Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's pretty pointless for something like NT

if we're not clear here my original post was about people who write paragraphs of text("hey guys this is my theory/headcanon") and basically write like a fanfic, and then put it on a subreddit where everyone else is posting gameplay videos, talking about bugs, etc. you know, the actual game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

GET SOME :getin:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Johnny Joestar posted:

fish used to be a cop

I want a buddy cop drama involving Fish, the older close to retirement loose cannon, and Rogue, the younger less experiences loose cannon.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Important nuclear throne backstory element: Melting is tired, everything hurts.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

CJacobs posted:

GET SOME :getin:

Plz get double double miniguns with recycle gland.

Eaten by Tigers posted:

Important nuclear throne backstory element: Melting is tired, everything hurts.

Im melting after martial arts classes

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Speaking of bullet weapons, here's a PSA: heavy bullet weapons are loving garbage.

Let's look at the bullet weapon hierarchy real quick:

Assault rifle, a good all-around earlygame bullet weapon(spawns starting at 1-1):
24.3 dps
Triple machinegun, slightly later(spawns starting at 1-3):
69.2 dps
Minigun, the first bullet weapon that does real damage(spawns starting at 3-1):
100 dps
Hyper rifle, a bit later(spawns starting at 3-3):
150 dps!! yowza!!!

Heavy Revolver/Machinegun, which are both exactly the same in rate of fire and spawn later than all of these: ...
41.1 dps.
That's just... that's just awful. That's 1.1 better than a loving bouncer SMG. And worse than the triple machinegun which spawns at 1-3. Heavy machinegun even spawns 4 whole levels later than heavy revolver(4-1 and 5-1, respectively) despite no increase in damage at all!
Heavy Assault Rifle is a bit better at 70 dps, but it shows up all the way at loving 6-1, while still being outpaced by the minigun and hyper rifle which the player will have much more chances to get due to their earlier spawns. Just terrible. I'm throwing them in the dumpster

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The heavy bullet weapons are okay if you have scarier face and only have to hit freaks once and yetis twice but they've been pointless after the introduction of the bounce guns, which have way better damage per bullet.

Personally, I think the heavy weapons need to show up way earlier. I'd say both should appear at 3-1. A heavy minigun would also be nice

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

omg

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think heavy machinegun should actually have a better rate of fire than heavy revolver, and they should at least let us play around with like... a heavy triple machinegun. It'd still probably be overshadowed by hyper rifle/double minigun as lategame bullet weapons go, but it could be more useful.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

The heavy bullet weapons are okay if you have scarier face and only have to hit freaks once and yetis twice but they've been pointless after the introduction of the bounce guns, which have way better damage per bullet.
It makes them better, but... they're still worse than the alternatives that show up a bit earlier? And honestly I don't think "damage per bullet" matters much at all, the utility of even the bouncer shotgun comes from the wide, persistent area it covers with bullets more than anything. Like the big benefit in the first place of bullet weapons compared to other types is that they spread out your ammo better amongst low HP enemies-eg, shooting a bandit with two bullets uses up 0.78% of your max ammo(6.25% of an ammo pack), while shooting a bandit with a crossbow uses up 1.81% of your max ammo(14.28% of an ammo pack). So shooting lower HP enemies with bullets is more ammo efficient, and the thing is, most enemies in NT have pretty low HP-and then on top of that, bullet weapons have recycle gland!
So for a bullet weapon to be good it doesn't really need ammo efficiency, it needs good persistent DPS, especially since no bullet weapons have good burst damage. All the slow high burst damage weapons that play nicely with trigger fingers and thus scale well into loop go to other weapon types, so constant damage is all bullet weapons get. That's why the bullet weapons that are good at that are invariably the best ones, regardless of whether they're inaccurate as hell (double minigun, which I hear was originally intended as a joke weapon but surprise it's good) or have some other drawback(ultra revolver eating rads).

megane
Jun 20, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

All the slow high burst damage weapons that play nicely with trigger fingers and thus scale well into loop go to other weapon types,
Vlambeer, please make a Super Bullet Cannon that shoots 100 bullets in one big lump. TIA

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
bouncing shotgun is the best brrap weapon in the game imo

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I want a minigun-gun which shoots out miniguns which fire as they're flying and spin in a spiral. That and turret weapons.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Improbable Lobster posted:

The devs claim that every character has a story

For exampe, Y.V. wants to get money money money

Y.V., being a god, does not need air to breathe.

