Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

The thought of a mch buff makes me cackle a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
It looks like a lot of changes people have been asking for so that's good.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
So the mount reward for the Gnath quests is a thing.

It's like someone cast Raise Dead on some Balut and this thing emerged screaming in pain.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 30, 2016

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

ActionZero posted:

So the mount reward for the Gnath quests is a thing.

It's like someone cast Raise Dead on some Balut and this thing emerged screaming in pain.

Man I was hoping the Gnath mount was going to be a Tarantula Hawk or another type of wasp or bee.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
That's vaguely horrifying.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

quote:

01 Heavensward
02 A Cold Wind
03 Solid
04 Against the Wind
05 Melt
06 Descent
07 Ominous Prognisticks
08 Black and White
09 Nobility Sleeps
10 Borderless
11 Shelter
12 Lost in the Clouds
13 Coming Home
14 Like a Summer Rain
15 Close to the Heavens
16 Jewel
17 For the Sky
18 Safety in Numbers
19 Painted Foothills
20 The Hand that Gives the Rose
21 Unbending Steel
22 Painted Skies
23 Slumber Eternal
24 Landlords
25 What is Love?
26 Roar of the Wyrm
27 Skylords
28 Contention
29 Nobility Obliges
30 Hallowed Halls
31 The Heavens' Ward
32 Night in the Brume
33 Heavy Rain
34 Limitless Blue
35 Woe that Is Madness
36 Misconception
37 Missing Pages
38 Paradise Found
39 The Mushroomery
40 Ink Long Dry
41 Homestead
42 The Silent Regard of Stars
43 Poison Ivy
44 Upon the Rocks
45 Aetherpause
46 In Darkness, There Is One
47 Voidal Manifest
48 Stone and Steel
49 Order Yet Undeciphered
50 Unbreakable
51 Imagination
52 Heroes Never Die
53 Heroes
54 Inception
55 Dragonsong
56 Sins of the Father, Sins of the Son
57 Locus
58 Metal

Track list for the Heavensward bluray.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Looks like the new tome gear is primal themed? Showin in the live letter when talking about tome gear.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Z0sPVul.png][/img]
(stolen from reddit)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Slightly annoyed my eso right side gear is going to be worthless for my tanks now. Oh well, esos should be uncapped in this patch anyways.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

boz posted:

For curiosity's sake, what kind of mouse do you have?

One of these.

Hyper Inferno posted:

Maybe you set a different language for FFXIV if you have multiple language inputs that's eating your inputs? I know this happens to me in TF2 if I try to jump-crouch and then accidentally switch to Chinese inputs.

No idea how I would have done that but it's worth looking into. How do I check that?

Still experiencing the problem today. Very bizarre.

E: I....fixed it? Apparently I had a driver update available via Geforce experience (but not the device manager) and after installing it I'm not experiencing the keyboard problem anymore.

Computers are weird

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 30, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Craftable crystal bell :woop:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Belzac posted:

Alternatively you could be avoiding playing a more fun class because you're a wimp and are a drain on everyone you play with, making the game not as fun for them.

Is this your way of telling us you're quitting?

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

Q&A posted:

Hotbar improvements
Revamped recast animation display
A setting will be added to the configuration for displaying the recast time in numbers.

One of my main complaints about hotbars was not being able to set the recast time in numbers on them so this is great.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Got my relic. Huge props to Hank Nice, Zealous Lake, Setalla Kusanagi, and Godbert Manderville for the HQ crafts and also everyone in the Crystal Tower Runs LS for having newbie bonuses and/or being warm bodies to help me acquire those newbie bonuses.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Got my relic. Huge props to Hank Nice, Zealous Lake, Setalla Kusanagi, and Godbert Manderville for the HQ crafts and also everyone in the Crystal Tower Runs LS for having newbie bonuses and/or being warm bodies to help me acquire those newbie bonuses.

Way to go! I still have the hard mode primals to do before I can start the relic grind.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Aphrodite posted:

Is this your way of telling us you're quitting?

Your question doesn't even slightly resemble the statement.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Belzac posted:

Belzac posted:

Quit, Belzac. Do it you bitch baby.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Rexicon1 posted:

Quit, Belzac. Do it you bitch baby.

It's not goon hyperbole.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Paladins are the donald trump of ffxiv

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Hey vandes in the live letter they didn't say anything about not being able to forbidden meld raid gear. Please say he said it in Japanese.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

ilifinicus posted:

Paladins are the donald trump of ffxiv

How dare you

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I'm good friends with a lot of warriors. Great people. But when was the last time you saw them beating Goblins? They kill warriors all the time! I beat Goblins all the time. All the time. I'm going to build a Sheltron to keep all the Goblin Out and make The Goblins pay for it. It'll make your head spin.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Nobody builds bulwarks like me, believe me. I build them very expensively.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well I guess that's my heads up to halt Bard progress and finish getting my AST to 60 so I can get in on that mentor glam action once 3.2 hits.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Belzac posted:

Hey vandes in the live letter they didn't say anything about not being able to forbidden meld raid gear. Please say he said it in Japanese.
I am sorry to reveal it, but it seems their previous statement of forbidden melds not being present was only meant for the main stats. They are increasing the rate at which you can get materia, and excuse the excessive need for melds by saying "you only get a piece a week, so surely you have a stash lying around that you can use"

all the fears are coming to life

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

quote:

In regards to tanks, we’ll be looking at each of the three jobs’ defense traits and making overall adjustments to their values. Amongst the adjustments, paladin will be receiving large adjustments. Not only in terms of their offensive-aspects, but overall adjustments as well.

watch paladins end up the strongest tanks in 3.2

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Ainsley McTree posted:

E: I....fixed it? Apparently I had a driver update available via Geforce experience (but not the device manager) and after installing it I'm not experiencing the keyboard problem anymore.

