Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Rabid Llama
Aug 19, 2003

Donkey PUNCH
Anybody online on Jiwan with invite privileges? Could you send me one - character name "Basically Lulu"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Eimi posted:

So when Leading Palm says evade, it just means random evade change? Not using Q/E/SS?

Disclaimer: I don't play a Kung Fu Master, but that's what it looks like on BNSTree which is usually worth a look if you're confused about a skill since their translations are better. There's a few different types of 'not getting hit', namely Block, Counter, Resist and Evade. Resist is from special moves, like Q/E/SS, that give you invincibility frames - other classes have the ability to resist up to 5 attacks within a set period. Evade is random chance (from the Dodge stat), but some abilities also boost it; when you're Air Comboing someone you also evade all attacks from anyone else who might want to hit you, for example.

As a Kung Fu Master, you also get Agility when you resist attacks with your Q/E/SS, and if you resist three attacks with them you go into Max Agility which gives you 100% evade chance and boosted movement speed for five seconds. So it's controllable to some degree, rather than just relying purely on random chance from your gear/base stats.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think some people a while back were saying to use the nvidia controls for things like antialiasing rather than the game's. Maybe I'm doing something really stupid, but in the manage 3d settings part of the nvidia control panel, the changes I make seem to be getting reset whenever I change a different option.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 31, 2016

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Karistar posted:

It's time for one of those 'think too much into the story' posts!

I vaguely remember someone posting in either this thread or the previous thread about how the story is past what we have, but I can only conclude that the real bad guy is actually the 'Mushin' you meet at the end, and Jinsoyun is being evil to try to overtake Mushin, as a mission given by Jiwan. My guess on this is that the story goes on about how Mushin sealed away the Dark Lord by giving up his own god-like powers, but chances are he actually lost that fight and threw away his god-like powers so that the Dark Lord wouldn't get hold of it before being possessed by the Dark Lord. Why else would Mushin know the 'Dark Arts' and Yura is more loyal to Mushin over Jinsoyun, the supposedly 'servant of the Dark Lord'?

This also explains why Mushin was 'Gil'. The one that saved the last descendant of the Mu clan (Yunwa) was actually Mushin himself, to make sure that the bloodline remains alive to grab back Mushin's Legacy. Except it ended up being a part of Yunwa because of you, so he took her to try to extract the power off her.

So how does all this have to do with the current story? Well, from what I can guess, chances are you end up fighting Jinsoyun again like you're meant to, but something happens along the way involving Yunwa who is now in Mushin's custody that brings you back to the Hongmoon path somehow. So ultimately you beat Jinsoyun but then you start helping her because you realised Mushin is the bigger enemy who had been manipulating everything behind the scenes far more than Jinsoyun did. Meanwhile Yunwa's trying to get control of the Lumang Syndicate so as to bring some forces on your side, so there'll probably be a bunch of areas or a map's worth of story related to helping out Yunwa while looking after Jinsoyun, who is probably not the same as she was after you beat the darkness out of her.

This is the feels I get from knowing Wuxia-styled shows, there's always a stupid big plot twist that throws everything around the other direction somewhere (but this is what makes them great).

Mushin is legit and not the dark lord. He's just pissed his friends were assholes and didn't try to help him (Hong buggered off to found a school, Iksanun's a goddamn loving flake, Jiyan is the only nice one of the bunch) There's also the fact that Mushin's backstory predispose him towards the dark arts and revenge. He was once the youngest prince of the Naryu, given Heaven's power by the Three Sages in an attempt to produce a pure mortal guardian, only to be plotted against by his brothers and accused of treason and imprisoned by his own father, the man he'd done everything to impress. During the fight with the dark lord, Mushin threw himself into the other side of the gate, beleiving his friends would attempt to get him out the moment they could. Yura's deal is...more spotty. She's on a mission from someone, but we don't know yet (not even KR with its new act 6).