He still generates a bubble for himself in the Oasis because otherwise his mony would get wet.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Also, he doesn't die. He just gets annoyed and leaves.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
He literally ragequits Nuclear Throne

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

quadrophrenic posted:

bouncing shotgun is the best brrap weapon in the game imo

The seeker shotgun and super plasma cannon (if you have enough ammo for it) will have a word with you.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

pussy riot police posted:

Also, he doesn't die. He just gets annoyed and leaves.

He has his posse fight him in his mansion when he shows up because otherwise it'd be boring.

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
So, today I was working on getting gold weapons for all the characters, to unlock Y.V.'s B-skin.

Just got a gold machinegun for Rogue, which I'm pretty sure is actually worse than her starting Rogue Rifle. Going to have to learn to Loop Good so I can start choosing whatever gold weapon I want instead of having to keep re-rolling the gold chest in Y.V.'s mansion.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Leylite posted:

So, today I was working on getting gold weapons for all the characters, to unlock Y.V.'s B-skin.

Just got a gold machinegun for Rogue, which I'm pretty sure is actually worse than her starting Rogue Rifle. Going to have to learn to Loop Good so I can start choosing whatever gold weapon I want instead of having to keep re-rolling the gold chest in Y.V.'s mansion.

I dunno, once you get to loop you probably have two weapons you don't really want to part with for a golden weapon. With Eyes it's easy to sort out, but everyone else not so much.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Eventually you just stop caring and never use golden weapons since you can't start with them on dailies anyways.

By the by, I finally finished getting all the crowns on all the characters. I never have to get crown of luck ever again!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

IronicDongz posted:

Eventually you just stop caring and never use golden weapons since you can't start with them on dailies anyways.

By the by, I finally finished getting all the crowns on all the characters. I never have to get crown of luck ever again!

the struggle continues

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I just managed to loop for the first time (with Crystal), then died. I started again, and looped again! Now to try it with some of the harder characters...

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGAW84aAKpM

I could have gone... so much farther...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like my unlocks are bugged because i should have unlocked rogue by now but for some reason she isn't available

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wait, apparently rogue is only unlocked when you sit on the throne. i'm so used to looping i never do that. IGNORE THIS.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

After months of running out of ammo and dying to Ballmum, I have finally looped for a second time! Hard mode here I come!ohgodpleaseno

(Turns out the secret was having super crossbow and bolt marrow)

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

I thought we were friends :smith:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for some reason my game is now thinking that i don't have fish unlocked. i'm not particularly sure how to go about fixing that because i feel like that's not supposed to happen at all.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

I thought we were friends :smith:

I can see you're really putting that 4K monitor to use.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Zero VGS posted:

I can see you're really putting that 4K monitor to use.

EYES SEES EVERYTHING

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Johnny Joestar posted:

for some reason my game is now thinking that i don't have fish unlocked. i'm not particularly sure how to go about fixing that because i feel like that's not supposed to happen at all.
save edit probably, there should be a guide to that on the steam community

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

IronicDongz posted:

save edit probably, there should be a guide to that on the steam community

yeah, i've been trying it, but now the game has decided to just start crashing whenever i pick fish. it's pretty great how adamant the game is about not letting me play a starting character for some reason.

e: it arbitrarily decided to let fish work again and on my first game as him after working that out i looped. i guess the game was apologizing???

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 3, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pop popping a super crossbow with bolt marrow into lil hunter.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
going thru L1 and some of L2 with crown of blood on using shovel+ultra shovel, YV ultra A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubjPlif5xlI

oddium posted:

pop popping a super crossbow with bolt marrow into lil hunter.
this except using throne butt to shoot 4 nukes into lil hunter at once

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

IronicDongz posted:

This screenshot should be in the op

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

going thru L1 and some of L2 with crown of blood on using shovel+ultra shovel, YV ultra A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubjPlif5xlI

no boiling veins, a true hero

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

All I see is a yetibot that's about to crush a gungodz' face in

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

All I see is an embarrassing lack of screen shake.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mr. Despair posted:

All I see is a yetibot that's about to crush a gungodz' face in
don't worry I got him

Digirat posted:

All I see is an embarrassing lack of screen shake.
there's a reason that when you watch replays of top scoring players, most of them have screen shake turned off. I have no shame about wanting to see my screen and not be annoyed all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pro strats: jack screen shake up to 1000% to see enemies who'd usually be offscreen

• Locked thread