Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
How much weight is all that concrete adding to the floor, too? I'd be worried about the joists and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

slap me silly posted:

How much weight is all that concrete adding to the floor, too? I'd be worried about the joists and everything.

Probably one/one and a half americans

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Cakefool posted:

And would you say there's about 400lbs there, or more?

Well if they can steal it, they can have it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh, I took that picture. I added all of the concrete so I can secure my motorcycle to the toilet

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh, I took that picture. I added all of the concrete so I can secure my motorcycle to the toilet

I question your measurements, sirrah.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.

Bad Munki posted:

Well if they can steal it, they can have it.

moist turtleneck posted:

Suspect Bucket posted:

I question your measurements, sirrah.

..and we've come full circle. Amazing.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
goddamnit

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Platystemon posted:

It “poisons” the concrete and prevents it from setting as fast or as hard.

Do concrete pourers usually carry sugar on hand, just in case somebody fucks up?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Horse Clocks posted:

Do concrete pourers usually carry sugar on hand, just in case somebody fucks up?

You know, it probably doesn't hurt to carry a few pounds in a concrete truck. Always have some on hand for your coffee or tea, bring some lemon powder and you can make lemonade, sounds nice actually.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Suspect Bucket posted:

You know, it probably doesn't hurt to carry a few pounds in a concrete truck. Always have some on hand for your coffee or tea, bring some lemon powder and you can make lemonade, sounds nice actually.

I just had a mental image of somebody sterilizing a mixer truck and using it to pour the biggest smoothie ever.

Or mix the dough to an actual gingerbread house.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Drake_263 posted:

I just had a mental image of somebody sterilizing a mixer truck and using it to pour the biggest smoothie ever.

Or mix the dough to an actual gingerbread house.

You sir have some darn good ideas. But, hear me out. Let's take it a step further. Imagine pulling up to a party in a MARGARITA MIXING TRUCK. You could even divide the tanks in 4 and serve Strawberry, Classic Lemon Lime, Cola, and Non-Alcoholic!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Suspect Bucket posted:

You sir have some darn good ideas. But, hear me out. Let's take it a step further. Imagine pulling up to a party in a MARGARITA MIXING TRUCK. You could even divide the tanks in 4 and serve Strawberry, Classic Lemon Lime, Cola, and Non-Alcoholic!

I, for one, long for the day when I can order margaritas by the yard.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

I, for one, long for the day when I can order margaritas by the yard.

You can already get margaritas by the yard.

You mean by the square yard?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Geirskogul posted:

Cubic, son. Cubic.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bad Munki posted:

Cubic, son. Cubic.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, and?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, and?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, and?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'd like 3 humans of margeritas please bartender.

Deedle
Oct 17, 2011
before you ask, yes I did inform the DMV of my condition and medication, and I passed the medical and psychological evaluation when I got my license. I've passed them every time I have gone to renew my license.

Geirskogul posted:

Must be a NA thing, because that clearly is not 0.91 meter beer.

Judging by the size of that glass you need at least 8 to 12 of those before they make a meter of beer.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Geirskogul posted:

That’s not a margarita, though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah, there's no salt on the rim

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

ExplodingSims posted:

"No, of course I'm not going to drink all of it myself. I'm splitting it with a friend."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

I'd like 11 humans of margaritas please bartender.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

ExplodingSims posted:

Is this where they mama bird it to you?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Suspect Bucket posted:

A lot of people in the margarita machine community have already put together some pretty good margarita mixing trucks. Common thing to do is get an old Unimog flatbed, mount an Albers and Tomlinson rotary with external drive so you can hook it directly to the PTO, and tack up a dispensing frame that hangs off the back. You can easily get 12 MPM out of that without stressing the engine, and the diesel is fuel-efficient enough that you can run that rate consistently through an entire sporting event on a single tank and still have enough to get home. Can't say I've ever seen a mobile unit built out of a cement mixer, though; that'd be a sight.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

How do you even begin to clean something like that up? Shovel as much as you can before it sets, then...???

There was an episode on Dirty Jobs like that, where the whole neighborhood's sewage backed up into this one lady's finished basement. They just dealt with the cleanup though.

By the way, it was much worse than that picture.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sagebrush posted:

Can't say I've ever seen a mobile unit built out of a cement mixer, though; that'd be a sight.

The trick is managing to do it as a continuous pour for the entire payload.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

A lot of people in the margarita machine community have already put together some pretty good margarita mixing trucks. Common thing to do is get an old Unimog flatbed, mount an Albers and Tomlinson rotary with external drive so you can hook it directly to the PTO, and tack up a dispensing frame that hangs off the back. You can easily get 12 MPM out of that without stressing the engine, and the diesel is fuel-efficient enough that you can run that rate consistently through an entire sporting event on a single tank and still have enough to get home. Can't say I've ever seen a mobile unit built out of a cement mixer, though; that'd be a sight.

I'm not sure if you're making GBS threads me or not.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1798430
Sadly all the pics were on waffleimages.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Aw, come on, man, you couldn't at least let it go for a page or so? :saddowns:

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
My timing is so bad :( That is a really good thread though!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Nah, those dudes were pussies, everyone used countertop models. This is the new wave of margarita machining! Hip, young, and MOBILE!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Suspect Bucket posted:

Nah, those dudes were pussies, everyone used countertop models. This is the new wave of margarita machining! Hip, young, and MOBILE!

Margarita machining is a dying trade old man. Today it's all about margaritas 3d printing.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

ExplodingSims posted:

Margarita machining is a dying trade old man. Today it's all about margaritas 3d printing.

Only for one-off/low-volume margarita prototypes. Margarita 3d printing just can't compete when it comes to large-scale margarita production.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
When Cthulhu rises from his unknowable dreams, we'll be ready. We'll be at the beach, watching sanity weep. We'll watch Great Cthulhu claw his way to the shore and spin up our mixers.

And by all the gods great, small and weird, we'll get the bastard so blackout drunk he'll sleep off the hangover for another strange aeon or five.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Bad Munki posted:

Only for one-off/low-volume margarita prototypes. Margarita 3d printing just can't compete when it comes to large-scale margarita production.

That's why we have to strike while the titanium is cold and break into the stagnated margarita industry and ride the wave of innovation! AND WE SHALL RIDE IT IN A GIANT MOBILE MARGARITA MACHINE.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Suspect Bucket posted:

AND WE SHALL RIDE IT IN A GIANT MOBILE MARGARITA MACHINE.

I was actually just watching a video about using a twin-scroll type supercharger to mix room temperature tequila, triple sec, and lime, at high pressures, then using forced air to cool the pressurized mixture back down to room temperature in such a way that the mixture, when depressurized, achieves a perfect slush coefficient. With a sufficiently large intercooler and the right air flow, there's no limit to your MPM!

e. Found the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Surely you'd fill one cement mixer with baileys and then add in the lime juice as you poured, I don't know what all this "margarita" nonsense is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002