Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
How dare he use CBS property for his other gig, I'm writing a letter to Dave Letterman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Some real peak Brad in this Move or Die QL

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Barons why are you so mean to Brad?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
He knows what he did.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Video games

Are good

Everything about this is magnificent

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Oh lord I have to make a gif of the Tails from Move or Die

loving lmao

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I bet GBEAST will do the bombshell quicklook.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

0lives posted:

Actually I was just watching a video on this game with a room that needed 28, and dealt injuries on 3,4,5, so I don't believe in you anymore sorry

I got to week 8 for the first time so maybe your positive/negative energy helped

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TAILS

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Been playing a bit of Darkest Dungeon since release, and I have to agree with those who have said they've made some poor changes to the game since early access. Far too many ways to get stress/arbitrary stress as you move versus almost no ways to reduce stress/way too little reduced when it does, leads to every run, even good ones, with everyone Afflicted if not close to having a heart attack. That almost every fight has monsters who are very fast and also only do stress damage, so that they always go first and always do 20-25 stress damage per attack, means even 3 rooms in some of my dudes are at 70+ stress. It's unfortunate because during early access, the game was tough, but fair, once you understood the mechanics and classes, their limitations and strengths. Now there's multiple new mechanics that compound stress levels and basically force retreats or your entire party will die via cascading heart attacks. And that's not even mentioning the new slant towards Afflictions versus Virtuous, I've had 2 Virtuous triggers and like 40 Afflicted triggers. Before, it wasn't necessarily even, but it was more like 60/40.

I like some of the new additions such as corpses though, that's a smart way to prevent people from just having 2 lepers up front and then 2 highwaymen or whoever multi-shoots the front ranks from the back to just grind through them as they move forward when the frontrunners die.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
the witness might be better than the talos principle

the more you dig into it and expect to hit the conceptual bedrock, the deeper and crazier it gets.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So should I not jump back into Darkest Dungeon, a friend of mine I recommended the game to back in early access has made continuous similar complaints about difficulty with the release. Alex seems to love it though.

Tharsis might be enough masochism for me to carry me through next Friday

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DD was good, but I feel like they didn't know when to stop adding new mechanics, and so you get the Fullness mechanic and heart attacks and increased stress generation and such.

Actually, maybe jump back in if you last played during EA, and see if you have a similar experience. I quit right before they added the Arbalest/Man-At-Arms.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Heart attacks seem like the dumbest mechanic for a game about people dungeoning.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

randombattle posted:

Heart attacks seem like the dumbest mechanic for a game about people dungeoning.

But a great mechanic for a game about going irrevocably insane as the inherent horror of the universe becomes clear to them

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

The secret to not getting stressed out in Darkest Dungeon is to murder poo poo faster.

Also, never touch books.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Also be sure to look up which items to use to make the things you interact with in dungeons safer.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Video games

Are good

The interior of his garage looks like it was photoshopped in.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The interior of his garage looks like it was photoshopped in.

Are you implying that Guy Fieri may not be legit!?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

doos posted:

Are you implying that Guy Fierri may not be legit!?

I only wish he was in fact so unlegit, that he could quit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

randombattle posted:

I can't I just can't believe. I've been hurt too many times before. If someone tells me everything I want to hear I think what's the catch. :negative:

The Skyranger pilot now says "We're in the pipe, five by five"

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

SoggyBobcat posted:

The secret to not getting stressed out in Darkest Dungeon is to murder poo poo faster.

Also, never touch books.

I touch everything

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Video games

Are good

this is me

im guy fieri

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Skyranger pilot now says "We're in the pipe, five by five"

I said what's the catch not what would be awesome.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Ruggington posted:

this is me

im guy fieri

You missed out on being Guy Furry.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

doos posted:

You missed out on being Guy Furry.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Ruggington don't lie you aren't nearly racist and homophobic enough to be Guy Fieri.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

THE RITUAL HAS BEGUN, SATAN'S WORK IS DONE.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Every few hours I go back to the sand temple and every few hours I'm still completely loving baffled by what you're supposed to do with those puzzles

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ok I got the witness today, currently at 129+6 with 1 area finished (symmetry) The thing about feeling super smart and then super dumb is very true. I'm just about to go get a pair of scissors.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
i like john "long war" lumpkin

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
HOBGOBLINS ARISEN!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
FAR STRONGER THAN A REGULAR GOBLIN!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

randombattle posted:

Ruggington don't lie you aren't nearly racist and homophobic enough to be Guy Fieri.

what did guy do

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

FAR STRONGER THAN A REGULAR GOBLIN!

hearing rise shout "THIS ONE'S WEAK TO FIRE" in a different game is pretty hosed up

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Ruggington posted:

what did guy do

Be a racist white guy from ohio.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2afH5wYR4BY

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

cat doter posted:

anyone know who hint giving grandma is on steam I need to thank them

Hey.

Okay back to alternating reading thread with MAME fuckery while I catch up as games boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
lmao, totalbiscuit called out invictus in the podcast thread in games http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706691&pagenumber=57#post455655655

• Locked thread