Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Just did my taxes, and thankfully before I submitted them, I found a place I didn't fill out proper. So I fixed it and everything looks good. But now I'm paranoid I hosed up somewhere else and will get audited and please I make peanuts!

Finally finished MadMen. What a waste of an ending. Now I don't know what other series to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
I rarely ever drink, but I had a glass of wine tonight. I would've liked to have been carded. C'mon, isn't the rule that the customer has to look older than 40 for you to not be required to card? I'm not that old yet.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Here in Australia it's 25. :shrug: Not that that necessarily reflects on where you are, but it could be younger than you think.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
E: never mind, this isn't the place for E/N bullshit

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm scheduled to work six days this week because of the loving SuperBowl, and I have the worst head cold right now. And the state liquor licensing agency is out in force, trying to catch bars and restaurants that aren't carding properly and poo poo like that. They've already been to the restaurant I work at several times this weekend. For gently caress's sake, we're not even in the same city as this loving event, but the entire region is getting reamed by it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Albums I want that I would be perfectly willing to pay for don't exist on Australian iTunes. :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I just got the photos from a recent business trip I took. I'm in about a hundred pictures, and I look good in maybe five of them :smith:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Decrepus posted:

I just bought A New Leaf and a 2DS for my dad to play while he is in the hospital. He was still playing the old Wii one before he went in.

There's a lot of improvements, but there's also a lot of poo poo. Animal Tracks is still programmed in, so tell him not to run about everywhere unless he wants a grassless town. The final upgrade to the Nook store is locked behind a visitor who only shows up rarely and requires you to complete a clothing test four times where you have to dress up to fit a certain style. The first town I had had this character show up once in a year of play. Also, the new diving mechanic they included is loving bullshit.

These are my first world problems, because I'm super mad over a video game for children.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I just had a really delicious sandwich and now I'm not eating it any more because it's all gone and I'm not hungry but I still want to be eating that sandwich.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

A new update of an awesome VLP is out, and I've been wanting to watch it for hours and won't get a chance to for hours more.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Our rent is probably going up. :shepicide:

Chocolate Chips
Jan 27, 2007

Chocolatey goodness.
My DVR isn't picking up any of my reality shows on the first run. :argh:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I got rid of the scratch cover on my ipad because there was a ton of crap under it. I went to get one at the apple store but they didn't have any in stock because my model is like 4 versions behind the newest one.

Also I'm really not concerned about it getting scratched but a ipad without a scratch cover gathers fingerprints like crazy.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The three-months-old SD card in my phone is dying, I just lost two weeks of photos to it. I'll have to buy a new one because I didn't keep neither the packaging nor the receipt, so no exchanging it under warranty for me!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Goddamn it I thought of a program I was planning to download while I was out shopping and now that I'm back home I can't remember what it was.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Whyyyyy did I read the comments. You never read the comments! But I did, about how Amy Winehouse was a cultural icon and her death was tragic and then the storm went full force when someone posted that no, Winehouse was a druggie whose death brought her some degree of fame, and the Kardashians are icons.

Suck as that is, it's right.

My windshield crack is now getting larger.

I looked into getting a new used car because mine is almost 20 years old, and everything is pricy as gently caress. I actually found a Saturn with less than 50k miles on it....that is a 1994. I could pay cash for the entire thing and walk off. But it's ancient and I can't find a decent review.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The taco place keeps giving me an extra order of chips with the extra cup of queso. I don't want more chips, dammit, just more cheese! I'm staring at these two giant baskets of chips and wondering how I'm going to get them home because I abhor food waste.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

The browser-based Songza has now shut down, but the mobile app hasn't which is just confusing. I just want convenient streaming music!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The Internet is (kinda) down. I say kinda, because it'll be up for five minutes, down for two, up for 30, down for a minute, and up for 15.

