Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
This stream is such a cluster gently caress. Pretty sure an orgy is about to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Aggh.

I'm trying to find that SQ42 (not-really-)gameplay video where they show off the “fidelity” and “next-gen graphics” of derpface and his poorly mocapped spasms, but I suck at youtube. Does anyone have the link handy?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I just tuned in to see some kind of abandon ship moment. What just happened?

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

TTerrible posted:

I just tuned in to see some kind of abandon ship moment. What just happened?

http://www.twitch.tv/admiral_nolan

They moved over to this stream now.

EDIT: Soon...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lando said he stayed up all night once and watched the walkthrough for all the squadron 42 missions.................................

I'm guessing he means he just read a poorly written script. Right?

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Anyone asking about star marine was having their questions deleted. :lol:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FrankieGoes posted:

If you didn't already have enough reasons to hate Disco, his favorite ST captain is Sisko.

thats the only reason to like him

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Jum-Jum posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/admiral_nolan

They moved over to this stream now.

EDIT: Soon...

Yeah I saw that get spammed in the chat. Jared looked really pissed. This sounds like it is going to be fun! :dance:

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

Lando said he stayed up all night once and watched the walkthrough for all the squadron 42 missions.................................

I'm guessing he means he just read a poorly written script. Right?

It was Chris doing a solo theathrical reenactment of the entire script.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Great. New channel. Fresh ban list. :)

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Tippis posted:

Aggh.

I'm trying to find that SQ42 (not-really-)gameplay video where they show off the “fidelity” and “next-gen graphics” of derpface and his poorly mocapped spasms, but I suck at youtube. Does anyone have the link handy?

this?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
I'm glad I'm not watching whatever y'all are. The soup was definitely a better use of my time, with or without burning the place down.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I cried while I made that video

That's how you know you truly made a work of art.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

fuzzknot posted:

I'm glad I'm not watching whatever y'all are. The soup was definitely a better use of my time, with or without burning the place down.

http://imgur.com/nY3Ys98

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Why the hell is Disco wearing old man VELCRO SHOES??

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I hope captain_richards_butt_lol is one of you or I just got dickwulfed.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

No, I was thinking about the part from 1h44m onwards. I seem to recall someone cutting it out as a standalone clip, but nvm. That will work with the timecode adjusted.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Still better.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

ilovecig: whos disco lando

Disco Lando: "Well played ilovecig"

ilovecig = me.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now I am pretty sure this thread accounts for over half the SC viewership.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What a way to spend a Saturday night!

fuzzknot posted:

BTW, as a dirty Mexican let me tell you that the recipe you posted looks yummy but, for the real Tortilla soup experience you have to get your hands on some pasilla (or dried poblano) chili, Mexican crema, and pork rinds. That alongside the cheese and avocados are the typical toppings for tortilla soup. The pasilla chili, in particular, gives the soup a great flavor that the chipotle is not really able to replicate.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 31, 2016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

You are permanently banned from talking in admiral_nolan.

They didn't like the picture :(

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

fuctifino posted:

They didn't like the picture :(

wtf did you do? I didn't even see much. Was it you outing yourself in this thread?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pgabz music on point as always

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

A Neurotic Jew posted:

did I hear this correctly?:

"what is your favorite star system?"

"I can't say because they're all just a text file at this point".

:downs:

checked back on this.

http://www.twitch.tv/supremetokyo/v/38887857

Go to 30:38

quote:

what is your favorite star system in SC?

I don't really have a favorite star system because they're all just text and a single piece of concept art really

A good quote for when anyone says that they are holding back alot of content.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

TTerrible posted:

wtf did you do? I didn't even see much. Was it you outing yourself in this thread?

I posted the imgur link in the twitch chat when I realised it was the same guy.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Who the gently caress are these other two dudes? I recognize Disco but I guess I haven't seen enough ATV and RTV and APS and A2M to know who the other guys are.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

I'm amused by the fact that Stardew Valley (A game made entirely by one man over the course of 4 years) had more viewers on twitch during the release announcement then SC has had on any of their recent streams by actual legit non SA viewers.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

DiscoTwatbird:

quote:

It's humorous when people criticize is for not making our deadlines [because we don't give a gently caress]

Then nonsensical babbling about only having 6 employees in 2011.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

trucutru posted:

What a way to spend a Saturday night!

BTW, as a dirty Mexican let me tell you that the recipe you posted looks yummy but, for the real Tortilla soup experience you have to get your hands on some pasilla (or poblano) chili, Mexican crema, and pork rinds. That alongside the cheese and avocados are the typical toppings for tortilla soup. The pasilla chili, in particular, gives the soup a great flavor.

I knocked off the Kerbey Lane recipe; I've tried a couple of other recipes before but favor the adobo and far too many tortilla strips. (That's why I said use ten tortillas; munching on the cooked strips as the chicken stews is not possible to resist. I had to shove them in the fridge and walk away.) But I will certainly branch out next time and try the poblano. I do use roasted poblano in turkey chili. I want to show Bootcha that recipe but am convinced it will set off the smoke detector again.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

Martian_bot: Thanks to gwahir for hosting this stream with 0 viewers!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

WTF; are those seriously Velcro? I do wear Velcro sneakers to drive in because I can't drive in heels, but gently caress letting anybody see them outside of that.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

fuzzknot posted:

Literally The Worst posted:

I just farted and it smells like literal poop

However that fart exists and I have tangible proof of it which is more than I can say about Parp Citizen

Shart, Citizen.

Just wanted to say I giggled like a child at this. excellent comedy fundamentals right there

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

It's really creepy that Lando never makes eye contact with anyone while they're talking to him. Am I the only one who finds this weird?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Lando didn't answer my question about playing Descent Underground :(

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Solarin posted:

Just wanted to say I giggled like a child at this. excellent comedy fundamentals right there

Shitposting indeed.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Amazingly enough that post has positive karma.

Lol I noticed that too. I actually signed up for reddit because of this thread just so I could upvote and download comments.

loving :laffo:

Scruffpuff posted:

A Brief History of Star Citizen

In 1990, Chris Roberts introduced the original Wing Commander, an homage to Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek, to critical acclaim. The game was a flight simulator that included several types of branching missions, diplomacy, treasure-hunting, an Infocom-style text parser, and was one of the first commercial games to simultaneously use all 16 colors on the Commodore 64.

Interestingly enough, Star Citizen also only uses 16 colors.

G0RF posted:

Reasons to listen:

Pathological Lies

Thanks for summarizing, now I have to listen.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
can't wait for this "dev vs dev" thing where they play their own game even more on stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fuzzknot posted:

I knocked off the Kerbey Lane recipe; I've tried a couple of other recipes before but favor the adobo and far too many tortilla strips. (That's why I said use ten tortillas; munching on the cooked strips as the chicken stews is not possible to resist. I had to shove them in the fridge and walk away.) But I will certainly branch out next time and try the poblano. I do use roasted poblano in turkey chili. I want to show Bootcha that recipe but am convinced it will set off the smoke detector again.

No problem, as with most Mexican recipes in the end every household pretty much does whatever they want with it. Enjoy your soup. (If you can get pasilla, although it's going to be hard to find it).

Anyways, what the gently caress is this stream about? these guys mumble more than Chris.

• Locked thread