Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Champs retain

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par League VI, Week 13: Reversal of Fortune

Games of the Weak

Frank Gaiman posted:

GOOG DAY STUN MIKES WITH FOUR GAME SWEEP

Where legends are born - Who could have seen this coming?

The Akabira Killer Mikes are an incredibly talented veteran team that really should've won it all the last time they had the chance. Somehow they bungled the job, losing to an exciting young newcomer--a newcomer who really hasn't done much in the Senor Goodtimes to date. There was a lot of hope associated with the Houston Hol Horses, but they've been held down by vile teams like the Bombers and Panderers. But hey, the Killer Mikes didn't get relegated or anything. They've just been biding their time.

So it made all the sense in the world that they'd go out this season and crush the opposition, having learned from their mistakes during their previous campaign. And early on, it's seemed like that's precisely what they'd do, racing out to a 53-23 record and leaving any potential challengers in the dust.

Yet one challenger--an unorthodox challenger that nobody thought had any shot at all--stepped up. A challenger with an odd belief system and a funny way of speaking due to being from the Northeast.

Early on, it didn't go well for The Goog. The Goog Day was beaten horribly, rooted for only by token Redditors and people who wanted to see a new brand of baseball take over the Super League. Yet slowly but surely, The Goog Day has won the hearts and minds of the Subpar League and began to resemble a threat. A minor threat, to be sure, but a threat all the same.

When the Goog Day traded one of their Babes Ruth, people said The Goog was a madman. A man so concerned with redistribution of homers that he'd fail immediately. Yet he used the revenue from getting rid of Ruth to patch critical holes in his infrastructure. Pete Alexander plugged into the rotation and was superb. Harry Heilmann added a solid, if unexciting, bat to the lineup. And Edgar Martinez...well...maybe he'll do something neat eventually.

But The Goog wasn't done with his radical redistribution. He turned around and acquired Rogers Hornsby. And Hornsby, instead of getting hurt and collecting salary while on the disabled list, inexplicably was inspired by The Goog's movement.

And so it was that the Goog Day, entering the series against the mighty Killer Mikes 37-38, took the first three games of the series. They'd have Pete Alexander on the mound to attempt perhaps the unlikeliest four game sweep in Subpar League history.

It didn't start out well, as Mikes catcher Bill Dickey doubled home two runs in the first. Yet The Goog Day rallied. Their own catcher, Wally schang, hit a 2-rbi double of his own to tie it at 2-2, and Earle Combs and Lou Gehrig followed with hits of their own to spark a 4-run rally that ended the inning at 4-2. Energized, Alexander found new life, mowing down the Mikes. Hornsby, still inspired not only by The Goog Day's approach, but also by Alexander's not being drunk for once, cracked a solo homer to stretch it to 5-2.

Still, the Mikes had some serious institutional advantages. They'd been endorsed in the preseason pick 'em by virtually every owner, after all. But they just couldn't get anything going. Rally after rally sputtered, and The Goog Day went on to win the game and complete the sweep by the score of 5-2.

To make matters worse, Quaker announced after the game that his mascot, rapper Killer Mike, had endorsed The Goog Day and that he was rooting for them to win not only their own division, but the Subpar Series as well. Yet Quaker tried to downplay this. "Look, we lost the games, and my mascot is rooting for the other team. But it's over. I can't go back and change it. I've replayed my managerial decisions time and time again, but asking me questions about it can't change what happened. At this point, what difference does it make?"

"WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?" The Goog burst onto the scene, his wild hair splayed out in all directions. "THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT WITH ME IN CHARGE THE LEAGUE HAS SOMEONE THEY CAN HOPE FOR. SOMEONE WHO WILL BRING A POLITICAL REVOLUTION TO THE SUPER LEAGUE. DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME THAT THE WEALTHY AND ESTABLISHED TEAMS LIKE THE DOOM AND THE Ws FINALLY PAID THEIR FAIR SHARE? WHEN I GET TO THE SUPER LEAGUE THERE WILL BE AN EXPANSION DRAFT THAT'LL STRIP THEM OF THEIR DEPTH AND THEIR WEALTH. IT'LL ALLOW MORE EGALITARIAN WIN PERCENTAGES?"

"Why would anyone want that?" asked Quaker.

