Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: SA Old School Adventure Club
System: Swords & Wizardry, for now
Format: Roll20 + Mic
Players: Like 5 per GM
Description: I'm trying to setup a D&D Encounters like scenario where people can just sort-of show up, play, hang out, and stuff. It's supposed to be pretty laid back. Might be a bad idea, but, hey, it could also work out well.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Game: Vampire Hunters of Fellbit Steading
System: Dungeon World/Last Days of Anglekite
Format: PbP
Players: 3-5
Description: Fellbit Steading is a run-down town in a dying world, it's under attack from packs of feral vampires, and for some reason you're there and not running away. Fight vampires, save people, loot whatever you can carry, and try not to get eaten or turned.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Game: Things have gone poorly for mankind
System: FFG's Rogue Trader
Players: 5 minimum
Description: In this game you play as Imperial Navy and Guard folks trying to survive and make a go of it in my own little "what if" scenario moving the timeline of 40k forward. Abaddon succeed in the 13th Black Crusade, all contact has been lost with Earth and Mars, the astronomicon is gone and has been replaced by the Eye of Terror for navigation, but at least some loyalist Primarchs have come back!

Radioactive Bears
Jun 27, 2012

Creatures of horrid visage and disposition.
Thread: They tell me you are wicked and I believe them
System: Shadowrun 5th Edition
Format: Skype/Roll20
Players: About 5
Description: A Shadowrun game set in Chicago.

Radioactive Bears fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 21, 2016

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Thread: X-Wing: Battle for the Galaxy
System: X-Wing minitures game (with Star wars Risk board wrap-around)
Format: PbP for planning, Skype/Vassal for battles
Players: 6
Description: The galaxy is split apart after the destruction of the second death star. The Empire is beaten but not defeated, now factions of the rebels, empire and gangsters fight over the shattered remnants of the galaxy for control.

Basically taking the game board of Risk for the command elements between battles and using games of the X-wing miniatures game to decide battles instead of dice. This is intended as a long-term campaign. Carve out a piece of the galaxy!

Filled up quickly!

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jan 15, 2016

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
Thread: Underwater World II: Underwater Boogaloo
System: Dungeon World
Format: PBP
Players: 2 or 3 new; 3 returning
Description: The grand, ocean-floating city of Aqualantis has sunk to the ocean floor - and nobody knows why! Not even the last party. We need a new party, to find out what happened to the old party.

Alumnus Post fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 13, 2016

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Thread: The North
System: Apocalypse World
Players: 5-6
Description: The sky is white. The world is cold. The land is frozen. Survive.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Thread: RealityHearts
System: Monsterhearts
Players: 8
Description: You're in the trial season of what's sure to be the hottest new reality TV show to hit the waves. Be bold, exciting and monstrous as you set out to get famous and alienate people!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Thread: Star Wars: The Lost Vault of the Emperor
System: Strike
Format: Roll20 w/ Skype
Players: 4-5
Description: The Emperor is dead and the galaxy is in turmoil as the Empire and the Rebels fight for control. You've been hired by a shady industrialist to head over to Endor and grab something from the ruins of the Death Star. Meet ewoks, fight the dead station's defenses, fend off scavengers and deal with other interested parties!

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Thread: DW: Convocation of the Mistborn
Game: Dungeon World
Format: PbP, participation in irc or ooc thread strongly encouraged
Description: The world's being swallowed by the Nothing from the Neverending Story. It uniquely called you as far as you knew, you walked into it, you found a place of power, you fought its guardian, You Died, and now you're in a graveyard of homelands and met bunch of new friends! Now you have to venture into your old homeland post-Nothing and salvage the souls that are left, become a badass, and...we'll find out!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Thread: Borderlands: Jungle Cruisin'
Game: Strike!
Format: PBP (with Roll20 for asynchronous combat)
Description: It's Borderlands! In the Jungle! Get some!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What: Classic Traveller Oneshot
When: Tue, Jan 26, 8:00 PM EST (equivalent to Wed, Jan 27, 1:00 AM GMT)
Who: I'm looking for anywhere between 2 to 4 players
How: VOIP through roll20
Where: recruitment and discussion thread here

