Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Sent from my friend.

What was Walt Whitman's kill count? I could see Leaves of Grass boring people to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

chitoryu12 posted:

For the record, the optical guidance system is why you can't do anything to try and "steer the missile to the target" like a video game with TOWs and similar. It tries to make sure that the flare at the back of the missile intersects the invisible line drawn between the tube and the tank, so attempting to steer the missile back on track if it looks off-kilter will just cause it to "oversteer" and eventually become so destabilized that it misses entirely or even snaps a wire and spirals off.

You just keep the crosshairs pointed at the target as steady as possible and, assuming everything works, the missile will self-correct and hit.

What if your target is moving? Do you have to predict where they are going to be when the missile arrives or is it ok to move the crosshairs and track the target

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

the future of tank design

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Operators? unnecessary, obsolete vehicles have multiple versions of them on the battlefield hoping to counter the threat of defeat as a TIGERWOLT MBT there is no need for reinforcement. The sole apex main battle tank.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Well... that's just terrible isn't it?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Hegel, did you buy that knife yet? If so, this comic may be about you

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Ensign Expendable posted:

this comic may be about you

yase

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

quote:

"Also important is it's low ground pressure, stemming from it's low 40-ton weight, super-wide tracks, low height, and enourmous horizontal size --- it has the ground pessure of a "Light Track" vehicle, like the M113 Gavin. This is important because almost half the world's surface is closed to heavy tracks (again, the M1A1 Abrams), due to thier height, ground pressure, and high centers of gravity.
The Tigerwolf can directly cut across many areas that no existing or projected MBT will ever be able to --- not to mention traverse certain terrain features, such as bridges and paved roads, without damaging them."

It goes all the way down.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Furaffinity delenda est.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
dont doxx me

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Actually I hope for Trump to find out about the Tigerwolf and promise to make it happen. It would be the yoogest, most luxurious MBT in existence!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Operators? unnecessary, obsolete vehicles have multiple versions of them on the battlefield hoping to counter the threat of defeat as a TIGERWOLT MBT there is no need for reinforcement. The sole apex main battle tank.

What happened to the other 74 marks?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

feedmegin posted:

Some weird english stripper guy slammed a plane full of them into a volcano.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

PittTheElder posted:

It goes all the way down.

I like the 3-axis suspension stabilisation.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

100 Years Ago

Time for a quick desert course, but not one with plum pudding. This one is being served at Verdun, where the inevitable pre-major-offensive stream of deserters is now coming over from the German trenches, many of them happy to share the good news about the upcoming offensive. But if you're already inclined to believe that the main enemy attack will occur somewhere else...

Elsewhere: the Sudefrikan Jan Smuts takes over command in East Africa from Smith-Dorrien; things quieten down at Frise as Lt-Col Fraser-Tytler does something remarkably reckless; we have another new correspondent and he's Canadian, bigads (he and his fellows have also just been dismissed as "imbecile sons of Montreal millionaires"); and when Bernard Adams attempts to march his men back to the trenches, he suddenly begins to worry that he's going to get them all hopelessly lost.

quote:

I halted a moment to make sure of the way by the map, and while I did so apparently some sergeant from a regiment billeted in the village there told Sergeant Hayman that the battalion had taken the left road. The way was to the right, and as I struck up a steep hill. Sergeant Hayman ran up and told me the battalion (which had started nearly two hours before us) had gone to the left. 'I'm going to the right, sergeant,' said I.

Can that story possibly end well? Only one way to find out!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Blacktail Furry Defense Consulting And Mr. Hands-certified Dragon Dildoes posted:

it has the ground pessure of a "Light Track" vehicle, like the M113 Gavin

:gonk:

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
The actual general Gavin was a cool dude who hosed Hemingway's wife.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

General Tigerwolf too was a heroic leader and true patriot. You may remember his character from the WW2 tank blockbuster "Furry".

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 30, 2016

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Kemper Boyd posted:

The actual general Gavin was a cool dude who hosed Hemingway's wife.

This is not the place for "cu ck" memes

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

feedmegin posted:

They didn't have enough buckyballs in the armor to make the rounds bounce away.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
this loving owns

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/596962/

http://d.facdn.net/art/blacktailf-a/1181808772/1181808772.blacktailf-a_untitled-1.gif

http://d.facdn.net/art/blacktailf-a/1181727583/1181727583.blacktailf-a_missiles.gif

http://d.facdn.net/art/blacktailf-a/1182079581/1182079581.blacktailf-a_bt_renamon.jpg

http://d.facdn.net/art/blacktailf-a/1178165682/1178165682.blacktailf-a_f20a1_gun.gif

I'm on my phone someone go post this in the airpower thread please

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
40,000 FPS super-HE penetrators!