"BECAUSE WHEN ANY TEAM CAN PLAUSIBLY WIN, IT DRAWS INTEREST. A RISING TIDE LIFTS ALL BOATS, BELEEEEEE DAT!* JUST LOOK AT THE KENNEL FROM HELL STANDINGS! ISN'T THIS EXCITING?" The Goog produced a screenshot of the standings, showing that all 5 teams were, somehow, above .500. "NOW IMAGINE THAT KIND OF PARITY IN THE SUPER LEAGUE, WHERE AN ACTUAL TALENTED WRITER COULD GET NEWCOMERS TO JOIN THE LEAGUE AND THE BASEBALL PROCESS. WE'RE GONNA TAKE THIS FROM THE SUBPAR STRAIGHT TO THE SUPER!"

"Nobody wants that. People want to root for established names, established teams. Even if they're not necessarily that exciting. Why do you think there are so many Harry Heilmanns in the Super-League? People are comfortable with the status quo. It's what they want. And what Subpar owner is more equipped than I to help maintain the status quo?"

"OLDSKOOL!"

"OK yes," admitted Quaker. "But besides him, I mean."

The argument between The Goog and Quaker might've been more compelling had anyone actually been watching, but for some reason the game was scheduled at 10pm on a Saturday night opposite something far more interesting. Further, despite the inspiring talk by The Goog, the Mikes still have a stranglehold on first place while the Goog Day remains only a game out of last place. A last place with a good record, certainly, but last place nonetheless.

GAME NOTES

- Also, people are saying The Goog Day is racist because Barry Bonds is like their only black player whereas the Mikes employ Jackie Robinson, Joe Williams, and Gary Sheffield.

- Sam Jones pitched a 1-2-3 inning in relief, with only 3 pitches thrown.

- *I don't watch enough wrestling to know if "BELEEE DAT" is used appropriately in this context. I tried watching the other night but the storyline was just 4 hillbilly rear end looking motherfuckers beating up Roman Reigns before he got rescued by The Big Show, who at least was a name I recognized.

Box Score

Keith Wuncler CXXXIV posted:

Transcript from Senate hearings on the select committee for Un-American Activities.

State your name and occupation for the record, please.

Uh, I'm Mooseontheloose and I am...I was the campaign manager for Dukakis 2016.

And what were you doing on the day of June 17, Sub-Par League season VI?

I was overseeing our campaign workers as we hosted the CSKA, popularly known also as the "Commie Llamas."

Your performance has been ascribed as "godawful" and "atrocious" and even "an affront to the common humanity of all." We at this committee would like to ask you up front about the events of that day.

[Whispering heard]. I have immunity from prosecution, right?

You are under subpoena, but this investigation is not directed at you personally.

I'll go over as best as I can recall. Where do you want me to start?

Let's start at the beginning. You chose to put Jim Palmer on the mound. Why?

Let's get this straight. It wasn't my choice. We had certain limitations with regards to campaign finances and this was imposed on us as the least worst option of many poor options.

We will return to him in a moment, but we want to establish that he was your starting pitcher. You had the lead early?

Yeah, Ted Williams hit a homer in the 1st.

His stats up till that time were unimpressive, is that right?

I don't know why, but he was terrible. One of the best hitters of all time, and that was only his like eighth home run that season, at nearly the half-way point.

Have you suspected him of Communist leanings?

Oh, no, and I hope that him dingering should have put to rest the rumors dogging him. He smashed that ball like he would have smashed the head of Lenin himself!

We'll move on. In the 4th, you'll need to explain how you let two of the slowest runners on God's green Earth tag up and score.

I...I...don't know. The Llama's Rod Carew, he smacked it deep to right field and [Frank] Robinson, his arm is good, but it's not like he can throw 400 feet that quickly.

But he let Babe Ruth tag up twice in that inning. Doesn't that seem suspicious? At the least, that would be highly implausible, letting a man in such shape as Ruth beat out a throw twice! Yet that's precisely what happened.

I don't know! You'll need to ask Robinson, all I remember was putting my face in my hands and screaming until I nearly passed out.

We can't do that, and you know why that is so, that's the reason for this hearing. But we'll take you at your word for now. [brief pause] Please tell us about the 6th.

