Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Oh yeah, and all levels drop lvl 60 reliquaries of rarity, lol, and stuff like lvl 9 costume cores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I think you can get limbo4 with the not unlocked level 10 kitteny but you need to find a dope in hollersim. I hope so at least so I don't have to spend splinters on her.

Someone go test that, not playing until tomorrow evening

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I need to do that Hightown. I'm lvl 32 yellow Black Mewcat and have no uniques for her.

Typical.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

420 hightown is extremely rewarding

thanks mr gaz

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

420 hightown is extremely rewarding

thanks mr gaz
Hey, for a new-ish player that's at least 2 full shots at not having +1 durability on their pet.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Does custom camera distance not work in parts of chapter 10? I feel so zoomed in I can see Jean Grey's hosed up eyebrows and it's really triggering to be honest

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

adhuin posted:

I play ranged/summoner Magic and she is fine too. I won't be breaking any TTK records with her, but who cares about those anyway?

oh well you see..

adhuin posted:

Cosmic Storymode is IN!

Here how you unlock it: Play Black Cat.
Everything starts to feels hard and you get owned by such badasses as "Group of Maggia Goons" or a strong breeze.
Hell, you can be a lvl 19 Black Cat in a Lvl 10-14 Midtown zone and still need to be carried by a group of Deadpool players happily leveling their characters.

I'm not talking about end game, I'm talking about lvl:s 1-25. You know the ones you usually miss by blinking your eyes once while leveling.

lol

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Saint Freak posted:

Does custom camera distance not work in parts of chapter 10? I feel so zoomed in I can see Jean Grey's hosed up eyebrows and it's really triggering to be honest
Yeah, the parts where you're going into the invaded rooftops snap to "view maximum bulge" zoom once you get down to the ground and don't let up until you're out. Gaz!

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i'm sorry silver surfer, you cannot surf down to the ground from the roof, you'll have to navigate your way to the stairs like the rest of us

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

i'm sorry silver surfer, you cannot surf down to the ground from the roof, you'll have to navigate your way to the stairs like the rest of us

he could get caught in a spider web.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

This is fine
Everything is fine
Nothing to see here

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

there was a lot of excess bloom left in the item budget, so you know they had to find a place to dump it

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I think it worked in some spots on tc

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Man, this whole leveling via the story is pretty sweet, got 2 heroes up to 60 with pretty much no effort.

Thinking of trying SW or Jean next, what are their pros/cons?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Silvergun1000 posted:

Man, this whole leveling via the story is pretty sweet, got 2 heroes up to 60 with pretty much no effort.

Cons: ttk to fast

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SW and Jean are both great picks but I'd go for SW because then you can play as Wiccan and honestly who doesn't want to be a magic gay mutant teen

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jean has a new default skin, which is pretty nice looking.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

oh well you see..

lol

You laugh, but there is even funnier tidbits:

I decide to take my lvl 4 black Cat to this brand new Hightown patrol zone and see the sights.

I look around a bit and the Maggia event starts and I decide to flex my muscles there.
I kill couple mooks and get killed (all 9 lives!) and respawn immeditially from the sewer entrance.
I charge again, kill couple mooks and get killed. Respawn.
Bodyslide out. That was my adventure on Marvel Vietnam! (zone level 1-4)

After lvl 30 she got little easier and @lvl60 she is almost good even.
Still a melee chump, but not a horrible one like in the lower levels.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 31, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

SW and Jean are both great picks but I'd go for SW because then you can play as Wiccan and honestly who doesn't want to be a magic gay mutant teen

why would i play a game as myself

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

adhuin posted:

You laugh, but there is even funnier tidbits:

I decide to take my lvl 4 black Cat to this brand new Hightown patrol zone and see the sights.

I look around a bit and the Maggia event starts and I decide to flex my muscles there.
I kill couple mooks and get killed (all 9 lives!) and respawn immeditially from the sewer entrance.
Bodyslide out. That was my adventure on Marvel Vietnam! (zone level 1-4)

After lvl 30 she got little easier and @lvl60 she is almost good even.
Still a melee chump, but not a horrible one like in the lower levels.

:gitgud:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Box prestige isnt fixed. Ask in game for new tactics. Goons win again.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Silvergun1000 posted:

Silvergun1000 posted:

No real cons to either one--they are among the strongest and most well rounded characters in the game.

Jean can be built as a psychic or as the Phoenix--both equally viable. Psychic is your basic ranged mental type, with good cc. Phoenix is more unique. It's a tanky mid range caster build that's entirely aoe damage. You get an insane steroid, Dark Phoenix, that charges slowly but basically turns you into a tiny, invincible sun for a short time, and adds unique bonus effects to all your powers (extra projectiles, heals, random explosions). Both builds get to toss bosses around with telekinesis.

