Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Tribute video of WWE's Martin Luther King tribute from today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzYFkwn5zp4

This is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is good.

Thank you, it was taken down quickly as expected. Here is a mirror.

https://vimeo.com/152231545

e: it's back on youtube somehow =O

Eleanor Pwnsevelt fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 21, 2016

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Incredibly cool violin cover of Nakamura's theme Subconscious http://youtu.be/Uo1lldedvTk

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-RSZeBtJo4

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Stiff video to watch if you are a Bret Hart fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppCxy9FG7KE

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I knew who made that video before I even started it.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Eat poo poo, Bret was the best.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

britishbornandbread posted:

Eat poo poo, Bret was the best.

I dunno, he kind of comes across two faced there. But I think you've won me over telling me to eat poo poo.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also I think most of the people in that video are generally not considered trustworthy sources

Bret was probably very self-absorbed and extremely serious about wrestling, but you kind of need that to be on top. Half of those guys also were dickheads in spades and drew like poo poo.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

I will not allow you to tarnish the good name of Hulk Hogan like that sir.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Compared to pretty much the rest of his family Bret Hart was pretty chill. Even owen kind of comes off like a bit of a sociopath the more I learned about him.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

On the subject of that video, while most of the dudes in it are known to be lying dipshits, what is Scott Hall's rep? He's not usually on the list of lovely liars/politicians/monsters when it comes to Horrible Human Beings in Wrestling. Other than the drinking of course. Even though he hung around with two of the worst ever.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

On the subject of that video, while most of the dudes in it are known to be lying dipshits, what is Scott Hall's rep? He's not usually on the list of lovely liars/politicians/monsters when it comes to Horrible Human Beings in Wrestling. Other than the drinking of course. Even though he hung around with two of the worst ever.

He choked and assaulted his girlfriend and apparently refused to sign a card for a dying 6 year old kid (the second one according to Bret Hart, at least). I'm sure there's other things. He's never really come off as a great person

He apparently has ptsd from murdering a dude in the 80s though although I have no idea of that's a clinical diagnosis or just something that's said about him. He definitely has bad addiction and mental problems stemming from something.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Brett's #1 problem was that he came to the US and played up the whole Canada thing

fine if you're a heel but heels in his era weren't popular and didn't hold titles long

if he came along later he was hosed twice as hard because the type of heel that he played wasn't the badass anti-establishment anti-hero like, say, Austin. Brett was the epitome of the jerkoff heel and he should have just embraced it

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

http://youtu.be/n5Tc25rJpUA

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Trailer for new wrestling documentary Nine Legends which was announced on Reddit last night and met with a lot of crying from the typical Reddit user who felt they should have been consulted in the sub Reddit promoting the film. I've watched it and it's actually pretty good. If you're looking for wrestlers to be asked about Batista's dick size, this won't be for you though. I'm currently making some GIF's of the film as there's some cool things like Dynamite Kid wrestling in England in the 90's, I'll post them in the GIF thread later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsoWIaUCoU

EDIT: they have put out some other trailers since this, can't be bothered to post them all, but kinda had to post this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrjRJJNz8-0

CoolCat fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 31, 2016

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Aesop Poprock posted:

He choked and assaulted his girlfriend and apparently refused to sign a card for a dying 6 year old kid (the second one according to Bret Hart, at least). I'm sure there's other things. He's never really come off as a great person

He apparently has ptsd from murdering a dude in the 80s though although I have no idea of that's a clinical diagnosis or just something that's said about him. He definitely has bad addiction and mental problems stemming from something.

Scott definitely has PTSD, both from that and from growing up with an abusive alcoholic father. He was also, by his own admission, an rear end in a top hat who stirred poo poo up for no reason during the peak of his career, but tends to be more honest about his own shortcomings than a lot of wrestlers are.

