Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

BadLlama posted:

Only unironically.

I meant it 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Okay all you angry tryhards get to remove arty, but I get to remove the E 25 from the game and kick every single person that ever touched that tank in the nether regions as much as I want.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm a little mad that WG won't adjust the size on that one.

maybe i'd feel better if i actually played mine for a few battles but eh.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Infected posted:

Okay all you angry tryhards get to remove arty, but I get to remove the E 25 from the game and kick every single person that ever touched that tank in the nether regions as much as I want.

Works for me. I've played maybe ten games in it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Infected posted:

The E-25 is so much loving better than the JPanther. The lower pen is mitigated by the vastly better accuracy, it gets far more freak bounces, it has much superior mobility and camo, it and is just far more fun. If the E-25 has regular matchmaking and the JPanther got pref matchmaking, it would be much more appropriate.

Sadly the E-25 is a German tank and therefore will never be nerfed even though it shouldn't be so goddamn tiny and have the second best camo in the game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Thankfully the E25 being german means most the people playing it are awful.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Cardiac posted:

I would say that the E50 would have had a pretty good chance of surviving that if he were more arty aware.
For the first hit, sure, that would have been hard to avoid, but more erratic movement and backing down more could have saved him, or at least made him aware arty was zeroed in on him.
Many players fail to back down long enough for them to turn invisible, and instead just duck down behind cover and stand still, and subsequently gets artied.

The second shot though, then he was basically just sitting still giving me a free shot and kill.
If you have been hit for 650 damage by a competent arty player, not getting hit again should be a high priority, which he failed.
More erratic movement and more #snapshotmeta and he would have been fine.

You're really overestimating how much a tank can do to dodge arty while still contributing. If you're preaimed even taking rushed snapshots isn't enough, as he'll have to reverse during/after the shot and will be slow and predictable for a long enough period that most arty can nail him. Maybe not the 304 or CGC.

Also keep in mind that this is asymmetrical, you want to hit him directly for the most damage and anything short of that is a miss for you, even if you get a bit of damage. For him he wants you to not hit the ground anywhere within ten metres of him so you don't take out three modules and two crew members, even if he only takes a hundred damage. Even if you misjudge where he's going by a very large margin RNG can still guide your shell into that laughably huge target.

Non-penetrating HE or splash can kill up to half your crew, so you in arty can snapshot some tank at the start of the game and only splash him for 200 damage. You consider that a failure of a shot but he just lost his gunner and loader in the first minute of the game, and now he's crippled for the other 14.

e: I have two t10 arty that I blew a lot of free exp on (skipped the 212a, skipped from the 304 to the CGC) and a t8 arty I also grabbed with a lot of free exp for missions. If they took them all out with no compensation given I'd count it as a net win.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 31, 2016

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Desuwa posted:

You're really overestimating how much a tank can do to dodge arty while still contributing. If you're preaimed even taking rushed snapshots isn't enough, as he'll have to reverse during/after the shot and will be slow and predictable for a long enough period that most arty can nail him. Maybe not the 304 or CGC.

Also keep in mind that this is asymmetrical, you want to hit him directly for the most damage and anything short of that is a miss for you, even if you get a bit of damage. For him he wants you to not hit the ground anywhere within ten metres of him so you don't take out three modules and two crew members, even if he only takes a hundred damage. Even if you misjudge where he's going by a very large margin RNG can still guide your shell into that laughably huge target.

Non-penetrating HE or splash can kill up to half your crew, so you in arty can snapshot some tank at the start of the game and only splash him for 200 damage. You consider that a failure of a shot but he just lost his gunner and loader in the first minute of the game, and now he's crippled for the other 14.

e: I have two t10 arty that I blew a lot of free exp on (skipped the 212a, skipped from the 304 to the CGC) and a t8 arty I also grabbed with a lot of free exp for missions. If they took them all out with no compensation given I'd count it as a net win.

No he isn't, he's just being a smarmy rear end

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
I only played Arty because for some reason I was REALLY good at smacking the poo poo out of a moving target with my Object 261. I was especially good at hitting scouting Batchat's in Clan Wars (and Mr. Peabody at the end of the fight).

Not sure exactly why I was so good at predicting how much to lead a moving target or knowing where an erratic driver was going to be when it landed and to be honest, I never even tried to analyze it. I just went with what felt right and it rarely let me down. The move away from Obj 261 in Clan Wars is part of what eventually led to me just not playing the game anymore, granted it is a small part compared to my eye committing seppuku 2 times in the space of 3 months.

As for mods, I never used a flight time UI mod because they were always off by just enough to screw up my shots (between .5 and 1 second).

I ended up with a 73.45% win rate for 226 battles with 2284 avg. damage per game, 880 avg. XP, and 1.36 kills per game in my Obj. 261.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

DonkeyHotay posted:

No he isn't, he's just being a smarmy rear end

Probably.
It is not like anything new is coming out of this discussion and we could just ctrl-c previous parts of the thread.