Oh God. Look, the Llama's Williams was just better than ours, okay?

He hit that double, which scored Bonds from first base. Bonds isn't exactly a sprinter.

Now this is unfair. That Bonds was young and still had legs. And what are you trying to get at, Senator? Ted [Williams] ripped a double, we're just happy it wasn't a dinger as this version of him still knew how to hit one, unlike ours? Okay? What do you want, an admission we suck? There, I admit it, this wasn't a good team.

No need to shout. We will note that for the record, you did end up going 6-3 in the bottom of the 8th. So you had a chance to win it outright. But what happened in the 9th? Is there any explanation for what happened there?

I don't know what you're trying to get me to say. Don Aase was fantastic that season, he had a sub-2 ERA going into this game. Why wouldn't I trust my closer to finish this?

We can appreciate that he was your best reliever at the time you put him in the game, don't you think you should have yanked him when he was losing control? After letting two runners on base, [Wally] Schang hit a single and scored, cutting the lead to 6-4 with one out. How do you justify keeping him in the game?

We were under a lot of pressure! Look, you have our roster from the time of the game, right? Who would you have put in to the lineup.

We are the ones who --

LOOK. LOOK AT THE ROSTER. NENN, WHO'S LOST SIX GAMES?! AL loving HRBOSKY, WHO HAS A 6.55 ERA?! WHAT IS THE POINT OF ASKING ME THIS?!

Sir, if you will not calm --

GOOD LORD. THIS ENTIRE HEARING IS A FARCE. WE WERE A TERRIBLE TEAM. THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN WAS AN UNMITIGATED DISASTER START TO FINISH. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO KNOW?

We are trying to get to the bottom of certain allegations that this team had possibly collaborated with the Communists to make this country look bad and --

poo poo guys, there's no goddamn conspiracy. None of us are sympathizers, none of us have known Communist leanings, despite being Democrats, Senator. The fact is we were bad. We blew the game. It's that simple. Our best reliever poo poo the loving goddamn bed and we lost. You can go over the play-by-play all you like, but you won't find anyone not playing at their best, which is apparently at such a low level it beggars disbelief..

So the reports that lefties were purged in the 10th were false?

Senator Cruz, you leave me flabbergasted. First, they were defensive substitutions. Second, they happened on the Llama's team. Thirdly, the "purged" were left handed players. THEY WERE LITERAL LEFTIES FROM HOW THEY BAT. After all this time, sir, have you no shame? Yes, we lost, but at least we can read the play-by-play. In the end, it didn't matter, we can't hit for poo poo, so we lost the game. The end. We embarrassed ourselves, like on so many other occasions, and I didn't need to be here on C-SPAN to re-live my failures on television and enshrined in the Congressional Record.

Are we done? Are you finished kicking me around?

One last thing. You pulled Davey Johnson to have Lou Brock pinch run in the 10th. A bold move, but he's the only person who could have played second base on your team, how would you have fielded his position?

[whispers]Uh, well, you see...hmm, that's a good question. I'm going to have to invoke my Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination.

[uproar from all parts of the hearing chamber]

CORRECTIONS TO THE CONGRESSIONAL RECORD

- Don Aase doubled his ERA! Uh, wow.

- Rick Reuschel is proving to be rather good! You rat bastard, stop taking my draft picks :argh:

- He also beaned Davey Johnson because the revolution cannot be won with mere slogans.

- Ted Williams good!

- Ted Williams bad. Better red than dead, apparently.

- It's so confusing trying to keep up with which players are what on which team since they're shared across both. This just raises further questions as to why the Dukaki are so bad.

Box Score

The Anime Quarantine posted:

NAT 20s ACHIEVE STATISTICAL AVERAGENESS WITH WIN OVER YANKEESFANS

Somewhere, Out There - This was a game, alright.

Let's be honest here - neither the Nat 20s or Yankeesfans are good teams, even for a sub-par team. The Natural 20s are attempting to keep their head above .500 Win-Loss percentage, whereas Yankeesfans are quite possibly one of the worst teams in the Sub-Par League. Both of these teams already look like they're going to the Gauntlet, to fight for their right to survive. It just seems like the Nat 20s are doing just enough to keep themselves out of hot water. Off of... Bob Feller? Listen, I like Bob Feller, I'm an Ohio native, The Heater from Van Meter is a Cleveland Legend. But it's been consistently proven he just can't hack it in the Super-League, and-

Oh, gods, okay, why did I agree to this? I haven't been paying attention to the Sub-Par League all year. I need some help.

gently caress THIS UPDATE, I QUIT. HULKAMON, YOU WRITE THE drat THING.

