Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

MisterBibs posted:

In the year of our Lord 2016, it kinda boggles my mind that Internet Critics still act shocked and/or upset that their works are flagged/sanctioned/whatever'd, especially when their content is "Major chunks of someone else's content that either cuts to my face, or just has me talking over that content the entire runtime".

You mean like when Brad talks in a car about a movie, using no IP whatsoever?

Yup. Totally not broken system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Hbomberguy posted:

What's that? Red? Red and black? Anarchocommunist colour scheme? Great idea!

Floor-to-ceiling wall-to-wall mirrors on all four walls.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Miss Wallace posted:

Also I find this video hilarious since Doug talks about how youtube sucks for not communicating and not being very good business people. Swap out "youtube" for "channel awesome" and it's the same. LOL

He also said he doesn't like discussing internal business, since it's "unprofessional".

Swap out "unprofessional" with "makes our company and all the management look really, really bad"...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You know you can have more than one quote in a post, right?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

lornekates posted:

You mean like when Brad talks in a car about a movie, using no IP whatsoever?

Yup. Totally not broken system.

That was stupid, I agree.

When it comes to getting flags/strikes/whatevers, stuff like Brad talking in a car is the smart move for Internet Critics. The more your content is someone else's work with your face interspersed with it, the more likely you're going to get tagged by the folks who own that work.

It's like, I get that you want to review movies online. Great. Are you going to do it the way that's clearly fraught with risks and danger, or are you going to do it a way that reduces that risk?

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

lornekates posted:

Floor-to-ceiling wall-to-wall mirrors on all four walls.
I once constructed a cube-shaped box consisting of six large mirrors. Do you know what I saw when I went inside?

Nothing, it was too fuckin' dark in there, dingus

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Hbomberguy posted:

I once constructed a cube-shaped box consisting of six large mirrors. Do you know what I saw when I went inside?

Nothing, it was too fuckin' dark in there, dingus

Try hacking the universe's frag shader and upping the ambient light.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

rujasu posted:

Also, Todd liking Taylor Swift was something I was prepared for. Todd becoming a huge Justin Bieber apologist? That has kinda blind-sided me. He is still terrible, and his success in 2015 pissed me right off.

Nah, a lot of his 2015 stuff was actually decent or good. Justin Beiber the person is still horrible, but his music has gotten a lot better. Except his new one about how he totally doesn't care and his mom doesn't like her is pretty garbage.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You know that you can reply to more than one post, right? Almost like they're separate topics and separate discussions with separate people.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Now, if I replied to the same conversation in multiple posts, that'd be stupid.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

My penultimate Animorphs review is up. #53 The Answer (Part One, Part Two). The one where a bunch of disabled children die horribly.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Gyges posted:

Nah, a lot of his 2015 stuff was actually decent or good. Justin Beiber the person is still horrible, but his music has gotten a lot better. Except his new one about how he totally doesn't care and his mom doesn't like her is pretty garbage.

Well, seems like everyone else thinks so. I sure don't. I like to think I have a pretty open mind, and I'm pretty sure I'm not letting my judgment get clouded by the fact that he's the "Baby" and "Eeenie Meenie" guy, but like, I've listened to his big hits this year. They are not good and he is not good. He has gone from being an annoying little poo poo in his younger years, to now just being a bland, uninteresting singer who makes tedious music. He didn't become good, just a different variety of bad. Apparently I'm in the vast minority here, but I just don't get the appeal. Like, what does he even bring to the table as a singer? In 2009 I didn't care for him, but I at least felt like I understood why he was popular. In 2015? I don't understand why he still has a career. I'm more confused about it than angry.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bad Wolf posted:

Channel Awesome has had it's Youtube monitization taken away, as well as other features, like videos being more than 15 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC3NIdiZF_E

They are pretty much hosed if they can't get this overturned, as those restrictions last for six months. And apparantly, they're not the only ones.

Didn't Doug like have a goodbye almost on par with him quitting his retail job with youtube when he first began?

