Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

WickedHate posted:

Old comic book ads are loving amazing.

I worry about anyone who needs a booklet called "how to be an expert bike rider"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's a full guide on how to be a domestique.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Search has failed me, a long time ago someone posted a page where Galactus and the Beyonder are one a daytime talk show and learn that one of them is not the father, after which Beyonder is like "LET US SETTLE OUR DIFFERENCES WITH FISTS!" Can someone either post this page or tell me what comic/issue it's from?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Neo Rasa posted:

Search has failed me, a long time ago someone posted a page where Galactus and the Beyonder are one a daytime talk show and learn that one of them is not the father, after which Beyonder is like "LET US SETTLE OUR DIFFERENCES WITH FISTS!" Can someone either post this page or tell me what comic/issue it's from?

What If Venom Possessed Deadpool

Also, earlier in the issue is this situation where Rick Remender responds to people criticizing Frankencastle.

Thank God this issue happened before Uncanny Avengers. Then we would've had Venompool drowning someone with Eddie Brock's urine.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

You'd think the teacher would have arranged some sort of transportation for her kids instead of, you know, having to resort to bicycles.

What a bimbo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Freedom Train was pretty free

wikipedia posted:

The 1940s Freedom Train exhibit was integrated — black and white viewers were allowed to mingle freely. When town officials in Birmingham, Alabama, and Memphis, Tennessee, refused to allow blacks and whites to see the exhibits at the same time, the Freedom Train skipped the planned visits, amid significant controversy.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

the Freedom Train skipped the planned visits
Awesome.

Freedom Train, character rediscovery of 2016!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

goatface posted:

Freedom Train was pretty free

That's loving boss.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Old comic book ads are loving amazing.

did they use this same kid for all the old comic ads or just these two?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Veotax posted:

I bet Bane cuts a mean promo.

Injustice: Year 5 #6

Instead of just taking off her disguise Harley puts a disguise over her disguise.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Instead of just taking off her disguise Harley puts a disguise over her disguise.

I like to think she saw this and figured "Hey, worked for him!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Duke Igthorn posted:

Modern Harley has bleached Joker skin.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ImpAtom posted:

Injustice Harley doesn't. Only her face is white.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Duke Igthorn posted:

Oh don't even pretend it's not what you'd expect from her.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Doesn't she put on makeup for her day job, though? (I think she still practices as Dr Quinzel?)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

Doesn't she put on makeup for her day job, though? (I think she still practices as Dr Quinzel?)

In the current run, yeah she puts on full-body concealer and a blonde wig for her job at the nursing home retirement community.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Angela Queen of Hel #4

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That writer could have said "Stella was a fella" but dropped the ball instead.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Gavok posted:

That writer could have said "Stella was a fella" but dropped the ball instead.

http://webm.land/media/DOOT.webm

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ensign_Ricky posted:

In the current run, yeah she puts on full-body concealer and a blonde wig for her job at the nursing home retirement community.

Why does she need full body concealer? Isn't that uh...what clothes are for?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

It's Harley Quinn - the clothes will be coming off at some point.

Edit: Hey!
VVVVVVVVV

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Choco1980 posted:

She works in comic-book-world insane asylum, so there's like a 90% chance her clothes will be ripped off on any given day.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
No, she works in a retirement home. But I did check back, and I was mistaken, she just uses concealer on the major parts; face, arms, legs, and some of her cleavage.

Earlier in the issue she considers a spray tan, but figures with her normal complexion, she'd come out worse than Snooki.
Oh, and that's Harley Quinn #4

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

While this is 616 Punisher doing the deed, I like to think newspaper spidey world's Punisher thinks Spidey is the one causing the world to stutter every three panels and is trying to stop his evil schemes.

Edit: punisher war journal 1, civil war tie in.

Kal909
Oct 21, 2010
whoops, misclicked

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Punisher is kind of like an urban legend to criminals.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You'd think all the photos and footage of his very public murders would change that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Say Nothing posted:

The Punisher is kind of like an urban legend to criminals.

Joan the Mouse really made me sad most of the time; I felt terrible for her. (And Frank probably seemed like he was that big to her.)

Spacker Dave was fun, though.

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 1, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
drat shame about Dave. :smith:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

You'd think all the photos and footage of his very public murders would change that.

DC insisted Batman was considered an urban legend until like 2004, despite having given press conferences.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Don't listen to DC, he'll say anything for attention.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lurdiak posted:

IIRC the scene is very early on in Welcome Back, Frank; wasn't he gone/dead/an angel for a few years?

E: although I can't remember if it's before or after the issue-opening full-page spread of cops rounding up dozens of bodies and one of them screaming at Soap "'Am I sure it was the Punisher?" Is that supposed to be a loving joke?!" So who can say.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 1, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Doc Hawkins posted:

IIRC the scene is very early on in Welcome Back, Frank; wasn't he gone/dead/an angel for a few years?

E: although I can't remember if it's before or after the issue-opening full-page spread of cops rounding up dozens of bodies and one of them screaming at Soap "'Am I sure it was the Punisher?" Is that supposed to be a loving joke?!" So who can say.

Frank definitely wanted them to know it was him.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Punisher.

Nuff Said.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Malachite_Dragon posted:

drat shame about Dave. :smith:

I remember he got all his piercings ripped out, but he was still pretty upbeat from what I recall. He didn't later die, did he? :ohdear:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Cangelosi posted:

Punisher.

Nuff Said.

PUNISHER MAX: BAD TOUCH

a garth ennis joint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Who What Now posted:

I remember he got all his piercings ripped out, but he was still pretty upbeat from what I recall. He didn't later die, did he? :ohdear:

No, but he later got flattened by a very pissed-off Hulk.