IRC - . . . . . . .

Oh god. Why me? I'm not prepared. I mean, I'm a GOOG DAY guy and all - but that doesn't mean I'm ready to do this! I'm counting votes for the PSP MMA Awards and watching Elliot Stabler go after a pedophile on the TV! In fact, Mon hasn't even sent me the game to recap yet.

Let's check the IRC

<@SmasherDynamo> I would rather watch MMA than finish this update.

Oh.

Oh wait, here it is. Here's the game I'm here to recap!

Heyyy it's the Natural 20's and yankeesfans.gif!

TEAM WHO HATES EVERY PLAYER HULKAMATT TRADED HIM WINS!

Columbus - The MVP of Sub Par League IV World Series, "Error" showed that he's still got it tonight!

The .gif's, pissed about being last place were sending out the best pitcher they've had all season tonight - Tim Hudson - in hopes of keeping the 20's off the scoreboard.

Unfortunately, the gloves in the infield had other plans.

The first error came in the bottom of the 2nd inning, when leadoff hitter Ken Williams reached first on a badly fielded play by Craig Counsell. While it seemed pretty harmless, what with the .gifs leading 2-0 - they proceeded to immediately give up an unearned run when Elmer Flick drove a single to right, and Votto brought him home by grounding into a double play. Despite the run scored, Hudson acted maturely like a true team player should.

Later on in the game, in the Bottom of the 6th inning, Tim was still rolling. Sure, he had given up another run - but the .gifs had a 3-2 lead! George McQuinn leadoff the inning to pinch hit, and proceeded to immediately lineout to centerfield. Things were looking good. Then suddenly, a disaster happened. Brandon Phillips on a 1-1 count hit a ground ball to Jason Giambi, who proceeded to bobble with the ball not once, not twice, not thrice, but quice! Brandon Phillips made it to first. The mature team leader Tim Hudson remained calm.

But despite his calm demeanor, DOOP made the call to switch pitchers and threw in ever so reliable Jason Isringhausen! Isringhausen, so full of emotion after the show of professionalism by Tim, proceeded to immediately throw a wild pitch in the direction of the opposing teams dugout. Phillips advanced. Things were looking a bit scary!

But this is Jason loving Isringhausen! He was going to get this done! After a few more pitches, Rick Ferrell proceeded to hit a grounder to Eric Chavez! Who misfielded the ball! Another error!

Jimmy Sheckard drove in the tying run, and Ken Williams gave the 20's the lead with a double in the gap. The .gif's never tied or took the lead. ERROR was just too much, and led the 20's to victory!

After the game, DOOP was too overcome with grief to address the media, but EclecticTastes had some interesting things to say about me.

"gently caress you HulkaMatt. You know who didn't contribute at all in our victory today? The players you traded me! Nap is a bust! Ichiro is a bust! Marichal is a bust! Cooper is ok, but WHAT THE HELL? HOW COULD YOU TRICK ME LIKE THIS!!!"

Look ET - I swear man all those players are good you're just really unlucky. I'll take Ichiro back when the season ends though! Come on man! Keep #OddYearIchiro a thing for the Crows!

GAME NOTES

- The 20s used their entire bullpen! And Aroldis Chapman nearly blew the game. But he did not!

- Barry Bonds was the final batter of the game for the .gifs. He popped out with a runner on 1st and 3rd.

- The Natural 20s also had 2 errors in this game! Holy Toledo!

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

How could this happen to me? I made my mistakes. Got nowhere to run. Etc.

Analysis

Will the inevitable five-Babe Adams rotation be as successful as its predecessors? Our sources say "meh."

Analysis

Rube is good again now.

Analysis

Okay, that month is over, so I think it's time to burn all footage of it and start over in the second half.

Analysis

If Greg Maddux becomes Greg Maddux, you've got a chance at a really good Gauntlet seed at season's end.

