Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: Ryolnir and friends announced on stream today Emma and Nightcrawler are next for QoL reviews! Coming February :ducksiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hi I'm back

reinstalling

hype to deadpool (Also I may buy agent venom and/or iron fist?)

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

I already have best characters Tony Masters and Emma Frost cosmicd so where am I really gonna go from there

Should of chose mokhu's mail order Russian husbando instead.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

:ducksiren: Ryolnir and friends announced on stream today Emma and Nightcrawler are next for QoL reviews! Coming February :ducksiren:

Didn't Nightcrawler already get a QoL?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
His uniques did

I assume this is something way more serious, like Spider-Man's revamp

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'll believe Emma gets a QoL when I see it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

taskmaster :negative:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I want to believe :unsmith:. I just want my level 60 Emma to not be so useless.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
And yeah, remember when Taskmaster was supposed to be first in line for a QoL after the 52's were done :allears:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Taskmaster will need a 5 month Deadpool style review obv

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm pretty excited for the taskmaster review whenever it comes. Hopefully he gets some of spidey's new acrobatics and not just webs, and some trick arrow stuff.

Dude still has great costumes and voicing

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

dammit gaz

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So if I can hang in there on the 110 maybe I'll get some post conviction relief

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Ajax posted:

So if I can hang in there on the 110 maybe I'll get some post conviction relief

Let's be honest here. Given their track record with heroes recently, they're going to get the lowest effort makeover possible.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is crafting really necessary or useful because I straight up do not care about it

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

you will want to add affixes and cores to your costume

also you will want the recipes for upgrading your items to ilvl 66 and ilvl 69

there are also exchange recipes to deal with lots of duplicate uniques you will get

so yeah, level up your crafter

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

You can skip level 1 and 2 affixes if you can't stand the crafting.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

so yeah, level up your crafter

And the enchanter. Gear and Weapon vendors though don't matter at all, feel free to ignore them unless you want to insure yourself against gear or weapon vendors becoming important later.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Crafting is pretty painless now but it's not something you need to worry about until you're trying to prep for endgame stuff

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Is crafting really necessary or useful because I straight up do not care about it

It is pretty much the worst poo poo ever to have to level up those NPCs, but the silver lining in this is that Chinese New Year/Mardi Gras is coming up in a little over a week and that drops dumb poo poo that is specifically for leveling those dumb NPCs. Then after that Valentine's Day also has dumb poo poo that drops for it. If you are still leveling stuff in March, then St Patrick's day will also drop dumb poo poo for that event, but then there is also some currency for a really lovely legendary that you can probably ignore but it might be helpful? Then they might do some summer event or not, I have no idea. Sometimes there is a summer event and sometimes there isn't, it is kinda like the state of Star Marine where we could be doing the summer event right now, who knows? Not me. Ask ICR.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
How does crafting work now anyway

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's the same just there's only one level of material and it auto pulls them from your inventory and stash as you craft.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Costumes etc. don't get auto-pulled though. And you still need to "take all" and right-click on them in the inventory to add them to the recipe again every single time.

Still, not having to gently caress around with elements any more is a big time saver.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

randombattle posted:

It's the same just there's only one level of material and it auto pulls them from your inventory and stash as you craft.

thank christ

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Hello I am a dumb who used to play in 2014 that bought the Advance Pack 2 and then quit! I know how good at delivering promises Gaz is (almost as good as they are at Patch Notes), so I must ask: did they manage to get everything from AP2 working and out like they were pretending to?

e: More importantly, was it funny?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We still have one bonus character from AP2 to go

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

It was hilarious up until Blade, and then it was one joke too far.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

We still have one bonus character from AP2 to go

AP2 is done.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

What a jokester we got here.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Advanced Snack Pack 2 is so done it's been digested and left our collective small intestines and sphincters and formed a perfectly shaped bio. I name it Deathplague.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Is getting a review next after those two, according to the stream last night.

Got Black Cat AKA Kitty Shayme to 60, won't be playing her again until she gets her 52FF review. I thought Gaz had learned not to unlock vital QOL abilities at levels in the 40s?

Kulex
Apr 4, 2007

A shpectre is haunting Europe - the shpectre of Shlavoj Zizek... and so on and so on.
IF you're having problems with performance and you're on nVdia you might have to go into the NVIDIA control panel and force the marvelheroes.exe to use your GPU.

Worked for me. Was getting 10fps and frequent freezing when I installed but performance is now back to normal.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Limbo #4: kitty with magik team-up killing a doop and a bunch of limbo demons

#5: 300-500 limbo demons in midtown/lmbo

Neither apparently counts for secret avenger yet so rip

Prinnybaal on the O has the achievements for killing 100k bosses in holosim and xdefense. Can your autism beat that?
That thread confirms the 1000 batroc kills too. Most likely only in cicp

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jusupov posted:

Prinnybaal on the O has the achievements for killing 100k bosses in holosim and xdefense. Can your autism beat that?

I can't even get into loving X-Def, so no.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

remember that time they said they were gonna stop doing big QoL passes and instead focus on doing lots of little things?

gaz don't

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sion posted:

remember that time they said they were gonna stop doing big QoL passes and instead focus on doing lots of little things?

gaz don't

it's hard to blame 'em, big qol passes are more exciting for the playerbase and probably get more people logging in than spreading out a bunch of little changes would

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Man I can't wait to log in and do some DR this weekend!

What's that? Danger room is locked? Guess I'll go farm some mayhem boxes instead.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Small changes are great for heroes who are mostly fine and just need tweaks. They're a waste of time on garbage turds like Nightwing and Emma Peel and Tony the Tiger, so this is good news.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Greetings nerds, It's Deadpool time.

*not deadpool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wow, titteyes are hypnotic

• Locked thread