This one time in FFXI, a game update made computers with Logitech USB mice and keyboards (don't think it was all models, but affected a lot of people) run at about 40% FPS when the mouse/keyboard was plugged in. If you ripped out the cord while ingame the FPS would instantly spring up to full. Fortunately, it was also "fixed" by having a USB to PS/2 dongle, which I had lying around and my mobo actually had a PS/2 plug. SE spent a couple of weeks claiming that nothing was wrong, and that the issue people had was unrelated to their update, clearly. Then they kinda relented, looked into it, and a couple weeks after that fixed it in a tiny patch.

In short, computers are strange things, and SE makes the weirdest poo poo come out.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Cool game.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

ilifinicus posted:

here's the fan response to this Producer Letter Live

pictured: Yoshi-P and Fan Girl A

Is that a main story quest meteor on his pocket? Does he have FFXIV jeans?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

^^^^ That is indeed jeans with the FFXIV logo on them. I believe they sell these in Japan at events

My favourite part of the live letter is the part where yoshida talks about materia and introduces the raid gear meld slots and immediately goes "I KNOW WHATCHU THINKING, THAT poo poo IS EXPENSIVE, DOG, but I have you covered in these new an amazing ways I will not talk about that give you access to materia more easily. please look forward to it"

ilifinicus fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 30, 2016

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
DRK is great, but I have to give mad props to WAR because the level 50 quest is a Brokeback Mountain reference.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Wait a second...

We can queue for LDR / trial roulette as a group now??

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Wait a second...

RIP dungeon queues for newbies. Unless they're hoping the mentor roulette will pick up the slack for that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Other than the Sephirot preview, I'm not terribly impressed.

I'm especially concerned about the schedule showing 3.3 as 4-5 months after this patch.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 30, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

seiferguy posted:

Wait a second...

Yup

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Thundarr posted:

RIP dungeon queues for newbies. Unless they're hoping the mentor roulette will pick up the slack for that.

The noobs will get placed with other noobs and people without friends.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
The VIT changes are nice and all, but the substat itemization on tank right side is still going to be trash. Parry really needs to be a rating value that solely exists on weapons, like Block is on shields. There isn't really a reason for it to exist on armor and accessories other than to waste the stat slot.

edit: at least this change also coincides with a new crafted accessories tier. Tank Pentameld Train doesn't stop. Diadem gonna see plenty of materia farms.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 30, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I really hope Astral Fire lasting 12 seconds in the demo reel was an actual change we're getting and not just Yoshi-P cheating, because that would make the BLM 60 rotation a lot less punishing if you want to, say, walk out of an AoE and not lose 40% of your damage :neckbeard:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Valle posted:

This one time in FFXI, a game update made computers with Logitech USB mice and keyboards (don't think it was all models, but affected a lot of people) run at about 40% FPS when the mouse/keyboard was plugged in. If you ripped out the cord while ingame the FPS would instantly spring up to full. Fortunately, it was also "fixed" by having a USB to PS/2 dongle, which I had lying around and my mobo actually had a PS/2 plug. SE spent a couple of weeks claiming that nothing was wrong, and that the issue people had was unrelated to their update, clearly. Then they kinda relented, looked into it, and a couple weeks after that fixed it in a tiny patch.

In short, computers are strange things, and SE makes the weirdest poo poo come out.

Well. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Unrelated: As a fisher not playing with a controller, how do I tell when to use Powerful Hookset vs. Precision Hookset? I googled it and a reddit thread suggested that one tug noise = precision, two tug noises or a cracking sound = powerful, but after about an hour I'm not quite sure I can hear the difference. Is there a better rule of thumb? Sometimes reddit threads are full of poo poo, I'm finding.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Unrelated: As a fisher not playing with a controller, how do I tell when to use Powerful Hookset vs. Precision Hookset? I googled it and a reddit thread suggested that one tug noise = precision, two tug noises or a cracking sound = powerful, but after about an hour I'm not quite sure I can hear the difference. Is there a better rule of thumb? Sometimes reddit threads are full of poo poo, I'm finding.

The amount of tug noises isn't a super reliable cue for people who aren't too familiar with fishing. There are definitely two different sounds for small fish that have both one and two tugging sounds that don't have any correlation to the fish itself(Tiny Axolotl's will cause both.) You just have to go by the intensity of the sound itself. Eventually you'll learn them. Another tip is that fish bite at certain intervals after casting. The minimum is 10 seconds, up to a maximum of 30. After which you'll automatically end the cast without a bite if there isn't anything compatible with your bait. The same fish will always bite at the same intervals, usually smaller fish early and larger fish later, with Big Fish being at the end of the time frame. Set up a casting macro that uses /echo and /wait to read off a countdown after every 5 seconds, starting at 10 seconds after casting. Some fish will bite on two intervals, like the 15 second and the 20 second. You can even add in what fish bite and when to the echo(/echo 20 sec. - Thunderbolt Eel) if you're looking for something specific once you find out when they bite, so you can just ride it out until it gets away if you know it's not something you want.

An example is for Thaliak Caiman. Middle Thaliak River, Bullfrogs bite at 10 seconds and 15 seconds, Sweetfish bite at 15 seconds and 20 seconds. Caimans themselves while mooching, on top of the super noticable cracking rod sound, bite at 25 seconds. Theres a bit of variance due to server ticks and any latency you have, but it's a pretty accurate and reliable way to get specific fish.

Wow. I'm a huge fishing sperg in this game.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Way to go! I still have the hard mode primals to do before I can start the relic grind.

Wait, are you talking about the 2.0 relic? Because you really shouldn't do that, it's not worth it.

• Locked thread