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
I'm not sure how legit this is, but if it's true, Youtube's practices re monetisation are shady as gently caress.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I laugh at Doug for having a taste of his own medicine and not understanding how YouTube's policies changed for the worse. Seriously this is his business, he ain't no yourmoviesucks in quality but at least match it in understanding guidelines that affect your work.

It's still bad but Doug's ignorance is no bliss for him.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I'm just wondering why, if this is true, the OP decided to go for whistleblowing via pastebin and not, apparently, contacting the FBI and IRS.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Puppy Time posted:

I'm just wondering why, if this is true, the OP decided to go for whistleblowing via pastebin and not, apparently, contacting the FBI and IRS.

It's pretty common for whistleblowers nowadays, who may not trust the official channels. Pastebin allows a fair amount of anonymity and is easily shareable.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Is it also common for it to be entirely hearsay? Because, while I have no problem believing that Google is loving around, it's sort of weird to offer no real proof. The whole thing is just so easily dismissed as STDH, so it seems weird to me if it's the for real deal.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Jacob 'JesuOtaku' Chapman just outed himself as transgender. Congrats, and all the best to him.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Oh wow, this is super cool. I'm really happy for him!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I believe he still posts here, so good for him.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Good luck, Jacob!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
That makes no sense, JO hates gay people. 100% reliable and sane Channel Awesome comments told me so.

Grats, fellow transperson. I hope online assholes aren't too insane about this.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Best of luck to him and his new life.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Grats Jacob. Good luck on the new page on life.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 31, 2016

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Hopefully he's ready for a future full of being asked, "Do you go by Jacob or Jake?" all the time. Agreed with everyone; best of luck.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

rujasu posted:

Hopefully he's ready for a future full of being asked, "Do you go by Jacob or Jake?" all the time. Agreed with everyone; best of luck.

The worst of all fates?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Well that takes a lot of bravery and I'm very happy for him. Good luck.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
So JesuOtaku's now a dude? OK, cool.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Well that takes a lot of bravery and I'm very happy for him. Good luck.

I had to look at twitter and I was generally surprised by the amount of support he's receiving. Sometimes, just sometimes the internet isn't a shithole.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

WickedHate posted:

Oh wow, this is super cool. I'm really happy for him!

ISN'T IT FUNNY THAT WE WERE ALWAYS AT EACH OTHER'S THROATS I THINK IT IS FUNNY NOW HO HO HO.

Thank you so much for all the kind words and support, guys. :) I'm just glad I can finally be honest with everybody about it.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

ZakAce posted:

So JesuOtaku's now a dude? OK, cool.

I look forward to more rational reviews in the future :smug:

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

I had to look at twitter and I was generally surprised by the amount of support he's receiving. Sometimes, just sometimes the internet isn't a shithole.
Massive support, on Twitter? There are still miracles left in this world.

Chiming in with the congratulations as well, JO. Coming out as trans isn't always a smooth road, but the fact that you have friends and fans alike to support you is definitely a shock absorber, to stretch a metaphor farther than it probably makes sense.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Best of luck JO, I'm honestly kinda shocked at how much support you're getting on twitter because of how people on the internet generally are.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Testekill posted:

Best of luck JO, I'm honestly kinda shocked at how much support you're getting on twitter because of how people on the internet generally are.

I'll definitely take the fluke. It's a huge weight off my shoulders.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jay O posted:

ISN'T IT FUNNY THAT WE WERE ALWAYS AT EACH OTHER'S THROATS I THINK IT IS FUNNY NOW HO HO HO.

Haha, don't worry about it. Welcome to the club and the Down With Cis shirt should arrive in 1-2 weeks. :)

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Congrats!

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Jay O posted:

Thank you so much for all the kind words and support, guys. :) I'm just glad I can finally be honest with everybody about it.

Congratulations and good luck :)

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

WickedHate posted:

Haha, don't worry about it. Welcome to the club and the Down With Cis shirt should arrive in 1-2 weeks. :)

I never got mine, do I have to bomb the patriarchy first or...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

rujasu posted:

You mean like Jake from State Farm? :v:

• Locked thread