Now, if you care to know, Act 5 deals with you teaching the New Hongmoon School so you obviously go back to the 'good' side, but you don't leave the dark behind. Instead you learn the lesson Jiwan and later Mushin have been trying to teach you, Chi must be balanced by Dark Chi. Neither JSY nor Hong had the right of it, Mushin was technically correct all along.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Have been playing this game for all of two hours and then

https://zippy.gfycat.com/IncompatibleFrayedFrenchbulldog.webm

A++ great game

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

HapiMerchant posted:

Mushin is legit and not the dark lord. He's just pissed his friends were assholes and didn't try to help him (Hong buggered off to found a school, Iksanun's a goddamn loving flake, Jiyan is the only nice one of the bunch) There's also the fact that Mushin's backstory predispose him towards the dark arts and revenge. He was once the youngest prince of the Naryu, given Heaven's power by the Three Sages in an attempt to produce a pure mortal guardian, only to be plotted against by his brothers and accused of treason and imprisoned by his own father, the man he'd done everything to impress. During the fight with the dark lord, Mushin threw himself into the other side of the gate, beleiving his friends would attempt to get him out the moment they could. Yura's deal is...more spotty. She's on a mission from someone, but we don't know yet (not even KR with its new act 6).

Now, if you care to know, Act 5 deals with you teaching the New Hongmoon School so you obviously go back to the 'good' side, but you don't leave the dark behind. Instead you learn the lesson Jiwan and later Mushin have been trying to teach you, Chi must be balanced by Dark Chi. Neither JSY nor Hong had the right of it, Mushin was technically correct all along.

The game makes me wonder what the average lifespan of the various races are. Afterall, the events of Highland Necropolis happened 30 years ago, yet both Yura and Mushin doesn't look like they've aged a single bit (despite Mushin becoming a mortal after giving up his powers), and Jinsoyun herself was probably 13-16 year old in that cutscene, but she's looking like she's in her 20's. Even the Sacred Beasts look older.

Unless they're pulling on the Tao aspects of having good control over your chi turns you into an immortal or something like that to explain away how they're physically aging so slowly (if at all), without the old people with big long beards and a funny hat.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I finally hit level 30 and ducked into the arena when it gave me dueling quests. I was expecting to get totally destroyed as a Force Master, but instead the exact opposite happened. The best anyone did against me was a BM who got me to ~20% health once, everyone else spent almost the entirety of every match slowly trying to circle to face me while I threw snowballs at the back of their heads until they died. Are there a bunch of extra stun/snare breaks these people would have unlocked closer to 45? Do they just not understand that you should probably change your spec around a little for this? I have a lot of historical evidence that says I'm not very good at PvP so it was a very confusing but also pleasant experience, fully intend to go back for more snowball murder in the future.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Karistar posted:

The game makes me wonder what the average lifespan of the various races are. Afterall, the events of Highland Necropolis happened 30 years ago, yet both Yura and Mushin doesn't look like they've aged a single bit (despite Mushin becoming a mortal after giving up his powers), and Jinsoyun herself was probably 13-16 year old in that cutscene, but she's looking like she's in her 20's. Even the Sacred Beasts look older.

Unless they're pulling on the Tao aspects of having good control over your chi turns you into an immortal or something like that to explain away how they're physically aging so slowly (if at all), without the old people with big long beards and a funny hat.

The guardians themselves are explicitly immortal, Jiwan herself is busy 'reforming' and that's why Hong is holding onto the sword. Mushin (even after losing divinity) is stated to be the Strongest Man In The World, so we can assume he's got something to keep him looking sickbuff. Yura's at least half-demon so that explains her and JSY has got mastery of dark chi which I assume does the same. Also,she was also all of about 7 when highland central happened, as Iksanun's thoughts in the Completed tab of the journal tell us that Jiwan rescued 'a mere child'.

Fun fact: Mushin is not his name. It's his title. In KR he is Chun Jin Kwon, The Mushin [Divine Fist]

HapiMerchant fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 31, 2016

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Anyone have tips for what to use the Hongmoon Moonwater brilliant key on? Are there any pain in the rear end bosses you have to farm after getting the Profane weapon? I'm working on the Forgotten Brightstone stuff and it's a bit rough with bad luck and bad parties.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

HapiMerchant posted:

The guardians themselves are explicitly immortal, Jiwan herself is busy 'reforming' and that's why Hong is holding onto the sword. Mushin (even after losing divinity) is stated to be the Strongest Man In The World, so we can assume he's got something to keep him looking sickbuff. Yura's at least half-demon so that explains her and JSY has got mastery of dark chi which I assume does the same. Also,she was also all of about 7 when highland central happened, as Iksanun's thoughts in the Completed tab of the journal tell us that Jiwan rescued 'a mere child'.