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

dog kisser posted:

Game: Sundown Run [CYOA] - Like Lord of the Tower, but with Wacky Racers.
System: Wingin' it, but more rules heavy than Lord of the Tower. Somewhat like a boardgame with RPG elements!
Format: CYOA
Players: 6/6 currently, but quick turnover expected as players die out.
Description: Astrilia - B-Class Garden World, second out from its star. The star - C12-Exen - is near its end. Chandrasekar mass limit will be reached in three day’s time, whereupon its core will collapse and rebound, bathing Astrilia first in a wash of neutrinos and assorted radiation, then - minutes afterwards - a wave of stellar ejecta that will scour its surface clean. Natives are Early Information Age: no interplanetary flight. Samples have been taken for potential further exploitation but the remainder shall languish on their doomed world…

This condemned world is the stage for this cycle’s Sundown Run, sponsored by Ascended Executive Supra-Corp RAMA! Thrill seekers, conscripted prisoners, adventurers and assorted badasses are all invited to compete in a race around the planet, knowing death is right around the corner - but if they’re fast enough, death’ll take second place instead.

My second CYOA after Lord of the Tower finished - this shares absolutely nothing at all in common except some slight mechanical similarities and possibly minor references. Certainly nothing requiring you to have played my prior game! Take control of both a Corporation hovering around a doomed planet in a high-end executive space station and the Racer on said doomed planet. Death is quick and common-place, but you can just hop back in the next time there's an opening! Even if you're not currently playing, you can affect gameplay by donating Points to impressive Racers which they can use to keep themselves alive in a hostile landscape! Heck, there's no need to ever make a Racer at all, if you want - you can be an Angel Investor from up on high, raining down your bounty. Very casual, with minimal work required from players - just give me a few rolls, and I'll do the rest.

Feel free to talk to us on IRC on SynIrc #madgod - I'm on often to answer any questions you might have, so drop by.

Missing one Racer, currently - get in quick!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Thread: [Monsterhearts] Murder and Monsters on the Railways
Players: 6ish
Description: You're a teenage monster in 19th century Europe. Will you make it to the other side of the continent with your skin/secrets/reputation intact?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Thread: X-Wing: Battle for the Galaxy
Format: PbP for planning, Vassal for battles
Players: 1 Replacement, and a stand-by for a possible replacement.
Description: The galaxy is split apart after the destruction of the second death star. The Empire is beaten but not defeated, now factions of the rebels, empire and gangsters fight over the shattered remnants of the galaxy for control.

Basically taking the game board of Risk for the command elements between battles and using games of the X-wing miniatures game to decide battles instead of dice. This is intended as a long-term campaign. Players build a 1,000 point fleet. Carve out a piece of the galaxy!

Replacement player is Elrood sector (Green), and may be any faction. The possible replacement is Outer Rim (Orange) and must be Rebels.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 22, 2016

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!
Thread:Grimm, Grimm, Smith and Wesson
System:CofD: Hunter
Format:PbP
Players: Up to 6
Description: If a fairy tale determined how the world would end.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Thread: Kings of Monsters Past
System: Chronicles of Darkness (crossover)
Players: Undecided, probably no more than 6.
Description: As the leaders of a small human tribe in the Bronze Age, can you lead your people to strength amidst the threats like Vampire Mesopotamia and the City of the God-Machine?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Thread: The Darkest Dungeon World
System: Dungeon World
Players: 3 to 6
Description: Murder monsters and go mad in the name of treasure and glory. Comtains a custom sanity mechanic, fishmen and poor decisions from rich people.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Game: Hamish Campbell's Cameron's Cyberpunk PBTA Hack: The Sprawl
Where: Discord Server (it's a free cross between irc, slack, and teamspeak)
Format: either Discord or PbP, haven't decided yet, but planning on my Discord Server
Players: 3-6
Description: The Sprawl isn't out yet, but it will be very soon. As it is, there is a beta version of the draft publically available and more recent but still beta playbooks that we can work off of until it the retail drops ( I missed the kickstarter ). So I guess this a pre-recruit link. Street level or slightly above Cyberpunk, a tech noir flavor, with a focus on relatively easy movement between virtual reality and actual reality, and what that means, and how the megacorps will use it to control the masses.

