Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

theultimo posted:

Reminder COL SEALED RECORDS RONALD REAGAN

https://youtu.be/DyAVjIndWOE

I need a nap. I saw the 05/06/1970 time stamp and was like "that's really good quality for 1970".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

MariusLecter posted:

the green beret colonel whos records were sealed personally by Ronald Wilson Reagan sighed as he drew his pellet gun...

the best part about this whole situation and thread is years from now people will read it in the archives and not realize that every shitpost joke is actually an accurate representation of the facts as they happened

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

theultimo posted:

Reminder COL SEALED RECORDS RONALD REAGAN

https://youtu.be/DyAVjIndWOE

Sealed by President Reagan in 1980. :eng101:
Reagan wasn't president in 1980

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

A Winner is Jew posted:

I think maybe we found a crisis actor bois.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

Muh records were sealed by JIMMY CARTER?! Noooooo!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Keg posted:

Montel Williams is the soft spoken black man who smokes weed everyday. You're thinking of Maury, the man who wore FUBU once and married Connie Chung.

I think you mean Murry.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

VikingSkull posted:

My great great great grandfather was John Brown, no poo poo, so I kinda take offense to these "Patriots"

No lie, your great great grandfather is a personal hero of mine.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

The Dark Project posted:

No lie, your great great grandfather is a personal hero of mine.

Yeah, me too. You gotta love a dude that runs other dudes through with a sword and then attacks the government.....

.....and he ends up the right one somehow.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah, me too. You gotta love a dude that runs other dudes through with a sword and then attacks the government.....

Wasn't it a spear? That poo poo is baller.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Yeah I thought about that for a second after I posted :)

"A great man who decided he had had enough, and decided to revolt against the unjust system in America and... wait a minute"

But yeah, he was right on the money. I do often wonder what he would have made of how it all turned out, and how things are today. I expect he'd still be righteously pissed about it all.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

MariusLecter posted:

Wasn't it a spear? That poo poo is baller.

He ordered those for the slave uprising, never got used. He and his sons small group would sneak into pro-slavers houses during Bleeding Kansas and kill them while they slept with swords.

About him today, I think I got possessed by him last year when I nuked like half the other side of my family from FB during the rebel flag poo poo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

VikingSkull posted:

He ordered those for the slave uprising, never got used. He and his sons small group would sneak into pro-slavers houses during Bleeding Kansas and kill them while they slept with swords.

Read in Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth that Christ figures regularly broke into rich peoples houses and did this same thing and Jesus himself, if he didn't do it sure as hell condoned it.

What I'm saying is, He did God's work. And by extension, so are you. :)

MariusLecter has issued a correction as of 20:14 on Jan 29, 2016

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

About him today, I think I got possessed by him last year when I nuked like half the other side of my family from FB during the rebel flag poo poo.

A good great great grandson. Glad to see he's still around :)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
:D

In all seriousness, gently caress these guys.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

InterFaced posted:

I think maybe we found a crisis actor bois.

hmmm, reagan was an actor, and in was in crises

how deep does this go?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

The Dark Project posted:

Review of the book LaVoy Finicum wrote;

Amazon posted:

Book source: borrowed via Kindle Unlimited - a subscription service that I pay a monthly fee to Amazon.

The basic plotline is that there's been some kind of nuclear attack on the US. If it was mentioned who the attacking country was, I missed it since I don't recall any mention. Anyhow, events take place mostly in the the four corners region of the US as the children of our 'hero' are caught in the aftermath of the explosion (cars won't run) and know that if they can just get home to the ranch and Dad (with a capital D), everything will be OK.