Arty is not leaving the game anytime soon, you are obviously doing perfectly fine despite it and I don't consider it a problem and like playing it.
While I don't have your stats, I still get my part of the gold spam/ arty focus from those morons that use the wot labs 9 color scheme and for some reason think I am blue.
Actually, a better solution to the arty problem would be banning XVM.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I watched your replay and got a good laugh out of it, Hellsau. That IS-6 was loving livid.

Then I started a match and snapshot an O-I Exp for almost all of its HP in my M41 HMC, blindly shot a lefh after it was briefly spotted and started reversing, then sunk a Church 3 who knocked over a tree. I am enjoying arty.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Cardiac posted:

Arty is not leaving the game anytime soon, you are obviously doing perfectly fine despite it and I don't consider it a problem and like playing it.

WG has said that they'll be reworking arty, probably this year, though we know how long it takes WG to actually get something implemented.They deny that this has anything to do with AW.

As for obviously doing perfectly fine, well, arty is like a progressive tax or a handicap. I'd definitely do better without it because the burden of it falls disproportionately on me because my stats happen to be in the low end of purple. I'm very often the best player on both teams.

Better players still do better but each little bit you get "better" gets taxed at a higher rate than the last little bit.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010

Desuwa posted:

reworking arty

Paging Dandy to the thread.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Salean posted:

You're good people

That statement is patently untrue and preposterous.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Desuwa posted:

Once you can reliably hit targets, AP all the way. Module damage is nothing compared to solid HP removal.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

SPG AP loving owns.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
All these party tears. Lets talk about how the bat 155 58 is the best party while at it. Especially in it's ability to defend itself well in shotgun.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

All these party tears. Lets talk about how the bat 155 58 is the best party while at it. Especially in it's ability to defend itself well in shotgun.

FYI, there is a pretty awesome replay on wotreplays.com Replays of the week featuring a purple BatChat 155 58 doing 10 kills on Airfield.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Whelp, the luffawuffa is for sale again. Might have to grab it and go poo poo up T5 games to work on missions.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Cardiac posted:

FYI, there is a pretty awesome replay on wotreplays.com Replays of the week featuring a purple BatChat 155 58 doing 10 kills on Airfield.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2413536#airfield-zulerdien-bat_-ch_tillon_155_58 This?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Get out your wallets.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The leFH is 100% worth $11 but don't be tempted to go up the French artillery line. They're not useful for missions or for clan wars. Get the tier 4 French artillery since its APCR is hilarious (better gold round than the tier ten!) and be happy that you could outright buy the best artillery in the line.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddammit why did they have to make it so cheap. Now tiers 5-6 will be unplayable for the next couple weeks.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Goddammit why did they have to make it so cheap. Now tiers 5-6 will be unplayable for the next couple weeks.

You could always play artillery yourself and solve the problem.

I don't even remember what I paid for the lefh but I am pretty sure it wasn't eleven loving dollars. Oh well, bought one for my coworker. :allears:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Good point, it's time to play my S-51 platooned with two leFHs and try to get my bombardier on the enemy leFHs when we get a 5 arti match.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I just realized that if you buy the bigger package you're basically paying loving $7 for equipment, ahaha. I wonder how many idiots are going to buy that.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Yeah, stuff in WoT feels aggressively overpriced.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the thing is that it keeps selling

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I think I might shell out the 11 bucks for the Feldhaubitze. I've wanted a little change in pace and decided to only play fun and/or gimmick tanks on my NA account, but grinding into some arty really felt right. Just buying the thing that I'm told is as fun as the original FV304 sound about right for 11 bucks.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hey all you players who normally play easy tiers, come play your free tier 8 tank!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I think I might shell out the 11 bucks for the Feldhaubitze.

It's pronounced "Grille"! :eng101:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Hey all you players who normally play easy tiers, come play your free tier 8 tank!

I don't get it, none of those tanks are free? Or does NA have a rental thing going on?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
You get a Mutz for 24 hours on NA if you do some easy thing like play one battle.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Do not play tanks this month. Just take a break. Nothing but people with less then 5k games who dont have t8 tanks playing the free t8 tanks WG is letting them play.

DONT PLAY TANKS.

This PSA was brought to you by exia

gently caress WG.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I would very much like to lob some 15cm HE at this demographic.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Today on EU:

Also, we've run into a guy that has played 200 games in his A-43. Check out his battles survived :wtc:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Exia00 posted:

Do not play tanks this month. Just take a break. Nothing but people with less then 5k games who dont have t8 tanks playing the free t8 tanks WG is letting them play.

DONT PLAY TANKS.

gently caress WG.

I have under 2k games and all of my t8s are premium.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Exia00 posted:

DONT PLAY TANKS.

ensign replace the op with exias wise words

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Finally gave up and free xp'd the last little bit of the Covenanter. I just couldn't loving take it. I actually enjoyed the loving M3 Lee grind more than the Covenanter. I've had a few games in the Crusader so far and it is night and day. I've consistently done my hp or even double that in damage, multiple kills per game, and it's not made of tissue paper, although it's still heavy card stock at best :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

Exia00 posted:

DONT PLAY TANKS.

gently caress WG.

I love playing the IS-6 with some many Mutz that do not know how to pen you!

I bounced off 37 shots in a match tonight and enjoyed farming all these new players.