Ghost, which literally nobody wanted.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The properties also include a Johnny Quest series, which is redundant when Venture Bros. exists, which itself includes a serious depiction of Space Ghost, which literally nobody wanted.

Don't forget! New Venture Bros. this Sunday, for the first time in like, 30 years

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FutonForensic posted:

Don't forget! New Venture Bros. this Sunday, for the first time in like, 30 years

Enjoy your eight episodes followed by another three-year hiatus.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Nihilarian posted:

From the same source

It's weird that this line includes radical stuff like the Scooby and Wacky Races reimaginings, and yet the Flintstones haven't really been redesigned at all. That's literally just the artist in question (Amanda Conner) drawing the characters in her usual style.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Wacky races in the style of Fury Road? I am loving down.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Barry Convex posted:

It's weird that this line includes radical stuff like the Scooby and Wacky Races reimaginings, and yet the Flintstones haven't really been redesigned at all. That's literally just the artist in question (Amanda Conner) drawing the characters in her usual style.

I think just seeing the flintstones drawn realistically is the redesign. Compared to the original:

It's quite an update. I like it far more than whatever it is they've done to scooby-doo.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

This is sort of cheating since it's from an official reboot.

Jesus, just make something new. Not everything needs to be gritty rebooted and crammed with internet culture.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, are you saying you DON'T want to see a tv show where Steve Buscemi is an undercover high school student?

Because if so then you and I are very different people.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'd really like to have a MUSIC|BAND T-shirt.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I'd really like to have a MUSIC|BAND T-shirt.

It's all over Amazon.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nihilarian posted:

From the same source

i'm the hairless, spotless cavewoman body next to the filthy unkempt cavemen

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
What are you talking about? Their hair is somewhat ruffled, that's downright hideous by most TV standards for women

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pomp posted:

Really? You, uh... you doing anything later? I could drive us somewhere down the street, through the courtesy of my two feet...

Because I don't have a car.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Danger Mahoney posted:

Jesus, just make something new. Not everything needs to be gritty rebooted and crammed with internet culture.

But then no one would read it because it doesn't have brand recognition.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Danger Mahoney posted:

Poochy owns :catbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Never stop fighting.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Haha, can't believe I managed to forget about this show

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Haha, can't believe I managed to forget about this show

I remember when it was first announced they named the main character buzz bunny not realizing that that was the name of a brand of vibrator or something lol

My friend told me he watched a bunch of the show to see how bad it was and that the main bad guy in charge of everything was granny

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Scooby thing is an early 2000s gritty reboot, but in a time where we realize how awful those were. Even if they play it for laughs, the concept is so stupid that people are laughing at it, not with it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember when it was first announced they named the main character buzz bunny not realizing that that was the name of a brand of vibrator or something lol

My friend told me he watched a bunch of the show to see how bad it was and that the main bad guy in charge of everything was granny

I remember watching one or two episodes of that show and thinking it was pretty bland, but Granny being a diabolical mastermind actually sounds pretty cool (although I'm sure in reality they found some way to make it boring)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Do you people co-ordinate these talks or something, I swear an identical conversation is happening in three threads at once.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Do you people co-ordinate these talks or something, I swear an identical conversation is happening in three threads at once.

Yes

and now it's time to talk about 0.5 A presses

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I remember watching one or two episodes of that show and thinking it was pretty bland, but Granny being a diabolical mastermind actually sounds pretty cool (although I'm sure in reality they found some way to make it boring)

lmfao

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Waffleman_ posted:

which itself includes a serious depiction of Space Ghost, which literally nobody wanted.

The Future quest book is using Brak as a serious villain. Brak.

I would link to something stupid from his show, but the only way to do that is apparently full episodes.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Don't send in the clowns
They always make me frown

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

I would link to something stupid from his show, but the only way to do that is apparently full episodes.

Serious space ghost is already a thing.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Pomp posted:

the cavemen are also spotless, they just have body hair and a beard

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Serious space ghost is already a thing.

Serious Space Ghost has been a thing for decades. It was a thing before—and is, in fact, the reason why—Funny Space Ghost was ever a thing.

Next you're gonna tell me why Serious Birdman shouldn't be a thing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Anora posted:

My one wish is that they give him the same personality he had on The Brak show and that his Mother and Father are his sidekicks.

I would read the poo poo out of that comic book if that happened.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Serious Space Ghost has been a thing for decades. It was a thing before—and is, in fact, the reason why—Funny Space Ghost was ever a thing.

Next you're gonna tell me why Serious Birdman shouldn't be a thing.

It's not even that it was "a thing before", it was literally originally a very serious (but crappy) Hanna Barbara cartoon. Cartoon Network was created by Turner, which owned Hanna Barbara, as a venue to broadcast all of their content. You see, they were already selling that content to other networks, so, why not make your own network that constantly runs all this content you already have, and, charge for the ad time?

Then, when they wanted to create more content without having to pay extra licensing fees while still benefiting off the goodwill of the overall brand, they made poo poo like Space Ghost, Coast to Coast.

Your favorite childhood show was executives being cheap, and then creative people managing to still make it into a really clever, funny thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's just that goofy Space Ghost is so ingrained in what the character is now and it works so well, that there's no reason or demand to go back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Concordat has a new favorite as of 02:25 on Jan 28, 2017

• Locked thread