Since there are no cars running, walking or bicycles seem to be the only way to get around. Those of you familiar with the high desert of the Four Corners region know what kind of a rugged landscape is, and it's winter and snowing to boot - but no worries, these kids are H.E.A.L.T.H.Y. and can handle it all. Plus, any dangerous peeps about and they're loaded to the hilt with firearms, just like Dad (with a capital D) taught them. Oh, and since Dad (with a capital D) was wise and believed in an old prophecy by one of the Mormon gurus, he's been stocking up on food for years and even stashing it in super-secret places all over all the back roads leading to the ranch for the kids to find it on their way through the dangerous high country. And they actually found those caches, despite the heavy snow. For realz.

SPOILERS AHEAD: after the kids get to the ranch and everyone's safe (except Dad's wife who didn't believe in carrying guns, so the baddies knocked her off in the first chapter), there's all kinds of kerfuffles in the community over them having lots of food stashed away and it should be shared with everyone else who wasn't smart enough to stash away. That all leads to a big stand off and our 'hero' packs up his guns and thus ensues some big shoot-em-up. Why he would fire on his neighbors and not negotiate? Dunno, but even worse afterwards our 'hero' is judge, jury and executioner over a female government employee that he resented over the whole thing and ----------->>>>real spoiler---->>>he strung her up on his rope and hung her.

END SPOILERS.

Isn't he special? Not. Now to the writing itself, I'll quote some text and make comments so you can decide for yourself. Sarcasm font is on, folks.

"...like L.A., civil unrest was starting to break out there as well. To avoid that, I had chosen to take I-40 and circle around through Flagstaff. From there I would go north staying on Highway 89 which passed through Page, crossing the Colorado River at the Glen Canyon Dam. From Page, the ranch was less than an hour and a half away."

First person narrative 101 as taught by EL James, and that's not a compliment. And there's even a footnote somewhere to tell the ignorant reader that most places in the book really exist. Like the Grand Canyon. Good to know that's a real place (sarcasm font is on folks).

"Beneath my camo jacket I had on my tactical vest. The right side of the vest had six 30-round magazines for my AR. The left side had my 45 Sig Saur auto with two extra magazines above it. Along with my 45 auto, I still had my 44-40 Colt revolver strapped to my hip. I had been unable to part with it and the weight of it resting on my thigh was comforting."

TMI. Oh and did I mention that anytime any new weapon is introduced to the story there's a footnote giving the reader for more unnecessary detail on said weapon? And there's a whole bunch of weapons in this short book. Oh, and did I mention a lot of other footnotes stating 'facts' - with no backup documentation - just the author's word that those are facts. And then there was a footnote to tell we stupid readers what loaded for bear means.

Now a sample of the oh-so-heavy-handed rhetoric that litters the pages.

"What fools in Washington thought that by unilaterally disarming ourselves it would make the rest of the world like us more? There were actual fools in Washington but there were also traitors. Traitors that knew this would happen. They would not be the ones caught by surprise."

"I used to take pride in the Eagle Badge I had earned. Now I wouldn’t want anyone to know that I had been a Scout. The Boy Scout organization had violated their own Scout oath; their oath to be morally straight."

The ideal of Americanism had been twisted so as to become a mirror opposite.

I have lots more, but that's enough I think to get the point across what to expect in this book. Lastly, back to current event in Oregon, I couldn't resist highlighting a few sentences that I would call pot-meet-kettle. You be the judge.

"Living and breathing was just another way of saying, “Words mean whatever we want them to mean.”

"It was a hard and fast line in his world. If you did not earn it, if you did not pay for it, if it was not given to you, it wasn’t yours."

“We should be free to make stupid choices if we want and then be allowed to experience the full weight of those choices."

Amen to that, people who make a dumb choice should pay the consequences of their heedless actions.

Move over Tom Clancy, we've got a live one here!

Oh wait. Oh....

I find it deeply satisfying that the dude who'd written a book whose triumphant ending was him drawing a gun and shooting 3 armed federal agents before any of them have a chance to raise their weapons and fire, was killed while trying to slowly and obviously draw a pistol to fire on lawmen. Like, This is irony. This is a man meeting his just desserts.

