Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Max Wilco posted:

I guess I'll have to try picking up the Wii U version.

If I did buy the physical copy of Bayo2, would I still be able to get the discount on Bayo1? I ask because Wii U I bought came pre-loaded with Mario Kart 8, and I noticed that it was listed as 'download/purchased' via the eShop. Would a physical copy of the game register it to my account?

No. You need 2 digitally if you want the discount for one.

I'd recommend playing 1 on a 360 if you have access to one since although the Wii U version is miles better than PS3, it still has slowdown in some places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'd recommend playing 1 on a 360 if you have access to one since although the Wii U version is miles better than PS3, it still has slowdown in some places.

If he played Bayo1 on PS3 and didn't notice what garbage that was, I doubt a little slowdown is going to be an issue

edit: apparently the Wii U version is graphically identical to the 360 version, for some reason I thought it'd had a polish. Get whichever one is cheaper then I guess? Just don't be one of those people paying $90 for a boxed copy of both

Edmund Honda fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 30, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

Do you have a slightly larger one of these facing the other way? Or can anyone tell me where the original ones came from?

Yeah, I can reverse that for you. Gimme a few minutes to go turn on my PC and do it. I think it's about as big as I can make it though, lemme double-check.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't be bothered to rip them anymore but here are some more EN Line stickers:

Pokemon (animated)
https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/5792/en

Dragon Quest (animated)
https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/3558/en
Dragon Quest Monsters
https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/715/en
Dragon Quest Monsters 2
https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/1579/en

Chocobo
https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/1100/en

and the most important sticker of all:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

always

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VideoGames posted:

Do you have a slightly larger one of these facing the other way? Or can anyone tell me where the original ones came from?

Now, you may suddenly realize that reversing it would make the "DK" on his tie backwards.

Yeah, about that :smug:. The tie's stationary, so I just copied the DK to a new layer and overlaid it on top of the reverse throughout the frames

You guys may as well just have the rest to pick through seeing as you like them so much.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The game over one, but with the ghost coming out of his rear end

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

calling this one, thanks for the new av

night slime
May 14, 2014
Do the PC bluetooth setups for the Wii U Pro Controller work reliably? I used the wiimote for games on my Macbook years ago but the connection would always drop.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I've used the Mayflash adapter and have had no issues. Pretty much plug, sync and play, and I haven't had a single dropped connection, aside from the one time the battery ran out obviously.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Someone turn that "OK" one into a new smilie

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
videogames is the best poster on this forums

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Macaluso posted:

Someone turn that "OK" one into a new smilie

Seconded, but this one instead:

night slime
May 14, 2014

Onean posted:

I've used the Mayflash adapter and have had no issues. Pretty much plug, sync and play, and I haven't had a single dropped connection, aside from the one time the battery ran out obviously.

Cool, thanks. I didn't know that existed.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I'll vouch for that mayflash adaptor. I use my pro controller for pc gaming and it works like a charm.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Seconded, but this one instead:

that's my bumper sticker

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

smell this posted:

that's my bumper sticker

That makes no sense, why would the person behind you care? It's the person in front of you who is important in that case.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

robot roll call posted:

I'll vouch for that mayflash adaptor. I use my pro controller for pc gaming and it works like a charm.

If you do the firmware update on it you can make it use the xbox360 layout for letters, or the wiiU. Works for games where the developers were weird.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
Here are the rest of the animal crossing ones if people want to make more avs.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Meanwhile in Japan

E: Would take the Nook one if I could, they really are good avatar material.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

videogames is the best poster on this forums

This is very kind of you, but I think we're all special and I love chatting about games with you all :>

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Now, you may suddenly realize that reversing it would make the "DK" on his tie backwards.

Yeah, about that :smug:. The tie's stationary, so I just copied the DK to a new layer and overlaid it on top of the reverse throughout the frames

Thank you! I will be making that my avatar!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Games would be a lot better if guys like jivjov still posted here, instead of dozens of posters shittily trolling

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meanwhile in Japan

Woomy

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meanwhile in Japan

Can't woomy my way out of this one :staredog:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meanwhile in Japan

Good. This is the best thing

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light
If someone could make "Oh yeah!" Isabelle avatar sized I would be eternally grateful!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Austrian mook posted:

Games would be a lot better if guys like jivjov still posted here, instead of dozens of posters shittily trolling

lol at this statement coming from you

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Knorth posted:

Good. This is the best thing

This is actually how they plan to kick off their first live E3 conference in years this June.

Oddly using holograms for the singers and dancers makes things less...bizarre (?) than if you use actual people for these types of things I think.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rack posted:

Here are the rest of the animal crossing ones if people want to make more avs.

You need to redo however you grabbed these. I think you must've cheaped out on the quality or something, because they have a whole bunch of transparent spots bleeding background colour through. Try looking at them on a non-white background like so;

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You need to redo however you grabbed these. I think you must've cheaped out on the quality or something, because they have a whole bunch of transparent spots bleeding background colour through. Try looking at them on a non-white background like so;

What did you do, Isabelle?

WHAT DID YOU DO

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looks fine to me. Isabelle just took a page out of the Jack Nicholson Psycho murderer handbook.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Taking Booker! Thanks!

edit: Nevermind, it exceeds the size apparently.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
now I am the Kong!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
That avatar is glorious and I kinda wish I had taken it

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

This owns! :D Thanks again, Neddy Seagoon

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There's a "Winter Sale" on the eshop until February 4th, for Wii U it consists of 8 games, 2 of which are not actually on sale. Not sure if there are 3DS titles too.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oh my God this VICE article is bringing out so much stupid. Like the thesis the guy writing the article is about is sound, I mean it's something a lot of us talk about but the examples he uses just seem to make some people barf up their own opinions and turns everything toxic.

I mean barf up because like...somehow Splatoon has become this anomaly where some people believe it should have failed and become a cult classic that people will beg for a sequel for years to come, but because it's somewhat of a hit and performed beyond many people's expectations you can't exactly use Splatoon to fit your speaking points so easily anymore, so it all comes back around to the same "Splatoon needs voice chat to succeed" debates we've been having for almost an entire loving year now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Splatoon succeeded because it doesn't have voice chat. Among a million other reasons.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Splatoon is Good and lack of voice chat has prevented me from yelling at toddlers over the internet which is also Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I notice much better teamwork on average in Splatoon than any other multi shooter.

• Locked thread