Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Dead Goon posted:

I remember a TV show on some godforsaken channel (BBC3?) about stupid young people going skiing and they always couldn't really ski and just sat around getting drunk. I seem to remember someone falling through, or, at least, smashing a door or window.

A friend and his parents went skiing once and his Mum spent 13 of 14 days in a knee brace after falling.

gently caress skiing I suppose.

Skiing is great but if you're not learning as a kid and doing your drat pizza shapes for days and instead just go over the basics and then hop right on a red piste you're a moron and asking for trouble. Also never ski if you're feeling the slightest bit tired or under the weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Coohoolin posted:

Skiing is great but if you're not learning as a kid and doing your drat pizza shapes for days and instead just go over the basics and then hop right on a red piste you're a moron and asking for trouble. Also never ski if you're feeling the slightest bit tired or under the weather.

It does seem like something you should do when you are in absolutely the perfect frame of mind.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Skiing and snowboarding are cool and good.

Pity they're so loving expensive (just like every sport I've ever taken a shine to :negative:)

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Coohoolin posted:

Yeah that's not true. I had some poo poo beliefs as a teenager living in a pretty loving racist country, that's about it. Don't call me a loving "white supremacist" you dick.

Can we be enlightened on your poo poo teenage beliefs? Thanks.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Self-helldumping sounds like a bad time for everybody. I don't give a poo poo what babby Coohoolin did or said or thought and neither should you.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I enjoy skiing, although circulation issues mean that my hands freeze even with the thickest gloves on and it becomes very painful very quickly.

:rip: Flou :(

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
:rip: Flou, poor guy

Renaissance Robot posted:

Pity they're so loving expensive (just like every sport I've ever taken a shine to :negative:)

You should look into rowing, I hear it's a true sport of the workingman.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Rip Fluo, what a crappy way to go.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Bryter posted:

:rip: Flou, poor guy

Darts is the true sport of the proletariat.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

:rip: Fluo :(

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Skiing and snowboarding are cool and good.

It's me. I am the bourgie gently caress who worked as a ski instructor for a season :shepface:

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Rest well Fluo, a good lad and I hope you kicked the nicotine forever

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Poor Fluo. May he still be brewing away somewhere. I hope his family is ok. Serotonin, can you let us know about donations and such? I was Palos with him on Twitter, but not FB.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

az posted:

Rip Fluo, what a crappy way to go.

I'm not sure there are any good ways to go.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Poor Fluo, definitely someone who slipped through the cracks in the mental healthcare system. :(

Rest up, buddy, sorry we didn't chat much in the past few.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Trickjaw posted:

Poor Fluo. May he still be brewing away somewhere. I hope his family is ok. Serotonin, can you let us know about donations and such? I was Palos with him on Twitter, but not FB.

Yeah no problem. Sad all round. Just seeming to get his life back on track after years of struggling with his mental health.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Poor Fluo, definitely someone who slipped through the cracks in the mental healthcare system. :(

Rest up, buddy, sorry we didn't chat much in the past few.

Actually no he didn't. I helped him get support from his local team 3 years ago with some professional contacts I had and following some hard times for him and a lot of treatment both as an inpatient and outpatient, he made an incredible recovery and was doing really well for himself.

I don't think his death was suicide.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh, that's good to hear (that he recovered).

But in that case yikes, death at 25?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

Oh, that's good to hear (that he recovered).

But in that case yikes, death at 25?

Yeah. He was a big guy who drank a lot and had been on psych meds for years. I'd imagine that was a factor.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was wondering if all those tactical nuclear penguins finally caught up with him

dude's liver probably glows

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bryter posted:

Haven't tried it but have a hunch I'd probably like it. Show me to the wall etc,

Jedit posted:

I'm not sure there are any good ways to go.

Chased off a cliff by a bunch of naked hotties

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That dude who orgied himself to death seemed pretty happy.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Tyrion Lannister suggested a decent way to go: At an advanced age, lying in bed, with a bellyful of wine and a beautiful woman's lips around my cock.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DesperateDan posted:

Yeah, no joke, his family announced it to his facebook profile, RIP forums poster and IRC legend Fluo :(

oh poo poo, I still have some of his beer in my bristol office from when I met up with him. will pour a little out for him when I crack them open.

:-(

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Ah man that's awful about Fluo.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Never knew the guy, but 25 is no age. RIP Fluo.

Also, Wogan... gently caress me.

Chased off a cliff by a bunch of naked hotties
As opposed to letting them catch you?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

JFairfax posted:

will pour a little out for him when I crack them open.

:-(

He probably would have preferred you drank every drop :unsmith:

His family are waiting on post mortem results, despite his battles with mental health I don't think he took that route and it was related to other medical bits- in recent months he had seemed quite settled and happy. Was going to have a few drinks tonight, but I picked up a few more. Here's to fluo.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

tooterfish posted:

Never knew the guy, but 25 is no age. RIP Fluo.

Also, Wogan... gently caress me.
As opposed to letting them catch you?

Either's good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLctf4o6feQ

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/31/electoral-register-loses-estimated-800000-people-since-changes-to-system

quote:

An estimated 800,000 people have dropped off the electoral register since the government introduced changes to the system, with students in university towns at highest risk of being disenfranchised, the Guardian has learned.