I don't believe that the world is a just place, or that cops are anywhere near right most of the time, or that the punished were guilty and the guilty are punished. I don't see anything wrong with what happened here.

My lust for blood is sated for the moment.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Has there been any word from the refuge yet?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
someone photoshop the face from the shroud of turin onto a blue tarp

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Has there been any word from the refuge yet?

All Quiet on the Northwestern Tarp

Four brave Walmartyrs still slowly freezing to death on a windblown hellscape

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

All Quiet on the Northwestern Tarp

Four brave Walmartyrs still slowly freezing to death on a windblown hellscape

The COWliphate must be avenged

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Uncle Enzo posted:

I find it deeply satisfying that the dude who'd written a book whose triumphant ending was him drawing a gun and shooting 3 armed federal agents before any of them have a chance to raise their weapons and fire, was killed while trying to slowly and obviously draw a pistol to fire on lawmen. Like, This is irony. This is a man meeting his just desserts.

I don't believe that the world is a just place, or that cops are anywhere near right most of the time, or that the punished were guilty and the guilty are punished. I don't see anything wrong with what happened here.

My lust for blood is sated for the moment.
That's how the book ended? I couldn't tell from the review, but if that's true then holy poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Uncle Enzo posted:

lol

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

cumshitter posted:

someone photoshop the face from the shroud of turin onto a blue tarp

This needs to happen. Stay safe :3: ghost!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

remember fry is just a younger lavoy in the making

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The funny part is that they are sitting out by the road and freezing because they think the feds'll rush them if they go back inside the nice warm buildings.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I live in Oregon, and have some prepper-type relatives that live north of Burns. I can't wait for their conspiracy screeds.

Quote from reddit about the video the FBI released:

redditperson posted:

Here's my tl;dr : you can clearly see a bigfoot at 12:12 as it makes off with the murder weapon. The chemtrails that the airplanes made were not enough to stop the car, but did obscure the 13th shooter who was hidden behind the grassy knoll. Also, it was clearly filmed on the moon, rather than Oregon. Probably actors. Suspiciously, there were no Jews in any of the cars when they left. Had they been warned? You can clearly see that he was hit with an RPG before his hands go down. What they're not telling you is that there was fluoride in the refuge water.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

someone asked earlier in the thread but i really need to know if this cop was off in the woods taking a piss immediately before he popped lavoy with his unwashed hands

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Shoulda put more into bloodtinge geezer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Finicum was killed because he didn't have his tarp.

It's like King Arthur losing Excalibur.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
"Boys, you don't practice every day of your life for forty years with a six shooter to...oh gently caress!" *pop pop pop*

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

so did these guys succeed
are we all finally free

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuhrerHat posted:

so did these guys succeed
are we all finally free

are freedumbs are perversed

ty refuge ghosts

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
whoso pulleth out this gun of this holstered flannel is rightwise born free, man of the land

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

King of Bees posted:

"Boys, you don't practice every day of your life for forty years with a six shooter to...oh gently caress!" *pop pop pop*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHG-ibZaKM

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cumshitter posted:

whoso pulleth out this gun of this holstered flannel is rightwise born free, man of the land

:lol:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Bet that trigger finger makes his wife happy. Or jumpy. Or husband. We're all Gods creatures on this spaceship Earth.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Between his "HOLD MAH DRINK AND WATCH THIS" attitude and his quickscoping skills, Jerry Miculek is basically Grandpa MLG. :3:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DeusExMachinima posted:

Between his "HOLD MAH DRINK AND WATCH THIS" attitude and his quickscoping skills, Jerry Miculek is basically Grandpa MLG. :3:

he'd have dropped all those feds faster than you could blink

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

no slow motion makes me sad...

http://i.imgur.com/59V3TF4.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Corndog
Apr 5, 2008

It's lamb, ding dong,
not sal-man

Stay Safe Tarp Ghost.