Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

RBA Starblade posted:

I've never heard of Nova-111 but reviews call it :mediocre:. Has anyone played it?

I would agree with calling it :mediocre:, tbh. It's a turn based game (you move, then all the enemies move) where you bash your way through mysterious lands in a spaceship, saving scientists. The big gimmick is that some elements are time based (so a shot might dissipate after five seconds, for example), rather than turn based. All said, I think that it's worth a download and have a look, but don't get your hopes too high over it being the next Rocket League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Armor-Piercing posted:

Doesn't that suggest that I am Alive was the original free game and P4U is the one that was switched in?

That's what I was thinking. Sorry if the other post wasn't clear about it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It was actually but I appear to be illiterate :v:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I'm excited for mobile Crypt of the Necrodancer

RBA Starblade posted:

I've never heard of Nova-111 but reviews call it :mediocre:. Has anyone played it?

this guy made a video and said a lot of things about it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ythOI5yEqw

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I heard the latest Vita update broke the system, is it better yet? I was planning on playing Grim Fandango over the weekend

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I heard the latest Vita update broke the system, is it better yet?

Nope.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I was planning on playing Grim Fandango over the weekend

Unless you already downloaded it be ready to spend a couple of hours just trying to get authenticated to perform a download.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Saoshyant posted:

Unless you already downloaded it be ready to spend a couple of hours just trying to get authenticated to perform a download.
Wait what? I updated my PSTV last night and downloaded some games without issue. Are they slammed right now for some reason?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
The problems are not hitting everyone, which is the more frustrating thing than the defects.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

CrashCat posted:

Wait what? I updated my PSTV last night and downloaded some games without issue. Are they slammed right now for some reason?

some people are having trouble with their vitas after updating the firmware but it's a minority

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if it's related to your version of Vita or something.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

CrashCat posted:

For some people the firmware update broke access to PSN entirely/just the store, also leaving some ghost process in the background that murders your battery during sleep mode. Not everyone is affected, though I have no idea why it hits a lot of people but not everyone. It affects all models of the Vita and the TV thing.

Rebuilding the database and/or restarting the system seems to fix it for some, but the problem also seems to come back eventually. You may have restarted your Vita TV and not even noticed the problem yourself or never suffered from it to begin with. Either way it is affecting enough people that the Sony support forums, reddit, neogaf, and twitter are full of similar reports.

Basically, if you are lucky you won't notice anything, if you aren't you won't be doing much downloading. To make matters worse, Sony's support line has recommended to people calling them to do a full system restore, which means people lose access to even the games they have installed currently. If you are affected by the firmware issue do NOT perform a system restore!

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 29, 2016

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
The reported problems are happening on all models and PSTV. I reported the problems to PS support and they acknowledged it, so hopefully something will be done soon.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Saoshyant posted:

For some people the firmware update broke access to PSN entirely/just the store, also leaving some ghost process in the background that murders your battery during sleep mode. Not everyone is affected, though I have no idea why it hits a lot of people but not everyone. It affects all models of the Vita and the TV thing.

Rebuilding the database and/or restarting the system seems to fix it for some of those people, but the problem seems to come back eventually. You may have restarted your Vita TV and not even noticed the problem yourself or you never suffered from it. Either way it is affecting enough people that the Sony support forums, reddit, neogaf, and twitter are full of similar reports.
Interesting. I did notice that my update automatically rebuilt the database as well so I guess I lucked out. Though with the PSTV if you brick it it's a cheap bill to replace.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
But hey, my PS3's auto-update is finally working again, so there's that.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
I want a physical version of gravity rush hd but amazon.ca refuses to show it in stock and im having a panny

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Yoya posted:

I want a physical version of gravity rush hd but amazon.ca refuses to show it in stock and im having a panny

It's irritating. Apparently it's only having a limited physical release, and Canada didn't make the cut. We do, at least, get it at par to the US dollar. And the theme the digital version comes with is cute.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

barren_sky posted:

And the theme the digital version comes with is cute.

It's cool, though I wish the song was a little longer

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, after some month I tried again to add my credit card to the store and while the webpage said the credit was invalid; my bank just notified me that Sony charged me 1 dollar.

I guess it was added after all?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Starting this Sunday and lasting for a week, Target will once again have a "Buy 1 Get 1 10% Off" sale on gaming cards, including PS funding and PS+ cards.

