Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will dethrone ZSB First for Titles?
Miami
GT
UNC
NCSU
BC
FSU
Clemson
EA Sports
NO ONE
View Results

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The NCAA and all the conferences won't license out team names and they can't yet pay current players to license them either. It's not coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

ElwoodCuse posted:

The NCAA and all the conferences won't license out team names and they can't yet pay current players to license them either. It's not coming back.

NOT YET ANYWAY. I do firmly believe once they figure out how to include some amount of licensing fee into their cost of attendance, it'll be back. That will still likely short change those guys, and it would be specific to certain sports which could mess with Title IX, but there is too much money to be made in a CFB game for them not to eventually work it out.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If Dubious wants to play an ACC title game you can hit me up. Otherwise I'll play it soonish and get to bowl season (BCS title game rematch imminent).

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

If Dubious wants to play an ACC title game you can hit me up. Otherwise I'll play it soonish and get to bowl season (BCS title game rematch imminent).

Why is he on AP to begin with? Last I remember is he was excited to have a team without the xp bug?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Why is he on AP to begin with? Last I remember is he was excited to have a team without the xp bug?

He then said he'd lost interest, but might pop back in if he felt like it. He also didn't like Sean Maguire not having a stupid elite arm despite me playing with noodle arm of the INTs Brewer all season. So he hasn't posted in a while and sorta fell off. It sorta feels like it's down to you and me. Cletus didn't even play his last couple games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

He then said he'd lost interest, but might pop back in if he felt like it. He also didn't like Sean Maguire not having a stupid elite arm despite me playing with noodle arm of the INTs Brewer all season. So he hasn't posted in a while and sorta fell off. It sorta feels like it's down to you and me. Cletus didn't even play his last couple games.

I'll kill the B1G after its current season. It's either going to get guys back into this league, or it'll speed up the inevitable.

I'm so bored with Nebraska.

E: His current QB has 89THP, and his True Freshman has 87. There's gotta be more to it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Yea I just had too much internet football going on at once and was a little burned out.

Since JB is killing the B1G i'll pay attention to this again, where I see I backed into a title game. Kind of tight on time the next few days to play it unless you can play late tonight.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i can play tomorrow morning, although if i can bullshit out a win it feels a little hollow.

If you can't play then, go ahead and let's move on to the offseason.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Tomorrow morning is basically my only window too, so say 9 am ct?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I've been bad about checking in on this. Next season I'm all in and will play my games. Love 2 ACC

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I forgive everyone their waning interest. I'll try and hop on if my fiance goes to yoga. Have to see but I'd like to try and play the game dubious.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
gonna shower and eat, then i'm good to play.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Word I'll be on soon.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
ok drop and overthrow everything, fun

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
woof.

GG, i had no answer for all of that pressure.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

woof.

GG, i had no answer for all of that pressure.

You felt a bit rusty. Although that glorious D line is all gone after this year and probably 1/2 my secondary so next season will be a different tune. However, I will have a QB with like actual THP starting.

Bowl Season!
VT vs Pitt for all the marbles.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I can play now if you want.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nothing new to see here. Game was close until the third when VT got the ball and drove right down the field. Per usual this forced me to throw more and the Hokies dline ate my QB for dinner. By mid way through the 4th my #1 and #2 QBs were knocked out of the game.

The big three are a great combo but that's really the only talent on this team. So many dropped passes by my supporting cast of WRs and DBs. The oline was obliterated in the second half and I was running for my life. However, I knew what I was getting into when I chose this team so this was expected. I'm about 2-3 seasons removed from being a real competitor and I hope killing the B1G will allow us to get there.

V-Tech over Pitt, 42-21. GG

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Game was really close and then the 4th quarter my dedication to the run game paid off. I'm not sure how your QBs got hurt since I turned injuries off :iiam: that as exactly what I was trying to avoid...next season my team is going to be much much younger in all the places that really matter so I think it'll be less defensive domination. We'll prb move quickly to the offseason unless there any objections (like tonight or tomorrow).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

I think I only missed my game with Georgia - I was just waiting to play it since it seemed like a lot of people still hadn't played. I would've played it. But glad I won in the sim so no biggie. :)

edit - I'll play my bowl game tomorrow.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 19, 2016

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We are on players leaving.

And OH BOY SO MUCH OF THE DEPTH I NEEDED TRANSFERED LIKE FAGGOTS. Bye 4 freshman thanks for poo poo even though some of you played many snaps.

Also the best defensive player wasn't even considered draftable. And I have a BS DC now that I lost my coordinators, at least offense got a bump. This game gives and it takes so harshly sometimes.

24-48 hours whatever I end up feeling like.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

:stare:

Well um...I'm r2a.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

End of Season Wrap: A post late, but never forgotten

Rankings
#1 VT
#5 Pitt
#6 GT
#9 FSU
#12 NCSU
NR: Clemson, UNC, BC

Awards/AA things
J. Thomas QB GT - Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp, O' Brien, 1st Team AA
D. Nicholas DE VT - Bednarik, Nagurski, Lombardi, 1st Team AA
J. Conner HB Pitt - Doak Walker 1st Team AA
J. Holtz TE Pitt - Mackey, 1st Team AA
D. Clarke LB VT - Best LB, 1st Team AA
T. Webb SS Pitt - Thorpe
J. Slye K VT - Groza
C. James HB Pitt - Best Ret

AA Total Tally
VT - 12
Pitt - 10
UNC - 2
GT - 1

Basically Pitt owned all the offensive stat categories worth mentioning and VT owned all the defensive stat categories worth mentioning so yeah #1 in both overall too.

OPOTY - J. Thomas QB GT MAD STATS YO also awards etc
DPOTY - J. Nicholas DE VT awards, stats, plus you know he wrecked most of y'all when we played.
COTY - JB Pitt because honestly only losing 1 game with that mediocre defense is worth something (also BCS title appearance)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I just hope my coach and team prestige has increased. Need those juicy recruits next season...and every subsequent season.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

drat, not even a single AA

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Since I lost the BCSCG with loving Pitt my prestige dropped to B+.

Anyway, let's rock. I'm ready for another year of runner-up.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Super sorry I didn't advance this before the weekend guys, ran out of time before i left for Cancun. I'll advance us to recruiting tonight.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Likely story

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We're on recruiting since it's sorta important take until tomorrow morning.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Position Changes.

I plan to move it again after the weekend probably (sunday or monday).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a.

Really hoping for some significant boosts from training.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Holy gently caress my team is bad at QB, LB, DBs. Losing my top 4 CBs to graduation after this year

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Holy gently caress my team is bad at QB, LB, DBs. Losing my top 4 CBs to graduation after this year

You gotta dig in this year or you're going to fall behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
huh well then, the guys I poo poo points into still didn't commit.

Here we go for a strong class this season.

• Locked thread