EDIT: fixed link

xian fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 27, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Game: Secrets and Lies
System: FFG's Black Crusade
Players: 6-9
Description: Are you a bad enough dude to walk the path of Heretical 40k glory? Join today!

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.
Game: Captured by Adventure
System: PFRPG
Format: Online with Google Hangouts and SyncRPG
Players: 3-5 (multiple games available)
Description: Looking to run our new, *FREE* VTT-enabled PFRPG adventure module Captured by Adventure for a few groups as part of an expanded playtest.

disperse
Oct 28, 2010

Avalon Hill recieved a letter from a scientist with a PhD (who was also an Avalon Hill fan) complaining he couldn't understand the rules.
Thread: [Recruiting] Magic Realm, this is going to be insane.
System: Magic Realm
Format: PbP (Using RealmSpeak)
Players: 1-16(!)
Description: Magic Realm, published in 1979 by Avalon Hill, is the mother of all fantasy board games. Its modular hex-based game board that changes with every play was ahead of its time and inspired many games that followed; Mage Knight being its heir apparent.

Magic Realm is not for everyone, it is complex (rulebook 122 pages), unforgiving, and imbalanced; however, brave the steep slopes of its learning curve and you'll be rewarded with a game that generates ripping yarns.

Beginners are welcome and I'll try and guide them through but, fair warning, there will be blood.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Thread: [Monsterhearts] Monsterhouse of Cards
Format: IRC PBP
Players: 4 to 5
Description: Get an awful person elected to the Senate so you can get a real job working working for them in DC, all while trying to not eat too many of your constituents.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 3, 2016

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What: HackMaster 4th Edition
When: Tue, Feb 2, 8:00 PM EST (equivalent to Wed, Feb 3, 1:00 AM GMT)
Who: I'm looking for anywhere between 3 to 5 players

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Game: 13th Age
Thread: currently none
Format: Skype + Roll20 + physical?!
Players: I have three plus myself, I need one or two more
Regular meet time: Saturday evenings, 5pm ~ 10pm Pacific

Since I live in an area where 45 miles can take two hours to traverse, I'm working on organizing a semi-digital game, with as many real people as I can gather (currently two!) and a couple of nearby-but-not-near-enough digital friends via Skype/Roll20. Message me! Or check in on skype at dead_paragon! Or just email me, pika132 at gmail!

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Thread: Kingmaker
System: 13th Age
Format: Play-by-Post
Description: Conquer a wild, unclaimed stretch of land and kick out the bad guys (and settle it before the High King invades).

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 7, 2016

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Thread: Fallout: The Dead State
System: GURPS
Format: IRC
Description: Let's have our own post-nuclear adventure, now in the semi-frozen wastes of Minnesota!

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Don't wanna spam since this is the 3rd time on the page, but the deadline I set is tomorrow for the x-wing Risk game, and it looks like I need 1 more replacement for the Rebels at the outer Rim.

The game thread: X-Wing: Battle for the Galaxy
Format: PbP for planning, Vassal for battles
Players: 1 Replacement

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thread: Hard Boiled Psychic Detective Kids
System: OVA
Description: This city is full of espers! A lot of them are bad! Be a hard-boiled detective type and stop those bad espers!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What: AD&D 1st Edition
When: Tue, Feb 9, 8:00 PM EST (equivalent to Wed, Feb 10, 1:00 AM GMT)
Who: I'm looking for anywhere between 3 to 5 players

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Thread: Close Encounters of the Elven Kind
System: Burning Wheel
Format: Roll20 + Skype
Description: Be the first elves to ever interact with human society. What elves are like, what human society like, what you are like will be defined during the chargen session.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 6, 2017

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Thread: 'Look Sharp, Be Sharp, Go Empire'
System: Star Wars EotE/AoR
Format: Roll20/Google Hangouts, Every Other Friday starting at 5:30pm Pacific, Next Game Feb 12th
Players: 2ish Replacement Players
Description: The quick campaign pitch is that you're Imperial Soldiers serving om the Outer Rim, fighting pirates, hunting Rebels, and spreading the good word of Palpatine to the galactic masses. My party has just been captured by an Imperial defector turned Rebel flying a wildly experimental stealth Gladiator Star Destroyer, so it'd be a great time to jump into the action :) .

