Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The problem is that his coloring really strikes one as someone who didn't really learn color theory and just colors using black & white/monochrome as a basis. Like, the shadows aren't a different color from the base, they're mostly just darkened shades of the same base color. That leads to things looking kind of grey and muddy-colored rather than being very vibrant and eyecatching; it's a problem that a lot of self-taught artists tend to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
FA Translation is out.

http://manga.famatg.com/read/my_hero_academia/en/0/75/page/1

This and the official Viz scans kinda make me notice that Mangastream doesn't have very good cleaners.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Everyone knows that the most important part of cleaning is pasting giant watermarks over something you have no rights to in the first place.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Korean/Chinese chapters are out.

E: Now with link to lovely website: http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/610096

Also the color splashpage has as of yet unfeatured villains!

Very gnarly.

Midoriya throws his body away to presumably put this guy down for the count. The first 100% hurts him but he soaked most of it with his muscle mass, the second gets stopped by the same muscle mass, then Midoriya in a bit of hyperbole throws a "1,000,000%" punch and flattens the guy into the side of the cliff. His arm is obviously in complete tatters- like literally; like strips of flesh hanging off the bone in areas.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 28, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Not going to lie various percentage based punches sounds more fun than state/city smashes. Those should be limited to hammer fists and slams.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Most amusing part: Muscles McGee has a different false eye he puts in when he's in serious business mode.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

Most amusing part: Muscles McGee has a different false eye he puts in when he's in serious business mode.

Lol.

Hold in a minute, I got a to get serious. *plop*

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011

Gyges posted:

Not going to lie various percentage based punches sounds more fun than state/city smashes. Those should be limited to hammer fists and slams.

Weird. IMO It's literally impossible to find the name of the move more boring and less creative than a random number as part of the attack.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

MrCinos posted:

Weird. IMO It's literally impossible to find the name of the move more boring and less creative than a random number as part of the attack.

You have to imagine the usage of decimals, fractions and scientific notation. It sounds pretty funny to me.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Korean/Chinese chapters are out.

E: Now with link to lovely website: http://www.mangaumaru.com/archives/610096

Also the color splashpage has as of yet unfeatured villains!

Very gnarly.

Midoriya throws his body away to presumably put this guy down for the count. The first 100% hurts him but he soaked most of it with his muscle mass, the second gets stopped by the same muscle mass, then Midoriya in a bit of hyperbole throws a "1,000,000%" punch and flattens the guy into the side of the cliff. His arm is obviously in complete tatters- like literally; like strips of flesh hanging off the bone in areas.

I wonder if we've hit the limit of what tiny doctor lady can heal with this one, those arms are looking gnarly.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Caidin posted:

I wonder if we've hit the limit of what tiny doctor lady can heal with this one, those arms are looking gnarly.

Well theye do have a near limitless supply of replacement protein from a now unoccupied donor.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

MrCinos posted:

Counterpoint: 619

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyges posted:

I'm going to New York New York Kick you.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mangastream is out:

http://readms.com/r/my_hero_academia/076/3199/1

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I love that cover page. Shigaraki's smug grin stands out particularity.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't understand, wasn't he wrecking his body just using 5% punches during the sports tournament? How does 100% not just vaporize his arm or something? Is it a translation thing and this is just 100% of his 5%?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

MonsterEnvy posted:

I love that cover page. Shigaraki's smug grin stands out particularity.
The position of the hand makes him look kind of like an aardvark.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

I don't understand, wasn't he wrecking his body just using 5% punches during the sports tournament? How does 100% not just vaporize his arm or something? Is it a translation thing and this is just 100% of his 5%?

5% focused just into his arm and not spread all over his body I'd have to guess.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

It's most likely his 100% isn't nearly at All Might's 100%, at least not yet.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RatHat posted:

He was using exclusively 100% moves up until Stain, which was the problem. Every punch in the sports tournament, the Bakugou fight, the entrance exam, all 100%. He was shredding himself by going full power every time with no buffer. He's been training recently to use 5% as often as possible to try and build up a resistance to his own power, which apparently worked, since he threw two 100% punches before breaking his arm instead of just one, but he has a long way to go before he can use his full power at will like All Might does.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Okay, the biggest revelation this chapter is that Dabi's messed up skin is purple? What the hell?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
>Delaware Detroit Smash

Man the lovely cleaning really hurts these action pages.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Annointed posted:

It's most likely his 100% isn't nearly at All Might's 100%, at least not yet.

This seems likely. I was under the impression that his 100% was an All-Might class punch, which led me initially to believe this guy was in All-Might's league to tank that. It's obvious now that there's a lot more power to draw on. Assuming he doesn't turn himself into ground meat first.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr. Fowl posted:

This seems likely. I was under the impression that his 100% was an All-Might class punch, which led me initially to believe this guy was in All-Might's league to tank that. It's obvious now that there's a lot more power to draw on. Assuming he doesn't turn himself into ground meat first.

Keep in mind All Might can throw dozens of those per second.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

jesus christ deku

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
That punch makes me excited to see how far Deku is going to go once he finally reaches his prime.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

A Bystander posted:

That punch makes me excited to see how far Deku is going to go once he finally reaches his prime.

probably about 6 feet under at the rate he's going.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i see that after having his last 2 mangas cancelled horikoshi is getting revenge and ending this one early by killing the main character

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Keep in mind All Might can throw dozens of those per second.

remember too one for all is an accumulating power deku at max will be stronger than all-might

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Jose posted:

i see that after having his last 2 mangas cancelled horikoshi is getting revenge and ending this one early by killing the main character

Please don't joke about that.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The best thing about the chapter to me is Deku saving Kouta by grabbing him with his teeth because he's too hosed to use his arms. The rest is great too, but that bit particularly strikes me.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Midoriya is going to die before 2016 is over. I can't see this going any other way.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Please don't joke about that.

Don't worry, it's a superhero comic. He'll be back in a couple of chapters.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Countblanc posted:

probably about 6 feet under at the rate he's going.

:iceburn:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait till we get to the point that Midoriya's constant use of One For All has affected him on the genetic level and he pulverizes his arms again only for them to snap back into place and heal on their own within three minutes.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Deku gives Kouta a strand of his hair before dying from his wounds. Bakugou and maybe one other classmate are the only survivors of this attack. Kouta takes up the role of All Might's successor, walking off into the setting sun with the other two in order to one day get revenge on the villain alliance.

End Prolouge

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Deku gives Kouta a strand of his hair before dying from his wounds. Bakugou and maybe one other classmate are the only survivors of this attack. Kouta takes up the role of All Might's successor, walking off into the setting sun with the other two in order to one day get revenge on the villain alliance.

End Prolouge
Something tells me that you don't set up a big media blitz for who's playing what in the cartoon and the TCG only to off 3/4 of the cast three weeks later.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I'm gonna need a cold shower after that chapter. Holy crap If this is a small tease of what happens when Deku goes all out, I can't wait to see what happens when he faces later enemies. And letting him get wrecked like this means the other students probably get their own fights as well.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Such a good chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

Midoriya is gonna look like Vash without his shirt on eventually.