Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Doc Morbid posted:

You're right, I got that mixed up for some reason (mainly because I'm a moron). :downs:

The obtuse crap like the Zodiac Spear does seem like the kind of thing he would be all over, though.

He was only listed as an executive producer for the game which tends to be more of a business credit. At the time, Kawazu was a producer on multiple titles with a more hands-on role with the Crystal Chronicle games. It's not unusual for SE staff to juggle multiple projects.

Any quirks in FFXII's design I chalk up to the Playonline side of the development team clashing with the FFT side of the team. Many of the designers came from an MMORPG background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FactsAreUseless posted:

How does he smell?

Terrible, kupo!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

widespread posted:

So before I get back into LR, I just have to ask: Am I combatting wrong if all I do is do full combo hold-the-button attacks then schemata swap? Like, I know I should guard and bring pots but... when does combat get a bit more involved?

You're going to get wrecked really hard later on if you don't set up defensive abilities. Also you shouldn't be holding the button. Attacks have timed press (sort of like Mario) where if you successfully pull it off you deal more damage. You should be tapping as you hit/as you cast the spell instead.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Surely this is the best moogle - a gestalt of moogles :downs:

FFIX for best Moogle design, Dissidia/Kingdom Hearts for worst.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

Surely this is the best moogle - a gestalt of moogles :downs:

FFIX for best Moogle design, Dissidia/Kingdom Hearts for worst.

Those moogles are all of us in the FF megathread

Fang is Sunning making good posts about the video game industry

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

8-Bit Scholar posted:

FFV is a real close second, and honestly, I'm giving FFIX the higher rank due to its great production values in addition to its gameplay mechanics, so take that as you will.

That's fair. My big gripe with 9 is that it's like a solid 45 seconds after an encounter starts before you do anything, which makes grinding in the game suuuuper tedious.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Fess up, which one of you did this? :mad:

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

This thread can never have too many moogles.

Riko Kupenreich from FFXI - A Moogle Kupo D'Etat

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think Ramza's Dissidia model might be the best effort they could have gotten for him considering they wanted his design to match up.

I don't think he's a character suited to a realistic artstyle, though.

Ramza has a nose? What is happening..

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Apparently the PC version of FF6 has a copy of the GBA game buried in it. Mods for it seem to be coming along decently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4x0UF2m_8s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Apparently the PC version of FF6 has a copy of the GBA game buried in it. Mods for it seem to be coming along decently:

Weird

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Med School posted:

Ramza has a nose? What is happening..

They released something back when they announced him or shortly after that saying they're giving him a Nomura face to make him match the art as a whole.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

That actually looks really weird with the background.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

JordanKai posted:

ramza is a very pretty girl and i won't stand wikipedia not acknowledging that

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ivalice Moogles, best moogles.

I put snow in my mouth, so they cannot see my breath, kupo.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FFIX PC/Phone looks pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBjGozSt_fM

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

That actually looks really weird with the background.

Sprites aren't the only problem with that version, it would take a lot to fix it entirely

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think Ramza's Dissidia model might be the best effort they could have gotten for him considering they wanted his design to match up.

I don't think he's a character suited to a realistic artstyle, though.

If I didn't know who this was supposed to be, I'd think it was a little girl in an oversized jersey getting ready for a game of street hockey.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The popular Final Fantasy character, Ramzle

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ramza 1/2

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He does have both male and female stat growths in FFT.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
important question, does Dissidia do alternate costumes, i want to see the outfit with the huge shoulders in 3D

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive posted:

I've always felt like Thievery is kind of a waste of time because to reach that damage Zidane needs to be doing nothing but stealing in every single fight for like 2 discs (unless you're going to sit in one place and grind steals which just seems super pointless)

Thievery is iirc (<successful steals> * Speed), so you can reduce that to 200 times (the stat's cap is 50), which is like 30% of the random encounters you'll get in the game, if you give Zidane tons of +Speed armor and accessories.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I really want for this to come to PS4 (a la VII) and for the combat speed-booster to affect that 15-second lag between a battle starting and actually getting to select an action. I've had 2-3 short-lived attempts at IX fall through because that dead screen just seems to last about 50% too long.

Everyone loves it so much and it's the only main FF I haven't either beaten or beaten well-enough.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ImpAtom posted:

You're going to get wrecked really hard later on if you don't set up defensive abilities. Also you shouldn't be holding the button. Attacks have timed press (sort of like Mario) where if you successfully pull it off you deal more damage. You should be tapping as you hit/as you cast the spell instead.

Oh. Well that is real good to know, actually. But when do I get the defensive stuff? Post-Luxerion? Or do I just happen upon them.

Also I now have a reason to actually use the boss rematch feature a LOT more..

EDIT:

Dr. Mog a contender for best moogle?

Help Im Alive posted:

Those moogles are all of us in the FF megathread

Fang is Sunning making good posts about the video game industry

Who's gonna be on the staff though.

widespread fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 29, 2016

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

I want this :kimchi:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

mandatory lesbian posted:

important question, does Dissidia do alternate costumes, i want to see the outfit with the huge shoulders in 3D

The two PSP games had a ton of alternate costumes for all the characters. We haven't heard anything about costumes for the new game, though.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
The FF9 port backgrounds still look drat rough next to the new character models, but they're designed so well that any annoyances I have left just wash away.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

zedprime posted:

Hyper realistic minimog is best mog

Also the best/rarest/most useless summon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMnBT4jDi8

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

FactsAreUseless posted:

How does he smell?

By stone attested, by sword revealed, duh. Also I want to stick my dick in that 3d Ramza.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Welp, I'm sold. Buying the PC version ASAP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JordanKai posted:

It's been a slow day.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
These have all been kickass moogles. This one in particular was my phone wallpaper for a long time:

It gives me a "drunk Captain Mog of the U.S.S. Kupo" vibe. He even has a little stress ball and a golden badge with his face on it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

i like the skinny Ivalice Moogles the best, but that also has to do with Juggler and Thief Moogle both looking cute as heck

ivalice moogles were good

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

No Buttpants alt for Ramza, no sale. :colbert:

In all seriousness, can't wait for the gameplay video.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

ivalice moogles were good

Agreed, it's too bad they all died.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Fister Roboto posted:

Agreed, it's too bad they all died.

Shouldn't have let Marche lead them to all those Jagds.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Since when is Ramza a girl? It's been a while since I played Tactics.

It does normally, but word's out on how an Arcade game would do that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

He isn't a girl people are just joking because the design looks vaguely girlish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SonicRulez posted:

Since when is Ramza a girl? It's been a while since I played Tactics.

ramza is a girl in the universe where dycedarg is the middle brother