Bret was an rear end in a top hat too, but he's calmed down considerably since he wrote his crazy-rear end book and seems much happier these days.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bret Hart's family comes off as so insanely horrible that I'm surprised he's as stable as he is. Not a single person he was related to by blood or marriage ties was sane. Jim Neidhart and his mom might honestly be the closest thing to normal

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Aesop Poprock posted:

Bret Hart's family comes off as so insanely horrible that I'm surprised he's as stable as he is. Not a single person he was related to by blood or marriage ties was sane. Jim Neidhart and his mom might honestly be the closest thing to normal

Neidhart was arrested for burglary and drug trafficking a few years ago, so he turned out not to be terribly normal, either.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

http://youtu.be/N3CDDu4AYSg

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

CombineThresher posted:

Neidhart was arrested for burglary and drug trafficking a few years ago, so he turned out not to be terribly normal, either.

Nattie seems well-adjusted. Are there any harrowing stories about Davey Jr.?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Sanguinia posted:

Nattie seems well-adjusted. Are there any harrowing stories about Davey Jr.?

Not that I know of, beyond his appetite for steroids.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CombineThresher posted:

Oh yeah totally forgot about that

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CombineThresher posted:

Scott definitely has PTSD, both from that and from growing up with an abusive alcoholic father. He was also, by his own admission, an rear end in a top hat who stirred poo poo up for no reason during the peak of his career, but tends to be more honest about his own shortcomings than a lot of wrestlers are.

Bret was an rear end in a top hat too, but he's calmed down considerably since he wrote his crazy-rear end book and seems much happier these days.

It was a great book but I think getting back in contact and having at least a cordial relationship with Vince, hbk and hhh has probably done the most for him bitterness-wise

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Oh yeah totally forgot about that

I assumed you knew about that and kind of agreed.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Jim Neidhart picked up his bad habits when he got booked for the goon wrestle show.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wasn't Owen sort of normal? I always felt like I was under the impression that he was the most well grounded of the Harts

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

thepokey posted:

Wasn't Owen sort of normal? I always felt like I was under the impression that he was the most well grounded of the Harts
I think the speed he became well grounded at was a bit of a problem.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Semprini posted:

I think the speed he became well grounded at was a bit of a problem.

All that was really left to wonder was how someone was going to employ that joke

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I thought your original post was the joke

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

thepokey posted:

He played the same kind of pranks that people play into the narrative that Dynamite Kid was a huge sociopath and didn't apologize to Austin for breaking his neck.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

He played the same kind of pranks that people play into the narrative that Dynamite Kid was a huge sociopath and didn't apologize to Austin for breaking his neck.

Source? To put it nicely, I find this hard to believe.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Austin has talked about it several times.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

Austin has talked about it several times.

Well I don't think I've heard the story. Owen had that Owen 3:16 shirt and everything. :/

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I know he talks about it on one of the many many docs WWE did about him. Goes into not attending Owens funeral also.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 1, 2016

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Austin and Bret both confirm Owen never apologized or visited Austin after the neck injury. Bret went further in saying it was a big reason their friendship took a nose dive, they were good buddies before the incident. Doesn't help that Austin told Owen not to do the piledriver rear end-first before the match, and Owen did it anyway...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Source? To put it nicely, I find this hard to believe.

Yeah owen was a bit of an unpleasant dude. He's the kind that sounds funny to an extent in print until you realize a person doing the type of pranks he would do to people would get you arrested half the time

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I assumed you knew about that and kind of agreed.

I still mostly stand by my original comment, yes

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah owen was a bit of an unpleasant dude. He's the kind that sounds funny to an extent in print until you realize a person doing the type of pranks he would do to people would get you arrested half the time

Reminds me of the Mr. Perfect DVD they did a few years ago. They went out of their way not to say anything negative about him (not going into why he was fired or how he died), but when they spent a segment laughing about all the wacky pranks he would pull, me and the people I watched it with sat there going, "Wow, what an rear end in a top hat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

play this at my funeral

http://youtu.be/bGT3EdTuBco

• Locked thread