Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Well I know how I would do it, by hand editing the texture files like I usually do, but if someone actually is working on some kind of grime decal system that would be siiiiick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Someone made a satellite view map from in-game files

He made a mod for it to be the Pipboy map as well.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
There's a mod out there called Patch Job that all it does is change the textures of the current walls to not be filled with so many holes. So you can have your "new" house, but not have it all brand new and modern.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1934/

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

AgentHaiTo posted:

There's a mod out there called Patch Job that all it does is change the textures of the current walls to not be filled with so many holes. So you can have your "new" house, but not have it all brand new and modern.

Having the holes at all just feels so lazy to me. Like, sure, finding pristine building materials is hard, but if you can repair power armor you can hammer on a couple of Goddamn extra boards on a wooden wall.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

AgentHaiTo posted:

Now we just need windows. And doorways that don't have the stupid roof on it!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

gently caress all y'all I love my junk fort.

hobbesmaster posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8509/
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8577/
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8638/

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 25, 2016

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

hobbesmaster posted:

Or more than one doorway, period.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Homemaker & that ddproductions thing http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8361/ give lots of door options, plus you can break out gimp and make their door things match each other perfectly.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
I brought back New Vegas-style ammo selection: Loads of Ammo (terrible name)

It's a terrible mod page but I finished at like midnight and I have no time to upload it tomorrow so w/e. Also it's currently not compatible with Weapon Balance Overhaul :/. But still!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
What would a GECK give you in Boston vs. sandcrete in Shady Sands? A building set for nice plausible post-war brick or stone or whatever construction vs junk shack or pristine fifties house might be neat.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Updated the Traits and More Perks mod to Beta2, which adds four (4) new Traits and twenty-two (22) new Perks, in addition to those present in the initial release. Also notable is the successful implementation of Perk trees for these new custom Perks. Full information on the new content can be found in the included Changelog. Oh, and be sure to check the Readme/Description to find out how to install the mod if you're updating from the first version!

I also added a very nerdy easter egg to the mod's page. Can YOU find it?

Future updates will likely explore deeper alterations to the game's mechanics, now that the pipeline for new Traits/Perks and Perk trees has been worked out. FDI will also be updated to match 1.3, whenever that patch goes live. Fun times ahead.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That weapons overhaul mod makes every gun ridiculously overpowered so that may be a blessing in disguise.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
NCR Ranger armour

The things that modders are getting up to without the FO4 GECK is amazing.

It could really do with a Minutemen repaint though, to make them not look like a bunch of tools.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

anyone who wears NCR ranger armor looks like a tool no matter what color it is

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
That is really well done.

What are the stats on it? I always feel like mods like that go waaaaay overboard and that prevents me from really wanting to use it.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

That is really well done.

What are the stats on it? I always feel like mods like that go waaaaay overboard and that prevents me from really wanting to use it.

Downloading it now and I'll look under the hood in FO4Edit. Was going to give it a simple crafting recipe anyway so I don't have to gently caress around hunting for it.

e:

:downs:

How does 10/5/0 sound instead, at only 10 lbs?

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 28, 2016

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Falken posted:

NCR Ranger armour

It could really do with a Minutemen repaint though, to make them not look like a bunch of tools.

If you guys don't want to go looking all over the place for the armor, it's in Kellogg's house in a novice safe

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Falken posted:

NCR Ranger armour

Thats nice, but the armor I used in new vegas made that look a bit too girly for my taste.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35081/ Kerberos Panzer Police Jin Roh armor, This is what I'd like in fallout 4.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
IS there anything that removes the godamned tutorial message popups? I'm 10 hours into this playthrough and I STILL get them.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

Downloading it now and I'll look under the hood in FO4Edit. Was going to give it a simple crafting recipe anyway so I don't have to gently caress around hunting for it.

e:

:downs:

How does 10/5/0 sound instead, at only 10 lbs?
Wait, it regularly has 150 DR?

10-15/5/0 then whatever the helmet is sounds fine (though I hope you can ballistic weave it >.>)

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Wait, it regularly has 150 DR?

10-15/5/0 then whatever the helmet is sounds fine (though I hope you can ballistic weave it >.>)

Well a full suit of fully-upgraded Heavy Combat Armour is 120, and IIRC it doesn't have mods yet so those stats are about right if they're baked in.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Talkie Toaster posted:

Well a full suit of fully-upgraded Heavy Combat Armour is 120, and IIRC it doesn't have mods yet so those stats are about right if they're baked in.
Yeah but I prefer the idea of working for the item instead of just having it right off the bat. But your right, it's pretty much the same thing.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
I just wanted to toss out a few mods I've found and tested but not yet seen in the thread.

PyPipboyApp is really well done and is still in development. I'm presently running this on a separate computer while I play and it works like a charm.

Vasstek's Nanosuit 4.1 is a fantastic looking standalone suit. It's quite a bit futuristic and doesn't have that grimy wasteland look, but the design is pretty kickass. I personally use the No-Glow, since I'd rather not have my Sole Survivorman looking like a Tokyo street performer.

Vasstek also has done a NanoArmor 2.0 in case you want more protection while looking like CommonwealthVaultDwellerRoboCop . I've not tested this one yet, but the chrome effect looks pretty slick.

Billyro's subtle face tweaks for Cait, Piper and Curie are actually nice non-over-the-top facial tweaks that don't dip all three of them in the anime tank.

Also, I have a question about the zone RubberBanding. So, as I understand it, a zone locks to the level at which you enter it. However, each zone has a minimum and maximum level range. I can enter a 15-25 zone at 10 and it'll lock at 15 or some such thing. Now, does that ever change? For example, if a zone locks to some pissy low level when I first enter it, does the cell ever reset to allow the levels to stay closer to their set max? Or will Concord only have level 2 raiders forever and ever?