It's going to be pretty tough getting any of his ideas funded. He'll have to see about splurging on a dictionary and maybe even a ruler at some point!

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Speaking of tanks, I was a little surprised to see that Germany has an entire magazine devoted to the subject. Also a magazine about tractors, but that one actually makes sense given how many farmers there are.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Prop Wash posted:

Speaking of tanks, I was a little surprised to see that Germany has an entire magazine devoted to the subject. Also a magazine about tractors, but that one actually makes sense given how many farmers there are.

The wehraboo is publishing from inside the reich

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Pffft, no fanficcium rounds, how are they going to penetrate OC(dns) armor?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Penetrating things that they really shouldn't is a furry speciality.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Arquinsiel posted:

Penetrating things that they really shouldn't is a furry speciality.

:drat:

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
why the hell are furries publishing this

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

HEY GAL posted:

why the hell are furries publishing this

If they said "no dumb bullshit on this site" they wouldn't have a site?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I like the idea of a Furaffinity admin going "look, good sir, this is really insufficiently furry and inappropriate for this si-"

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1844606/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/676308/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/661324/

"... oh, carry on then."

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hahaha this poo poo is great, it's like stuff peasants send in to the NKO to "help" with the war effort. Here you go comrade Stalin, a tank that weighs 70,000 tons and has 15 1000 mm guns, its the strongest tank and can also swim and fly, original character do not steal.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I did scribbles like this aged 16 also. Thank god the Internet didn't really exist.

EDIT: VVV He's 24 now and these images were uploaded 8 years ago, so.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 30, 2016

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007

Fangz posted:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I did scribbles like this aged 16 also. Thank god the Internet didn't really exist.

I was thinking the same thing. Unless the guys is an adult, that wouldn't really surprise me though

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.
Pretty sure Sparky has admitted to doing these at some point.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Hahaha this poo poo is great, it's like stuff peasants send in to the NKO to "help" with the war effort. Here you go comrade Stalin, a tank that weighs 70,000 tons and has 15 1000 mm guns, its the strongest tank and can also swim and fly, original character do not steal.

I spent a few seconds staring longingly at that Takom P.1000 Ratte model kit today, and I've come to the conclusion that any "landcrusier" design not capable of floating would be crippling its mobility options

So make it a ship that can go on land, but then those jerks would remind people of that tank-submarine thing the Nazis wanted to build and they would laugh and my feelings would be hurt

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

That's way oversized guns for a battleship.

I'd kind of love to see somebody accidentally design the citadel section of a battleship with treads.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

I spent a few seconds staring longingly at that Takom P.1000 Ratte model kit today, and I've come to the conclusion that any "landcrusier" design not capable of floating would be crippling its mobility options

So make it a ship that can go on land, but then those jerks would remind people of that tank-submarine thing the Nazis wanted to build and they would laugh and my feelings would be hurt

just slap some tracks on the torpedoes, too. it'll all work out fine.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Fangz posted:

EDIT: VVV He's 24 now and these images were uploaded 8 years ago, so.

Yeah, be nice guys. We all did dumb fan fictiony poo poo when we were young. One can hope that we were all clever enough to delete our accounts once we realized how idiotic we sounded.

You know what, let's all take a moment to go back to our teenage internet account haunts and make sure nothing exists of them. Just to be sure.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Of course, no real country has ever built terrible tanks like this.

quote:

「今の戦車の寸法を2倍に延ばして作れ。」
“Make the dimensions twice that of today’s tanks.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

quote:

On the day of the trials, the O-I performed satisfactorily until the second hour of the tests. While maneuvering on off-road terrain, the tank sank into the ground by up to a meter; attempts at traversing the hull to extricate the vehicle proved fruitless, resulting in further sinking due to the vehicle’s suspension coils compressing. The tank was eventually towed out, and further testing was continued on concrete. However, the earlier damage to the suspension resulted in vehicle’s movement damaging the concrete, which in turn, further damaged the suspension bogies to the point that further testing could not continue. The trials were postponed, and later canceled the following day.

Nevertheless, the trials conducted at the testing field were considered to be a success, and the vehicle was deemed ready for use in spite of its flaws.

Oh god what a farce.

• Locked thread