Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

OhQ prime losing to developmental OhQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

immortals not going to IEM is a loving shame

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Disable Soraka

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

FNC going instead of H2K is by far the biggest shame, but I guess avoiding getting schooled on by Doinb and a top lane Nautilus is probably worth it :unsmigghh:

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I hope Huni and Reignover are never separated, they enable each other in the most beautiful ways

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

henkman posted:

Disable Soraka

Yo the socially acceptable term is Differently Abled Soraka dawg

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Wol posted:

I hope Huni and Reignover are never separated, they enable each other in the most beautiful ways
They are my favourite Korean eSports pairing since Genius and DongRaeGu

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Can we make a "Normal sounding name" team? Steve, Hai, Jensen, ______ , Matt

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
That TP was uh, ambitious.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

WildTurtle ain't letting Monte's team win.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Calax posted:

Can we make a "Normal sounding name" team? Steve, Hai, Jensen, ______ , Matt

Apollo is Apollo's real name but it also sounds like a screenname so

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Wildturtle's Lucian is so, so good.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Immortals is so good that they can let turtle be an idiot and it doesn't even matter.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Reignover is so much better than Crumbz it's not even funny

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

Reignover is so much better than Crumbz it's not even funny

It actually is pretty funny

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
Fuckin' A. Turtle dancing over everyone. Good poo poo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
OhQ.. :smith:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey Monty are you laughing at The team Liquid Analytic Department now??! Are you laughing now...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ADC is almost totally team dependent this split, which is bad news for Freeze and RNG for sure

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Immortals is so good that they can let turtle be an idiot and it doesn't even matter.

let me rephrase this. Immortals is so good that full on idiot mode flash forward turtle actually excels.

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
"gently caress it. Just pick the broken characters" - Immortals

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Wildturtle is the greatest player in the history of League of Legends.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Unscientific posted:

"gently caress it. Just pick the broken characters" - Immortals

The fact that Immortals got Lucian, Poppy, AND Graves is actually a fault of Renegades being Very Bad At PIck Slash Ban, so it's a valid tactic

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah I meant GBM obviously, which is the biggest issue here.
Jin Air trained in the hyperbolic time chamber after sucking butt at IEM and KeSpa Cup, nobody should have expected to be doing any better than Longzhu or SKT. I was always a CJ/Jin Air fan they just weren't worth talking about recently. When CJ's new players turn 17 I'll root for them again and Jin Air is doing well until they don't which is the Jin Air way

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

International tournament performance between seasons isn't a good indicator of team skill imo. Like Ever is not actually insanely good and if anyone says it's because Athena isn't on the team now lmao.

edit: Kuzan and Pilot looked good last year and Chaser looked terrible at the end of last split. That's not an indicator of anything without more information but it was certainly a signal about future performance for all of those dudes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I worked all evening so I didn't get to see any games but hey Immortals gave me lots of fantasy points to make up for having to field loving Steve.

rabidsquid posted:

International tournament performance between seasons isn't a good indicator of team skill imo. Like Ever is not actually insanely good and if anyone says it's because Athena isn't on the team now lmao.

edit: Kuzan and Pilot looked good last year and Chaser looked terrible at the end of last split. That's not an indicator of anything without more information but it was certainly a signal about future performance for all of those dudes
Yeah but TrAce got good. Like, really loving good, he's got nearly an 8.0 KDA which is higher than Smeb and Duke. But it's okay, Jin Air has plenty of time to get their fans hopes up and crash into a fireball at the end of the season and end fourth.

Jenny Angel posted:

Yo NRG fans, I'm sorry that your boys got wrecked by Liquid and that bowties are loving lame, but please stick to your guns and keep liking who you like as opposed to reverting to support for some shambling tire fire because you are afraid that extremely cool men will own you
no way I'm following GBM and Chaser anywhere (except I've only seen a single Lonzhu game this season)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

RealFoxy posted:

Yeah but TrAce got good. Like, really loving good, he's got nearly an 8.0 KDA which is higher than Smeb and Duke. But it's okay, Jin Air has plenty of time to get their fans hopes up and crash into a fireball at the end of the season and end fourth.

you shut up

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

you shut up
BUT WE BEAT SKT AND INNOVATED THE THREE ADC COMP

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

RealFoxy posted:

BUT WE BEAT SKT AND INNOVATED THE THREE ADC COMP

agreed

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ahem, Fireloli innovated the 3 ADC comp I will have you know: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/40x83p/spoiler_edward_gaming_vs_royal_never_give_up_lpl/

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Huh, is she just getting picked for her strength in soloqueue then? I figure if you want utility or burst on a champ there's better picks for that.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Flipped through the last couple NA LCS games after getting home from a night out. My opinion is that Graves should be #1 pick/ban. He should be banned if you aren't first pick and first picked if you have it. That champion is just loving ridiculous.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Graves and poppy are both insanely broken atm. Just my opinion .

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

There's a bunch of other fairly busted poo poo like corki and fiora and gang plank but graves and poppy are both so loving good at so many things and they're dead simple to play.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Champions with 55%+ win rate and 50%+ pick/ban in S6 competitive world-wide according to Games of Legends

Graves (63% win rate, 54% pick/ban)
Kalista (62% win rate, 63% pick/ban)
Poppy (60% win rate, 52% pick/ban)
Tahm Kench (56% win rate, 59% pick/ban)
Corki (56% win rate, 56% pick/ban)
Gangplank (55% win rate, 96% pick/ban)

Those would probably be my priorities in some order.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Graves is absolutely the #1 most important champ to me and I think it's crazy when he makes it all the way through p/b.

Corki/Graves/Tahm/Fiora/Poppy/Lissandra all should be p/b status in LCS imo. Especially against teams with a weak player to hide Poppy and Tahm should absolutely be banned out so they can't stick them on an easy to play power pick. The other stuff requires some semblance of skill to play and is more of a judgement call.

Graves should be top pick priority for everyone honestly.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Where does Alistar fall in that? He seems like a power pick as well, especially with Tahm being banned so much. Also Lucian?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bottom Liner posted:

Where does Alistar fall in that? He seems like a power pick as well, especially with Tahm being banned so much.

Alistar is literally 100% p/b in China, but I don't pay as close attention to the other regions to say where his general numbers would be and I don't have that website url handy

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Where does Alistar fall in that? He seems like a power pick as well, especially with Tahm being banned so much.

Alistar and Kalista is insane together; but I feel like when teams just first pick Alistar they concede a lot of power over to the second rotation of picks and that's when you see second pick side teams build the absurd multi-flex compositions with things like Poppy, Graves, Lulu, Lissandra, Corki, Trundle, etc.

rabidsquid posted:

Alistar is literally 100% p/b in China, but I don't pay as close attention to the other regions to say where his general numbers would be and I don't have that website url handy

It's in the OP now! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

And although you didn't specify but from the Tahm comparison I assume you're talking about support Tahm, which I don't think is being played at all in competitive anymore. If he gets through he is 100% a top laner.

Also sweet, good job maintaining the OP Libertine.

• Locked thread