Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is it just me who gets a page not found error on every Imgur gallery link on my iPhone the last few days? I feel like I'm missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I had the same problem in my android recently. Now it seems to have resolved itself. Kinda weird.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Corley posted:

I'm a sophisticated special snowflake because I only like conventionally attractive women when they are in popular nerd poo poo.

No see Scarlett Johansson is just a nerd crush and totally not widely considered one of the most beautiful women alive.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

No see Scarlett Johansson is just a nerd crush and totally not widely considered one of the most beautiful women alive.

Wasn't Emilia Clarke voted the most attractive woman of 2015 by some magazine?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
90% of what I hear about the Kardashians are people saying we talk to much about the Kardashians.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Praseodymi posted:

Wasn't Emilia Clarke voted the most attractive woman of 2015 by some magazine?

I think she was voted "most naked".

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

And you can use it as a dildo when the sheath's on! Best knife ever.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

90% of what I hear about the Kardashians are people saying we talk to much about the Kardashians.

I never see mention of Kardashians unless it's someone complaining about it somehow. :confused:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

I never see mention of Kardashians unless it's someone complaining about it somehow. :confused:
Gawker talks about them all the time. Easy enough not to read the stories, but they're there.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Grey Fox posted:

Gawker talks about them all the time. Easy enough not to read the stories, but they're there.

Why the gently caress would anyone read Gawker

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The kardashians are in the news literally 5 or 6 times a week.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone read Gawker
Because sometimes they post things other than Kardashian and Kristin Cavallari stories.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Triangular-bladed daggers have been around for centuries, iirc.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
If I didn't read Gawker Media how would I know which Jezebel writers are domestic abusers?

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Stoatbringer posted:

Triangular-bladed daggers have been around for centuries, iirc.

Also banned from use by the Hague Conventions.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'll take smug liberals over hateful conservatives any day but there's one guy in my feed who does nothing but post articles from Salon/Huffington Post/The Raw Story/Daily Kos with comments like "#NuffSed," "No. poo poo." and "1000. Words." (if it's an image). If it's negative about Michigan in any way (since he grew up there) he writes "#PureMichigan" and if it involves Chicago gun violence (he lives in the suburbs) he writes "Thank you #RahmVoters!" Rarely does he actually provide any commentary beyond that or a quote from the article (in which case he says #BestBits). It is the most insufferable kind of posting in the world.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

*guzzles contents of glass cleaner bottle* Alkaline substances are good for you, right? So ammonia must be really good for you! :downs:

*drops dead*

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Woolie Wool posted:

*guzzles contents of glass cleaner bottle* Alkaline substances are good for you, right? So ammonia must be really good for you! :downs:

*drops dead*

As standards erode, even Barbie gets fat

Say goodbye to aspirational standards of beauty.

Make no mistake, the heads of Mattel are cynical businesspeople through and through. They have been struggling for a while now, and they have decided that success now lies (literally) in telling their fat customers that struggle is overrated and acceptance is wonderful.

Don't imagine this is the end, either. I'm sure you'll be able to get SJW barbie in a decade or so. She'll be even bigger than this new fat one, she'll have blue hair where she doesn't have Skrillexed scalp, and Ken will be retired for an entire series of males fulfilling all the roles of a traditional husband (one Chad, one Bux, one paternal figure etc).

The takeaway for all of you is whether or not you consider such women worthy of your limited time and attention.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Grem posted:

I feel like sea water isn't very neutral.

It isn't, its pH averages around 8.2. It is also very bad for you because the electrolytes in it will cause your kidneys to spend your body's own water to flush it back out.

E: African rift lake cichlids live in water with a pH of 8-9. Cichlid fish tank water, the new all-natural remedy!

Woolie Wool has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Jan 30, 2016

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

As standards erode, even Barbie gets fat

Say goodbye to aspirational standards of beauty.

Make no mistake, the heads of Mattel are cynical businesspeople through and through. They have been struggling for a while now, and they have decided that success now lies (literally) in telling their fat customers that struggle is overrated and acceptance is wonderful.

Don't imagine this is the end, either. I'm sure you'll be able to get SJW barbie in a decade or so. She'll be even bigger than this new fat one, she'll have blue hair where she doesn't have Skrillexed scalp, and Ken will be retired for an entire series of males fulfilling all the roles of a traditional husband (one Chad, one Bux, one paternal figure etc).

The takeaway for all of you is whether or not you consider such women worthy of your limited time and attention.

I hate your gimmick. I know you find good content but it's just annoying.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Grey Fox posted:

Because sometimes they post things other than Kardashian and Kristin Cavallari stories.

Don't forget Hulk Hogan stories.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Don't shoot the messenger.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Unattributed quotes isn't a "gimmick".

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

Lady Naga posted:

Unattributed quotes isn't a "gimmick".

Yep. Yes it is. How is it not? Anyway, I just wanted to cast a vote against the practice, not start a derail.

So... a Canadian would know this is a dollar. An American would know what their quarters look like. So this is a joke about British people? Posted by a Country station.....?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Yep. Yes it is. How is it not? Anyway, I just wanted to cast a vote against the practice, not start a derail.

So... a Canadian would know this is a dollar. An American would know what their quarters look like. So this is a joke about British people? Posted by a Country station.....?

The Canadian dollar is tanking. A Canadian dollar is worth (more but still) 25 cents in the US.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Yep. Yes it is. How is it not?

It's been SOP for quite a few boards for years now. A gimmick is like, replying to posts with videogame screenshots or "ironically" "pretending" to be a white nationalist. Posting unattributed idiots on social media only in the idiots on social media thread is just being lazy.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

DavidAlltheTime posted:

LoB is the best part of this thread and he does nothing wrong.

E: Also he sometimes posts stupid poo poo like this in the MtG thread, about the wizard poker drama that crops up.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It is the most insufferable kind of posting in the world.

Let me introduce myself

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Let me introduce myself

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
just relax and read and post and poo poo

jesus gently caress

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

E: Also he sometimes posts stupid poo poo like this in the MtG thread, about the wizard poker drama that crops up.

I used to hate LoB but now I love him and his posts.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nuebot posted:

I used to hate LoB but now I love him and his posts.

He is the best so long as his posts stay short

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Imagine how cool you would look hiking with your buddies with that dildo sheath hanging from your belt.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

CommonShore posted:

He is the best so long as his posts stay short

On the other hand, scrolling down and realizing oh god how long is this thing is its own comedy.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Bring back the rule that makes a poster responsible for anything they didn't use quote tags for. Seeing people break down over LoB getting probated for that was funny as hell.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I have accepted LoB's style of posting even though I also kind of don't like. I usually just skim it and read it properly only if it's short or epsecially foul.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

I'll take smug liberals over hateful conservatives any day but there's one guy in my feed who does nothing but post articles from Salon/Huffington Post/The Raw Story/Daily Kos with comments like "#NuffSed," "No. poo poo." and "1000. Words." (if it's an image). If it's negative about Michigan in any way (since he grew up there) he writes "#PureMichigan" and if it involves Chicago gun violence (he lives in the suburbs) he writes "Thank you #RahmVoters!" Rarely does he actually provide any commentary beyond that or a quote from the article (in which case he says #BestBits). It is the most insufferable kind of posting in the world.

This sounds like General Ironicus if he weren't so well-spoken.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Idiots on Social Media or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Tolerate LoB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

As somebody who lives the paleo/keto lifestyle, it takes work and effort to find enough fat in our grocery stores. They have low-sodium, low-fat bacon on the shelves now. For fucks' sake.