Fun fact: Mushin is not his name. It's his title. In KR he is Chun Jin Kwon, The Mushin [Divine Fist]

The Guardians were there when the Naryu Empire exploded, and that was centuries ago when the Cinderlands were not a blasted wasteland.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Guys I'm downloading this right now what is the current faceroll class? I kinda wanna punchmans and not deal with magic

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

crew posted:

Guys I'm downloading this right now what is the current faceroll class? I kinda wanna punchmans and not deal with magic

Summoner is the closest to that. Having a pet tank for you makes PvE much easier, they've got built in heals tied to skills you want to be using, and the word on the street with PvP is you can nearly faceroll your way to moderately high gold rankings.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Whats the deal with the forgekeeper weapon skins from crafting? There's a purple and a orange option but I assume the orange one is at low chance? How low exactly is it and what does the orange one do beside what looks like a glow from the preview on the box.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

crew posted:

I Love my Kung Fu Master, they start off a little on the weak side because there early skills are almost all single target but they move and attack fast, and once you get a few skill points spent you get all the AE you need, and then start working on super counter/burst damage and they are really fun.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fenris13 posted:

I Love my Kung Fu Master, they start off a little on the weak side because there early skills are almost all single target but they move and attack fast, and once you get a few skill points spent you get all the AE you need, and then start working on super counter/burst damage and they are really fun.

Sounds like a plan. Theres two guilds in the op which one is dying already and which is the good one?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Old Man Cho (which the OP still hasn't added) and Mushin are active, Jiwan I'm not sure how active it is. Mushin has moved over to blue, as is Jiwan, Cho is still red.

Though to be fair, server doesn't matter a huge amount in this game thankfully.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

A+ jiggle physics in the character creator

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Finally got the Pirate Princess outfit from Poharan 4. Come play on Mushin and you too can fight alongside Master Roshi and the seto kaichou.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Eimi posted:

E: Also is there any move for KFM that gives hp back beyond Headbutt? I really appreciated having Shoulder Tackle as a BM, because I'm bad and need healing.

There are a lot of skills that KFM can spec to recover health. Right now, I have spec'd grapple so that whenever I hit the guy I am grappling, I recover 3% of my max health. That is per hit, period. If I hit with the three normal attacks, then the three-hit skill, that's 18% of my health back right there. Rising Dragon can also be spec'd to recover 10% of your max health if it hits.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Also life leech on tiger strike and straight jab

although really once you have tiger strike and hellfire kick and leading palm there won't be much you can't just bull through mashing 2, 4, and x.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 31, 2016

Ryebed
May 31, 2002

You seem well,
~*GENJI*~

Also Rising Dragon can give you 10% damage as health and 10% of your total health. Lots of possibilities.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
http://event2.ncsoft.jp/1.0/bns/1601sweetValentine/

I wonder if we will get these costumes. Seems like an easy cash grab.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

They've got a lot of back costumes from old events that I hope get added, especially the forgekeepers uniform.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
You're playing an anime game, what's with all this talk about trying to get smaller discreet weapons. Get the biggest gently caress off dumb poo poo looking weapon you can get your hands on.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Schubalts posted:

There are a lot of skills that KFM can spec to recover health. Right now, I have spec'd grapple so that whenever I hit the guy I am grappling, I recover 3% of my max health. That is per hit, period. If I hit with the three normal attacks, then the three-hit skill, that's 18% of my health back right there. Rising Dragon can also be spec'd to recover 10% of your max health if it hits.

This actually works for everyone who hits the target you're grappling (ie: they all heal 3% for every attack they make), so it's amazing group utility.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

DemonMage posted:

Old Man Cho (which the OP still hasn't added) and Mushin are active, Jiwan I'm not sure how active it is. Mushin has moved over to blue, as is Jiwan, Cho is still red.

