Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sleepwalkers posted:

I don't know that "pray dad's money doesn't stop" is that much more viable than "try new, interesting format and see if it clicks"

Right now TNA's business model is piss away investor money, run some PPVs, maybe do house shows, and do talent booking.

LU's is the same, less the revenue generating things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Anyone who respects Corny's "brilliant wrestling mind" needs to remember that the height of his booking acumen is literally "make southerners angry at the scary black guys"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

Anyone who respects Corny's "brilliant wrestling mind" needs to remember that the height of his booking acumen is literally "make southerners angry at the scary black guys"

Cornette might not be a fan of the actual Southern strategy, but he drat well respects its efficacy

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

please post more Ta-Gar

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

oatgan posted:

mrt doesn't actually care and is just trying to rile people up

On this, the most troll-free forum on the internet? I find that unlikely.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Uncle Dave v. Rockstar Spud

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/693486987198619648

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Rovert run-in!
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/693425020438237184

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Apparently it was a dark match after all not an Xplosion match.

Doesn't change what Meltzer is saying at all though.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It rather does though. It went short cos they hosed up, it wasn't cut short deliberately due to TNA being petty

Sorry there isn't a big drama here, just your standard boring cock up :shrug:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

waffle iron posted:

Take that dirtsheets

Cody Rhodes ain't no snitch.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Marco Corleone is absolutely ethering Cornette right now

https://twitter.com/MrKhakbaz/status/693461308646141952
https://twitter.com/MarcoCorleone23/status/693465323672965123
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/693475256904892416
https://twitter.com/MarcoCorleone23/status/693495776589144064
https://twitter.com/MarcoCorleone23/status/693507446027857920
https://twitter.com/MarcoCorleone23/status/693505309776580608
https://twitter.com/MarcoCorleone23/status/693505581429055488

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I don't think Cornette would have a problem sharing these himself

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Marty Jannetty done lost his mind on Facebook:

quote:

gently caress all them politics and shut the gently caress up..Im you ...let me tell you what just happened. I stepped outside Mikes door..I was thinking I was gonna take a run(jog, )..lil nigga who couldn't be more than 10 walked right up on me..i was so confues...he had 4 ninjas , gently caress that ,,4 niggas right behind him, looking 17..one said get yo point..i aint knew,,I grabbed lil niigga( I GOT A BLACJK DAAUGHTER< Spleasedont clai.race... , give so anyway...lil chubby cheek 10 year old dropped his knife..I jumped towards the rest of the niggas, and they all jumped back with they hand up..told lil nigga, u did bruh..glad u didn't stick me...they left and I came in the house cussing my boy Mike..DID U SEE THAT?? his answer? see it all the time..nigga u wont see sweat like again..u walk outside and try to help me,,,true nutha fuckin story aby of you lil pretty boys call lie...don't move..i aint tryin to break bd ..but a 10 year ols was bout to stick me...surrounded by help..17 years old...man these niggas today?i wanted to hug the nigga,,i saw it in his eyes, he looked and thinkin..I cant...not him..and that the 1 second break I needed...yall niggas go a surviver..lil nigga was only tryin for poins..I aint mad at he...but for all u lil fag gently caress sucm hope he plug my rear end bitches..this just happened...and I invite any nigga..any fuckin one of , call me aliar..bet u wont..nigga, oops oops let go back to this POLITICAL STUPID rear end CUNTS..I was spose..u lil human being fucjk wooda got stuck..By a10 year old...

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

super macho dude posted:

I'm pretty sure Marty lost his mind years before Facebook was invented.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

super macho dude posted:

I have absolutely no idea what's happening here. He either wanted to beat up a 10 year old black boy or marry him

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

maybe that Facebook post is performance art in disguise

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I GOT A BLACJK DAAUGHTER is available for anyone who needs a namechange thanks to a Rumble Toxx at least.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

lil fag gently caress sucm

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

I have absolutely no idea what's happening here. He either wanted to beat up a 10 year old black boy or marry him

A group of african american adolescents tried to encourage a young bpy to mug Marty Jannetty with a knife but fortunately he was quick enough to disarm the knife wielder and the group soon fled. Whoever Mike is stood inside and watched the exchange but didn't come out for the save stirring up tension between the two that could play out into a split further down the line. Also Marty Janetty has a black daughter so don't call him a racist for saying the N word.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Of all the wrestlers to Mug, Jannetty is pretty low on the list imo. Like almost the bottom.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dario the Wop posted:

His vitriol towards LU is so over the top, he's either a crazy old man or playing heel to the internet.
You say this like they're mutually exclusive.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

A group of african american adolescents tried to encourage a young bpy to mug Marty Jannetty with a knife but fortunately he was quick enough to disarm the knife wielder and the group soon fled. Whoever Mike is stood inside and watched the exchange but didn't come out for the save stirring up tension between the two that could play out into a split further down the line. Also Marty Janetty has a black daughter so don't call him a racist for saying the N word.

Also something something politics.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

super macho dude posted:

lik dis if u cry evertim

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Jim Cornette is funny and I like hearing him babble.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Lol oh lord never thought I'd see Marty Jannety calling people gently caress boys on the Internet back when I was 10.

Hell if someone told me last week I'd swear they were full of poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought he was dead

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Alain Post posted:

I thought he was dead

nah, just his career

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Skarsnik posted:

It rather does though. It went short cos they hosed up, it wasn't cut short deliberately due to TNA being petty

Sorry there isn't a big drama here, just your standard boring cock up :shrug:

#1 even if it was supposed to longer they had him booked to lose the match

#2 how do you gently caress up the timing of a match so badly that it only goes 5 minutes, did one of them pull an eva marie and forget to kickout?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

#1 even if it was supposed to longer they had him booked to lose the match

#2 how do you gently caress up the timing of a match so badly that it only goes 5 minutes, did one of them pull an eva marie and forget to kickout?

Local talent almost always loses to your current stars, that's standard booking. You saying Havoc losing means they're pissed at him too?

There are plenty of ways you can gently caress up a near fall and have to call it there, this isn't a hard thing to imagine

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

a retard posted:

nah, just his career

It's really too bad because in the brief few times WWE brought him back, his matches were really solid and he could still go. Dude needs to move in with DDP for a bit.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Push Ta-Gar, Lord of the Volcano

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

It's really too bad because in the brief few times WWE brought him back, his matches were really solid and he could still go. Dude needs to move in with DDP for a bit.

Jannetty comes off as way dumber than Hall or Roberts while not having even near the amount of support from family, friends or fans. He's been actively self destructive on social media as well for longer than either of the other two I've mentioned were probably aware it was a thing. At this point he's just a white trash drunkard who doesn't have any of the qualifications (money, fan/family support etc) that would allow him to seek actual help.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jannetty's Facebook is my new favorite thing. He spits hot fire all goddamn day.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Skarsnik posted:

Local talent almost always loses to your current stars, that's standard booking. You saying Havoc losing means they're pissed at him too?

There are plenty of ways you can gently caress up a near fall and have to call it there, this isn't a hard thing to imagine

It's not about being 'pissed at him' it's about losing his push. Ospreay wasn't supposed to merely be a local jobber. And why would he lose his push? Probably because they're pissed at him

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

super macho dude posted:

lil fag gently caress sucm

name change pls hulkamatt

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/foxybustered/status/693495752769806336

why is this so funny to me

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRock/status/693804959100436480

Apparently creative was really upset that he went off script. The Rock does not give any fucks because he's The Rock

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The segment went on about 7 minutes too long, but it is nice to see someone push the show out of its comfort zone.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

It's not about being 'pissed at him' it's about losing his push. Ospreay wasn't supposed to merely be a local jobber. And why would he lose his push? Probably because they're pissed at him

Unless Ospreay was going back to the US with TNA (which, we've established, he is not, because he's going to NJPW) then there is no push to speak of. He's just a known name brought in to excite the British fans, standard procedure is he will lose a lot (just like Mandrews, Grado and Spud) and that's that. You might as well be posting that the Rock is going to lose his push for going off-script on Raw.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ostentatious posted:

Apparently creative was really upset that he went off script. The Rock does not give any fucks because he's The Rock

Yeah, maybe the best part is there's absolutely nothing they can do to him. With the amount of money The Rock has, any appearances at this point are basically a favor to WWE and the fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

lol at the loving lovely wwe writing team that sucks dicks being pissy babbies because the loving Rock didn't want to abide by their lovely script