Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

p sure samsung makes devices with every inch screen from 4 to 12 at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
just need to wait for tech pioneers xiaomi to bring out something bigger than their mi pad 2

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i still have a ipad mini 1 and it's at the point where it's effectively unusable for anything but the most basic app usage. like even a complex webpage will make safari endlessly crash and reload

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Celexi posted:

i don't like apple but i don't think that article is right, because i have a nexus 7 2013 and the only reason i have yet to buy a new one is how long it has lasted and it rarely leaves home, so i think most ipad users are on the same boat. it is just a long lasting type of device

for some reason analysts treat tablet sales as if they should be like phone sales, when theyre really closer to laptops in replacement rates etc

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mods please put stux back on the probe train tia

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Necc0 posted:

years ago everyone said it was good that apple was one of the few companies willing to cannibalize its own products but now- it's bad

its good as long as the margins are greater on the new product. so this cannibalization is probably the best ever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stux posted:

for some reason analysts treat tablet sales as if they should be like phone sales, when theyre really closer to laptops in replacement rates etc

i used to like the posts attached to that avatar. now, i don't. so img oing to change your avatr. to the probation avatr. lol suck it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
smythe you're doing god's work

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

really want to quote stymie

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
did you pay Richard?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy stux posts and that so many people :qq: over them.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
the iPad Pro should have been called the iPad Extremely loving Pro

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

eric posted:

same

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

eric posted:

stux is basically a low rent cremnob

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

infernal machines posted:

stux is basically a low rent cremnob

Cremnob already does it for free how do you get lower rent than that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

broken clock opsec posted:

Cremnob already does it for free how do you get lower rent than that

he paid :10bux: to do it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol tim is doubling down on the apple surface and the ipad air 3 will have a keyboard attachment too

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lol the ipad pro outsold all of surface despite launching in november and being supply constrained

http://www.geekwire.com/2016/new-data-apples-new-ipad-pro-outsold-microsoft-surface-tablets-in-holiday-quarter/

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"apple branded garbage outsells microsoft branded garbage"

not really a victory there

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

I went to the apple store to try the ipad pro pen and not a single pen worked, and then an employee came over and was like "Ah you need to go to Settings, disconnect it, and reconnect it again, it does this all the time"

I might have bought a pro for doing art if tim "ship it" cook wasn't in charge!!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

tim "ship it" cook

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

cremnob posted:

lol the ipad pro outsold all of surface despite launching in november and being supply constrained

http://www.geekwire.com/2016/new-data-apples-new-ipad-pro-outsold-microsoft-surface-tablets-in-holiday-quarter/

Nice!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Simply not possible that the worthless trash iPad pro outsold the worthless trash Surface. I'm not sure if an iOS device is worse than a ARM Windows one but they're both worthless for anything important.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

lol you read these garbage websites

it's as if flies are attracted to garbage

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's a sign of poor leadership that apple decided to even enter the lovely market of the foldable, but tim got super scared by microsoft's advertising and now they're on top of the ridiculous, terrible foldable market shitheap

i mean, sure they could have defined a new market segment with innovative products like steve did, but where's the accessories profits to be had there?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Polo-Rican posted:

I went to the apple store to try the ipad pro pen and not a single pen worked, and then an employee came over and was like "Ah you need to go to Settings, disconnect it, and reconnect it again, it does this all the time"

I might have bought a pro for doing art if tim "ship it" cook wasn't in charge!!

same except i dont talk to people irl so i just assumed all the pens had ran out of battery

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Stymie posted:

it's a sign of poor leadership that apple decided to even enter the lovely market of the foldable, but tim got super scared by microsoft's advertising and now they're on top of the ridiculous, terrible foldable market shitheap

i mean, sure they could have defined a new market segment with innovative products like steve did, but where's the accessories profits to be had there?

new markets Steve invented: music players and phones

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

poty posted:

i just assumed all the pens had ran out of battery

sometimes i hate the future

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

new markets Steve invented: music players and phones

he didn't invent them, but he defined them

along with tablets and laptops

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want the future where we use micro nuclear batteries in everything

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

cremnob posted:

lol $2b in a month and 30% higher sales than a 4 year old established enterprise competitor

Polo-Rican posted:

the pens have to be paired which is a clusterfuck in the apple store but no problem at home unless you have a dozen iPad Pros and Pencils lying around

seriously we've been using it nonstop for over a month and it never once has needed to be re-paired like that

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Internaut! posted:

seriously we've been using it nonstop for over a month

lmao

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
shrug beats the poo poo out of our Cintiq

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's really dumb that I can't change my gmail alert sound without jail breaking but I'm gonna blame that one on Google

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Internaut! posted:

shrug beats the poo poo out of our Cintiq

but what about for the average man, should the average man get an ipad pro?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
ill probably get a normal sized iPad that supports the pencil

code45man
Dec 26, 2013

The firewall will stop it...

Internaut! posted:

lol $2b in a month and 30% higher sales than a 4 year old established enterprise competitor

the pens have to be paired which is a clusterfuck in the apple store but no problem at home unless you have a dozen iPad Pros and Pencils lying around

seriously we've been using it nonstop for over a month and it never once has needed to be re-paired like that

Any accessories for properly labeling each of my kids' pencils?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

code45man posted:

Any accessories for properly labeling each of my kids' pencils?

I can't believe people buy smartphones or tablets for their kids.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even personal laptops is a little insane but at least they might actually need that depending on the school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the other option is to actually care that your children dont grove up with fygm mindset because theyve been denied everything their peers had for 20 years

• Locked thread