Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

etalian posted:

He also smacked talked all the Feds as about being dumb and incompetent even though he basically gave them a unencrypted laptop.

His laptop was encrypted, but they nabbed him while he was logged in, which is standard procedure to work around "unbreakable" encryption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Blaine Cooper called some show trying to explain himself.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/693514871715987460

If they take the perimeter away, people will at least try to get supplies to them and prolong this even further, so for now it goes on costing the US taxpayer an absurd amount to keep a bunch of idiots in time-out.

Lolie has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Jan 30, 2016

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
just expand the scope of the refuge and make them into a permanent exhibit

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Just The Facts posted:

Wow, people who think the cops 'murdered' that guy get REALLY mad when you ask what they thought about police shootings involving black youth.

My favourite was when a mod in a livestream was preaching about how we should all be upset about government tyranny. So I asked "what tyranny?", and was answered with almost a minute of silence and him changing the topic.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Just The Facts posted:

Wow, people who think the cops 'murdered' that guy get REALLY mad when you ask what they thought about police shootings involving black youth.
Tell them he's basically Michael Brown with a gun and video evidence.

Airborne Viking posted:

My favourite was when a mod in a livestream was preaching about how we should all be upset about government tyranny. So I asked "what tyranny?", and was answered with almost a minute of silence and him changing the topic.
"Government tyranny" is basically code for that person's inability to get their poo poo together. Most people bitching about their taxes are living so far outside of their means that not paying their taxes wouldn't make a difference.

Casimir Radon has issued a correction as of 21:01 on Jan 30, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Novo posted:

See over here we have the majestic white welfare queen in it's natural habitat.

See how it marks its territory with empty beer cans and cigarette stubs?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

etalian posted:

And pull tabs.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

See over here we have the majestic white welfare queen in it's natural habitat.

not usually seen this far from snacks, a changing climate and an expanding federal government has pushed them near the brink of extinction

(read in david attenborough voice)

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/HGTomato/status/693509048176656384

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

way to sign that death warrant

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

LOL holy poo poo

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

VikingSkull posted:

The only way the feds could gently caress this up now if they shot everyone inside is if they shot the dogs as well.

This is the dog the idiots thought was an FBI dog earlier.

Lolie has issued a correction as of 21:53 on Jan 30, 2016

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Lolie posted:

The only way the feds could gently caress this up now if they shot everyone inside is if they shot the dogs as well.

that would just prove they're not racist and that black and white people are treated the same

what would really be bad is if they shot an eagle

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
You should really read Sandy's FB timeline. So many references to "intel" and "word is". As long as you're not the authorities, you could feed these people any bullshit you wanted - no matter how preposterous - and they'd believe it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lolie posted:

This is the dog the idiots thought was an FBI dog earlier.

It's what's for dinner!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Well technically the remaining holdouts do have one piece of leverage. I mean, they could threaten to destroy all the precious artifacts and such in the refuge.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

I'm sure the feds will really appreciate this bit of news.

Mr Interweb has issued a correction as of 22:19 on Jan 30, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

Well technically the remaining holdouts do have one piece of leverage. I mean, they could threaten to destroy all the precious artifacts and such in the refuge.
They could but then their prison sentences will be extra long, and their wages will be garnished for the rest of their lives to pay the restitution.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Casimir Radon posted:

They could but then their prison sentences will be extra long, and their wages will be garnished for the rest of their lives to pay the restitution.

Considering the entirety of their defense is likely to be "we do not acknowledge the authority of the federal government" freemen bullshit I doubt this would even register as a concern for them.

OTOH threatening to destroy priceless artifacts might prompt the authorities to stop sitting on their hands and actually do something so here's hoping...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Geoj posted:

Considering the entirety of their defense is likely to be "we do not acknowledge the authority of the federal government" freemen bullshit I doubt this would even register as a concern for them.

OTOH threatening to destroy priceless artifacts might prompt the authorities to stop sitting on their hands and actually do something so here's hoping...

Last night they were saying, "DON'T SHOOT THE DRONE, THAT'S EXTRA CHARGES!"

They recognize the authority of the courts alright, if they didn't they wouldn't be demanding amnesty

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Mr Interweb posted:

Judging by the mess they've made of their campsite, I doubt any artefacts survived the first week.

They're talking to the cops on livestream. Not on NTA. Only on DYB for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-evPvwzaY

Lolie has issued a correction as of 22:56 on Jan 30, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
:siren:LIVE FROM THE COMPOUND:siren:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Where are they putting all poop. That guy has to lay logs the size of my forearm a few times a day.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Philthy posted:

Where are they putting all poop. That guy has to lay logs the size of my forearm a few times a day.

they spent a whole day digging giant holes with heavy equipment for no discernible reason

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I hope someone asks Sean about his criminal history and outstanding bench warrant.

I can't imagine spending 10 minutes in that tent with them, they're insufferable. I would rather be in a cell.

Edit- He acknowledges he is on probation but thinks it isn't fair that he goes to prison for joining an armed occupation.

Knight has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Jan 30, 2016

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Novo posted:

Figures that there would be loons in there.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I want to know what it smells like under that tarp.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"Why won't they let anybody in? They let Barbara come and go!"
"Who?"
"B--Barbara?"

It really needs repeating just how stupid these people are.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Philthy posted:

Stewed poo poo, stale tobacco, and fat person sweat.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Philthy posted:

Well considering it's gonna hit a crackling high of ~32 today on the refuge, it probably just smells like a camp fire.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Bury my Tarp at Malheur Burns

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

These people are not doing a really great job of convincing me that federal lands should be turned over to people like them, they are filthy and they have totally trashed the area of their camp.

I mean I guess if you want America to be covered in beer cans and cigarette butts, it would be a great idea to just give all lands to them.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I bet an airsoft team could murk those fools. Let's go FBI, step your game up. 1.0 K/D is far from impressive. David would have surrendered already if you weren't such noobs.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol theyre literally under a tarp

is that the tarp tarp?

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

XMNN posted:

is that the tarp tarp?

Apparently they are a big thing right now, wonder if they are kosher?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

XMNN posted:

is that the tarp tarp?

The Tarptheon

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Bluetarpylae

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
Truly only the greatest patriots remain behind to hold the fort.

They sound hilarious trying to figure how they're all hosed and why they're all hosed. 'We didn't do anything! Why would they want to kill us?'

That's a tactical Tarp FYI. No normal tarp.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i think when they were talking to the police it turned out theyd basically run off to hide in the woods when it looked like the feds might shoot them all and the rest of them packed up and left without them

now theyre refusing to leave the guy with warrants behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I like this one. The camera actually shows things this time. What it shows is filthy hobos whining on the phone about how unfair it all is, but that's still an improvement over the general camera quality.

They are on the phone at the start with the sheriff from their home town, I think? Definitely a sheriff.

Unfortunately there is a good ten minutes where someone is crinkling foil and banging pots or something. WTF guys?