It would be nice to have a government that gave a poo poo about anything that wasn't ensuring they stay in power through really dodgy means so they can gently caress over the poor

Stalingrad
Feb 5, 2011

Bye Fluo, I liked you a lot and the few times we spoke were a laugh.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jose posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/31/electoral-register-loses-estimated-800000-people-since-changes-to-system

It would be nice to have a government that gave a poo poo about anything that wasn't ensuring they stay in power through really dodgy means so they can gently caress over the poor

This is p. horrifying.

The changes that led to this plus the boundary changes are probably the worst thing to happen in recent political history, and I include last year's Tory election victory in that.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
RIP Fluo, gently caress 2016 :smith:

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Be sure to donate £50 to Sinn Fein in memory of Terry Wogan

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Stalingrad posted:

Bye Fluo, I liked you a lot and the few times we spoke were a laugh.

Back when I used to post here more I had a few conversations with him on the irc channel I forget the name of, he seemed like a good guy. RIP indeed, if his funeral is in need of donations or in Bristol I can be about.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Just got back from Dover (well, Maidstone - we didn't even get to Dover before fash attacked us). The last couple of years, we've seen the resurgence of Combat 18, the National Front and several other "big names" of 1980s racial hatred - we personally were attacked by a mix of C18 and Chelsea Headhunters. Gave as good as we got - none of ours got sent to the hospital, 4 arrested (all the ones with injuries, despite some of them clearly being signs of being assaulted), don't know how many fash were hurt for sure, but one was bleeding enough from the head to paint a swastika on the side of our coach (6 arrests, including one for possession of an offensive weapon (a knife)). What's more worrying is the duffel bag full of hammers and knives that were found on their coach (that mysteriously had all its windows put through by a freak tornado) - clearly these guys were out to do more than scrap.

I guess my point is, with the far-right seemingly invigorated by Saturday, and more hard-line and violent than ever, this year is seeming more and more likely we'll have some more grim scenes like we had in Dover in other cities too.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Serotonin posted:

Yeah no problem. Sad all round. Just seeming to get his life back on track after years of struggling with his mental health.

You're a pal. For obvious reasons, most of us didn't know the kindnesses you did for him. Just like many kindnesseskindnesses I have had from other posters. It gives me a little hope for humanity. Not much, mind.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

ForeverBWFC posted:

Just got back from Dover (well, Maidstone - we didn't even get to Dover before fash attacked us). The last couple of years, we've seen the resurgence of Combat 18, the National Front and several other "big names" of 1980s racial hatred - we personally were attacked by a mix of C18 and Chelsea Headhunters. Gave as good as we got - none of ours got sent to the hospital, 4 arrested (all the ones with injuries, despite some of them clearly being signs of being assaulted), don't know how many fash were hurt for sure, but one was bleeding enough from the head to paint a swastika on the side of our coach (6 arrests, including one for possession of an offensive weapon (a knife)). What's more worrying is the duffel bag full of hammers and knives that were found on their coach (that mysteriously had all its windows put through by a freak tornado) - clearly these guys were out to do more than scrap.

I guess my point is, with the far-right seemingly invigorated by Saturday, and more hard-line and violent than ever, this year is seeming more and more likely we'll have some more grim scenes like we had in Dover in other cities too.

Can I ask - why the gently caress did London Antifa stop at Maidstone when everybody was told specifically not to? Some were speculating that the coach drivers might've done it on own initiative despite being told to avoid maidstone because this was exactly what was going to happen.

Also: yeah, everybody I spoke to was saying the violence was unprecedented and the worst in years, if not decades. All my lot were thinking we wanted bike helmets for next time, after specifically leaving them home because we didn't want to come all tooled up. Lots of lessons to be learned, and our turnout was fantastic even with half the London coaches missing, and would have been amazing with you lot. I think all-in-all it was a super positive day from which we can all learn and progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHlYPUkeVJ4

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

UKMT February 2016: RIP Fluo, a good mate to all.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh yeah a new thread's incoming

before that happens extreme0 where's your av from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Oberleutnant posted:

Can I ask - why the gently caress did London Antifa stop at Maidstone when everybody was told specifically not to? Some were speculating that the coach drivers might've done it on own initiative despite being told to avoid maidstone because this was exactly what was going to happen.

Also: yeah, everybody I spoke to was saying the violence was unprecedented and the worst in years, if not decades. All my lot were thinking we wanted bike helmets for next time, after specifically leaving them home because we didn't want to come all tooled up. Lots of lessons to be learned, and our turnout was fantastic even with half the London coaches missing, and would have been amazing with you lot. I think all-in-all it was a super positive day from which we can all learn and progress.

Apparently we were pulling in for like 20 minutes to meet a 6th coach travelling from London, we were just grabbing a coffee and a smoke when the fash coach pulled up and they came piling out tooled up (chains, belts with nails in etc.) - it was pretty much unanimous in the debrief that stopping was a bad idea, but that taking the C18 coach and its weapons cache off the streets of Dover was a good thing (but the extra 250 bodies in Dover would have been much more useful). We were watching the live RT feed on phones and poo poo feeling helpless, was horrible! The idea was brought up of using AFN funds to purchase stab vests and hardened baseball caps (£6 from ScrewFix and a lot less conspicuous).

• Locked thread