Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Lycus posted:

They said he was a teacher. Clarke and Bellamy were two of his students.

He taught Earth Skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Ohhhh that's right, my bad.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this? posted:

I'd say the Ice Nation stuff can't be too far. Mount Weather and Tondc are like 50 miles apart and the Ark stuff is kind of in the middle of that.

Are they? This show has a pretty lousy sense of scale, seems like everything is an afternoon's horseback ride from each other.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

Are they? This show has a pretty lousy sense of scale, seems like everything is an afternoon's horseback ride from each other.

Well, the original landing spot was close-ish to Mount Weather but we don't know exactly where the new settlement is.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

raditts posted:

Mount weather is a real place so is Ton dc (Washington DC), they are about 50 miles apart. As to where their camp is, no real clue has been given.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Error 404 posted:

He taught Earth Skills.

So he's like the Ark version of a nutty arfcom doomsday prepper.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Snak posted:

So he's like the Ark version of a nutty arfcom doomsday prepper.

Y'know, that makes too much sense.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Like at first I thought they were gonna go with "teacher gets jaded and goes all Nazi Planet from Star Trek" but I think it's more that he's a survivalist who "does what it takes" and "political correctness gets people killed".

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I have a weird vibe about what really happened to Monty's dad, though. When Pike cut in to finish the story and his mum went silent it got me wondering how true all of it was.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

I have a weird vibe about what really happened to Monty's dad, though. When Pike cut in to finish the story and his mum went silent it got me wondering how true all of it was.

I bet they actually killed a grounder first. Or like, their station fell on a grounder village and killed a bunch of people.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I thought for sure he was executed for disobeying Pike or something like that

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

The Iron Rose posted:

I thought for sure he was executed for disobeying Pike or something like that

I doubt that. Maybe he was killed by grounders because of something Pike did though.

edit: I'm kind of confused that Indra is back working with the SkaiKru, but not with Octavia. I thought the reason that Octavia wasn't her second any more was that Octavia went with Clarke after Lexa's "betrayal". Octavia was one of my favorite characters in Season 2, but she hasn't really done anything at all this season yet.

edit2: V Oh that's very possible.

Snak fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 30, 2016

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
They ate him to stay alive. Hearing about more survivors has gotten them hungry again.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

PowerBeard posted:

They ate him to stay alive. Hearing about more survivors has gotten them hungry again.

that's where I thought they were going with it when they mentioned the snow. like they ran out of food and had to cannibalize people

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Troposphere posted:

that's where I thought they were going with it when they mentioned the snow. like they ran out of food and had to cannibalize people

Slowly starving and freezing while being picked off by ice nation would be the shits.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Troposphere posted:

They were the farm section of the Ark though, so it stands to reason they would have had a lot of food.

Guess we'll find out! The story they gave Monty seemed a little sketchy so I wouldn't be surprised to find out there's more to it. If there's anything the show is consistent on is that there is never a clear cut good/bad divide.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pike didn't actually wait to start eating people, despite having plenty of food

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Well somehow a massive mountain range popped up in the area.

The Blue Ridge Mountains do exist near Mt. Weather they just aren't really Vancouver Mountains big.

The giant tower in the middle of no where is kind of weird.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
Buddies recommended me to start watching this. Holy poo poo the first few episodes are a pain to watch! :barf:

Oddly enough, after those few episode it feels like an entirely different show. I wonder what changed. :confused:

Batham fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 31, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

They started killing off children.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The one two punch of finding out that Abby was the one who betrayed Clarke's father and Wells getting murdered by a 12 year old.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Batham posted:

Buddies recommended me to start watching this. Holy poo poo the first few episodes are a pain to watch! :barf:

Oddly enough, after those few episode it feels like an entirely different show. I wonder what changed. :confused:

Well it's a bait and switch.

The pilot makes you think it's another beautiful people CW show with a cheesy YA fiction premise but a few episodes in the bleaker tone starts to take over.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

Well it's a bait and switch.