Case in point, just thread three pages, stalled trying to make this post. It's more annoying than just not having the Internet.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Our rent is probably going up. :shepicide:

Me too, friend. That's 20$/mo less to spend on booze and house down payment savings.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Me too, friend. That's 20$/mo less to spend on booze and house down payment savings.

It's potentially going up by 100... :negative:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm going to Oslo in two days. I specifically waited until my cashback rewards credit card arrived in the mail to go shopping for travel supplies. Then when I got to Kmart, it turned out that I'd built up enough Shop Your Way points to buy everything I needed for free. :doh:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Spent too much time working out, hanging out with my wife, and walking my dog today that I have to spend most of tomorrow doing chores and my side job assignments, with no time for video games. I also have a Super Bowl party to go to so I have to get that all done on ~4 hours less than normal too.

Also a woman with whom I went to college got engaged a few months ago, and today revealed to the FB world that she's pregnant with a picture of her belly and the caption "someone came early to the party!", which to me is a hilarious way to phrase that but I have no one here with whom to share that :(

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Feb 7, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's potentially going up by 100... :negative:

Mine went up $275 not too long ago so everyone else can suck it!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My hero replied to somebody's comment on his new video and it wasn't mine. Notice me senpai :saddowns:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

One of the YouTube channels I watch for gameplay tips has run out of tips and the host fills the airtime with random neuron firings instead. If I wanted to listen to strangers attempt humor, I'd tune in to a podcast or something.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Red Dead Redemption is apparently going to be a backwards compatible Xbone game but not a ps4 one :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

My hero replied to somebody's comment on his new video and it wasn't mine. Notice me senpai :saddowns:

A D&D podcasts Twitter account replied to me and that's great but they reply to everyone.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I am in the final steps towards being hired in a job I didn't think I would ever get, and it's terrifying. If I get the job, I'm worried I'll gently caress it up. If I don't get the job, it'll be profoundly disappointing.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I am in the final steps towards being hired in a job I didn't think I would ever get, and it's terrifying. If I get the job, I'm worried I'll gently caress it up. If I don't get the job, it'll be profoundly disappointing.

If you get the job, you must realise that everyone, and I mean everyone, is bullshitting their way through the workday. Some more, some less, but this is a fact.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Died in a game that sends you to your last save on death when I hadn't saved for a while, and losing progress always makes me ragequit so now I'm bored. :saddowns:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I accidently forgot to hit 'ready' for a DotA match so now I can't play any games until tomorrow because I've missed readying up for too many games.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I may have said this before and if I have, then I would once again like to express my unwavering dissatisfaction with the fact that every time - Every Time - I go to plug in a usb device, I get the cable the wrong way round and have to do the awkward reach-around finger-shuffle to rotate it and re-locate the port.

Yes I used the phrase reach-around finger-shuffle when referring to PC hardware, go ahead point and have a laugh you look like you need it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
90% of the time on the USB ports, the open holes are the "top" when it plugs in.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
The cupcakes I made are fine, but since I had unsweetened chocolate instead of bittersweet for the frosting, I had to estimate the amount of sugar to add, and I guessed just a little badly.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

90% of the time on the USB ports, the open holes are the "top" when it plugs in.

About half the time, the USB ports are sideways.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well then, about 45% of the time, the open holes on the USB thingie go away from the white connector thingie in the USB port.

My current FWP is my friend is selling some of his stuff to help pay a vet bill for his cat, and I can't afford to buy anything to help him out :(

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I work 4 12hr shifts instead of 3 this week.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My neighbours don't seem to understand the "No loud noises between 10 PM and 8 AM" part of the building's rules, so I'll probably have to get the super involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I ate some bananas this morning and got a mild allergic reaction so now my throat is slightly swollen and it's not life threatening or anything, but it is uncomfortable.

Before anyone asks I'm allergic to the pesticides and they apparently seeped into the banana. This doesn't always happen, in fact is pretty rare with bananas so I'm also slightly irritated that it happened this time.