Analysis

This division is stupid.

Analysis

Penghazi, after two weeks: A total ERA of 2.12 and a WHIP of 1.000. That's better than Mariano Rivera!

Analysis

I don't know if any other team has so many decisions for their bullpen. It's like every game goes down to the last few innings.

Analysis

It's time for the return of the Nation... of deGromination!

Analysis

Old Pete remains Old Pete, I suppose.

Analysis

I can't think of a single reason why CFBalla hasn't been fired yet.

Analysis

GOOG!
DAY!
RRRRRROCKS!

Analysis

I don't want to alarm you, but Babe Ruth may be starting to become old.

Analysis

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

Analysis

Pedro's getting back on track, and Chris Davis is batting over .300. One of those things, I thought we had more than a 0.1% chance of seeing this season.

Analysis

Still in the lead? That always signifies a good week in my book.

Analysis

The all-star break is in one week, so you don't really need to worry about resting players.

Analysis

This division is stupid.

Analysis

Nice to see that home-field advantage can still work for this team. Because look at that schedule for July.

Analysis

Yankeesfans win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankeesfans win!

Standings

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That was an awful month and I am glad it's over.

Lineup vs RHP - DH

#1 Charlie Gehringer - DH
#2 Ted Williams - LF
#3 Miguel Cabrera - 1B
#4 Larry Walker - RF
#5 Alex Rodriguez - SS
#6 Ron Santo - 3B
#7 Lou Whitaker - 2B
#8 Rudy York - C
#9 Reggie Smith - CF

Lineup vs LHP - DH

#1 Reggie Smith - CF
#2 Ted Williams - LF
#3 Miguel Cabrera - 1B
#4 Larry Walker - RF
#5 Hank Greenberg - DH
#6 Alex Rodriguez - SS
#7 Ron Santo - 3B
#8 Rudy York - C
#9 Lou Whitaker - 2B

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

time to deal with soreness I guess

1B Barry Bonds
LF Babe Ruth
CF Mickey Mantle
RF Frank Robinson
C Mike Piazza
SS Luke Appling
3B David Wright
2B Lou Boudreau
P

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

First, Centralia management would like to note that GOOG! DAY ROCKS!

Not enough to keep me from being 10 games back, sadly; it turns out we had almost as bad a week as the Killer Mikes did. But we appreciate the thought, guys.

Let's have Hal Brown and Jeff Reardon swap places in the Bullpen. Then let's put John McGraw back in at 3B; Darrell Evans to the bench. Also let's get my boy Fred Lynn to CF; Robin Yount to the bench; Dwight Evans to the minors.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Let's get Tulo some rest, start Trammell this week please.

Nevermind!

kensei fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 31, 2016

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

kensei posted:

Let's get Tulo some rest, start Trammell this week please.

With the ASB in a week you really dont need to rest anyone :ssh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Monicro posted:

With the ASB in a week you really dont need to rest anyone :ssh:

That's true!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Not to mention, the Bourgeois have a rest day to start the week, meaning all tired players will get rested back to normal!

However, the Commie Llamas don't have that luxury. Seven games straight next week, and three starters sore. You'd be running a real risk of injury there.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

TheMcD posted:

However, the Commie Llamas don't have that luxury. Seven games straight next week, and three starters sore. You'd be running a real risk of injury there.

I did this for like 3-4 weeks leading up to the break and everyone is fine :c00lbutt:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Everyone retains.

Start Ott full time in both line ups, though I suspect given the paucity of LHP in the coming week it probably won't matter.

Might as well also fix DH before I forget: Snider in RF, Ott to LF, Ken Williams is the DH, Babe Herman to the bench. This applies to both RHP/LHP.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Welcome to the provisional lineup for your TradGames Failed Saving Throws!