The pilot makes you think it's another beautiful people CW show with a cheesy YA fiction premise but a few episodes in the bleaker tone starts to take over.

What's even funnier is if I remember right the show came out in the same season as noted bad Amell show The Tomorrow People and that one about high school teen aliens. So your thoughts were a bit leery just going into it to begin with.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The Iron Rose posted:

Good God I love this show.

gently caress Clexa though I'm shipping ClarkexTrader Girl.

Trader girl is just a random lay. Every self-respecting Barbarian hero has a ice queen lusting for them, only to stand apart because of her position/their need to murder standing in the way of their tragic love.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Iron Rose posted:

Good God I love this show.

gently caress Clexa though I'm shipping ClarkexTrader Girl.

You're dead to me.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CeeJee posted:

The Arkers have those futuristic looking RONI pistol-carbines which I think they brought down with them. With so many space stations in orbit also armed with nuclear missiles I guess the nations' militaries had a presence in space too.

I wish you didnt have to register your glock as a SBR to use a Roni they look cool as poo poo

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

sbaldrick posted:

The Blue Ridge Mountains do exist near Mt. Weather they just aren't really Vancouver Mountains big.

The giant tower in the middle of no where is kind of weird.

It's gotta correspond to something since nothing in the show so far has suggested the grounders are capable of that level of architecture. I sure can't think of what it would be though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

It's gotta correspond to something since nothing in the show so far has suggested the grounders are capable of that level of architecture. I sure can't think of what it would be though.

It could be something that's not built yet.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Marty, you're not thinking fourth-dimensionally!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Rocksicles posted:

You're dead to me.

Hey at least it's not BellamyxClarke. Clexa is a solid second place option!

And on second thought just think of the amazing hatesex that'd result.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You're making it worse now.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Personally, I only ship couples whose names combine to form real words. Craven, Clasper, Minty, Memory, and Aha! for life. :colbert: Bellamy's name sadly just doesn't fit with anyone, so I only ship Bellamy/Friendzone, or Bellendzone for short.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

Spergatory posted:

Personally, I only ship couples whose names combine to form real words. Craven, Clasper, Minty, Memory, and Aha! for life. :colbert: Bellamy's name sadly just doesn't fit with anyone, so I only ship Bellamy/Friendzone, or Bellendzone for short.

Not that I ever want to see it but couldn't you do Baha?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Linctavia is my OTP :swoon:

What was Captain Vane's name on this show? Prince A....? I missed it.

I get why a surviving skyscraper would make for an intimidating seat of power for Lexa but they were seriously high up. Think of all the stairs! :ohdear: Unless they show that the Grounders have rigged up some lifts to run up the old elevator shafts next week, I guess!

First I was surprised they didn't use an iconic Washington DC landmark for her HQ, but it actually makes sense that all those buildings would have been bombed to smithereens.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

hollylolly posted:

Linctavia is my OTP :swoon:

I get why a surviving skyscraper would make for an intimidating seat of power for Lexa but they were seriously high up. Think of all the stairs! :ohdear: Unless they show that the Grounders have rigged up some lifts to run up the old elevator shafts next week, I guess!

First I was surprised they didn't use an iconic Washington DC landmark for her HQ, but it actually makes sense that all those buildings would have been bombed to smithereens.

These dudes walk and ride dozens of miles per day. I doubt they give a poo poo about stairs.

It would be pretty awesome if they rigged the elevators though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo that had weighted pulley descenders in Robin Hood, the Grounders can probably figure out some simple physics.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

https://twitter.com/JRothenbergTV/status/693528696024530944

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

hollylolly posted:

It sounded like Roan or maybe Rowan to me.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

YES

WarLocke posted:

It sounded like Roan or maybe Rowan to me.

You are right! According to Zach McGowan's wikipedia it's spelled Roan. Speaking of Zach McGowan, I love his face. It's so... feline? I don't know how to describe it, but he certainly is good at looking dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'll be the first to say it I guess. I haven't really enjoyed the past 2 episodes. Something about the pacing just seems real off to me.

• Locked thread