Scarlet witch is all about chaos magic. Your main attack fires random amounts of projectiles, you get a move that has a small chance to instantly erase enemies from existence, etc. Lots of stacking DoTs, and has a semi involved rotation because you build charges for a big hadouken by using your chaos-y moves. Really cool sig, insta kills any normal enemies and stuns bigger guys for a long duration, and makes all those super chaos effects automatically proc at their highest value for a while. Also gives you guaranteed procs for any omegas or items you're wearing, which can be built around a little. Switch also has my favorite aoe move in the game, that lets you float around doing screen wide damage and healing massively+has cool particle effects!

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002
So my iron man is at level 34, and I'm kind of stuck. I kept doing the main story missions, but now I'm at the AIM weapons lab in chapter 8 and basic enemies like turrets will kill me. I tried going back and completing side quests in earlier chapters but they're all awarding me less than 1k xp each. How are people getting to 60 with ease?

I'm no good at games like this :saddowns:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Man. They really need to dial back the number of seeds on uniques and lower drop rates in CMM. The drop rate of uniques in other areas are decent if you weren't getting garbage 99% of the time. CMM is the only place that gives you the sheer volume required to get strong rolls across all the good item affixes.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

epsilon-6 posted:

So my iron man is at level 34, and I'm kind of stuck. I kept doing the main story missions, but now I'm at the AIM weapons lab in chapter 8 and basic enemies like turrets will kill me. I tried going back and completing side quests in earlier chapters but they're all awarding me less than 1k xp each. How are people getting to 60 with ease?

You'll do legendary quests to get back to Story Mode. Supplement Legendary Quests in between your story leveling. And Midtown Madness.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

epsilon-6 posted:

Basically you want to be in certain level bands when you do story stuff. Not just because of difficulty, but because if you're over- or under-levelled you'll get an XP penalty and your smooth journey to 60 will be interrupted. Here's a plain English guide for when to do what: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716799&pagenumber=509&perpage=40#post448527379

and here's a spreadsheet if you like numbers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgVPnEd4Mi_1eNWR_1Td_n6scVq1EE6oGjwiZxlWpdc/edit#gid=1741813078

If you find yourself underlevelled for the next step (as you are now), you can do as the Sun God says (and you'll want to reroll LQs to terminal LQs if you can afford it) or you can just go kill stuff in midtown or icp.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

e: f,b.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Has anyone seen if Gaz really fixed auto-resurrection abilities counting as deaths in raids and Danger Room yet? Half my 60s have abilities like that and I wanna know if I can stop loving over my team every time I forget that auto-rezing is broken.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

DrProsek posted:

Has anyone seen if Gaz really fixed auto-resurrection abilities counting as deaths in raids and Danger Room yet? Half my 60s have abilities like that and I wanna know if I can stop loving over my team every time I forget that auto-rezing is broken.

Pretty sure they were only fixing it for Black Cat, since she gets 9 resurrections and they don't heal her or something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DrProsek posted:

Those are supposed to count as deaths. Only Black Cat is the exception.

Stop dying and :gitgud:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Good news, gaz patched out steam achievements.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe they were dropping boss artis.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

ransome posted:

Pretty sure they were only fixing it for Black Cat, since she gets 9 resurrections and they don't heal her or something.

Darn, oh well, at least that means I can actually try raiding/DR as BC without making us lose the second I get hit by a persistent AOE.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Stop dying and :gitgud:

:colbert: Excuse me, please stop ruining my immersion, I am trying to roleplay my character dying tragically and heroically returning to defeat the big bad.

(also I suffer from "Boss low health means time to suicide rush" so I still need to git good and stay careful even the boss is almost dead)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

punchymcpunch posted:

Good news, gaz patched out steam achievements.

I wondered why i didnt have any.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kelp is http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes in the OP? it should be

:siren: new duders: redeem all those codes for free stuff :siren:

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
I was thinking of coming back, but this 2016 rebrand doesn't seem to have much content? Ch 10 is pretty short. For endgame there is the same stuff as before, no new terminals, and a danger room which is turned off?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mugaaz posted:

I was thinking of coming back, but this 2016 rebrand doesn't seem to have much content? Ch 10 is pretty short. For endgame there is the same stuff as before, no new terminals, and a danger room which is turned off?

Danger Room is turned back on now. There is also Hightown patrol zone. No one does terms anyways. Idk if you were around for cosmic MM and ICP, but those are things too.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mugaaz posted:

There is a poo poo ton of new stuff. The water is safe here.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I believe Danger Five is back and if you like clicking on stuff and picking up grey orbs then you'll be in heaven.

No new terminals or oneshots ever I bet. Gaz never looks back, only forwards, ever restless, always one eye on the horizon. Chasing the dream of an endless summer and never tarrying too long in one game mode, all hail Yogi Bear and may you be reborn in samsara my friends.

But yeah the focus is on danger room and patrol zones now, supposed to be a savage land one coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Have they improved performance in this game at all?

• Locked thread