Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Iglocska posted:

Wait, he is not banned?...
The Stimpire thread was excised but not the Stimperor proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Mendrian posted:

When people are specifically talking about being there to report on fleet battles I don't think they're just talking about being a YouTube star. They're also thinking things will happen in the 'verse that demands round the clock reporting. Some of these people think this is Eve only better and therein lies the problem.

It was a joke about adult movies involving a webcam. :)

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Mirificus posted:

The Stimpire thread was excised but not the Stimperor proper.

Excellent, the verse needs a bit more of the fourth stimpire.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I edited this Fleetwood Mac song to be about the whales. My changes are in bold

quote:

If I could turn the page
In time then I'd rearrange just a day or two
Close my, close my, close my eyes
But I couldn't find a way
So I'll settle for one day to believe in you
Tell me, tell me, tell me lies

Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies
(Tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies)
Oh, no, no you can't disguise
(You can't disguise, no you can't disguise)
Tell me lies

Although I'm not making plans
I hope that you understand there's a reason why
Close your, close your, close your eyes
No more broken hearts
We're better off apart let's give it a try
Tell me, tell me, tell me lies

Tell me lies
Tell me lies

If I could turn the page
In time then I'd rearrange just a day or two
(Close my, close my, close my eyes)
But I couldn't find a way
So I'll settle for one day to believe in you
(Tell me, tell me, tell me lies)

Tell me lies

Tell me lies

Tell me lies
(Tell me, tell me lies)

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRP

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Mendrian posted:

When people are specifically talking about being there to report on fleet battles I don't think they're just talking about being a YouTube star. They're also thinking things will happen in the 'verse that demands round the clock reporting. Some of these people think this is Eve only better and therein lies the problem.

Star Citizen: Like Eve, only worse in every way

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Does anyone still have that Star Marine timeline/list of promises that someone did?

It's for science, and for this thread: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315345/fps-is-not-even-close-to-what-star-marine-promised/p24

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Kavak posted:

I edited this Fleetwood Mac song to be about the whales. My changes are in bold

nice

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Iglocska posted:

Does anyone still have that Star Marine timeline/list of promises that someone did?

It's for science, and for this thread: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315345/fps-is-not-even-close-to-what-star-marine-promised/p24

http://www.justagamemode.com/

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Thank you very much, kind sir!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6313696/#Comment_6313696

this thread is still delivering.

Angelarch posted:

without a publisher or investors holding the purse strings, we are pretty much the only thing that can provide any meaningful pressure on them to get things done and avoid being sloppy-- otherwise they would all be in a bar right now spitballing ideas over hard cider and cheezeburgers, and the game would release in 2032 with a third of the promised features

also proving public enemy #1 derek smart wrong is also a giant motivator, but i'm glad the RSI forum is slowly waking up to the space con.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

So… 1984?
Why is it that every time the Citizens dream about something grandiose happening “some day”, it was available in the original Elite 30 years ago?

Tippis fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 1, 2016

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.mixcloud.com/BTH_Radio/bluestreak-and-crew-interviews-sandi-gardiner-and-chris-roberts/
Interview from June 8, 2013...

BluestreakBTHR fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 1, 2016

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Tippis posted:

So… 1984?
Why is it that every time the Citizens dream about something grandiose happening “some day”, it was available in the original Elite 30 years ago?

They pretend nothing ever existed besides Wing Commander. Star Citizen also invented FPS.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Star Citizen will be a COD killer guys, it will be more "lethal" than COD ever was. Don't you forget it.

p.s. assembling 40k orks sucks so much, plz halp

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Seems accurate

Rampant ellipses

More and more complex systems

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

what did all these stimperors do before star citizen?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Google Butt posted:

what did all these stimperors do before star citizen?

Could always look at the bad Mod thread :v:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3514513

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6311609/#Comment_6311609

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dowlphin's incomprehensible bullshit text walls are one of the most annoying side-effects of this whole drat project

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is tomorrow the chris roberts video? I can't wait to see what happens

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

"[CIG] ha[s] only been operating at critical mass for about ~ 12 months"

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Goobs posted:

Star Citizen will be a COD killer guys, it will be more "lethal" than COD ever was. Don't you forget it.

p.s. assembling 40k orks sucks so much, plz halp

Hope you like dry brushing green, because you are going to be dry brushing a lot of green.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

It's funny people bash COD because there's a reason it's so popular, same with Counter-Strike. They're quick and easy enough to play for like twenty minutes and have a bit of fun here and there, with intuitive controls and all the right ways to tickle your tism like the famous COD "thwibt" X hit marker. Next they'll say Minecraft is poo poo because it's not hardcore enough (because they're totally the people who it is marketed towards, and not little kids).