If you're interested please post in the thread, we communicate via the thread and post adventure summaries. Let me know if you have any questions, love to see some people apply :) . Thanks!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Thread: [Monsterhearts] Prosperity Recruitment/OOC Thread
Players: 4-6
Description: You're teenagers in a modern day small town. You're also a monster. Town details will be determined by the players during character creation.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Thread: [Only War] Straight Outta Hive Primus - Recruitment/OOC
System: Only War
Description: A game of Only War with houserules based on the miniatures game Necromunda. Play as a hive ganger.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Thread: DW: Convocation of the Mistborn
Game: Dungeon World, modified with Funnel World and Soulsborne tweaks
Format: PbP, participation in irc or ooc thread strongly encouraged
Players: 1-2
Description: The world's being swallowed by the Nothing from the Neverending Story. It uniquely called you as far as you knew, you walked into it, you found a place of power, you fought its guardian, You Died, and now you're in a graveyard of homelands and met bunch of new friends! Now you have to venture into your old homelands post-Nothing and salvage the souls that are left, become a badass, and...we'll find out!

Ongoing game, looking for one or two replacement players. Savor the kindness and cruelty of fate with us!

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Thread: [MAFIA-LIKE] THE END IS NIGH
Game: The End is Nigh
Description: Bombs are dropping at midnight.

You were one of the first to arrive at a bunker that can ensure your survival. However, now the bunker is too crowded to close. You and the other early birds have been deemed judges and have been tasked with the ugly job of kicking out two survivors.

If that wasn’t bad enough, you’ve learned that among the survivors and judges are members of a doomsday cult hoping to sabotage the bunker to fulfill their doomsday prophecy.

Choose wisely, because...

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Thread: [Stars Without Number] The High Wilderness (recruiting)
Game: Stars Without Number
Description The Crossroads system used to be one of the richest in the whole sector. The gateway to the rich worlds of the first wave of colonization to the rest of the sector. But that was 200 years ago, before the Scream hit and the system was thrown into chaos and war. Now it is rebuilding, trade between planets has again resumed though the secrets of the Spike Drive have been lost. You are the crew of a free tramp ship. Do odd jobs, explore the ships and stations of the lost Terran Mandate or the ancient alien empire, and do your best not to get killed.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Thread: Time to Di-ary [CYOA]
System: CYOA
Players: All the players

Description:
It's July 2015 and something strange has started to happen to you, your memories are no longer syncing up to the world. You're pretty sure you've lost your poo poo but a small part of you thinks maybe.. MAYBE you've become a god. Well, in so far as that sometimes when you wake up from a dream, things seem to have.. changed.

The current idea, and we'll see how this works, is for you to control the character in first person while in his/her 'dream state'. You will have influence over the real world, but updates will come in the form of diary entries. Various things about your current mental state, your surroundings and sheer luck will be considered in the background. If you want to change something, just hope you'll be able to stay in the dreamscape long enough to complete your plans.

You wonder, just how far back can one of your 'special' dreams go? Can you undo something you've done before? Can you die? You're not sure.. but.. only one way to find out?

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 16, 2016

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

Inverse Icarus posted:

Game: Captured by Adventure
System: PFRPG
Format: Online with Google Hangouts and SyncRPG
Players: 3-5 (multiple games available)
Description: Looking to run our new, *FREE* VTT-enabled PFRPG adventure module Captured by Adventure for a few groups as part of an expanded playtest.

We have a game is starting up next Saturday, from 10am-1pm PST (GMT -8) with three goons going, and are looking for 1-3 more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Thread: [CYOA] Six Stars
System: CYOA
Players: Yes

Description: You know what's fun? Space. You know what else is fun? Westerns. And you know what's even more fun than westerns? Weird West. I think you can see where I'm going with this. Welcome to Six Stars, a CYOA about Weird West In Space.

Alternatively, Deadlands meets Firefly.