I know I can use Adjusted Encounter Zones, but I've read that anything that changes the ways cells behave (at present without the CK) typically causes issues over time.

Corzen fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 29, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The mod that replaces the level up sound effect with neil degrasse tyson is perfect because you level up just infrequently enough for it to be a wonderful surprise every time.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Updated the Traits and More Perks mod to Beta2.1, which finally fixes the third-person bug! Turns out the bug was due to a small oversight on my part. It was easy enough to fix once I caught my mistake.

The only other change is an alteration to the Unto the Breach trait: it now grants a 25% boost to AP regen rate, rather than discounting AP weapon cost. The new description reads:
"You move 25% faster and your Action Points regenerate 25% more quickly, but you take 25% more damage from all weapons yourself."

I suppose now would be as good a time as any to say that I'm open to any and all criticism and/or suggestions regarding the new Perks and Traits - how well they're balanced, how they're implemented, whatever. Previous SA modding threads proved to be a great help for CCO, and I welcome any feedback/complaints/declarations of kanly you folks have to offer for my new mods.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Some kinda 'headshots only, all other body shots do much, much less damage' trait would be interesting. Basically make the gameplay a sniper thing. Not sure how you'd balance that, to be honest. Maybe disables crits entirely?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I got a legendary set of knuckles yesterday with an enchant that does more damage or something the more substances you're addicted to, and thought that was pretty inventive on the part of the game designers. So how about a perk that encourages drug addiction/alcoholism with interesting beneficial effects, rather than a straight "you don't get addicted"?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, the ability, when you are really strung out on lots of drugs, to make syringer ammo from your blood, that poisons and gives random status effects.

A 50% chance of knockback/paralysis using melee when totally naked.
the black widow/ladykiller perk for both genders, but with a low percentage of critical failure, resulting in fites.

the ability to mug people if you keep your charisma below 3 strength above 6 and int below 4

a perk allowing you to build a child army. if you have a certain person as follower,

random chance to fall over/drop weapons/armor with low agility

having the scrapper ability affect all scrapping. a car is not just made from steel, etc

the aqua/girlboy perk giving you the chance to command mudcra... mirelurks occasionally, at the cost of an egg.

a wild wasteland perk.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Cirosan posted:

Updated the Traits and More Perks mod to Beta2.1, which finally fixes the third-person bug! Turns out the bug was due to a small oversight on my part. It was easy enough to fix once I caught my mistake.

The only other change is an alteration to the Unto the Breach trait: it now grants a 25% boost to AP regen rate, rather than discounting AP weapon cost. The new description reads:
"You move 25% faster and your Action Points regenerate 25% more quickly, but you take 25% more damage from all weapons yourself."

I suppose now would be as good a time as any to say that I'm open to any and all criticism and/or suggestions regarding the new Perks and Traits - how well they're balanced, how they're implemented, whatever. Previous SA modding threads proved to be a great help for CCO, and I welcome any feedback/complaints/declarations of kanly you folks have to offer for my new mods.

The Determined trait seems like it would require the player to use VATS nearly always. Being unaffected by chems and stimpacks will make hipfire and ADS quite the burden, since the most common thing I've noticed is players using Jet and Stimpacks in combat outside of VATS. Maybe consider chems and stimpacks only have a 25%-50% duration instead?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Not sure if it is possible yet with FO4Edit, but I want to see follower perks changed to work more like Alpha Protocol - where having either high or low disposition grants different perks or effects.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Gyshall posted:

Not sure if it is possible yet with FO4Edit, but I want to see follower perks changed to work more like Alpha Protocol - where having either high or low disposition grants different perks or effects.
I want the return of Fallout 1/2 style reckless full auto spraying all over your back

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I want the return of Fallout 1/2 style reckless full auto spraying all over your back

custom ian companion inc

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Babe Magnet posted:

anyone who wears NCR ranger armor looks like a tool no matter what color it is

I wish I could be enthusiastic about fo:nv things being remade into fo4 but it's things like that being remade.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I wish I could be enthusiastic about fo:nv things being remade into fo4 but it's things like that being remade.

I think two groups of people made up most of the NV fanbase, fans of 1 and 2 who were happy to see that story continue, and fans of all the guns who wanted MAXIMUM BADASS and loved the Rangers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

shovelbum posted:

I think two groups of people made up most of the NV fanbase, fans of 1 and 2 who were happy to see that story continue, and fans of all the guns who wanted MAXIMUM BADASS and loved the Rangers.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing Ranger Armour while poncing around with a GRA Anti-Mat Rifle loaded up with high explosive .50 cal ammunition.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
y'all trying to start some poo poo by hating on the rangers and kickass guns, and that's just not cool

even if i consider joshua graham's armor to be the best outfit in new vegas

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

After how lackluster FO4 really is and all this talk about FO:NV just make me want to play NV again.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Starhawk64 posted:

After how lackluster FO4 really is and all this talk about FO:NV just make me want to play NV again.

The absolute blandness of non-dlc environment, potato faces, and terrible real time combat make that very hard.

I love NV, but gamebryo games never hold up well even with mods.

Things I 100% miss though are throwable melee weapons.
Actually that's it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

shovelbum posted:

"No true Fallout fan would ever like big guns or futuristic armor" :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9211/ Allows you to move hud (1st person) around, works with din fiv.

Tested it, allows you to move hud around and rescale elements or get rid of them altogether, highly reccommended

Aparrently, you can use a browser window, but I use http://www.globfx.com/downloads/swfplayer/ swfplayer.

staberind fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 30, 2016

• Locked thread