(provisional because EclecticTastes has to give the okay to the roster and also the name)

POSITION PLAYERS (all from the Centralia Mines)
1B Jimmie Foxx 1941
2B Rod Carew 1975
SS Luke Appling 1941
3B John McGraw 1906
LF Shoeless Joe Jackson 1910
CF Fred Lynn 1977
RF Jim Rice 1977
C Bill Dickey 1938
DH Ted Williams 1955

BENCH (all from the Centralia Mines)
IF Carl Yazstremski 1977
IF Darrell Evans 1980
C Carlton Fisk 1977
OF Jack Clark 1980
OF Robin Yount 1990

PITCHING (all from the Columbus Natural 20s)
SP1 Mordecai Brown 1906
SP2 Bob Feller 1945
SP3 Wilbur Cooper 1919
SP4 Orval Overall 1906
SP5 Juan Marichal 1961
LR Tom Glavine 1995
MR Red Ruffing 1929
SR Sam leCure 2013
SR Dutch Leonard 1946
SU Trevor Hoffman 1996
CL Aroldis Chapman 2013

BATTING ORDER
#1 Lynn
#2 Jackson
#3 Foxx
#4 Williams
#5 McGraw
#6 Dickey
#7 Rice
#8 Appling
#9 Carew

CSV
code:
foxxji01,1941,,,,Jimmie,Foxx
carewro01,1975,,,,Rod,Carew
applilu01,1941,,,,Luke,Appling
mcgrajo01,1906,,,,John,McGraw
jacksjo01,1910,,,,Joe,Jackson
lynnfr01,1977,,,,Fred,Lynn
riceji01,1977,,,,Jim,Rice
dickebi01,1938,,,,Bill,Dickey
willite01,1955,,,,Ted,Williams
yastrca01,1977,,,,Carl,Yastrzemski
evansda01,1980,,,,Darrell,Evans
fiskca01,1977,,,,Carlton,Fisk
clarkja01,1980,,,,Jack,Clark
yountro01,1990,,,,Robin,Yount
brownmo01,1906,,,,Mordecai,Brown
fellebo01,1945,,,,Bob,Feller
coopewi01,1919,,,,Wilbur,Cooper
overaor01,1906,,,,Orval,Overall
maricju01,1961,,,,Juan,Marichal
glavito02,1995,,,,Tom,Glavine
ruffire01,1929,,,,Red,Ruffing
lecursa01,2013,,,,Sam,LeCure
leonadu02,1946,,,,Dutch,Leonard
hoffmtr01,1996,,,,Trevor,Hoffman
chapmar01,2013,,,,Aroldis,Chapman
I'm not sure if this team is any good but it's bound to be better than my last tag team, on account of how I skipped the tournament in a fit of ennui last time.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I'm not sure I'm super confident about Feller being up at SP2 but the order doesn't really matter for SP1-4, and Marichal's the worst of the lot, so the specific order doesn't matter as long as he's SP5. The Tag Team isn't as long as a normal season, so I might advise dropping at least Dutch Leonard to the bench during the tournament itself, but as far as the "five relievers" list goes, yeah, he's the fifth-best I got. All in all, the team looks good to me.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

I'm not sure I'm super confident about Feller being up at SP2 but the order doesn't really matter for SP1-4, and Marichal's the worst of the lot, so the specific order doesn't matter as long as he's SP5. The Tag Team isn't as long as a normal season, so I might advise dropping at least Dutch Leonard to the bench during the tournament itself, but as far as the "five relievers" list goes, yeah, he's the fifth-best I got. All in all, the team looks good to me.

For the starters I just looked at your current lineup and slapped it in, to be honest. :)

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
scientists

See Post Below

CraigK fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 31, 2016

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

CraigK posted:

scientists

give gibson the first game of the vault boys series off, replacing him with Craig Biggio, and then put Gibson back in until the all star break

Dangit craig you should know not to try this!!!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
mentholmoose here is my portion of the tag team: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&userid=40111&perpage=40&pagenumber=31#post454580006

if you can't make a full roster post for us, just put up your portion and i'll try and put one together late tomorrow night after a day of consuming mountains of codeine and gallons of any and all warm fluids i can get my mouth on (or as mcfreeze calls it: thursday night!!!)

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Monicro posted:

Dangit craig you should know not to try this!!!

gibson is sore! and i do NOT want him to die! that would guarantee my already guaranteed team death! he needs two days off to be healthy again!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Except that's not how you can make roster moves when you play full weeks at a time. So you might want to instead specify that you make the next pitcher in the rotation have Biggio as his personal catcher.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

CraigK posted:

gibson is sore! and i do NOT want him to die! that would guarantee my already guaranteed team death! he needs two days off to be healthy again!

