Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I've been watching the TDU and it's been pretty good. Fewer horrible wastelands than the Tour de San Luis and almost as many gnarly crashes.

Anyway, the final crit/stage is on now and it's only 90k so get in soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
The run-in and finish of stage 3 (the corkscrew stage) was sick. More races with a short final climb followed by a fast descent 10k from the finish please.

Also: Races in Australia finish at 9PM Pacific time. Civilized!

tylertfb fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 25, 2016

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

serious gaylord posted:

And an English driver on the wrong side of the road just annihilated Giant's squad on a training camp in Spain. No confirmed names for the injured but Barguil is apparently hurt.

https://twitter.com/informacion_es/status/690933641451540481

Christ, that doesn't look a good time. From the team website:

quote:

Warren Barguil (FRA): fractured scaphoid; may require surgery but not yet determined.

John Degenkolb (GER): successful surgery on a cut in his upper leg; currently receiving treatment on his hand and a fracture to his forearm.

Chad Haga (USA): was airlifted to a hospital; successful surgery on neck and chin wounds; orbital fracture will be treated later.

Fredrik Ludvigsson (SWE): scratches and bruises all over his body.

Ramon Sinkeldam (NED): scratches and bruises all over his body.

Max Walscheid (GER): fractured hand and tibia; surgery likely required.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
If Degenkolb lost that finger that would really screw up his bike handling and probably his sprint.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh poo poo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Stupid gently caress Brits should drive on the same side of the road as everyone else. Jesus. That could be career ending for some of these dudes.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Keep Brits out of Europe!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

Keep Brits out of Europe!

Agreed.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/woman-charged-with-reckless-driving-after-giant-alpecin-crash/

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

She splits her time 6/6 in Spain and the UK and she doesn't know which side of the road to drive on? If you're that confused that you can't remember which side of the road you're supposed to be on, get the gently caress off it.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Remind me that if I ever wish to murder a bunch of cyclists here in America and claiming that I didn't see them doesn't hold up as an excuse, to use "You drive on the right in this country? Jolly good show!" in my worst UK accent possible.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Sinkeldam has broken his shoulderblade anyway so not just cuts and bruises. Chad Haga can already joke again: "The best way to lose weight is headbutting a windshield, you can't eat for days" (Twitter)

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
degenkolb and I both almost lost our left index fingers by being hit by a car on our bikes

:nms: http://imgur.com/CaOXJzh :nms:

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Withnail posted:

degenkolb and I both almost lost our left index fingers by being hit by a car on our bikes

Was this the inspiration for your username?

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Rojkir posted:

Sinkeldam has broken his shoulderblade anyway so not just cuts and bruises. Chad Haga can already joke again: "The best way to lose weight is headbutting a windshield, you can't eat for days" (Twitter)

Don't let Haga fool you. The first thing I did after I put a hatchet in my foot was make jokes about it. Kept joking while it healed too. He did release a vine of himself walking, albeit like an old person. He's got a ways to go, but I think he'll be back in the peloton.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The description Barguil gave of the entire thing is pretty horrendous. The lady was on the wrong side and just drove into them, only braking once she'd made contact with the first guy on the road. The road dropped off to the right and they didnt want to move to the left in case she veered over at the last minute and still hit them, so they just slowed down and hoped for the best.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Withnail posted:

That's odd, it seems there's something about getting hit by a car that cuts off your left(?) index finger specifically?

serious gaylord posted:

The description Barguil gave of the entire thing is pretty horrendous. The lady was on the wrong side and just drove into them, only braking once she'd made contact with the first guy on the road. The road dropped off to the right and they didnt want to move to the left in case she veered over at the last minute and still hit them, so they just slowed down and hoped for the best.

Imagining someone driving down the wrong side of a right-hand drive country completely breaks my brain since I've always lived in a right-hand drive country.

e: nm I got it now, they didn't want to maneuver left because that was the natural direction of the car on that section of road (and would be going even faster).

wide stance fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 29, 2016

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

wide stance posted:

That's odd, it seems there's something about getting hit by a car that cuts off your left(?) index finger specifically?

I guess it's cuz the hands are out front and you might be grabbing the brakes really hard right before impact.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Tour of California route is out and it looks pretty good. The San Diego stage goes on roads I ride all the time, some great, hilly east county terrain before a beachside sprint finish. The Santa Barbara finish will be awesome, and I'm considering flying up for the final two stages.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Love Gibraltar. Might have to go down for that stage.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

wide stance posted:

a lot of the left side of my body looked like that.

Anyway, why is cyclecross not loving over yet? Does anyone really care that Van der Van Oofenvan Vandenbergh was able to schlog a bicycle through a foot of mud at 16 mph?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

tylertfb posted:

Tour of California route is out and it looks pretty good. The San Diego stage goes on roads I ride all the time, some great, hilly east county terrain before a beachside sprint finish. The Santa Barbara finish will be awesome, and I'm considering flying up for the final two stages.

Can you post the San Diego stage map, I can't find it online

nevermind its in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7PoKUwi7ds

Would be cool to finish on Double Peak in San Marcos some time

African AIDS cum fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 30, 2016

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
Another year, another Sanne Cant depressed-teenager-face.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Poor kid, she couldn't even stand up straight. Is it like that every year?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I see Katie "loving" Compton screwed the pooch again.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Paddyb posted:

I see Katie "loving" Compton screwed the pooch again.

The UCI have detained a bike from the U23 womens event. They haven't said exactly what for but the report thinks its 'technological fraud'.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci...campaign=buffer

Motor or did they switch to a much lighter bike mid ride?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'd love a motor in my cross bike. BRAAAP

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Fuckin' lol. Also, Canc took victory in his first race of the year.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Eye witnesses describe a motor build in the bottom bracket of 19 year old Belgian Femke Van den Driessche.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I want to know how good it is and when we can expect similarly doped bikes for the lazy-but-vain commuter.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

But really a u23 rider bike doping, with what budget? No way the team isn't implicated.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

goatface posted:

I want to know how good it is and when we can expect similarly doped bikes for the lazy-but-vain commuter.

I'm pretty sure that battery+motor in seatpost technology is already available as a kit to install along with a modified crank spindle.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

But really a u23 rider bike doping, with what budget? No way the team isn't implicated.

No way her mechanic can't know, which means the team must too

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kimbo305 posted:

I'm pretty sure that battery+motor in seatpost technology is already available as a kit to install along with a modified crank spindle.

I thought they all still need an external battery to do anything useful? The tech must have moved on.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Cx got interesting!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

I thought they all still need an external battery to do anything useful? The tech must have moved on.

They've got seat post batteries that can give you an extra 100w for 20 minutes or so. Swap the bike mid race and that's good enough

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Her team (her dad) claims it wasn't her bike, but someone from her entourage brought it in to the material zone, it wasn't meant for her to ride on.

LOL

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Rojkir posted:

Her team (her dad) claims it wasn't her bike, but someone from her entourage brought it in to the material zone, it wasn't meant for her to ride on.

LOL
Yeah the UCI rules specifically don't give a poo poo whether you rode it or not.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!
pretty much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv5fqunQ_4I

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Rojkir posted:

LOL

Why would you even have a secret motor powered bike anywhere near this competition? What kind of excuse do they think this is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I never used the PEDs, really. The team doctor just had half empty bottles of them in a box with my name on it for training purposes.