Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Wow, this is up there with the guy playing in the SCG legacy tournament in late 2014 wearing a bear costume and playing a Bear Tribal deck. If I remember correctly the guy said his big win of the day was against GW Hate Bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
GPVan: terrible pools for Errybody

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Been messing around with a Mono-Black Eldrazi deck in Standard and its not as busted as having Eye of Ugin, but its still pretty filthy. I particularly like running 0 fetchlands and 0 shuffle effects.

Eldrazi Smash

4 Thought-Knot Seer
2 Transgress the Mind
2 Eldrazi Mimic
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Wasteland Strangler
4 Bearer of Silence
2 Complete Disregard
2 Blight Herder
2 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
1 Warping Wail
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
3 Reality Smasher
3 Grasp of Darkness

4 Caves of Koilos
2 Ruins of Oran-Rief
3 Sea Gate Wreckage
8 Swamp
4 Llanowar Wastes
2 Mirrorpool
2 Blighted Fen

SB:

2 Flaying Tendrils
4 Duress
1 Transgress the Mind
3 Infinite Obliteration
3 Self-Inflicted Wound
1 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
1 Murderous Cut

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

https://twitter.com/mishrasfotoshop/status/693583454865395712

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Oh my god, this guy committed. I love it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

:swoon:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Man both B/R Dragons and G/U/C seem like such cool decks in a format that is ruled by "four color good stuff"

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Some Numbers posted:

Oh my god, this guy committed. I love it.

I wear my Green Power Ranger mask so that I don't accidentally make eye contact with my opponent and pass priority.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Next time I see Harlan I'm going to ask him what it was like playing against a Power Ranger. I'm not friends with him but he plays FNM at my store. Glorious hair, I'm very jealous.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Humor aside, do people often cosplay at big tourneys like this?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

C-Euro posted:

Humor aside, do people often cosplay at big tourneys like this?

Back in the mid 2000s I saw a guy dressed as Naruto at a number of big events in Seattle.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Green Ranger Deck Tech coming up soon

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Because magic players really need to look like bigger nerds.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Green Ranger deck tech on scglive right now

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Dehtraen posted:

Wow, this is up there with the guy playing in the SCG legacy tournament in late 2014 wearing a bear costume and playing a Bear Tribal deck. If I remember correctly the guy said his big win of the day was against GW Hate Bears.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mcmagic posted:

Because magic players really need to look like bigger nerds.

Who cares

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

People who don't want to be embarrassed by their hobby.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I've played in a robe and wizard hat before. It's fun but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mcmagic posted:

If you're embarrassed by your hobby you should probably not have any hobbies since every single one is full of weirdos and or dumbasses.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

mcmagic posted:

i'm far more embarassed by the people who refuse to wear pants that fit correctly than by a guy dressing up in a funny way

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
ken crocker made me realize I always wanted a zoids x super sentai crossover

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2

mcmagic posted:

So... how many of your facebook friends tagged you on the crackgate article?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zoness posted:

ken crocker made me realize I always wanted a zoids x super sentai crossover

Zoids was great, I wish it still existed.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Fun fact: most people play Magic for fun, not because they are emotionally or financially invested in it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Fiend Computer posted:

Man both B/R Dragons and G/U/C seem like such cool decks in a format that is ruled by "four color good stuff"
BR looks pretty cool. It gets to play Grasp of Darkness and Searing Blaze and threats that fly over most of the format.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Sadly, Google tells me that "Ivan Ooze" is not a commonly used name for Necrotic Ooze combo decks.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Jim Davis apparently put frowny faces next to his Savage Knuckleblades.

And also wrote "What am I doing with my life" on the decklist.

COME ON :mad:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

BR looks pretty cool. It gets to play Grasp of Darkness and Searing Blaze and threats that fly over most of the format.

Plus it can play the cool as hell Goblin dark dwellers to get second uses out of them too. I hope we get some more good removal from shadows, because it seems like it could be a good deck to pick up for rotation.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I'm very disappointed that I missed Green Rangers deck tech.

In any case I hope it catches on so it may forever be known as Green Ranger, cuz you know it will be

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

stinkles1112 posted:

I'm very disappointed that I missed Green Rangers deck tech.

In any case I hope it catches on so it may forever be known as Green Ranger, cuz you know it will be

Star city being star city will require it to fit into their boring nomenclature. It will be shortened to just "green."

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Colorless Simic

Edit: can anybody who saw the deck tech give me a ballpark on what the deck looked like?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This whole time i thought the green ranger was some nickname for a card

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Sadly, Google tells me that "Ivan Ooze" is not a commonly used name for Necrotic Ooze combo decks.

It's what I called mine.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Instant speed creatures every day, take your turn during your opponent's combat phase or end step.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Count Bleck posted:

Jim Davis apparently put frowny faces next to his Savage Knuckleblades.

And also wrote "What am I doing with my life" on the decklist.

COME ON :mad:

From what I've seen/read of him Jim Davis is a terrible person (or at least not a very good person).

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Now more than ever we need better deck names. Can we at least call Dark Jeskai "Wet Mardu" instead? Or use the Nephilim names? Witch-Maw is a good deck name.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

stinkles1112 posted:

Colorless Simic

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cernunnos posted:

From what I've seen/read of him Jim Davis is a terrible person (or at least not a very good person).

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Entropic posted:

Now more than ever we need better deck names. Can we at least call Dark Jeskai "Wet Mardu" instead? Or use the Nephilim names? Witch-Maw is a good deck name.

I'm firmly of the opinion that deck names should avoid references to MtG wherever possible.

My personal favorite name for Jeskai Black, for instance, is Karate Kid: it's got Grandmasters and Mentors and a dopey teenager that's grossly overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
Splashing blue in Abzan should definitely be called "getting your junk wet".

• Locked thread