2 $20 cards = $38
2 $50 cards = $95

:shrug:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Uh, after some month I tried again to add my credit card to the store and while the webpage said the credit was invalid; my bank just notified me that Sony charged me 1 dollar.

It's possible they did get a dollar "hold" through to test your account and then rejected it anyway because of their extremely picky address verification system

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

Yechezkel posted:

Starting this Sunday and lasting for a week, Target will once again have a "Buy 1 Get 1 10% Off" sale on gaming cards, including PS funding and PS+ cards.

2 $20 cards = $38
2 $50 cards = $95

:shrug:

People on here seem to make stupid purchase decisions during the "Spend $100, get $15 back" promos. Saving $5 and actually waiting for a sale may be worth it.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I suppose I should ask this in the Vita thread but I cant find it. Is Trails of Cold Steel any good? It just came out in Europe.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This eventually started happening with my main debit card, so I put my Google Wallet card on file. That way, if there's some dumb hack, I can cancel it painlessly and go from there.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

croutonZA posted:

I suppose I should ask this in the Vita thread but I cant find it. Is Trails of Cold Steel any good? It just came out in Europe.

Vita thread is this way. I'm having fun with it, but I'm probably less than, like, 4 hours into it.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Does the ps4 still come with a month (or was it a week?) of PS+, or was that just a launch promotion?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

mine did when i got it in october. they only work if your account has never had + on it at all before though

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Awesome! posted:

mine did when i got it in october. they only work if your account has never had + on it at all before though

Oh, well that's worthless to me, then. Guess I'll have to look for someone to give my code to if I get one

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are any of Tuesday's PS4 games going up Monday at 9 pacific? Basically are any up for preorder?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Feenix posted:

Are any of Tuesday's PS4 games going up Monday at 9 pacific? Basically are any up for preorder?

Gravity Rush is. I already have it pre-loaded.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

barren_sky posted:

Gravity Rush is. I already have it pre-loaded.

Is good? People talk it up a lot so I want it but I just still don't really know what kind of game it is.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Feenix posted:

Is good? People talk it up a lot so I want it but I just still don't really know what kind of game it is.

Gravity Rush is a solid, but very flawed game. Basically, it's an open world game where the central conceit is that your character - Kat - can control gravity around her. So she can run on walls/ceilings/the bottom of buildings, fall up, etc.

The main flaw is that there's a lot of combat in the game and the combat isn't amazing, especially if you fall into the trap of trying to Gravity Kick everything. That said, it's really cool and definitely worth a look.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Feenix posted:

To me, Gravity Rush was the best thing on the Vita by a country mile. I loved it. The flight/falling controls take some getting used to, but once you do it's exhilarating. If you aren't sure, it might be worth waiting for a sale or a demo, because some people really seem to dislike the combat, but I found it fun as hell, mainly because it's so different. A lot of strategies you might use in other action games just don't work here. It's tough at first but once you've leveled up your combat and gravity skills (both in-game and through practice) you can be a whirlwind of destruction.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

Gravity Rush is a solid, but very flawed game. Basically, it's an open world game where the central conceit is that your character - Kat - can control gravity around her. So she can run on walls/ceilings/the bottom of buildings, fall up, etc.

The main flaw is that there's a lot of combat in the game and the combat isn't amazing, especially if you fall into the trap of trying to Gravity Kick everything. That said, it's really cool and definitely worth a look.
Honestly gravity kick never got old to me. Thought I was cheesing combat but just zipping all over the place was neat and pretty and all that good stuff :downs: If the controller maintains the same feel as rotating the Vita around like a doofus then this'll be wonderful.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Geop posted:

Honestly gravity kick never got old to me. Thought I was cheesing combat but just zipping all over the place was neat and pretty and all that good stuff :downs:

It has, in my opinion, the funnest mode of transportation in any video game.

It's not flying.

It's falling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wasn't aware there were options not to gravity kick

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It has, in my opinion, the funnest mode of transportation in any video game.

It's not flying.

It's falling

With style.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

I wasn't aware there were options not to gravity kick

For real, I'd just divekick the world half of the time, it feels amazing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
By the time you upgrade your gravity gauge up halfway you can stay in the air forever, it's awesome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GR is probably the best open world handheld game ive played, but dont expect something on the level of a full console game until the sequel is out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That sequel is gonna be killer. There was like a 10 second gameplay clip and when you cut out gravity every little piece of fruit in the area started floating away with you. Awesome

• Locked thread