These people are so spergy they might make decent enough programmers and could use their latent autism to better themselves, but instead they choose to create a fantasy in their head where a loving atrocious, impossible to pick up, tedious space sim will somehow change the world of video games forever

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

G0RF posted:

"The backers won't know."

The mind boggles to wonder how many purchases have been made by Chris or Sandi operating purely under that logic. "The backers won't know." It is a hidden tax buried in the ledger. People here post pics of Restoration hardware furniture and porsches and what not -- these things aren't all hidden from us. But it would be amazing to know what HAS been hidden.

This is the secret ingredient to this shitshow that makes it impossible to turn away. Ignorant narcissists in power is old news, but add in crowd sourced fun money and the mind races at how rigged this scheme is for abuse. With no risk of consequence in sight, and layers of sycophants to keep the fantasy alive.

I hope out of this mess comes a minimum requirement of financial transparency for all institutions using crowd funded money.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i wonder how the 71 staff vacancies in austin are going to effect their critical mass.

also i love the "you don't work in games therefore your opinion is ill-informed" buried in the middle

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

MeLKoR posted:

How is that shock grenade supposed to work?

It delivers the worst pain imaginable, then gets 4x stronger every second into the realm of UNIMAGINATION!

Edit: or... or immediately goes to ground and affects absolutely nobody.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Hope you like dry brushing green, because you are going to be dry brushing a lot of green.

I'm doing a grot themed army, including some FW stuff like grot tanks, an rear end-ton of mek gunz, an ork themed aegis defence line, etc. I also have a Stompa I'm working on.....I love the Ork fluff. Excited for Battlefleet Gothic and Total War:Warhammer this year hnggggg. WAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

http://postimage.org/

Goobs fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 1, 2016

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

This guy is next level:spergin:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6313288/#Comment_6313288

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Yeah. Multiplayer really sucks. Who'd back such an awful game concept.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The shock grenade works by causing severe graphical glitches and memory leaks when detonated, thereby shocking someone who may have spent 5 figures into questioning whether it was all worth it

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

alf_pogs posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6313696/#Comment_6313696

this thread is still delivering.

also proving public enemy #1 derek smart wrong is also a giant motivator, but i'm glad the RSI forum is slowly waking up to the space con.

It's so satisfying to finally see even a few people saying that.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

DogonCrook posted:

When a representative of a company speaking in an official capacity (in this case the CEO) advertises a feature, and then a consumer gives them consideration on the expectation of that feature being there, then it's better than a "promise" it is a contract.

It also violates US regulations and state regulations concerning advertising.

Entitled is exactly the word to describe it, just not in the asinine context you use it.

someone get this man an SA account

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6303251/#Comment_6303251

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

i wonder how the 71 staff vacancies in austin are going to effect their critical mass.

also i love the "you don't work in games therefore your opinion is ill-informed" buried in the middle

I like the reply one guy gave to when told "you don't know software development" in another thread- more or less, he is an engineer for Intel and helped build their enterprise/supercomputer processors, and $100 million was just loose change down the back of a couch compared to what they were spending

edit: oh, that's him there ^^^^ tommy noble :)

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 1, 2016

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Goobs posted:

I'm doing a grot themed army, including some FW stuff like grot tanks, an rear end-ton of mek gunz, an ork themed aegis defence line, etc. I also have a Stompa I'm working on.....I love the Ork fluff. Excited for Battlefleet Gothic and Total War:Warhammer this year hnggggg. WAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

http://postimage.org/

Oh dont get me started, I love Orks, best race ever and fun army to play, all they need is a half decent codex. Would be playing them now if not for money constraints.

Really wish we had a 40k space sim rather this shite cig are half arsing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Carebear par excellence

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Hey bluestreak, mix radio won't let me rewind to relisten to an earlier section. Can you upload this to youtube or something?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6310906/#Comment_6310906

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

holy poo poo this guy had a bad experience with pvp growing up

it's like when you drive by your old childhood home, and then one day you get the nerve and walk up and knock on the door. and the new owners open up and invite you in, but there's 5 gankers hiding behind the front entrance, next thing you know youre trapped inside the closet while they're ordering pizza with your stolen credit card. suddenly gas starts filling the closet, but it's actually a vaccuum cleaner turned to reverse, and the closet is all dusty and you feel like you have allergies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Oh dont get me started, I love Orks, best race ever and fun army to play, all they need is a half decent codex. Would be playing them now if not for money constraints.

Really wish we had a 40k space sim rather this shite cig are half arsing.

Isn't there a 40k PS2 thing coming down the pipe?

Also a 40k space sim would be fairly interesting. What kind of stats do you give to a floating cathedral? How does it stack up against a floating ball of derelict transport ships?

Does it have a mixmaster?

• Locked thread