Ya but

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I know that Arizona is a garbage state full of garbage ideas, but you should know that I don't allow roster moves to be made in the middle of the week. And it'll be a cold day in hell before I change that rule, because, my god, if I started letting people make changes on a day-to-day basis, I would quit the league within a week.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

kw0134 posted:

Except that's not how you can make roster moves when you play full weeks at a time. So you might want to instead specify that you make the next pitcher in the rotation have Biggio as his personal catcher.

oh yeah, duh

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

CraigK posted:

I'll freely admit that it's a quality of life rule, because allowing roster moves in the middle of weeks would turn simming weeks into half-hour long misery sessions where I'd need to have a pad of paper with the right sequence of roster moves, and have to adjust the rosters a couple dozen times as well.

Remember, most roster moves during the week would effectively be two moves ,because first I'd have to make the move, then I'd have to switch it back.

Frankly, it make me irritated just thinking about it.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Whenever this comes up i just think about what mornacale would do without that rule and laugh

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I'll freely admit that it's a quality of life rule, because allowing roster moves in the middle of weeks would turn simming weeks into half-hour long misery sessions where I'd need to have a pad of paper with the right sequence of roster moves, and have to adjust the rosters a couple dozen times as well.

Remember, most roster moves during the week would effectively be two moves ,because first I'd have to make the move, then I'd have to switch it back.

Frankly, it make me irritated just thinking about it.

yeah my bad i thought biggio was on my active roster, i'm thinking about it right now. foxx "can catch" but he isn't technically listed as a catcher so i can't make him a personal catcher of anybody

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He would have a stadium rotation which he would also platoon

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i hate you guys

CraigK fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 31, 2016

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
THIS THING AGAIN

CraigK posted:

oh right i can do this now

Jimmie Foxx in at catcher, Lou Gehrig in at 1b, Josh Gibson to DH

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Oh yeah, speaking of personal catcher shenanigans, clear Hippo Vaughn's personal catcher so that I run Berra into the ground.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

MONATEAM IV: THE MORN AWAKENS

code:
Outfield/C (Slaughterhouse Nine):

C	1929 Mickey Cochrane
C	1944 Walker Cooper
LF	1947 Ted Williams
CF	1965 Willie Mays
RF	1944 Stan Musial
OF	1995 Ken Griffey Jr
OF	2007 Albert Pujols
code:
Pitching Rotation (Slaughterhouse Nine):

SP1	1902 Rube Waddell
SP2	1965 Juan Marichal
SP3	1902 Eddie Plank
SP4	1979 Rick Reuschel
SP5	1906 Frank Smith
code:
Infield/DH (Genoa Janus):

1B	1B 1992 Frank Thomas
2B	2B 1913 Eddie Collins
3B	3B 1902 John McGraw
SS	SS 1955 Ernie Banks
DH	1919 Ty Cobb
IF	1965 Ron Santo
IF	1928 Babe Herman
code:
Bullpen (Genoa Janus):

CL	2002 Mariano Rivera
SU	1992 Lee Smith
SR	2012 Sergio Romo
SR	1977 Wilbur Wood
MR	1913 Eddie Plank
LR	2003 Roy Halladay
code:
cochrmi01,1929,,,,Mickey,Cochrane
coopewa01,1944,,,,Walker,Cooper
willite01,1947,,,,Ted,Williams
mayswi01,1965,,,,Willie,Mays
musiast01,1944,,,,Stan,Musial
griffke02,1995,,,Ken,Griffey
pujolal01,2007,,,,Albert,Pujols
wadderu01,1902,,,,Rube,Waddell
maricju01,1965,,,,Juan,Marichal
planked01,1902,,,,Eddie,Plank
reuscri01,1979,,,,Rick,Reuschel
smithfr03,1906,,,,Frank,Smith
thomafr04,1992,,,,Frank,Thomas
collied01,1913,,,,Eddie,Collins
bankser01,1955,,,,Ernie,Banks
cobbty01,1919,,,,Ty,Cobb
santoro01,1965,,,,Ron,Santo
hermaba01,1928,,,,Babe,Herman
riverma01,2002,,,,Mariano,Rivera
smithle02,1992,,,,Lee,Smith
romose01,2012,,,,Sergio,Romo
woodwi01,1977,,,,Wilbur,Wood
planked01,1913,,,,Eddie,Plank
hallaro01,2003,,,,Roy,Halladay
Lineup:

1. Eddie Collins 2B
2. Stan Musial RF
3. Ty Cobb CF
4. Ted Williams LF
5. Albert Pujols 1B
6. John McGraw 3B
7. Frank Thomas DH
8. Mickey Cochrane C
9. Ernie Banks SS

Monicro fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 31, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Wouldn't Monateam IV be A Mon Hope? You need like three more Monateams to get to The Morn Awakens. :colbert:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Wouldn't Monateam IV be A Mon Hope? You need like three more Monateams to get to The Morn Awakens. :colbert:

theyre literally the same movie so who cares

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

* Send 1987 Mike Schmidt to Minors
* Activate 1995 Alex Rodriguez from Disabled List

New Lineups

vs RHP

1. CF Earle Combs
2. 1B Lou Gehrig
3. DH Harry Heilmann
4. RF Babe Ruth
5. LF Barry Bonds
6. 2B Rogers Hornsby
7. 3B Edgar Martinez
8. C 1918 Wally Schang
9. SS Buddy Myer

vs LHP

1. CF Rickey Henderson
2. 1B Lou Gehrig
3. RF Harry Heilmann
4. DH Babe Ruth
5. LF Bob Meusel
6. 2B Rogers Hornsby
7. 3B Edgar Martinez
8. C 1918 Wally Schang
9. SS Alex Rodriguez

Please use 1925 Wally Schang as the personal catcher for Carl Mays.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

You know, there comes a time in everyone's life when only a futile and stupid gesture is appropriate. I believe now is that time.

Laabs, get hosed, go join Ichiro in the Losers' Box. Ferrell! You're the new full-time Catcher. Chance! Your profile says you've played Right Field, so guess what! Now you're playing it for real! Here's my new batting order:

Ferrell
Chance
Votto
Williams
Flick
Lajoie
Wright
Stephens
Pitcher

Set Short Rests to +2, drop it to 0 and leave it there if any of my SPs get tired or sore.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

GOOG DAY!!! SWEEP THE STORM NEXT WEEK!!! AND WIN THE SERIES VS. THE MIKES AGAIN!!!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

DannoMack posted:

mentholmoose here is my portion of the tag team: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&userid=40111&perpage=40&pagenumber=31#post454580006

if you can't make a full roster post for us, just put up your portion and i'll try and put one together late tomorrow night after a day of consuming mountains of codeine and gallons of any and all warm fluids i can get my mouth on (or as mcfreeze calls it: thursday night!!!)

Lucky for us, I posted a full roster a few days ago: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&pagenumber=1023#post455470327

LegendInTheMakin
Oct 4, 2015

HulkaMatt posted:

GOOG DAY!!! SWEEP THE STORM NEXT WEEK!!! AND WIN THE SERIES VS. THE MIKES AGAIN!!!

This is about as likely as Meek Mill overtaking Drake.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

faaaaaaaaaaaart

Pick 'em: Who will be the new Pick 'emeister?

champs retain

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Champs Retain

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

LegendInTheMakin posted:

This is about as likely as Meek Mill overtaking Drake.

😱

Well, I'm tired of being complained at by the other people in the draft, Joe Nathan and Neftali Feliz are undesirable for obvious reasons, and I'll probably never have another chance to pick someone as good as Mantle again. I don't like having copies of players, but I'm sure I can find someone to trade with eventually.

Plus, Giambi continues to suck, so I could use someone to hit more dingers than him. Maybe he'll do really well and Ruth will be forced to pitch to keep his job when he comes back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Ice To Meet You posted:

😱

Well, I'm tired of being complained at by the other people in the draft, Joe Nathan and Neftali Feliz are undesirable for obvious reasons, and I'll probably never have another chance to pick someone as good as Mantle again. I don't like having copies of players, but I'm sure I can find someone to trade with eventually.

Plus, Giambi continues to suck, so I could use someone to hit more dingers than him. Maybe he'll do really well and Ruth will be forced to pitch to keep his job when he comes back!

So, you're picking Mantle?