Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

In the American future, all games will be sit-down. Sit down Golden Tee. Sit down Street Fighter. Sit down DDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Citizen Tayne posted:

In the American future, all games will be sit-down. Sit down Golden Tee. Sit down Street Fighter. Sit down DDR.

is golden tee the golf one with a big trackball that you slam? sneakers saw some dude break his hand on one of those

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Citizen Tayne posted:

I assume that eventually Apple will make mass market wheelchair and Americans will never have to walk anywhere again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my California workers are always amazed that I'm willing to walk more than four blocks to get lunch

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Al! posted:

I assume that eventually Apple will make mass market wheelchair and Americans will never have to walk anywhere again

wall-e was a documentary

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
c keeping austin weird s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgFDR5MqaCo

framol, framol forever

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

can't you just request a second copy?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

is golden tee the golf one with a big trackball that you slam? sneakers saw some dude break his hand on one of those

good

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

also which white collar workers still get paper tax forms in tyool 2016

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

can't you just request a second copy?

yeah you can usually get a tax form from the place that sent it to you but if they send it to you they also send it to the IRS and there is also a form you can send to the IRS from their website and the IRS will send you a copy of everything that was sent to them for your taxes by other places

the point is that someone ate his mail tho

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
also i like the party where he tells the cop that 911 is a prime number, which is true.

Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

my California workers are always amazed that I'm willing to walk more than four blocks to get lunch

When I go to hockey games here people are amazed I take the stairs instead of waiting on the escalator. One security guard said that people deserve a medal for walking up 81 stairs to the 100-level from the street.

Once when we had 200 level seats, we went to the stairwell between 100 and 200 and I told my wife "let's go this way, no one is using these stairs" and the security guard said "go ahead and try it, you'll see why!" Over a staircase. Lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

When I go to hockey games here people are amazed I take the stairs instead of waiting on the escalator. One security guard said that people deserve a medal for walking up 81 stairs to the 100-level from the street.

Once when we had 200 level seats, we went to the stairwell between 100 and 200 and I told my wife "let's go this way, no one is using these stairs" and the security guard said "go ahead and try it, you'll see why!" Over a staircase. Lol

stadiums have escalators now?!?!

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm picturing him eating a donut while saying this

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

donald trump will assure us an america free of stairs

Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

Every loving one around here, and people climb on them and sit stock still. It's infuriating.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Al! posted:

I grew up going to games at Veteran's Stadium which was built in like 1970, and it had escalators

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what the gently caress

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

son escalators at the stadium are fine, if you're going to a game with your grandparent or you're a parent with a toddler you don't want to walk up a bunch of steps. escalators aren't the problem

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

donald trump will assure us an america free of stairs

his presidential announcement foretold it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tjPZvxwgEk

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the angel stop escalator was quite a thing

Apr 7, 2003

PNC Park has a double set at the main left field entrance, one for each tier of seats (it's only double-cantilevered). There is a rotunda you can walk up that will drop you off at the main, club, and grandstand levels, but no one ever walks it, it's for people to stand at during SRO games. If you're really lazy, you take the elevator to the bar and walk right out from there to the infield box.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

indigi posted:

son escalators at the stadium are fine, if you're going to a game with your grandparent or you're a parent with a toddler you don't want to walk up a bunch of steps. escalators aren't the problem

in my day when you went to the stadium the old
and infirm were forced to fight the lions

Apr 7, 2003

I don't remember what Heinz Field has because gently caress that place.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

c life status: just did taxes

should withheld at a higher rate

not rip but drat

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

indigi posted:

accessibility is good, laziness isn't

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

I don't remember what Heinz Field has because gently caress that place.

escalators at the corners and one big ramp rotunda

also i went to a game in november, my first in a couple years, and its cool how now trying to get into a stadium for an nfl game is akin to loving tsa

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Share Bear posted:

c life status: just did taxes

should withheld at a higher rate

not rip but drat

condolences

graph posted:

also i went to a game in november, my first in a couple years, and its cool how now trying to get into a stadium for an nfl game is akin to loving tsa

the last NFL game I went to was in 2006 and it was really loving annoying

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

I went to Heinz Hall last month and I had to go back to work and drop my laptop bag off. They don't even let you bring bags in anymore. To a concert hall.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

gotta stop bassoon smugglers

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

getting into the joe was a nightmare and i can't believe anyone actually goes to red wings games

Apr 7, 2003

Getting into baseball games still isn't bad here. Hockey's easy too. I'm surprised they don't check your rear end in a top hat for contraband at Heinz Field though.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
gym with an escalator out front dot jay peg

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

Getting into baseball games still isn't bad here. Hockey's easy too. I'm surprised they don't check your rear end in a top hat for contraband at Heinz Field though.

yeah Phillies games are still easy enough to stroll into. haven't been to see the 10-9-8-76ers in a while tho

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

kwinkles posted:

gym with an escalator out front dot jay peg

when i got into a bicycle accident i had trouble walking but my arms were fine so i still went to the gym and i would have appreciated an escalator

accessibility is good, laziness isn't

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

imagine being this far away from the entrance with about 3000 other people in line to get in, there only being 4-5 entryways, and they make you take all your poo poo out of your pockets and walk through a metal detector

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

triple sulk posted:

imagine being this far away from the entrance with about 3000 other people in line to get in, there only being 4-5 entryways, and they make you take all your poo poo out of your pockets and walk through a metal detector

no, and you can't make me.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

triple sulk posted:

the thing is, if there were a terrorist attack on a stadium, wouldn't they just shoot the octogenarians checking bags?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
gordie howe only deserves a door named after him? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Al! posted:

the thing is, if there were a terrorist attack on a stadium, wouldn't they just shoot the octogenarians checking bags?

wouldn't they just blow up in the line because that would definitely inspire the most terror

• Locked thread