Though to be fair, server doesn't matter a huge amount in this game thankfully.

Who do I contact to join in on Old Man Chode?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Haerc posted:

Who do I contact to join in on Old Man Chode?

Yurifel and Black Daimyonite have invite power I believe.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Mayor McCheese posted:

You're playing an anime game, what's with all this talk about trying to get smaller discreet weapons. Get the biggest gently caress off dumb poo poo looking weapon you can get your hands on.

Because I don't like that poo poo. I'm playing a Wuxia game, I want Chinese martial arts style swords. My personal ideal is a nice jian. Preferably with a pommel tassle, like so:

As for our KFMs, I'm sure it's because they'd rather punchmans with their BARE FURIOUS FISTS. :black101:

EDIT: Also, TBH, the blade dancer attack style looks dumb as hell with large weapons, but totally badass with light, nimble blades.

Zizi fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 31, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I played a bit tonight finally

I like this game a lot!

the cutscenes are surprisingly cool and it's neat that the main villain is a woman instead of the stereotypical evil kung fu dude you get in wuxia plots 99% of the time

now if only there was a voice effeminate enough to match the assassin I just made

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 31, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Zizi posted:

Mayor McCheese posted:

Because I don't like that poo poo. I'm playing a Wuxia game, I want Chinese martial arts style swords. My personal ideal is a nice jian. Preferably with a pommel tassle

I don't really see the difference

Both wuxia and anime involve really batshit insane premises, so use whatever gets the raging boner for them out of your system faster

Or don't, video games are just an outlet to play out weird fantasies after all

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No that's yer mam

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Insensitive posted:

I love this game.

Would this technique be stronger than the sunflower manual?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Is it worth it to use Unsealing Charms on Sacrifice Soul Shields? I've read conflicting opinions about it. I still have ~20 each of Unsealing/Hongmoon Unsealing Charms.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

blizzardvizard posted:

Is it worth it to use Unsealing Charms on Sacrifice Soul Shields? I've read conflicting opinions about it. I still have ~20 each of Unsealing/Hongmoon Unsealing Charms.

No.

edit: the profession of leveling soul shields should be
Stalker Wheel > Viridian Valor > Cinderlands Valor > 2nd tier Cinderlands Valor or Pinchy Wheel > Profane Wheel

the other wheels (deva, lycan, etc) have defensive stats or are just not that good compared to the above.

mightygerm fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 31, 2016

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I'm up to level 18 and visually, the game is beautiful. It reminds me a lot of how nice Aion looked, though the cutscenes and characters designs bother me. I wasn't on board with the whole martial arts thing at first, but now I can run on water and speed glide, which is really cool.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

chumbler posted:

I think some people a while back were saying to use the nvidia controls for things like antialiasing rather than the game's. Maybe I'm doing something really stupid, but in the manage 3d settings part of the nvidia control panel, the changes I make seem to be getting reset whenever I change a different option.

I didn't catch the previous discussion about this, but upon first impression the LEAA from the in-game graphics settings looks great. I have it on quality 2 on a 1440p monitor, and it's all I need.

Admittedly, all the rest of my settings are maxed and I'm using a G-Sync monitor. :pcgaming:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
from what i could tell none of the AA options in-game did anything for me. Dunno what's up with it.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here
Anybody online on Jiwan with invite privileges? Could you send me one - character name "Nhils" also as a side note, the way of the assassin: part 6 is causing me to have high blood pressure, any tips would be appreciated, it's really starting to hurt my little feelings.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

mightygerm posted:

No.

edit: the profession of leveling soul shields should be
Stalker Wheel > Viridian Valor > Cinderlands Valor > 2nd tier Cinderlands Valor or Pinchy Wheel > Profane Wheel

the other wheels (deva, lycan, etc) have defensive stats or are just not that good compared to the above.

I'm farming up the Misty Wood set now, what should I be looking to get after that? Skittering Tunnels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nhilist posted:

also as a side note, the way of the assassin: part 6 is causing me to have high blood pressure, any tips would be appreciated, it's really starting to hurt my little feelings.

Well, what problems are you having with it exactly? I just did it just now.

• Locked thread