Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
I cannot wait for voting to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

katlington posted:

Did you seriously read that entire Scott Alexander thing?

i skim when i read but i dunno it took 15 minutes? i cant remember. i didnt read the comments

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Coatlicue posted:

I cannot wait for voting to start.

Go enjoy your weekend, read a nice book, grill some food, get your stress levels down, skip drinking and give your liver a break

You'll need it come Monday night :twisted:

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/693241143744696320

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

When the embers of 2016 have burned out and are finally cool to the touch, we'll look back and see that the real story of the 2016 campaign wasn't about Trump, or Sanders, or anger, or populism -- it was the utter failure of traditional journalism to live up to its foundational principles. It has been a long time coming, but mainstream outlets have finally crossed the Rubicon into click-bait journalism and have handed over control of the narrative to the Fifth Estate.

Somewhere along the way, journalism forgot that its first obligation is to the truth and that it should maintain independence from those they cover and not become part of the story. This abject failure is the reason for Trump's success. Had he been scrutinized in the slightest, and, in light of that scrutiny, been given the proper levels of media attention he deserved -- which is to say, none -- Trump would be polling below Ben Carson levels.

Trump is purely a media creation and if you truly wanted to "kill Trump," this is how you would do it -- by strangling his coverage.
Do Not Resuscitate, why did you ragequit the thread and delete your previous 1,159 posts, and change your name last Friday :confused:

edit: I seriously loved the Jeb! Failure Report and now regret not having them saved for posterity

pwn fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 30, 2016

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
I notice that the thread turns to poo poo whenever someone calls trump a racist so maybe that should be banned instead.

Honestly it's hard to have a safe space with such offensive words being thrown out constantly!

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

AllanGordon posted:

I notice that the thread turns to poo poo whenever someone calls trump a racist so maybe that should be banned instead.

Honestly it's hard to have a safe space with such offensive words being thrown out constantly!

It's really weird that when internet leftists start using one of their ultimate power words with the intent of provocation, people are provoked and respond to it.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Mere days away from the Iowa caucuses, Donald Trump decides to get into a twitter feud with Ben Sasse, the junior senator from Nebraska, a guy that no one realized existed until today.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It's really weird that when internet leftists start using one of their ultimate power words with the intent of provocation, people are provoked and respond to it.

Posting about posting

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

AllanGordon posted:

It's not only Trump who gets called racist, it's posters too. I agree we need to keep the bullies out - Liberals, respect our safe space!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Sasse

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/BenSasse/status/693252441232510976

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

sullat posted:

In a thread full of wrong opinions, this is one of the wrongest. The Kushites conquered Egypt in about 760 BC, and were eventually expelled by the Assyrians. About 2000 years after the great pyramids were built.

If you believe late dynasty revisionists who wanted to whitewash their history.

Face it, sullat: Black africans exported pyramids, and the mathematics necessary to build them, to Egypt.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

haha looks like someone outside this thread has heard of the finger length thing

i predict nothing will happen

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Next thing ya kno, Trump's gonna start calling out the closeted R's who support other candidates.

Aaron Shock and Adam Kinzinger, embrace the Trump before he cockblocks your shtumps!

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I think Senator Ben Sasse is the final establishment attempt to take down Trump. Sasse is going to kamikaze himself into a twitter feud with Trump so that he's so distracted he can't even campaign.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i guess this started because a senator from nebraska retweeted a trump joke from a comedy fake account named after the former coach of the cornhuskers

welcome to america

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Ben Sasse is my Senator :911:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

The Kingfish posted:

Ben Sasse is my Senator :911:

The Sasse... is an rear end.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

oystertoadfish posted:

haha looks like someone outside this thread has heard of the finger length thing

i predict nothing will happen

The foundation of narcissim is deep insecurity. Once somebody can find his irrational hot-button, and guess at how to approach it he simply can't defend against it.

Donald Trump is the mothership from Independence Day.
Welcome to Erf, you stubby-fingered vulgarian.

I just wish it didn't happen so soon. I wanted Cruz to fall further.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The Sasse... is an rear end.

One could say that Sasse is a bottom bitch to Trump's top

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

for what it's worth mr sasse pronounced sass' next election is in 2020

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It's a smart move unless Trump becomes president.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

If you believe late dynasty revisionists who wanted to whitewash their history.

Face it, sullat: Black africans exported pyramids, and the mathematics necessary to build them, to Egypt.

Ugh, I thought you guys were confined to liberal arts universities, don't tell me you escaped into the wild. Go back to academia, there's no tenure to be found here.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

sullat posted:

Ugh, I thought you guys were confined to liberal arts universities, don't tell me you escaped into the wild. Go back to academia, there's no tenure to be found here.

Why is it so hard for you to accept that non-whites invented non-euclydian geometry and trigonometry?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also i heard they invented peanut butter

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

LIST OF PRODUCTS MADE FROM PEANUT
BY
GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER

Foods
Salted Peanuts
Peanut Butter, regular (3)
Breakfast Food #1
Butter from Peanut Milk
Breakfast Food #2
Pancake Flour
Breakfast Food #3
Peanut Flour (11)
Breakfast Food #4
Peanut Surprise
Breakfast Food #5
Malted Peanuts
Bisque Powder
Peanut Meal, brown
Peanut Meal #1 and #2
Meat Substitutes
Chocolate Coated Peanuts
Chili Sauce
Peanut Cake #1 and #2
Peanut Brittle
Dry Coffee
Cream Candy
Instant Coffee
Peanut Flakes (2)
Peanut Hearts
Chop Suey Sauce
Mock Oysters
Mayonnaise
Worcestershire Sauce
Peanut Meat Loaf
Peanut Food #1
Shredded Peanuts
Peanut Sprouts
Peanut Bisque Powder
Peanut Tofu Sauce
Cooking Oil
Cream for Milk
Salad Oil
Buttermilk
Mock Meat
Mock Goose
Mock Duck
Mock Chicken
Mock Veal Cut
Milks (32)
Curds
Vinegar
Crystallized Peanuts
Peanut Relish #1
Peanut Sausage
Peanut Relish #2
Flavoring Paste
Peanut Chocolate Fudge
Oleomargarine
Peanut and Pop Corn Bars
Dehydrated Milk Flakes
Peanut Bar #1
Caramel
Peanut Tutti Frutti Bars
Butterscotch
Lard Compound
Evaporated Milk
Sweet Pickle
Golden Nuts
Cheese Cream
Substitute Asparagus
Cheese Pimento
Cheese Nut Sage
Cheese Tutti Frutti
CheeseSandwich
White Pepper, from Vines
Pickle, Plain
Cocoa
Peanut Dainties
Peanut Kisses
Bar Candy
Peanut Wafers

Stock Foods
Peanut Stock Food #1,#2, and #3
Peanut HullMeal
Peanut Hull Stock Food
Molasses Feed
Peanut HullBran
Peanut Hay Meal
Hen Food for laying (peanut hearts)
Peanut Meal (3)

Household Products
Laundry Soap
Sweeping Compound

Beverages
Peanut Orange Punch #1
Peanut Lemon Punch
Peanut Koumiss Beverage
Peanut Punch #2
Normal Peanut Beverage
Beverage for Ice Cream
Peanut Beverage Flakes
Blackberry Punch
Plum Punch
Evaporated Peanut Beverage
Cherry Punch
Pineapple Punch

Medicines
Rubbing Oil
Iron Tonic
Tannic Acid
Medicine similar to Castor Oil
Emulsion for Bronchitis
Castor Substitute
Goiter Treatment
Oils, Emulsified w/mercury for Venereal Disease (2)
Quinine
Laxatives

Cosmetics
Hand Lotion
Face Lotion
Face Cream
Vanishing Cream
Face Bleach and Tan Remover
Baby Massage Cream
Shampoo
Oil for Hair and Scalp
Shaving Cream
Pomade for Scalp
Face Ointment
Glycerine
Face Powder
All Purpose Cream
Fat Producing Cream
Tetter and Dandruff Cure
Toilet Soap
Antiseptic Soap
Pomade for Skin
Peanut Oil Shampoo

Dyes, Paints and Stains
Dyes for Leather
Dyes for Cloth (30)
Wood Stains (17)
Paints
Special Peanut Dye

General
Fuel Bricketts
Paper (white) from vines
Paper (colored) from vines
Paper (kraft form hulls)
Paper (newsprint) form vines
Paper (coarse) form skins
Insecticide
Glue
Gasoline
Gas
Wood Filler
Metal Polish
Plastics
Axel Grease
Lubricating Oil
Illuminating Oil
Diesel Fuel
Printers Ink
Writing Ink
Rubber
Coke (from hulls)
Washing Powder
Cleanser for hands
Linoleum
Wall Boards (from hulls) (11)
Insulating Board (18)
Sizing for Walls
Charcoal from shells
Nitroglycerine
Soil Conditioner
Soap Stock
Shoe and Leather Blacking

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

peanut relish #1 >>>>> peanut relish #2

thanks wikipedia

quote:

Carver's was far from the first American agricultural bulletin devoted to peanuts,[68][69][70][71][72] but his bulletins did seem to be more popular and widespread than previous ones.
[citation needed]

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 30, 2016

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm the 11 wall boards and 18 insulating boards

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

Why is it so hard for you to accept that non-whites invented non-euclydian geometry and trigonometry?

Ah, I see that you are trapped by your modern American conceptions of race, that you try and reduce everything to simply black and white.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

oystertoadfish posted:

i guess this started because a senator from nebraska retweeted a trump joke from a comedy fake account named after the former coach of the cornhuskers

welcome to america

It started last week when Sasse said that Trump's affairs with married women meant he was unqualified to be president.

Sasse might not have been speaking from personal experience yet, but I have a feeling he soon will be.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^yeah i didnt scroll down far enough to find that out. that attack demands some bullying. love that his second shot was the retweet and third is the short fingers

if i ever get a venereal disease i will demand a peanut-based oil to cure my condition

apparently i will have two cures to choose from

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 30, 2016

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
santorum

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

When does Selzer's poll come out tomorrow?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Saurus posted:

It's not only Trump who gets called racist, it's posters too. I agree we need to keep the bullies out - Liberals, respect our safe space!

Oh ffs, y'all can go to freep or /pol, this is a safe space for us to laugh at the clown car without having to deal with true kool-aid drinkers.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

When does Selzer's poll come out tomorrow?

5:45 pm real american standard time http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...urday/79411100/

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Sweet, the only time I'm going to be home in the afternoon/evening is 4:30-5:00 Mountain time, looks like I'll be watching the live stream like a loser.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

the_paradigm_shift posted:

Oh ffs, y'all can go to freep or /pol, this is a safe space for us to laugh at the clown car without having to deal with true kool-aid drinkers.

On the one hand, yeah they're insufferable assholes even when MIGF isn't posting, but on the other consider the glorious spectacle that was Boosted_C5 in 2012.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

the_paradigm_shift posted:

I have absolutely nothing in common with freepers or the literal nazis at /pol/

I'm a Sanderista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

it'll be really interesting to see what ann selzer says, and if she gets trumped (or cruzed? or rubioooed?) or if she's immune due to being the polling queen of iowa

• Locked thread