Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

read the post lonk

As soon as you play the SNES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Lonk posted:

As soon as you play the SNES.

Read. The Post. Lonk.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Schpyder posted:

No one should ever read Ayn Rand, not even Ayn Rand edits.

:eyepop:
Wait, wait, wait--
Are you telling me that was actual copy from an actual published work?

I thought it was from an Anime Speech Lorem Ipsum Generator or something.
:shrug:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I don't know whether to bless your heart for staying so innocent or to apologize profusely for introducing you to the horrors of Rand's philosophy.

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
If you've ever watched an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine, you've read Atlas Shrugged

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Blasphemeral posted:

:eyepop:
Wait, wait, wait--
Are you telling me that was actual copy from an actual published work?

I thought it was from an Anime Speech Lorem Ipsum Generator or something.
:shrug:

Yea it's from this little known book, Atlas Shrugged.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I know enough about Ayn Rand to know that there are much better uses of my book reading time than to waste it on her pretentious drivel, and I've actually read catch 22, by choice, twice.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I think people should stop with books altogether.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Even Ghosts of Ascalon?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
books are some nerd bullshit

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

As a nerd, can confirm

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

Butting into book club to ask if anyone feels like helping me reach MAXIMUM LUCHA. Here's what I have so far, please let me know if I can pump up the luchadorness more.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

HUG ME FOREVER posted:

Butting into book club to ask if anyone feels like helping me reach MAXIMUM LUCHA. Here's what I have so far, please let me know if I can pump up the luchadorness more.

I didn't know that I could love something as much as I love Slaw Facts.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
We need to get together a group of people with those hawk wings, then go up to the top of the lighthouse in LA and jump off while shouting "GORDON'S ALIVE?!? DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE."

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Coincidentally, this the name of my pet hawk.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

HUG ME FOREVER posted:

I'm honestly not sure you can do much more than that with medium armour, that's pretty great.

I tried my hand at making a luchadore with light armour a while back and I think it came out okay:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I was half joking about the Flash Gordon thing but then I went into wardrobe to see if I could and I am really happy with the result

SurreptitiousMuffin fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 29, 2016

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

What type of mouse do you all use? I'm considering getting one of those fancy pants MMO mice with a ton of buttons all over it. Any suggestions?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TF7GFHG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage not just because I'm a cheapskate, but because I've had the fancy pants gaming mice before and found I only ever used the two buttons on the side with my thumb, and the weight of them negated the whole point of having a gazzilion dpi. This one is 3000dpi and weighs the same as a normal mouse, with the windows pointer settings turned up to max I can go across two screens with an inch of movement.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=330-9456

:geno:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

UglyCrackBaby posted:

What type of mouse do you all use? I'm considering getting one of those fancy pants MMO mice with a ton of buttons all over it. Any suggestions?

I would get the Logitech g600. Stay away from Razer. As someone who has had 2 Nagas in the past and other Razer stuff, their Synapse software has so many problems its frustrating.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

my logitech g502 has served me very well. a few extra buttons but nothing crazy.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
http://www.amazon.com/Cosa-Nova-Computer-Mouse-Tiger/dp/B00DMPBIPG

This one is good and reasonably priced.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I have the G602 it's very good

nm, this one

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

I use SteelSeries Sensei Raw. It's the fancy Sensei with the internal memory and cosmetic light options stripped out.

Mercurius posted:

I'm honestly not sure you can do much more than that with medium armour, that's pretty great.

I tried my hand at making a luchadore with light armour a while back and I think it came out okay:

That is amazing. Light armor has more to it than I thought it would for this.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I have the G602 it's very good

nm, this one

My MX518 died recently and I picked up a G602. I like it a lot. But I still miss my trusty MX518.

Also I haven't played for a bit but holy poo poo what did they do to poor Chronomancer? :smith:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Vanderdeath posted:

Also I haven't played for a bit but holy poo poo what did they do to poor Chronomancer? :smith:

balanced it

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Generic Octopus posted:

Yea it's from this little known book, Atlas Shrugged.

The thing about Atlas Shrugged is that it is so ridiculous that if you actually described the reasons it is ridiculous to someone unfamiliar, they would probably think you were exaggerating, because seriously, nobody would seriously put a speech that long in the book.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
When does the new year event end?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Depends posted:

When does the new year event end?

Feb 9th.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

HUG ME FOREVER posted:

I use SteelSeries Sensei Raw. It's the fancy Sensei with the internal memory and cosmetic light options stripped out.

That is amazing. Light armor has more to it than I thought it would for this.
Light armour is extremely annoying to try and build outfits with if you're not on a male character because the ladies can't get pants :argh:. In this case, Norn males have amazing tattoos that compliment the armour really well and the necro masks look great on them.

Incidentally, welcome back Pickel.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

UglyCrackBaby posted:

cyborg mmo7

It's good for me because I have little girl hands and I don't like to move my thumb around too much. I can hit ten buttons on that side panel just by rocking my thumb back and forth.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
I bought a "keyboard" for my computer, which has provided plenty of room to bind all of my abilities.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Another SFD world first in ugly loving trophies to "decorate" our guild hall.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Another SFD world first in ugly loving trophies to "decorate" our guild hall.

What is that thing? It looks like a slice of a giant banana.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
idk someone's mom's dildo or something. look all the pieces are right there someone make it work

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Supposed to be a tooth. I got it from killing the mouth of Mordremoth.

If only it came stained with the fresh blood of pubbies.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
There's too many phallic suggestive guild decorations, we need some things to pair with them already. I can think of at least one great option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Re: Mouse Chat

I run a pretty simple 5 button mouse (Logitech MX518, it's great) and have weapon swap on thumb button and dodge roll on the other thumb button.

Ability hotkeys are

code:
Default: 1234567890
Mine:    QERFZXCVTG
I have F1-F5 on 1-5.

I also changed the move keys to be WASD instead of the weird QWES they use. It works pretty well, though im considering switching to ESDF movement based scheme because it would allow me to have more ability keys closer to my default hand position - I have trouble hitting my Elite on G quickly sometimes.

Really, you don't need a big fancy schmancy mouse unless you actively like having that many thumb buttons. A good keyboard binding setup will put 15-20 keys within easy reach of your hand.

• Locked thread