Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

Puistokemisti posted:

Anime is filth, animeism is disease, seek help.

"...anyway, here's Wonderwall"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So did this ever come out?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

GreyPowerVan posted:

So did this ever come out?

There is supposed to be some kind of announcement tomorrow. We have no idea what that announcement entails though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

A baby born when this thread started would be walking and talking by now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

there are now people drawing social security born after star citizen began development

makes u think

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

For like a year and a half or more already, depending on how quick the baby learns.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
e: nvm

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Stardew Valley will be this baby's first video game. :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Any of these harvest moon like games on Android? One stipulation is that they don't suck.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Seeds of Memories is supposed to be on Android soon if it isn't already. It plays like a light Harvest Moon but I wouldn't say it's missing anything major.

There's a Harvest Moon thread that encompasses all Harvest Moon-like games other than Stardew with this thread.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 29, 2016

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Hey guys, we'll be streaming Stardew Valley this evening, and making an announcement. We're starting at 6pm GMT at http://www.twitch.tv/chucklefishlive

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Supernorn posted:

Hey guys, we'll be streaming Stardew Valley this evening, and making an announcement. We're starting at 6pm GMT at http://www.twitch.tv/chucklefishlive

Good poo poo. Can I request that you guys comprehensively cover farming and crafting? Like start off with the basics but also move into some of the ways you make it more efficient later, thanks!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Way to excited for the announcement I've been following this game for way too long. Get the hype train going again

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

The announcement is that they've changed direction for the project, making a Stardew Valley DOTA-clone instead.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

kissekatt posted:

The announcement is that they've changed direction for the project, making a Stardew Valley DOTA-clone instead.

Well yeah, when they said it's a game about farming, what did you think they meant?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Man that's a slow walk speed.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mzbundifund posted:

Man that's a slow walk speed.

Gives you something to upgrade.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Release Date: February 26th

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
neat

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

And here's the launch trailer :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7uXNQskhs

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I can't watch the stream, (phone posting from a waiting room) somebody let post if they announce anything about when multiplayer will be in. (if ever)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I think the game looks pretty great on the whole. The guy does good pixel art.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that launch trailer is good as hell

def buy

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Thanks for stopping by guys! Apologies for the few technical hiccups, we're still a bit amateur at the streaming stuff. But I think the trailer more than makes up for it!

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I was starting to get nervous because all the other farm games that have been rushing to beat its release lately look like hot garbage, but THIS is what I've been hype for so long. Like YO!!! It feels safe to finally get excited and I'm really looking forward to it

^^
The trailer is great! Can't wait to play it

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Wow, Stardew dev loving hosed up big time on the release date.

That's when the next Fire Emblem comes out in the US, complete with it's two expansion packs and total 70-80~ price. Yeah, the vocal fanbases for harvest moon and fire emblem totally don't match up closely, no sir.

Still, it's coming out!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That's too bad for Fire Emblem. :smug:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Buying NotHarvestMoon. Barely know what fire emblem is besides some JRPG series.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

That's when the next Fire Emblem comes out in the US, complete with it's two expansion packs and total 70-80~ price. Yeah, the vocal fanbases for harvest moon and fire emblem totally don't match up closely, no sir.

Still, it's coming out!

I'm just one guy, but Fire Emblem's release has absolutely no impact on my buying decision for this game on day 1.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I don't even know what Fire Emblem is

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Also, hats off to you guys for keeping this streamed announcement short. I thought I'd have to listen through at least an hour of muddling through the gameplay before the announcement.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Gamerofthegame posted:

Still, it's coming out!

Hey, someone needs to scoop up the wayward fans driven away after Fire Emblem's US release dropped the Pokemon-Amie soldier-petting feature.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's looking real good, it's weird to me that there haven't been more harvest moon clones

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

RentACop posted:

It's looking real good, it's weird to me that there haven't been more harvest moon clones

That might change if this game does well which I am sure that it will as long as it gets enough publicity.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

loving A, it's happening.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/user/ConcernedApe

quote:

I haven't settled on one yet but just between you and me it will probably be $15.

quote:

I haven't made a final decision yet, but I can say for sure that it will be in the $10-$15 range.

quote:

Yes, the co-op gameplay will be almost identical to singleplayer, except with up to 4 players working together. However, co-op won't be in the game at launch. I'm planning on releasing that as an update later on.

quote:

Yes, multiplayer is still planned as a future update to the game. I had multiplayer partially working about a year ago. You could run around the world together, do work on the farm, chat, etc. However, I switched gears to finish all the single-player content of the game and haven't touched the multiplayer since. So it will definitely need some effort to get it all working with the current state of the game, as well as implementing multiplayer-specific gameplay features.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Nice, lookin' forward to this :3:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The only way I'm buying it on release is if they say the price will go up when multiplayer comes out Minecraft style. Which I don't think they will do. So I'm waiting for multiplayer.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
I'm buying this and Fire Emblem. Embrace anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

dijon du jour posted:

Hey, someone needs to scoop up the wayward fans driven away after Fire Emblem's US release dropped the Pokemon-Amie soldier-petting feature.

say what :eyepop: