Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

FARTSTAR posted:

From the townhall:

All clan negative quirks are going to be removed

IS energy range quirks are to be capped at 10%

What a bunch of poo poo. Lets buff the OP mechs again and then gently caress over IS mechs some more, oh wait.

They didn't say poo poo about the new game modes for 4v4 did they.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
aw man, my ER Large locust does not like that :(

apparently they also announced the Kodiak

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Washout posted:

What a bunch of poo poo. Lets buff the OP mechs again and then gently caress over IS mechs some more, oh wait.

They didn't say poo poo about the new game modes for 4v4 did they.

With the recent CW tonnage change, it feels like they're taking "Clan players are god loving awful" to mean "Clans mechs are at a disadvantage and balancing is needed"

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Laser vomit direwolf will ride again!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
To be fair, pound for pound the clan mechs got overnerfed. The negative quirks, plus the heatsink nerfs. Clan mechs right now are basically more fragile than IS mechs, which is kind of odd.

Not to mention they're all as wide as an Awesome.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
It would be kind of cool if clan mechs were as strong as they were in TT/lore, and CW was 12v8's or something.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FARTSTAR posted:

From the townhall:

MASC is getting a huge buff

Stalker gets retrofit

Blackjacks getting their structure quirks toned down

Russ is kinda sloshed

RIP BLR-1S

Pendulum casualty

This is why you buy mechs for their hardpoints and not their quirks.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

DancingShade posted:

This is why you buy mechs for their hardpoints and not their quirks.

lol

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Hey fuckers. Apparently girl is still purple but WOL just turned blue. Some of you girl fuckers get on mumble. I'm tired of playing with myself :gigidy:.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

FARTSTAR posted:

From the townhall:

MASC is getting a huge buff

Stalker gets retrofit

Blackjacks getting their structure quirks toned down

Russ is kinda sloshed

RIP BLR-1S

Pendulum casualty

:rip: Top Dog

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

DOMDOM posted:

Anyone got input on Atlas AS7-R ASRM6 vs ASRM4?

I've been using the 6s but it seems like the grouping and faster rate of fire might make the 4s a better deal? And use the extra tonnage to jam lasers into CT for when you get popsicled?

I'm conflicted. There is a certain satisfaction to the alpha with 4xASRM6 and the AC20.

People give medium lasers on atlases poo poo, but I rather enjoy them. Given a chance, I'll use medium pulses in the arm but Ctrl-swinging your arms while you've got a twist going in motion isn't for everybody.

The main problem is when you use them INSTEAD of twisting. If you roll around a corner and have already eaten another assaults salvo and they're cooling/reloading, its another twenty damage for four tons.

I've been liking the 2 LBX instead of the 20 recently, as it has some staying power vs getting destroyed instantly, but the D does have great 20 quirks, especially wiht a module.

This is what works for me. Give it a shot if you like. I brought them into community warfare the other night and racked up nearly 2K damage with just the pair of em, and lost my two lights afterwards trying to rush Omega down. poo poo was kinda bonkers.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
Russ is gonna put Helios users' heads on pikes

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I am in love with the 10 small pulse laser + large laser stormcrow. All disco all the time.

FARTSTAR posted:

Russ is gonna put Helios users' heads on pikes

What does this mean? Are they going to announce when they ban someone? Are they cracking down on cheaters? I hope both.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

What the gently caress does "Stalker Retrofit" mean

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Bolow posted:

What the gently caress does "Stalker Retrofit" mean

Weapons will properly show on the mech model when equipped. The Stalker is one of the few original mechs where this is not the case.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Number19, has there been any discussion on increasing tonnage for large groups in quick play? The limits seem a bit over the top currently.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

veedubfreak posted:

To be fair, pound for pound the clan mechs got overnerfed. The negative quirks, plus the heatsink nerfs. Clan mechs right now are basically more fragile than IS mechs, which is kind of odd.

Not to mention they're all as wide as an Awesome.

What, no, the ones that got nerfed were the top 4 and they needed it. Now things go back to the way before the nerfs, even less reason to take anything but stormcrow/timberwolf/hellbringer/dire. The ebon does a couple of builds better than TB but the TB has way better hitboxes. Stormcrows will go back to being retarded overpowered again. Especially when they nerf the poo poo out of all the IS range buffs.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Number19, has there been any discussion on increasing tonnage for large groups in quick play? The limits seem a bit over the top currently.

No kidding, anything over 5 people usually means nothing but strings of losses.

Washout fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 30, 2016

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Bait and Swatch posted:

I am in love with the 10 small pulse laser + large laser stormcrow. All disco all the time.

What does this mean? Are they going to announce when they ban someone? Are they cracking down on cheaters? I hope both.

I can't type out what he said word for word, but the gist was that they have been tracking a list of players who are cheating. Really soon here they are going to ban all of those cheater accounts in one big purge. I swear that he also said that they might make it known who was cheating since there are tier 1 players cheating and such. He described the cheating program they have been detecting and making logs of, it was definitely Helios although he never said the actual name.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

HexDog posted:

I can't type out what he said word for word, but the gist was that they have been tracking a list of players who are cheating. Really soon here they are going to ban all of those cheater accounts in one big purge. I swear that he also said that they might make it known who was cheating since there are tier 1 players cheating and such. He described the cheating program they have been detecting and making logs of, it was definitely Helios although he never said the actual name.

Good, another money grab by PGI.

e: I should extrapolate but I won't.

ee: Someone needs to do a basic write up for CW

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Bait and Swatch posted:

Which amounts of players have what tonnage to work with is info that should be in the OP. Is there a list/chart somewhere?

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 30, 2016

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
http://imgur.com/a/ebAAS

praise the sun

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

HexDog posted:

Name and shame, I really want to know if my suspicions are true. I specced Jay Z, noted 228 shitlord a couple nights ago, watched him run 2 lpl and a gauss on the same weapon group. missed wide left with lpl, only to track dead center and release the gauss for a killshot. He then was getting an ac5 bukkake and got off one more ct shot even with the screen shake and ac5 exploding in his face. i mean not impossible if you are good.. but...

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

quote:

Cheaters

Russ: "Kids, don't use 3rd-party programs. You're going to lose your account. Don't do it. Not worth it. We've had accounts with literally thousands of dollars get banned." We're a small community all-in-all, so it's not a lot of people, overall percentage not any different than larger games, but come on people don't cheat
Says they do have their own anti-cheat detection functions and can detect the cheat programs
They have a list of people tagged to be banned. They are waiting because they want to capture as many as possible before the ban wave goes out
They can play cat and mouse with the cheat makers but the less often they do a ban wave, the less resources they need to dedicate to that
They will not give up and have multiple methods including reporting, full stealth spectate capabilities.
Next ban wave is coming fairly soon
They are most serious about the tournaments and ensuring those are cheat free
Said something about practically half of one unit is running well-known cheat engine and they are aware. Says the unit would be at best mediocre (MEDIOCRE. MEDIOCRE!) without the cheats (so expect to see the ban wave have some real impacts, I guess?).

oh boy

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Good thing modern WoL is already mediocre!

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Praise it hard

HARDER :sun:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bentai posted:

Good thing modern WoL is already mediocre!

The other day WoL was in... I want to say a ten or eleven man group. The other team was pretty much entirely a disconnected mob. One of the pubbies on the other side immediately complained about being matched up against a giant premade.

We laughed and told him we were terrible and would lose anyway. The pubbie proceeded to get very lovely at us regardless. We actually did lose and he was probably still pissed at us for still finding it funny.

Naturally we of course lost because we were incredibly out-tonnaged. Goons played... I want to say ok, but we treated the whole thing as a laugh and not a super serious paramilitary try-hard team. If you're running light because of tonnage restrictions it takes Serious Effort to actually win a match.

Or Helios I guess. Whatever. :shrug:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I may be a minority, but it would be fun to set aside a tryhard night where we run good, upgraded mechs and use that overpowered teamwork i keep hearing about. Once I am off night shift and my schedule calms down I'll try to organize one

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Most nights when I run with Goons we win. It doesn't take try hard robots. Unless you mean CW.

It can be done with poo poo robots and a good yell boss. Yell boss is key.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thronde posted:

Most nights when I run with Goons we win. It doesn't take try hard robots. Unless you mean CW.

someone going WHO'S NEXT in a really intense voice after each kill can be all you need

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

sebmojo posted:

someone going WHO'S NEXT in a really intense voice after each kill can be all you need

yeah, but if I don't set up an event we all cant color coordinate our mechs

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Willfrey posted:

yeah, but if I don't set up an event we all cant color coordinate our mechs

If you aren't already running black/yellow dazzle :frogout:

I'm not. My poo poo is all purple/green/gold snowfall because it's classy and reminds me of hometown.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

quote:

Value and visual changes to the Flamer weapon
A long delayed change to the Flamer weapon is now complete. This mainly involves a change to the heat/damage values which we feel will lead to a more functionally useful weapon, while the visual component of the change was necessary to mitigate the blinding aspect of the Flamer.

:supaburn:

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
They are more than happy to name and shame and have done it previously. I don't imagine this will be different.

Also, Washout, I am not sure the laser penalties on Stormcrows and Timberwolves have really effected anything. The heat differentials made a bigger difference to me on my clan mechs, it made my Hellbringer slightly more annoying but had no difference on my Ebon Jaguar which is my highest KDR Shitfucker running 2xUAC10s and 5 ersmls. I only got timberwolves recently so my metric on that is meaningless on SRM builds.

If anything blanket capping IS energy range quirks is going to be terrible, especially as a grand cap. Who the gently caress cares if a Locust gets a 50% on one laser.

But if I'm not mistaken the whole point of the town halls recently have been assessing feedback and for the last several iterations Russ has pretty much had his head out of his rear end and the awful never happened and we only got better SRM grouping.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

If anything blanket capping IS energy range quirks is going to be terrible, especially as a grand cap. Who the gently caress cares if a Locust gets a 50% on one laser.

I'm going to miss some of range gimmicks, but there are still terrific duration and cooldown ones to be had. Would it be too much to hope that this nerf to range is made up for with other, arguably more useful buffs down the road?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
It's flamer time.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Willfrey posted:

I may be a minority, but it would be fun to set aside a tryhard night where we run good, upgraded mechs and use that overpowered teamwork i keep hearing about. Once I am off night shift and my schedule calms down I'll try to organize one

Thronde posted:

Willfrey I'm down for that but like Thronde said that's my basic experience with Goon groups. How meta do you want to go?

Running random Enforcers/Crabs/Blackjacks/Quickdraws that I had just bought and was basic'ing out we were doing really well. I think the difference was let about mechs and experienced players willing to yellboss, maybe not the whole match, but at least to dictate critical small engagements and be able to say "hey fuckers in g4 our direwolf in g3 has two cheetahs, turn around for a second and start shooting."

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

Sard posted:

I'm going to miss some of range gimmicks, but there are still terrific duration and cooldown ones to be had. Would it be too much to hope that this nerf to range is made up for with other, arguably more useful buffs down the road?

If they nerf IS range but buff heat and/or cool down I'm not sure we'll see nearly as many complaints. If IS range goes down but heat and recycle comes up it just means IS needs to brawl more and outside the new map I don't think anyone really will mind.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Willfrey I'm down for that but like Thronde said that's my basic experience with Goon groups. How meta do you want to go?

Running random Enforcers/Crabs/Blackjacks/Quickdraws that I had just bought and was basic'ing out we were doing really well. I think the difference was let about mechs and experienced players willing to yellboss, maybe not the whole match, but at least to dictate critical small engagements and be able to say "hey fuckers in g4 our direwolf in g3 has two cheetahs, turn around for a second and start shooting."

Still deciding how spergy i would be, been considering asking people to have a few mechs of different weights set up for long range or laser spam, as well as other mechs kitted for pushing and brawling close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Saddest Robot posted:

It's all flamer all the time.

wol riding hot

• Locked thread